Em got the balls to compete unlike jay, thats why hes more respected in the hiphop community

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-13-2011, 06:53 AM         #101
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
"using money and status as an excuse not to battle"

His fans do that aswell, Jay throws out loads of subliminals left right and center but when people diss him his fans say they dont warrant a response. Who will warrant a response because some of the people who thew shots at him are well known rappers not underground nobodies?

I like Jay Z but i dont think he is above beefing with people like Game and Wayne when the gauntlet has been laid down, if he beefed with them and won id like him more
I can agree with this. Okay, but let's go through this real quick. Em made a name for himself battling, Game made a name for himself dissing. Wayne had his big breakthrough with 500 Degrees which was a diss on Juvenile. All of these dudes made their career off battling, Jay didn't make his career off battling, his career almost ended because of battling.

I just think Jay's made it clear that he's not about that lifestyle anymore because he clearly has more to lose than those who beef with him. It's not manly or adversarial, but Jay could've lost a great deal with that battle with Nas. He's lucky he had a great team of people behind him to move beyond Ether and make business moves to help him cross over.

I can't imagine him trying to battle now. I think he's still a great lyricist and probably one of the best to enter a booth, but I'm okay if Jay never responds to a beef. That's my personal belief.

That being said, if Jay does ever enter a battle, he's gonna drop some nasty shots. Everyone always forgets this:

[video - click to view]

Ether hurt him, but this is arguably the ugliest diss track in history. Just nasty. Got AI in a lot of trouble too

Last edited by Dangerously; 10-13-2011 at 06:55 AM..
 10-13-2011, 06:59 AM         #102
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Art Barr said:
Irv Gotti

He tells MTV, "S**t like that kinda p**ses me off. You know why? Because let's take Eminem's records. Watch my analogy. Eminem is a great artist, no doubt. He puts words together, he's witty, a smart lyricist, a great lyricist. But how can we say the guy is the best rapper alive? I've been to battles with DMX, Jay-Z and Ja Rule, that was some real s**t. Homie, you wouldn't been able to survive.

"They would laugh him out the f**king building. It would be over."
Okay, but Irv isn't gonna bow to anyone outside of NY. Especially when he was at the heart of the New York scene.
 6 years ago '10        #103
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,537 | Props total: 5869 5869
 A-L-P said:
With the Jay criticism, that's what it seems to boil down to....people just don't like him as a person.

I've actually heard that Jay is pretty cool in person from alot of artist (?uestlove, Kanye, Timbaland, J. Cole, Ananda Lewis, Nas's ex wife Carmen, Yung Chris, Freeway)...and alot of producers like working with him due to his "lack of ego" in the studio. I'm sure the people who speak bad about him were the ones who fell out with him (they all had there most success while being allied with him).....even Dehaven (his rival) said Jay was cool to be around. I'm not saying he probably isn't self centered to an extent but I know people with his "percieved" personality type...economical with words, standoff-ish, observant, slow to warm up to new people (they say the same about Nas).......idk maybe that's what serves him well as a hustler in the streets and in the office....in a way it does seem like some kind of front or defense mechanism due to whatever emotional trauma he may have faced when he was younger.
My sister met him at a Knicks game and said he was really cool. He autographed a napkin for her, LOL. My friend met Jay at a concert in the Meadowlands (Giants Stadium) and he said that he wasn't arrogant or anything. Dude just wanted to chill like everyone else.
 6 years ago '09        #104
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,128 | Props total: 7278 7278
 Karamu said:
what???

Jay is scared of punchline rappers but not an elite lyricist like Jay Electronica

and Slaughterhouse would never get signed with Hov simply because they don't know how to put together great music and will ONLY get props for their bars rather than their songs/albums. If it wasn't for Royce, i doubt Em would even sign these dudes
Joey da don doe but u hate him
 6 years ago '11        #105
blaketrees 
space
space
space
$24 | Props total: 0 0
you got a point
 6 years ago '07        #106
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,385 | Props total: 16057 16057
good points... I mean this is the ceo who was supposed to retire, while shelving other artist and putting out an album..he is a snake indeed
 6 years ago '09        #107
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
 psylence2k said:
What is Jackson known for (positively) besides music ??

What is Jordan known for besides his basketball career and anything a.ssociated with it ?

Did they have successful careers in anything else unrelated? so career wise, can jackson succeed without music ? now tell me can music succeed without jackson ?

can jordan succeed without basketball ?? now tell me can basketball succeed without jordan?
stupidest examples ever....i cannot believe u just said this

jordan making more money as a business man after his NBA career than he EVER did in NBA

Jordan>>>>>>>>>>>>NBA
 6 years ago '10        #108
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,410 | Props total: 2357 2357
 Marvin Hagler said:
becuz Wayne aint considered worthy of bein da Pepsi to Eminem's Coca Cola ya dig... pretty much da same reason that Fif never gits mentioned in juxtaposition to another elite artist or lyricist. fo da most part internet forum hip hop heads dont consider them worthy of it from a lyrical standpoint ya dig

off topic but is a pimp da only n*gga on da planet who wasnt impressed by Renegade Eminem? trill talk wasnt never crazy bout da record, least fav track on Blueprint, both were beneath they standards but to pimpin Jay wuz CLEARLY better and Em wuz kinda corny. jus a side note been trippin off since i was 12 years old
Eminem boddied Jay on that sh*t and millions other people think the same including nas scarface game redman the list goes on. that song made other rappers afrraid of eminem and let people kno em is not to be fu*ked with

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #109
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,385 | Props total: 16057 16057
 Dangerously said:
I can agree with this. Okay, but let's go through this real quick. Em made a name for himself battling, Game made a name for himself dissing. Wayne had his big breakthrough with 500 Degrees which was a diss on Juvenile. All of these dudes made their career off battling, Jay didn't make his career off battling, his career almost ended because of battling.

I just think Jay's made it clear that he's not about that lifestyle anymore because he clearly has more to lose than those who beef with him. It's not manly or adversarial, but Jay could've lost a great deal with that battle with Nas. He's lucky he had a great team of people behind him to move beyond Ether and make business moves to help him cross over.

I can't imagine him trying to battle now. I think he's still a great lyricist and probably one of the best to enter a booth, but I'm okay if Jay never responds to a beef. That's my personal belief.

That being said, if Jay does ever enter a battle, he's gonna drop some nasty shots. Everyone always forgets this:

Ether hurt him, but this is arguably the ugliest diss track in history. Just nasty. Got AI in a lot of trouble too
dope avy
 6 years ago '10        #110
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Dangerously said:

im sorry but wayne and "battling" should not be in the same sentence togehter waynes not a battle rapper nether is game. and i realy think the "REAL" reason jay dosent diss people is becuz he dosent have it in him anymore he dont care about that sh*t hes a bussiness man first and formost family man second and rapper 3rd.
 6 years ago '10        #111
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
 foshomoney said:
I swear em stans be making up d!ck riding whole philosophies

em stans riding em to the universe and beyond
damn fu*kin right but i state facts to back up my claims! :cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '10        #112
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
why do white people in tha burbs always wanna talk about what real hip hop is lol
so just becuz you live somewhere nice your not allowed to talk about hip hop? come on dog.
 6 years ago '06        #113
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
That's what I've been saying for a while now. Em has planted seeds in the hip hop game and has given back to the game. Jay just sells his image/brand.
 10-13-2011, 11:08 AM         #114
TheMob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eminem = Nas = Jay Z
 6 years ago '10        #115
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,853 | Props total: 20813 20813
 FappingFapstar said:
stupidest examples ever....i cannot believe u just said this

jordan making more money as a business man after his NBA career than he EVER did in NBA

Jordan>>>>>>>>>>>>NBA
Nah...that can't be true at all. Jordan can't succeed without basketball. :rolleyes:

*adds in a smiley to show sarcasm*
 6 years ago '07        #116
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 shadydre85 said:
so just becuz you live somewhere nice your not allowed to talk about hip hop? come on dog.
tha problem is when yall try an define and taylor it to fit whateva eminem is doin.

"o,em will do a cypher,jayz wont,em uses 9 sylable words,lil wayne doest"yadda yadda

lets talk about who gets bumped in tha hood,where this sh*t comes from.then lets see who does what

Storchaveli said:
That's what I've been saying for a while now. Em has planted seeds in the hip hop game and has given back to the game. Jay just sells his image/brand.
^^^^^^^^case n point
 6 years ago '04        #117
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,384 | Props total: 6411 6411
 TheMob said:
Eminem = Nas = Jay Z

true but people would never let that happen. never ever
 6 years ago '04        #118
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,384 | Props total: 6411 6411
 r.burgundy said:
tha problem is when yall try an define and taylor it to fit whateva eminem is doin.

"o,em will do a cypher,jayz wont,em uses 9 sylable words,lil wayne doest"yadda yadda

lets talk about who gets bumped in tha hood,where this sh*t comes from.then lets see who does what

^^^^^^^^case n point

then jeezy must be top 10
 6 years ago '07        #119
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 justinjones said:
then jeezy must be top 10
top 10 in atl
 6 years ago '10        #120
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,853 | Props total: 20813 20813
 Storchaveli said:
Did you just start listening to rap when Em came on to the scene because that's just bias beyond belief. Em doesn't sell his image or brand?

He was a fu*king shock value artist for god's sake

Other than the fact that Em can spit with best of them & I do mean the best, he's been a gimmick his whole career. lol he seriously said Em planted seeds in the hip-hop game and has given back to Hip-Hop, while Jay just sells his image

Woww...
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy