Em got the balls to compete unlike jay, thats why hes more respected in the hiphop community

most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
133 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #141
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,427 | Props total: 6458 6458
im startin to see that this whole thread is going all over the place
 6 years ago '10        #142
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21120 21120
 psylence2k said:
I still dont understand why you guys cant see that his basketball career is what enabled him to do what he did business. It was his popularity as a basketball legend that enabled him to make millions not his keen business acumen.

Bottom line being that his whole structure is dependent on his basketball legacy, it's his foundation, take it away and you really dont have anything. Is he known for anything outside of his basketball image? No, so how is he bigger than basketball if he never did anything for his legacy to transcend it. ??
Whatever. Agree to disagree.

psylence2k said:
If Jay-Z owned all the rights to Hip Hop as a commercial culture and some rich white multi billionaire offered him a couple billion with plans to turn into complete bullshyt, nobody would be surprised if Jay sold that shyt in a heartbeat. Jay-Z may love hip hop to an extent but he loves his ego and bank account more than anything. Dude is beyond selfish and how can you tell ?? Who shoots their own brother over a couple of rings ?? Psychologists always look at habits from your childhood, Jay has had a self-centered mindset from early on. Dude would eat whole bags of chips-a-hoy in front of his friends as a kid and literally not even give them any.

Em on the other hand you can tell does it for the pure love of the game, do you know how much money Em has left on the table by BARELY touring ?? Jay aint going out of his way to help NOBODY unless he’s making something very very very profitable from it for himself. Em on the other hand is willing to use his time doing all kinds of shyt to help other artists like Bad Meets Evil. Em could easily do some commercial best of both worlds shyt with a huge artist then go out on tour and made like 20 mill last year off that but what does he do? makes a Ep with Royce Da Phuckin 5”9 instead. Sometimes I look at Em like “ Damn man, Go for the Money ! “ but dude doesn’t really care , he’s CONSTANTLY sacrificing his bank account and time to help out other artists because he knows hip hop doesn’t do well as a whole if it’s only him selling. Jay on the other hand would be more than glad to be the only rapper on the planet popping, he’s constantly sabotaging other artist so he has all the shine.

It just seems that Jay-Z just has this arrogant air like he honestly feels hip hop owes him therefore he’s entitled to do whatever the hell he wants to it and the artists in it. That type of mentality is easily comparable to corrupt corporate CEO’s and ruthless power hungry political leaders. I truly believe that the difference between Em and Jay is that Jay sits around nowadays and thinks “ What can Hip Hop do for me? What else can I get from Hip Hop for myself” while Em sits around and thinks “ What Can I do for Hip Hop now? What else can I give ? “. You guys sit around and say “ but but but Jay did this and that and accomplished this for hip hop and changed this and that ! “ Yea and each time he did something was because there was something on the other end of it for him and he damn sure wanted all the money and credit that went along with it. I mean look at how many times Jay wanted to retire since Reasonable Doubt, but every time he realized that there was more money and fame available he jumped back in, not to help the culture I believe but just to help himself to second servings of more more more. Eminem coming to hip hop is amazing for the culture like many other artists existence is, he gave us classic music , opened a new lane, brought in new styles and ideas and ultimately gave back to the game, however if Jay-Z had the opportunity to wipe dude’s existence and legacy away to further his own by being the only rapper in the “best rapper alive” debate, then for some reason I feel like he would definitely do so.

I remember when DMX said something that pretty much nailed it , he said " Jay is a talented muthaphucka ! talented ! omg is he talented, but he has no heart , he's strictly motivated by money & greed "
The thing with his brother I really can't comment on that. I'm not excusing it or anything it's just that I don't like to speak on it cuz it was pretty low. He said the reason why & apologized for it but

On the bank account thing, listen here. Jay may be selfish, ruthless what have you but you're not really making sense.

Why would Jay-Z agree to turn something into sh*t if he's passionate about the music? Have you not listened to the music he's made? If he didn't care you think he would've returned after he retired? That alone disproves anything about him not caring about the art form of hip-hop. After Black Album he was on top of the world & could do whatever he wanted. If you've listened to him talk, read his books, hear his interviews he's deeply passionate about the music, he's just not your definition of passionate.

And here you go again about this Em caring for his artists & Jay not, Em sacrificing & Jay not. Man enough with this bullsh*t I said what've said and I've not once heard what Em has brought new to the table as far as rap goes or gave back to the game. I love both artists but

I really can't have a debate/argument with you em stans good grief..
 6 years ago '06        #143
trey2cool 
space
space
$1,349 | Props total: 47 47
 DrX said:
Em is the second highest selling artist of all time and dont got nothing to gain by rapping with underground crews, doing cyphers and battling dudes like like canibus and ja

jay on the other hand huge ego wont allow him to jump on a track with young hungry talent do cyphers or even battle big time sellers like wayne

what has jay ever done to prove that hes real hiphop....what do he do? he dont battle, he dont cypher, he dont freestyle, he dont callab with these young hungry lyricist

em truly loves the artform, hell jump on a track with anybody because he love the game, he aint afraid of getting beat on a track....nas is the same way . jay walks around with his nose in the air like hes some sort of god when in reality he just make mediocre raps about his material possessions...hes rich but when it comes to hiphop rankings jay isnt respected amongst the true hiphop heads...ever since nas beat him he been shook to compete using money and status as an excuse not to battle...em rich as sh*t and hell jump on and up incoming artist track because he got balls and have a true love of the culture
jay did all this before u was even born fam.....the niigga paid his dues, its not like he just came up in the game 3 years ago.

hes in a spot that your fav. artist wants to be in now because of it. and the respect he gets goes beyond hip hop now. so stop
 6 years ago '04        #144
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,958 | Props total: 1094 1094
"Hip hop, started out in the park, we used to do it to throw off the narcs."

-if you understand that line then you can understand Hov

lol at dudes on here writing essays about who Jay-Z/Eminem are w/o knowing them or anybody that does know them.
 6 years ago '06        #145
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,902 | Props total: 1213 1213
powerful thread
 6 years ago '05        #146
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
Jay ain't a rapper no more. He's a muthafu*king mogul with a hobby. Deal with it
 6 years ago '10        #147
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,433 | Props total: 2391 2391
 r.burgundy said:
what im sayin is 1 it comes to em,whites try and set tha rules to somethin they had no part in establishin.sh*t is hillarious and sad.but thats what they do
set the rules what rules??? sounds like to me its more of a hate/envey coming your way, using the black white card that sh*ts in the past. and no one is setting rules hip hop wasnt just ment for blacks it was ment for all people from all walks of life no matter if ther asian white or blackor hispanic... just rember jeliousy is a female trate blacks dont buy albums whites do! blacks rarely go to concerts whites do! who do you think is putting money into rappers wallets blacks? No! what your saying makes kno since. was it started by black yes! but the thing about hip hop is that its always evolving it has no race requierment whites aint trying to take anything over esp hip hop trust me

Last edited by shadydre85; 10-13-2011 at 03:56 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #148
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
1. Whoever said Jay Z was the first on sellin clothes is a dumb mothafucca.

2. I never said I was mad at Jay for not doin the cypher. I just simply pointed out the reason why doesn't do it. He's scared of gettin exposed to the fact that he's not that good. Like I said earlier, most us agree that Em could beat everyone in Slaughterhouse, but less than half of us feel that way about Jay. It's bcuz we know he ain't that good. He's good songwriters/song makers, but WTF does that have to do with being a MC. Snoop Dogg makes hit songs too and ain't nobody sayin he could hang with battle/punchline rappers. Jay doesn't deserve to be considered an elite MC and get the credit primarily bcuz of his subject matter on the drug game and hustling to go along with his sales. But okay, I want even to there.

3. Ya'll are talkin bout he's done songs with so and so. I ain't talkin bout no mothafuccin song. I"m talkin bout a cypher. I'm talkin bout spittin. Jay don't wanna go back and forth with anyone on that, cuz he know he ain't that good. U see how DMX hurt his feelings in a cypher. And he doesn't make diss records no more every since Nas took his balls. That's 2 big losses. Jay can't afford to be on no damn bet cypher. He knows the deal. He's been exposed twice. Third time could strike his out of his elite status as a MC.

4. The point is. He don't have to do no damn cypher if he don't want to. I'm not mad at him for not being there. I don't care about hip hop...I'm from the south. I'm just here to point out the TRUTH. The reason he ain't doin it is bcuz he ain't that good and he knows it. He ain't dumb enough to expose himself. There were rappers at the cypher that should NOT have been there, but they were dumb enuff to go.

5. Em does/rips cyphers and signs/hangs with rappers that can also rip cyphers cuz he ain't riskin nothing. He's just as good as anyone out there, mainstream or underground. Em is a mainstream rapper that can go toe to toe with any rappers broke or rich. Jay isn't. He'd get ate up by the average battle/punchline rapper, so he stays away from battle/punchline rappers and signs hustler, thugs and lyricists in order to prevent himself from beng exposed. Cam could be classified as a punchline rapper and Jay was ready to sh*t on himself when he came to the Roc. He knew the deal. And I'm not Cam'ron fan, but we all know if he held on to his million dollar promotion he would've been just as potent as Jay and he had the punchline skills to get instant credit (which he did), unlike those other rappers on the Roc, that were really just hustlers or thugs that never got MC respect....they posed no threat to Jay's status as an elite MC, which is why Jay loved standing next to them.
I wasn't gonna respond b/c this thread does more to show how great Jay is than anything else. People are dying for Jay to respond to all these no name rappers or get into some dumb a.ss lyrical battle w/ mc no-name so there can be a thousand threads about how ______ k!lled Jay-Z. It's not gonna happen. You keep saying songs don't matter, but songs are what separates household names from good mc's. If you look at the greats like Jay, B.I.G., Nas, Scarface, Pac, Cube, etc, none of them are battle rappers. That battle rap sh*t is for teenagersand no name mc's. The only reason Em is sucessful w/ that sh*t is b/c he's white. If Em were black, he'd be selling just as much as those other dudes in the cypher w/ him. If I'm lying, show me some #'s that prove me wrong.

The funny part is during the 90's, most suburban white kids just liked gangster rap. They didn't want to hear that east coast lyrical sh*t. Then after Eminem comes out, these white kids think they know what "real hip hop" is GTFOH, most of you never saw/heard a cypher until 8Mile came out. n*ggaz like Jay-Z been doing cyphers since he was like 13-14. He's over 40 now, why the fu*k would he still be doing that? He doesn't have to spit another verse in his life. His catalog is >>> than any other artist. Not only that, but Jay-Z's not some undeground battle rapper spitting a bunch of nonsense lines for people to go "oohh, ahhh" Hov spits reality raps about his life; that's what makes him great.

What this is really all about is Eminem fans hate the fact that black people don't hold Em in the same regard as they hold Hov. They've gone so far as to say Jay ain't as respected in the hip hop community. What hip hop community? The suburbs? Is that the new "hip hop community"? Cuz in my hood, where dudes been listening to hip hop their whole lives (not when Em came out), nobody can tell you 2 Eminem songs from the last 10 yrs. Yet if some new Hov comes out, that's all you hear in the streets.

Last edited by BackBlock_OG; 10-13-2011 at 04:04 PM..
 10-13-2011, 04:03 PM         #149
rafi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BackBlock_OG said:
I wasn't gonna respond b/c this thread does more to show how great Jay is than anything else. People are dying for Jay to respond to all these no name rappers or get into some dumb a.ss lyrical battle w/ mc no-name so there can be a thousand threads about how ______ k!lled Jay-Z. It's not gonna happen. You keep saying songs don't matter, but songs are what separates household names from good mc's. If you look at the greats like Jay, B.I.G., Nas, Scarface, Pac, Cube, etc, none of them are battle rappers. That battle rap sh*t is for teenagersand no name mc's. The only reason Em is sucessful w/ that sh*t is b/c he's white. If Em were black, he'd be selling just as much as those other dudes in the cypher w/ him. If I'm lying, show me some #'s that prove me wrong.

The funny part is during the 90's, most suburban white kids just liked gangster rap. They didn't want to hear that east coast lyrical sh*t. Then after Eminem comes out, these white kids think they know what "real hip hop" is GTFOH, most of you never saw/heard a cypher until 8Mile came out. n*ggaz like Jay-Z been doing cyphers since he was like 13-14. He's over 40 now, why the fu*k would he still be doing that? He doesn't have to spit another verse in his life. His catalog is >>> than any other artist. Not only that, but Jay-Z's not some undeground battle rapper spitting a bunch of nonsense lines for people to go "oohh, ahhh" Hov spits reality raps about his life; that's what makes him great.

What this is really all about is Eminem fans hate the fact that black people don't hold Em in the same regard is they hold Hov. They've gone so far as to say Jay ain't as respected in the hip hop community. What hip hop community? The suburbs? Is that the new "hip hop community"? Cuz in my hood, where dudes been listening to hip hop their whole lives (not when Em came out), nobody can tell you 2 Eminem songs from the last 10 yrs. Yet if some new Hov comes out, that's all you hear in the streets.
/thread
 6 years ago '10        #150
space
space
 BackBlock_OG said:

What this is really all about is Eminem fans hate the fact that black people don't hold Em in the same regard as they hold Hov. They've gone so far as to say Jay ain't as respected in the hip hop community. What hip hop community? The suburbs? Is that the new "hip hop community"? Cuz in my hood, where dudes been listening to hip hop their whole lives (not when Em came out), nobody can tell you 2 Eminem songs from the last 10 yrs. Yet if some new Hov comes out, that's all you hear in the streets.

fu*k outta here. Jay don't spit about no real sh*t, & nobody in the hood bumps his music.

6 years ago '04        #151
space
space
I got a great idea, how about all you dudes stop listening to Jay-Z's songs.

Stop making threads about everything he wears/says/does.

Stop using Jay-Z as the benchmark for everything

Stop comparing everything your favorite rapper does to what Jay-Z does.

Stop disecting every single line/song Jay makes.

If you're so tired of him, stop talking about him. Stop quoting his lines.

90% of the Jay-Z threads on this board are made by so called Jay-Z haters. Why is that?

Dudes on here swear they hate Hov, but can tell you his whole life story. (Dude earlier was talking about Jay-Z sharing chips w/ his friends as a kid )

GET OFF HIS d!ck!!!
 6 years ago '10        #152
space
space
 BackBlock_OG said:
I got a great idea, how about all you dudes stop listening to Jay-Z's songs.

Stop making threads about everything he wears/says/does.

Stop using Jay-Z as the benchmark for everything

Stop comparing everything your favorite rapper does to what Jay-Z does.

Stop disecting every single line/song Jay makes.

If you're so tired of him, stop talking about him. Stop quoting his lines.

90% of the Jay-Z threads on this board are made by so called Jay-Z haters. Why is that?

Dudes on here swear they hate Hov, but can tell you his whole life story. (Dude earlier was talking about Jay-Z sharing chips w/ his friends as a kid )

GET OFF HIS d!ck!!!

And nah you already know what they gonna say. "It's a discussion board we can talk about who we want." :rolleyes:
 6 years ago '04        #153
DezCaughtIt 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,179 | Props total: 32 32
how jay-z dont work with new artists? he was just on j coles album, j cole was on his album, he was on drakes album. he collabed with jay electronica.............. em was battling bis and ja 10 years ago when jay was battling mobb deep and nas.
 10-13-2011, 04:28 PM         #154
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't throw myself out there to get trolled by sayin sh*t like EM THE GOAT JAY AINT sh*t or nothing stupid like that but Em stays hungry and rarely leaves people disappointed, Jay hasn't come with that raw hungry sh*t in forever but does he really need to? He's a made dude, they are just two different people with what seems like completely different personalities. Let Em do Em and Jay do Jay and leave it at that, no reason to pick sides can't I just like them both?
 6 years ago '04        #155
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

fu*k outta here. Jay don't spit about no real sh*t, & nobody in the hood bumps his music.

What hood are you from and what is your definition of "real"? When I say "real", I'm talking about lyrics that reflect your actual life and thoughts. By that definition, Jay's the realest rapper there is.

-and you're right, nobody in the hood is bumping "n*ggaz in Paris" or "Otis". We're all bumping "Bad Meet Evil".

6 years ago '04        #156
space
space
 Perplexity said:
I don't throw myself out there to get trolled by sayin sh*t like EM THE GOAT JAY AINT sh*t or nothing stupid like that but Em stays hungry and rarely leaves people disappointed, Jay hasn't come with that raw hungry sh*t in forever but does he really need to? He's a made dude, they are just two different people with what seems like completely different personalities. Let Em do Em and Jay do Jay and leave it at that, no reason to pick sides can't I just like them both?
true but this is boxden. that sh!t ain't happening. people already picked their side for whatever reason.
 6 years ago '10        #157
space
space
 BackBlock_OG said:
What hood are you from and what is your definition of "real"? When I say "real", I'm talking about lyrics that reflect your actual life and thoughts. By that definition, Jay's the realest rapper there is.

-and you're right, nobody in the hood is bumping "n*ggaz in Paris" or "Otis". We're all bumping "Bad Meet Evil".

Um...What..?

6 years ago '04        #158
space
space
 BackBlock_OG said:

he is on your side. he just didn't put "" between what he said so it sounds like he said it instead of making fun of the other side
 6 years ago '04        #159
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
We don't need to know them. Your actions define who you are.
Do you know how stupid you sound? If you don't know the guy and haven't spent a day of your life around the guy, how would you know what his actions are? You're piecing together sh*t you read by people who have grudges and using that to support your argument. For instance, you'll use a Beanie Sigel interview to form your opinion, but you won't use a Bleek interview; and Bleek knows Jay-Z way better than Sigel.
 6 years ago '04        #160
DezCaughtIt 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,179 | Props total: 32 32
blueprint 3 > recovery
watch the throne >hell the sequel
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy