Em got the balls to compete unlike jay, thats why hes more respected in the hiphop community

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
63 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
107 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #161
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
 Perplexity said:
I don't throw myself out there to get trolled by sayin sh*t like EM THE GOAT JAY AINT sh*t or nothing stupid like that but Em stays hungry and rarely leaves people disappointed, Jay hasn't come with that raw hungry sh*t in forever but does he really need to? He's a made dude, they are just two different people with what seems like completely different personalities. Let Em do Em and Jay do Jay and leave it at that, no reason to pick sides can't I just like them both?

That's not true, Em's last undeniable album was the Emenim Show and that came out in early 2002....so that's almost 10 years ago, there's alot of poeple who saw Relapse (Em admited that album was underwhelming) and Recovery as disapointments. Jay's last great album was American Gangster and he put that out almost 4 years ago and it was a very hip hop sounding album that did well (no timbaland beats, no kanye beats or features and Kanye owned 07), only guest features were Beanie Siegel, Nas, and Lil Wayne.......Why would he take off his verse and put Beanie Siegel on his album and stop his sets when he said the line "and the first thing imma do is free Siegel" at his 07, 08 shows just to bring out Sigel so he can build Beanie's buzz if he don't care about his artist. Don't forget about him hoping on tru life, uncle murda, jay elec, and siagons stuff...he was even one of the first east coast dudes collaborating with southern artist when it wasn't popular to do so. And dude was right with his post when he said the people that dislike Jay seem to know the most about his life...they only study his background to try and find things to discredit him but they overlook all of things that won't support their argument. Look at his career in hip hop from 94-11 no just 09-11...and even study what he was doing from 86-95 and eye witness accounts and you'll see that he really doesn't have to prove himself......the dude battled LL Cool J in the 90's before he was even famous.....and won.

And Jay has bubblegum sounding singles such as Sunshine, 03 Bonnie & Clyde and Forever Young but he never realeased anything like We Made You, Love The Way You Lie, Spacebound, Crack A Bottle, Without Me, My Name Is, My Band, a.ss Like That, Back Down...not saying that he doesn't realease raw singles too but Em has less albums than Jay but realeases more bubblegum sounding singles.....he even poduced and was featured on Akon's Smack Dat. Em is also the dude who said "I'm like Elvis Presley, I use black music to get myself wealthy" so that's like his "I dumbed down my lyrics to double my dollars" line. I love Jay and Em, they're both in my top 5 but the people arguing Em and discrediting Jay have selective memory. Also I remember in 06 when Jay was dropping alot of radio freestyles of unheard verses before kingdom come came out...and 08 when he did the 44 4's freestyle and he didn't have to do that at that point in his his career.......I don't see Nas, Rakim, G. Rap or any of the hip hop legends drop verses and freestyles, watch Fade to Black....there's actual footage of Jay actually doing improvised freestyling live at his concerts. The last vid I can even recall of Nas doing something close to that was in 94 at Yo MTV raps, the Sprite Commercial with AZ, and that youtube footage where he was rocking the stage with Biggie.

People forget that Jay gave his song You Make Me Better to Fabolous, he also gave When The Money Goes to Fab, he put Dear Summer on Bleeks Album, Anything on Seigels album, lost money on State Property because of their spending habits (he gave them very generous album budgets) ect and probably alot more stuff we don't even know about and it'll probaby get swept under the rug if it does come out because it doesn't fall in line with peoples opinion of Jay.

This thread is biased.

Last edited by A-L-P; 10-13-2011 at 08:20 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #162
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
DSOM Wuz HERE

read every response and laughed at the ridiculousness

[pic - click to view]

HOV is the most consistent rapper with longevity, 11 albums and most of them are above average or damn near classic
so
that makes him GOAT period end of story
 6 years ago '10        #163
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,875 | Props total: 20888 20888
 A-L-P said:
That's not true, Em's last undeniable album was the Emenim Show and that came out in early 2002....so that's almost 10 years ago. Jay's last great album was American Gangster and he put that out almost 4 years ago and it was a very hip hop sounding album that did well (no timbaland beats, no kanye beats or features and Kanye owned 07), only guest features were Beanie Siegel, Nas, and Lil Wayne.......Why would he take off his verse and put Beanie Siegel on his album and stop his sets when he said the line "and the first thing imma do is free Siegel" at his 07, 08 shows just to bring out Sigel so he can build Beanie's buzz if he don't care about his artist. Don't forget about him hoping on tru life, uncle murda, jay elec, and siagons stuff...he was even one of the first east coast dudes collaborating with southern artist when it wasn't popular to do so. And dude was right with his post when he said the people that dislike Jay seem to know the most about his life...they only study his background to try and find things to discredit him but they overlook all of things that won't support their argument. Look at his career in hip hop from 94-11 no just 09-11...and even study what he was doing from 86-95 and eye witness accounts and you'll see that he really doesn't have to prove himself......the dude battled LL Cool J in the 90's before he was even famous.....and won.

And Jay has bubblegum sounding singles such as Sunshine, 03 Bonnie & Clyde and Forever Young but he never realeased anything like We Made You, Love The Way You Lie, Spacebound, Crack A Bottle, Without Me, My Name Is, My Band, a.ss Like That, Back Down...not saying that he doesn't realease raw singles too but Em has less albums than Jay but realeases more bubblegum sounding singles. Em is also the dude who said "I'm like Elvis Presley, I use black music to get myself wealthy". I love Jay and Em, they're both in my top 5 but the people arguing Em and discrediting Jay have selective memory. Also I remember in 06 when Jay was dropping alot of radio freestyles of unheard verses before kingdom come came out...and 08 when he did the 44 4's freestyle and he didn't have to do that at that point in his his career.......I don't see Nas, Rakim, G. Rap or any of the hip hop legends drop verses and freestyles, watch Fade to Black....there's actual footage of Jay actually doing improvised freestyling live at his concerts. The last vid I can even recall of Nas doing something close to that was in 94 at Yo MTV raps, the Sprite Commercial with AZ, and that youtube footage where he was rocking the stage with Biggie.

This thread is biased.
The sad thing about all of this is while this is a great fu*king post, it'll go thru one ear & out the other by tomorrow. Out of all stans on this site the least biased I've seen are Jay fans because they actually like Nas, and Em. Nas stans sh*t on Jay everytime they get a chance & Em stans? Well just look at this thread

I'ma just take this time out & post this thread I made arguing on whether Em is one of the goats:

6 years ago '07        #164
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
The sad thing about all of this is while this is a great fu*king post, it'll go thru one ear & out the other by tomorrow. Out of all stans on this site the least biased I've seen are Jay fans because they actually like Nas, and Em. Nas stans sh*t on Jay everytime they get a chance & Em stans? Well just look at this thread

I'ma just take this time out & post this thread I made arguing on whether Em is one of the goats:

I know bro, people online have biasdness and ego's, there mind is probably already made up about any rapper they disapprove of.

The sad thing is Em is a Jay fan and has alot of respect for Jay.....why else would he have gave Renegades to Jay...I can't recall to many other rappers he collabed with outside the Shady/Aftermath camp from 00-09 besides D-Block

Last edited by A-L-P; 10-13-2011 at 06:27 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #165
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,550 | Props total: 17183 17183
"Eminem murdered you on your own sh*t"

6 years ago '07        #166
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
Jay wouldn't sign Slaughterhouse bcuz he would not want to risk exposin himself like that. Em ain't riskin sh*t. Most us agree he could slaughter everyone in Slaughterhouse in a rap battle. But less than half of us agree that Jay can. If u honestly think Jay could plz tell me. I'd just be surprised to hear someone say some sh*t like that. But it's no suprise to hear anyone say Em would slaughter them.

And I ain't takin shots at u or pushin you. Just makin a honest point. Jay knows he ain't all that. He ain't dumb.
When has Jay ever been a fan of extra lyrical dudes like that? From what I recall, his favs were Biggie, Nas, Scarface, Tupac....and I forgot who the last was but I remember him speaking on his top 5 before. But you're forgeting that he signed Nas, The Roots, Jadakiss, Beanie Siegel, J. Cole, Jay Electronica
 6 years ago '04        #167
DezCaughtIt 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,179 | Props total: 32 32
 Blacknitro said:
THe only one that matters is Jadakiss. He's the only one that's a battle/punchline rapper and Jay never signed him. Jadakiss was never on the Roc.
jada signed to the roc in 07

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #168
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,352 | Props total: 8454 8454
Jay no longer built for this. sellout

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #169
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
jay aint bout that rap life tho,

he'd get ethered in battles

hes a rap "artist"
 6 years ago '10        #170
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,875 | Props total: 20888 20888
 Blacknitro said:
1. I already said I didn't care about hip hop. I'm from the south.

2. I don't care about Jay Z gettin respect. I don't care how much Em gets neither. I was just callin out the fact that Jay ain't good enuff to take the kind of risks that Em takes. It's the truth.

3. I don't care about no hip hop. I'm a Waka Flocka fan and lil B fan, so this ain't got nothin to do with hip hop. It's about ppl being to naive to see that Jay ain't good enough to be in no cypher, so they tryna say he's arrogant. He's not skippin it bcuz he's arrogant. He's skippin cuz he's scared. He ain't tryna get exposed.
How you say you don't care about hip-hop............................................... ...............................................on a hip-hop forum............................................. .................................................. ......then give your opinion like it's supposed to matter anymore
 6 years ago '07        #171
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
THe only one that matters is Jadakiss. He's the only one that's a battle/punchline rapper and Jay never signed him. Jadakiss was never on the Roc.
He actually did sign to the Roc, look it up.
 6 years ago '05        #172
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1672 1672
 BackBlock_OG said:
What hood are you from and what is your definition of "real"? When I say "real", I'm talking about lyrics that reflect your actual life and thoughts. By that definition, Jay's the realest rapper there is.

-and you're right, nobody in the hood is bumping "n*ggaz in Paris" or "Otis". We're all bumping "Bad Meet Evil".

He's on your side

You truly are from the hood, now stay there
 6 years ago '04        #173
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,958 | Props total: 1094 1094
 Blacknitro said:
Jay ain't good enough to be in no cypher, so they tryna say he's arrogant. He's not skippin it bcuz he's arrogant. He's skippin cuz he's scared. He ain't tryna get exposed.
Exposed for what? For not being able to flip metaphors and talk a bunch of nonsense. JAY-Z IS NOT A BATTLE RAPPER. Neither was Big, Nas, rakim, Scaface, Pac, etc. People that listen to Hov aren't listening b/c they want to hear him kick battle verses. Jay-Z spits reality sh*t.

Tell me exactly what you think any of those bums in those cyphers could say to Jay-Z to "expose" him? They'd be so excited to be in Hov's presence, they'd probably forget their lines.

Here's a Jay freestyle since that's what everyone seems to want.

[video - click to view]

10-13-2011, 08:30 PM         #174
~: AkaDemiK :~  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I despise jay's ego
 6 years ago '10        #175
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,426 | Props total: 2380 2380
I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS EMINEM WILL ALWAYS BE THE FAVORITE CHILD OF HIP HOP HE WILL ALWAYS BE LOVED FIRST AND JAY WILL BE THE BLACK SHEEP OF THE HIP HOP FAMILY WHEN THEY BLAME EVERYTHING ON HIM

LOL sike naw im just fu*kin around both em and jay had a big impact on hip hop and did alot to help out other artist. there both great mc's
 10-13-2011, 09:02 PM         #176
Dabu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eminem is bigger than Jay Z point blank.
 6 years ago '05        #177
_Player2 208 heat pts208
space
space
$13,407 | Props total: 9256 9256
jayz lame
 10-13-2011, 09:13 PM         #178
Kal Tourette  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrX said:
Em is the second highest selling artist of all time and dont got nothing to gain by rapping with underground crews, doing cyphers and battling dudes like like canibus and ja

jay on the other hand huge ego wont allow him to jump on a track with young hungry talent do cyphers or even battle big time sellers like wayne

what has jay ever done to prove that hes real hiphop....what do he do? he dont battle, he dont cypher, he dont freestyle, he dont callab with these young hungry lyricist

em truly loves the artform, hell jump on a track with anybody because he love the game, he aint afraid of getting beat on a track....nas is the same way . jay walks around with his nose in the air like hes some sort of god when in reality he just make mediocre raps about his material possessions...hes rich but when it comes to hiphop rankings jay isnt respected amongst the true hiphop heads...ever since nas beat him he been shook to compete using money and status as an excuse not to battle...em rich as sh*t and hell jump on and up incoming artist track because he got balls and have a true love of the culture
Eminem respects the art of hip hop, jay z is about the business.
 6 years ago '07        #179
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,836 | Props total: 4815 4815
 shadydre85 said:
set the rules what rules???[B] sounds like to me its more of a hate/envey coming your way, using the black white card that sh*ts in the past.[/B] and no one is setting rules hip hop wasnt just ment for blacks it was ment for all people from all walks of life no matter if ther asian white or blackor hispanic... just rember jeliousy is a female trate blacks dont buy albums whites do! blacks rarely go to concerts whites do! who do you think is putting money into rappers wallets blacks? No! what your saying makes kno since. was it started by black yes! but the thing about hip hop is that its always evolving it has no race requierment whites aint trying to take anything over esp hip hop trust me
why would i hate em?his stans are anotha matter tho
black and white is in tha past???really.
hip hop originally just was for blacks.u think music cant be unique to a people?
wtf are u talkin about?who is talkin about sales?
whites already took ova hip hop,where tha fu*k u been?name me 1 black distrubutor.if u cant do that,quit tryin to drop some garbage knowledge.u cant win that game.learn ya history,and theirs too
 10-14-2011, 12:33 AM         #180
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
Jay no longer built for this. sellout
so hes a sell out because he doesn't do cyphers

nas must be a sell out too
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago