Em got the balls to compete unlike jay, thats why hes more respected in the hiphop community

most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
70 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #121
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,436 | Props total: 6498 6498
 r.burgundy said:
top 10 in atl
nope, top 10 period. he gets hood love everywhere
 6 years ago '07        #122
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4828 4828
 justinjones said:
nope, top 10 period. he gets hood love everywhere
not in my hood
now n*ggas be bumpin ross all day
 6 years ago '07        #123
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 psylence2k said:
I think the reason ppl want him to prove himself because there’s been multiple times in his career when challenges have presented themselves that he’s taken the “easy” way out, and fans feel cheated by that. Artists aint remembered for what they did in the calm but what they conquered in the storm. Only time Jay has ever been to a legitimate war was with Nas but he obviously never knew it would’ve turned out like that. He thought Nas was old and washed up and would be ripe for the picking, and easy k!ll he thought cuz at the time Nas appeared to be having trouble handling Bleek in their subliminal wars. If he even had the slightest idea that Nas had that in him at that point in time he would’ve never dropped Takeover IMO. Dude has Lebron syndrome , u cant ball out and call yourself the best and then when the heat is on in the 4th you choke up.

The reason why ppl think he’s more passionate about preserving his legacy than doing what’s best for the culture is because nobody can really remember the last time Jay-Z did anything “selfless” for any artist or for hip hop. Matter fact he’s always done the opposite even to the point or robbing other artists, even those in his own camp. What has Em done ? He put on D-12 (hot garbage) and Obie, did songs with artists not on his label that were garbage and not even poppin ( Trick Trick , Boo ya Tribe , Sticky Fingaz , etc), he did beats for free for other artists for YEARS, he wanted 50 to have his own label when 50 offered to put all of G-Unit on Shady, he puts on Yela and Slaughter. What did Jay-Z do ?? He damn near k!lled his brother, didn’t show up for JaZ’s video after he put him on, he kicked Joe Budden off the Roc the Mic Tour after their back and forth, he used the Young Gunz for promotion on his tour and kept 80k show money and gave them $900 a piece when they had the bigger buzz, all the shyt he did to beans including not letting him go and eat very good at G-Unit when he knew he didn’t have any plans for him , he kicked the Dips off the Roc-A-Fella tour because they had a bigger buzz than he did at the time , he tried everything to block Kanye from becoming a solo artist, he watched Dame’s life crumble and spit on him with subliminal shots, and instead of coming in with artists on the ground floor and helping them build buzz, he waits until they have a #1 hit and jumps on their shyt to blow himself up.

If all this doesn’t point out that he simply is just “using” the culture for his own gain then I really don’t understand where you’re getting your perspective from. Dude is just take, take , take , take with no give, and whenever he feels threatened due to his insecurity and need to ALWAYS be on top he wont think twice about stepping on a few of his own to stay on top. Of course I’ve said already lyrically he’s that dude. Nobody is questioning his music, but at the same time when you compare him to other legends and the debate gets neck and neck and you have to go to the intangibles then Jay loses points there for underachieving and ducking and dodging adversity his whole career. Do you love hip hop? I don’t know how anyone who does can know that someone’s mind state is not “ What can I do for Hip hop” but solely “ What can hip hop do for me “ ?? Yea he’s given you good music but that’s only because you’ve lined his pockets, he doesn’t constantly put out music because he’s passionate if so then the music would actually be a lil better. He only puts out music at this point because he understands that he needs his reputation as “Jay-Z” the rapper “ to fuel the marketability of his brand which keeps all his other businesses profitable. It’s a business thing, why do you think he’s the only nets owner that gets interviewed when he only owns like 2% of the team? It’s because he’s a musician/celebrity/ beyonce’s husband. He needs the music to keep his name out there. It’s clear as day, I dunno why you cant see this.
this is a home run right here

jay is a selfish a.ss motherfu*ker who does it for the MONEY not the art of hip hop,

and uses that money to try and create this image of him being "the best"
 6 years ago '07        #124
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Did you just start listening to rap when Em came on to the scene because that's just bias beyond belief. Em doesn't sell his image or brand?

He was a fu*king shock value artist for god's sake

Other than the fact that Em can spit with best of them & I do mean the best, he's been a gimmick his whole career. lol he seriously said Em planted seeds in the hip-hop game and has given back to Hip-Hop, while Jay just sells his image

Woww...
and hes right, look at the post by psylence i quoted you can not dispute that at all man splash some cold water on your face and wake the fu*k up
 6 years ago '10        #125
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21133 21133
 1LynguisticMind said:
this is a home run right here

jay is a selfish a.ss motherfu*ker who does it for the MONEY not the art of hip hop,

and uses that money to try and create this image of him being "the best"

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #126
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

[pic - click to view]

usage of gif = cant take the truth

what about that dudes post is false?

jay cares about hip hop?

really? he doesnt jump on whats hot and do it for the money huh?

6 years ago '10        #127
space
space
 1LynguisticMind said:
and hes right, look at the post by psylence i quoted you can not dispute that at all man splash some cold water on your face and wake the fu*k up
Snowman...my white homie, you're serious bruh?

Cmon man..y'all are misinformed. What is he right about that he's been about the money?

You ever listened to Reasonable Doubt, he's ALWAYS been about the money.

You agree with him not helping Hip-Hop, how the fu*k has he not given back? How? Point where he hasn't helped hip-hop.

Without him, Hip-Hop is in a state of flux! Do you know how many rappers want to be like Jay-Z? If it wasn't for Jigga people wouldn't be up on that I don't write rhymes sh*t. You guys want to box in hip-hop like it's supposed to be just lyrically & physically helping out artists when it's much more than that. You and the rest of the em stans need to wake up.

Psy2k brought up Young Gunz & Jaz-o. Last I remembered Young Gunz should be thankful & rightfully they are, for Jay even giving them the opportunity. Last I checked Beanie Sigel had his own goddamn label, he had fu*king bentleys & a clothing line. What more do you want?Don't you understand that any person who signs to Jay is auto looked at as "oh sh*t you heard that new cat who got signed to Jay-Z? Word, word yo." J. Cole is the best fu*king example & nobody brings him up but wants to bring up other sh*t that fits them their argument best. Cole sold 217k FIRST WEEK WITH THE SAME sh*t Y'ALL ARE SAYING HE DID TO YOUNG GUNZ, etc. So what is it? "Oh well, well, well, he could've sold more if Jay..." no motherfu*ker Jay has always been about letting the artists do them. No handouts, no nothing.

If Eminem wants to put people on then that's Eminem, that doesn't mean every fu*king artist has to do was Em does. That doesn't mean every fu*king artist has to promote Big like Puffy did. That doesn't mean every fu*king artist has to shout out their artist like Lil Wayne does. Jay is into signing the artist, let them build their fanbase, release their music & they become their own man. I bet if you signed a contract you gonna be like fu*k this bi*ch yo he won't even give me co-sign even though I should becoming my own artist & mold into my own person. Jay let Kanye West do him & it's been well documented that he didn't give him the time of day. What happens? Yeezy becomes one of the biggest rappers today.

I swear yo...................I swear...
 6 years ago '05        #128
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,497 | Props total: 717 717
em is miles ahead of anyone in rap...sorry
 6 years ago '10        #129
space
space
And be clear before anybody else says anything, I'm not excusing Jay for everything he's done in his career. Would I like Jay to have done more features with his artists? Of course what rap fan wouldn't but the things y'all are saying it's like Em is supposed to be the prototypical artist to follow when you're a big name.

There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that most of us don't know & a lot of y'all are a.ssuming that happened.
 6 years ago '04        #130
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 FappingFapstar said:
stupidest examples ever....i cannot believe u just said this

jordan making more money as a business man after his NBA career than he EVER did in NBA

Jordan>>>>>>>>>>>>NBA

I cant believe ppl are this incompetent, his whole business model is based on his basketball legacy, he sells shyt to kids because they want to "be like mike" on the court, you're acting like he made some genius investment options in the stock market by himself like he's warren buffet or something or created some unrelated corporation from scratch. Rupert Murdoch , Steve Jobs, Donald Trump, Carlos Slim Helu, these are great businessman. Jordan probably doesn't even do shyt besides approve sneaker designs and gives them a final nod. Letting Nike execs use your name to handle and run your brand doesn't make you some genius business man. You guys need to learn the difference between first hand creating and running a successful business versus becoming famous and signing some damn endorsement deals. I bet you guys think that everything Jay does business wise was shyt he thought up himself and initiated from scratch too huh ?? Jordan >> NBA ?? If Jordan never entered the NBA we wouldn't know who the hell he is, on the other hand Jordan or not, the NBA would've still existed.

Last edited by psylence2k; 10-13-2011 at 01:30 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #131
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I cant believe ppl are this incompetent, his whole business model is based on his basketball legacy, he sells shyt to kids because they want to "be like mike" on the court, you're acting like he made some genius investment options in the stock market by himself like he's warren buffet or something or created some unrelated corporation from scratch. Rupert Murdoch , Steve Jobs, Donald Trump, Carlos Slim Helu, these are great businessman. Jordan probably doesn't even do shyt besides approve sneaker designs and gives them a final nod. Letting Nike execs use your name to handle and run your brand doesn't make you some genius business man. You guys need to learn the difference between first hand creating and running a successful business versus becoming famous and signing some damn endorsement deals. I bet you guys think that everything Jay does business wise was shyt he thought up himself and initiated from scratch too huh ??
Who said all of this? Why are you bringing this up like he's supposed to be Steve Jobs & Donald Trump. Nobody has called him a genius business man........at all.Yes his business model is based on his basketball legacy but he doesn't play basketball anymore. He is bigger than basketball. You do know that when you are at the absolute top of your craft and you retire you get opportunities to venture into different things right?

Maybe our definitions on he doesn't need basketball are different so maybe I should explain it. MJ had a great, fantastic, excellent career. Because of that career & the popurlarity he had as a player he can make millions off of his shoe since he was on the court playing in them. Because of those millions he makes off of his shoe, businesses look to do partnerships with him. Because of those partnerships he can go further into the business game & expand his brand as a business man. Because of expanding his brand he no longer needs basketball as a stepping stone, since he's above & farther from that.

Edit: If you disagree any further & have your own view on it then fine. But I said all I can on that, I'm done.

Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 10-13-2011 at 01:44 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #132
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,435 | Props total: 2394 2394
 r.burgundy said:
tha problem is when yall try an define and taylor it to fit whateva eminem is doin.

"o,em will do a cypher,jayz wont,em uses 9 sylable words,lil wayne doest"yadda yadda

lets talk about who gets bumped in tha hood,where this sh*t comes from.then lets see who does what

^^^^^^^^case n point
i didnt say none of that, that was somone else... i fu*k with both Em and Jay-z but Em alot more. i think they BOTH have done alot for hip hop in ther own way. look im black im from philly and i fu*k with n*ggas from the burbs too and they can school n*ggas on hip hop just as good as somone from the hood trust me iv seen it happen befor. where your from shouldnt defin who you are and what your about.

Last edited by shadydre85; 10-13-2011 at 01:51 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #133
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
not in my hood
now n*ggas be bumpin ross all day
see thats the problem right there n*ggas dont no what good music is "the hood" in my opion listen to garbage n*ggas. dont get me wrong ross always has hot beats and nice ridder music but n*ggas will listen to ross befor they ever listen to j cole or kanye or a rap group like sluaghterhouse
 6 years ago '04        #134
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Who said all of this? Why are you bringing this up like he's supposed to be Steve Jobs & Donald Trump. Nobody has called him a genius business man........at all.Yes his business model is based on his basketball legacy but he doesn't play basketball anymore. He is bigger than basketball. You do know that when you are at the absolute top of your craft and you retire you get opportunities to venture into different things right?

Maybe our definitions on he doesn't need basketball are different so maybe I should explain it. MJ had a great, fantastic, excellent career. Because of that career & the popurlarity he had as a player he can make millions off of his shoe since he was on the court playing in them. Because of those millions he makes off of his shoe, businesses look to do partnerships with him. Because of those partnerships he can go further into the business game & expand his brand as a business man. Because of expanding his brand he no longer needs basketball as a stepping stone, since he's above & farther from that.

Edit: If you disagree any further & have your own view on it then fine. But I said all I can on that, I'm done.

I still dont understand why you guys cant see that his basketball career is what enabled him to do what he did business. It was his popularity as a basketball legend that enabled him to make millions not his keen business acumen.

Bottom line being that his whole structure is dependent on his basketball legacy, it's his foundation, take it away and you really dont have anything. Is he known for anything outside of his basketball image? No, so how is he bigger than basketball if he never did anything for his legacy to transcend it. ??
 6 years ago '04        #135
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
If Jay-Z owned all the rights to Hip Hop as a commercial culture and some rich white multi billionaire offered him a couple billion with plans to turn into complete bullshyt, nobody would be surprised if Jay sold that shyt in a heartbeat. Jay-Z may love hip hop to an extent but he loves his ego and bank account more than anything. Dude is beyond selfish and how can you tell ?? Who shoots their own brother over a couple of rings ?? Psychologists always look at habits from your childhood, Jay has had a self-centered mindset from early on. Dude would eat whole bags of chips-a-hoy in front of his friends as a kid and literally not even give them any.

Em on the other hand you can tell does it for the pure love of the game, do you know how much money Em has left on the table by BARELY touring ?? Jay aint going out of his way to help NOBODY unless he’s making something very very very profitable from it for himself. Em on the other hand is willing to use his time doing all kinds of shyt to help other artists like Bad Meets Evil. Em could easily do some commercial best of both worlds shyt with a huge artist then go out on tour and made like 20 mill last year off that but what does he do? makes a Ep with Royce Da Phuckin 5”9 instead. Sometimes I look at Em like “ Damn man, Go for the Money ! “ but dude doesn’t really care , he’s CONSTANTLY sacrificing his bank account and time to help out other artists because he knows hip hop doesn’t do well as a whole if it’s only him selling. Jay on the other hand would be more than glad to be the only rapper on the planet popping, he’s constantly sabotaging other artist so he has all the shine.

It just seems that Jay-Z just has this arrogant air like he honestly feels hip hop owes him therefore he’s entitled to do whatever the hell he wants to it and the artists in it. That type of mentality is easily comparable to corrupt corporate CEO’s and ruthless power hungry political leaders. I truly believe that the difference between Em and Jay is that Jay sits around nowadays and thinks “ What can Hip Hop do for me? What else can I get from Hip Hop for myself” while Em sits around and thinks “ What Can I do for Hip Hop now? What else can I give ? “. You guys sit around and say “ but but but Jay did this and that and accomplished this for hip hop and changed this and that ! “ Yea and each time he did something was because there was something on the other end of it for him and he damn sure wanted all the money and credit that went along with it. I mean look at how many times Jay wanted to retire since Reasonable Doubt, but every time he realized that there was more money and fame available he jumped back in, not to help the culture I believe but just to help himself to second servings of more more more. Eminem coming to hip hop is amazing for the culture like many other artists existence is, he gave us classic music , opened a new lane, brought in new styles and ideas and ultimately gave back to the game, however if Jay-Z had the opportunity to wipe dude’s existence and legacy away to further his own by being the only rapper in the “best rapper alive” debate, then for some reason I feel like he would definitely do so.

I remember when DMX said something that pretty much nailed it , he said " Jay is a talented muthaphucka ! talented ! omg is he talented, but he has no heart , he's strictly motivated by money & greed "

Last edited by psylence2k; 10-13-2011 at 02:17 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #136
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
 psylence2k said:
If Jay-Z owned all the rights to Hip Hop as a commercial culture and some rich white multi billionaire offered him a couple billion with plans to turn into complete bullshyt, nobody would be surprised if Jay sold that shyt in a heartbeat. Jay-Z may love hip hop to an extent but he loves his ego and bank account more than anything. Dude is beyond selfish and how can you tell ?? Who shoots their own brother over a couple of rings ?? Psychologists always look at habits from your childhood, Jay has had a self-centered mindset from early on. Dude would eat whole bags of chips-a-hoy in front of his friends as a kid and literally not even give them any.

Em on the other hand you can tell does it for the pure love of the game, do you know how much money Em has left on the table by BARELY touring ?? Jay aint going out of his way to help NOBODY unless he’s making something very very very profitable from it for himself. Em on the other hand is willing to use his time doing all kinds of shyt to help other artists like Bad Meets Evil. Em could easily do some commercial best of both worlds shyt with a huge artist then go out on tour and made like 20 mill last year off that but what does he do? makes a Ep with Royce Da Phuckin 5”9 instead. Sometimes I look at Em like “ Damn man, Go for the Money ! “ but dude doesn’t really care , he’s CONSTANTLY sacrificing his bank account and time to help out other artists because he knows hip hop doesn’t do well as a whole if it’s only him selling. Jay on the other hand would be more than glad to be the only rapper on the planet popping, he’s constantly sabotaging other artist so he has all the shine.

It just seems that Jay-Z just has this arrogant air like he honestly feels hip hop owes him therefore he’s entitled to do whatever the hell he wants to it and the artists in it. That type of mentality is easily comparable to corrupt corporate CEO’s and ruthless power hungry political leaders. I truly believe that the difference between Em and Jay is that Jay sits around nowadays and thinks “ What can Hip Hop do for me? What else can I get from Hip Hop for myself” while Em sits around and thinks “ What Can I do for Hip Hop now? What else can I give ? “. You guys sit around and say “ but but but Jay did this and that and accomplished this for hip hop and changed this and that ! “ Yea and each time he did something was because there was something on the other end of it for him and he damn sure wanted all the money and credit that went along with it. I mean look at how many times Jay wanted to retire since Reasonable Doubt, but every time he realized that there was more money and fame available he jumped back in, not to help the culture I believe but just to help himself to second servings of more more more. Eminem coming to hip hop is amazing for the culture like many other artists existence is, he gave us classic music , opened a new lane, brought in new styles and ideas and ultimately gave back to the game, however if Jay-Z had the opportunity to wipe dude’s existence and legacy away to further his own by being the only rapper in the “best rapper alive” debate, then for some reason I feel like he would definitely do so.

I remember when DMX said something that pretty much nailed it , he said " Jay is a talented muthaphucka ! talented ! omg is he talented, but he has no heart , he's strictly motivated by money & greed "
 6 years ago '07        #137
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 shadydre85 said:
i didnt say none of that, that was somone else... i fu*k with both Em and Jay-z but Em alot more. i think they BOTH have done alot for hip hop in ther own way. look im black im from philly and i fu*k with n*ggas from the burbs too and they can school n*ggas on hip hop just as good as somone from the hood trust me iv seen it happen befor. where your from shouldnt defin who you are and what your about.
what im sayin is 1 it comes to em,whites try and set tha rules to somethin they had no part in establishin.sh*t is hillarious and sad.but thats what they do
 6 years ago '07        #138
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 shadydre85 said:
see thats the problem right there n*ggas dont no what good music is "the hood" in my opion listen to garbage n*ggas. dont get me wrong ross always has hot beats and nice ridder music but n*ggas will listen to ross befor they ever listen to j cole or kanye or a rap group like sluaghterhouse
who are u to define whats good for people?tha reason y its all these different rappers is its music for everybody.i hav neva heard a slaughterhouse song,or 2 jcole songs,probly neva will.they music is just plain borin to me.people listen to what they feel they relate to
 10-13-2011, 02:39 PM         #139
rafi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tonystarks21 said:
ts has a point and jayz throws that im too grown i got too much money b.s around

even kanye was in the cypher last year man jayz a bi*ch sometimes
what about nas?

can someone answer me this question?
 6 years ago '04        #140
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 rafi said:
what about nas?

can someone answer me this question?
I feel Nas can come off snobbish too at times but it's for totally different reasons, He's real discriminant about what he's a.ssociated with. When he feels something can some off too "commercial" he distances himself, like when he jumped on board and quickly off with murder Inc . He's paranoid about preserving his "essence " so he's really picky with what he jumps on. It's not really about money with Nas as much as it is him being overly paranoid about his image and integrity. I think alot of it also has to do with not being able to make up his mind and flip flopping on his creative direction as we've seen all throughout his career.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
42 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
18 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now