800MHz iPhone 4S browser powers past the 1.5GHz Samsung Galaxy S II

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
139 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
34 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #101
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 .Hafestos. said:
yet you still run around saying the s2 has a sh*tty battery life

check a few posts back, the proof is in the graphs
 6 years ago '05        #102
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
...so we're just gonna act like you need a SEPARATE BROWSER to enjoy fast speeds on the S2

ol

[video - click to view]

ass n*ggas

*waits for it*
 10-13-2011, 12:22 PM         #103
Andhily  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #104
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,459 | Props total: 2466 2466
samsung > i phone
 10-13-2011, 12:30 PM         #105
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just so everybody knows, you can go to the following site on your browser and run the same sunspider benchmark being used.

http:// www2.webkit.org/perf/sunspider/sunspider.html

I just ran the benchmark on my T-Mobile G2 running overclocked at 1.2Ghz with Opera Mobile browser and have a score of 2333ms. So according to the benchmark, my phone is faster than the GSII using the stock browser. There goes your benchmark facts. Apple fans are really complaining about using another browser, WOW. It is an app available for FREE on the phone people. Who is nitpicking now.

Again if we are comparing phone capabilities than the GSII is faster at browsing. If we are comparing the browser software, than Safari is better than the stock Android browser. The stock browser will see major improvements on ICS. So yes you need Opera for now. Apple waited for the new IOS to release their new phone. Samsung did not wait for ICS to release their phone. I am sure GSII owners are not mad at the fact that they have to spend a whole minute max to download and install Opera on their phone.

Last edited by xeduran; 10-13-2011 at 01:18 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #106
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
@ the android fans changing the rules/standard to suit themselves, just shows how much you guys want to be on apples level, apple wins, and they say well sh*t use a a modded browser, but when apple uses or adds something as an app to get the upper hand the roles are reversed, you guys are the worst
 10-13-2011, 12:33 PM         #107
Andhily  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
@ the android fans changing the rules/standard to suit themselves, just shows how much you guys want to be on apples level, apple wins, and they say well sh*t use a a modded browser, but when apple uses or adds something as an app to get the upper hand the roles are reversed, you guys are the worst
Just load up Firefox on your 4s and run the webkit when you get it..
 10-13-2011, 12:36 PM         #108
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
I will call out Android fans too if they skew the results. Plain and simple facts are facts. I want people to be able to come into this forum and see the whole picture. This fanboy crap makes me sick, whether it be from Apple fans or Android fans.
 6 years ago '04        #109
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
so basically, gs2 ain't even faster than the ip4 using the stock browser cuz I just got a 3.415 just now, I'll try opera next
 10-13-2011, 12:43 PM         #110
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
so basically, gs2 ain't even faster than the ip4 using the stock browser cuz I just got a 3.415 just now, I'll try opera next

[Smartphone] Samsung Galaxy SII @ 1.2Ghz with Android 2.3.3 – 3371

The numbers in the chart you posted are no good. They were benchmarking the GSII with version 0.9.0 and the Iphone 4S with version 0.9.1. The new version produces slightly better numbers.
 6 years ago '04        #111
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 xeduran said:

[Smartphone] Samsung Galaxy SII @ 1.2Ghz with Android 2.3.3 – 3371

The numbers in the chart you posted are no good. They were benchmarking the GSII with version 0.9.0 and the Iphone 4S with version 0.9.1. The new version produces slightly better numbers.
still though 100mms? for an extremely outdated phone
 10-13-2011, 12:53 PM         #112
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:
Hold up... so Firefox Beta >>> Opera Mobile?

Let me go download and see what's REALLY good.
It depends on the phone. I just ran the benchmark with Firefox on the G2 clocked at 1.2Ghz. Got a score of 2524ms, with Opera a score of 2333ms, and with stock browser a score of 2759ms.

So congratulations Apple fans, you have proven that Safari is better than the stock browser on Android. But from looking at my scores, a G2 (older than a year) performs almost as good as a brand new Iphone 4S when it comes to browsing.

I am on T-Mobile's "4G" network in my area. According to my numbers, even my stock browser is faster than the GSII numbers. This proves there are many things wrong with the way they ran the benchmark.
 10-13-2011, 12:54 PM         #113
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
still though 100mms? for an extremely outdated phone
Look at my numbers on my outdated phone. Those graphs are full of sh*t. My numbers are much better than the GSII using the stock browser. Maybe the internet connection sucked where they were at, I do not know. There is no way my G2 is faster at browsing than the GSII.

My G2 clocked at 1.5Ghz gets a score of 2316 with the stock browser. Almost as fast as the Iphone 4S. Using Opera on my phone and clocked at 1.5Ghz, I get a score of 1927. So according to this benchmark, my phone is faster than the Iphone 4S at browsing using Opera. Mind you this is a single core processor. Do not put too much stock in these benchmarks. Benchmarks are nice for bar graphs and fancy charts. They do not always translate to real time performance. Also it depends how the tests were done.

Last edited by xeduran; 10-13-2011 at 01:02 PM..
 10-13-2011, 12:56 PM         #114
Andhily  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Xeudran would you mind running Vellamo Mobile Web Benchmark and posting your score?
 10-13-2011, 01:17 PM         #115
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andhily said:
Xeudran would you mind running Vellamo Mobile Web Benchmark and posting your score?
Clocked at 1.5Ghz:

Clocked at 1.2Ghz (My daily clock setting):

6 years ago '04        #116
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
LOL @ the guy pronouncing Galaxy as Gassy lol He said something else wrong too. Man he fits the stereotype lol
 6 years ago '10        #117
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,278 | Props total: 23784 23784
android is always going to be better
 10-13-2011, 01:51 PM         #118
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sean McDevitt said:
android is always going to be better
Better is relative. Better for some, not for others.
 10-13-2011, 01:57 PM         #119
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
You do know that V-Sync is enabled on the GSII right? Therefore the FPS is limited right? Come on guys compare apples to apples. The Iphone 4S is a solid phone, but ya are just trying to do half a** comparisons and claiming it is way better than the GSII. The FPS are always going to be lower. The only way the FPS would be a lot closer is if Samsung disabled the V-Sync from being used in the GSII. There is no reason for that. Games run perfectly with V-Sync enabled. I rather have the V-Sync to prevent any kind of screen tearing in games and a flawless framerate, thanks.

The browser test was using flash on the GSII, that is not apples to apples. Opera is FREE and can be used instead and outperform the Iphone 4S significantly when browsing. Not that hard for someone to download a free app. The Iphone 4S has NO broswer that can beat Opera on the GSII. So are we comparing phone capabilities or Android Stock browser vs Iphone 4S Stock browser? Apple wins when it comes to stock browser comparisons. When it comes to browsing on a GSII vs Iphone 4S, the GSII wins. Just use Opera.

Oh and IOS5 just came out. GSII is still using Gingerbread. Like you said, lets wait a few weeks when ICS comes out and the GSII benefits from a new OS just like the Iphone 4s is benefiting from a new OS.

Stop spreading half truths people. Ya like Apple, fine. At least give the full picture and know about the benchmark/videos you are posting.

The benefit of having great hardware a few months ago, even though the software was not ready, is that a simple software upgrade will increase the performance tremendously. Even older phones with dual core processors since Gingerbread is not optimized for dual cores.
You're making excuses for the results though. Results are results, there's no half-truths to make if I'm just posting results, right? I think the video comparison was sloppy and unprofessional, but if you're comparing stock to stock then I'm not sure what the discussion is about. I even granted Android the benefit of the doubt by mentioning ICS and I still get branded a sheep by Half-toes even though I'm tethering my laptop to a Samsung Focus right now.

I mean, c'mon. Why is it so difficult to understand that iOS5 was optimized for it's hardware, Android isn't. I'd like to see an Android Prime vs. iphone 4s comparison. THAT will be a good discussion. Sure, Android allows it to be free, flexible and you can add or subtract components to make it perform better...we're talking about stock vs. stock. Period.

Stop making excuses for Android.

Last edited by Dangerously; 10-13-2011 at 02:02 PM..
 10-13-2011, 02:00 PM         #120
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 .Hafestos. said:
If youre not in here to argue which is better, then you can giiiitttt outtt
I think i used to hate the wars, but now it brings up some good arguments. I just don't like it when people get emotional about it or start making excuses for bad tech.

edit: not talking about xeduran or .Hafestos. by the way. They're good people.

Last edited by Dangerously; 10-13-2011 at 02:15 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
161 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy