Em got the balls to compete unlike jay, thats why hes more respected in the hiphop community

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #61
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20663 20663
 Djkommish6 said:
amd actually Jay-Z would be the Mike Jordan or Rap Mike Jackson of Pop...lol JAY-Z???? come on man...Eminem is battling with Jay but jay overall i think has the top rap spot man...He SPARRED with PAC NAS AND BIG...em didnt even do that...he wins by default either way...lol
Nahhhh he didn't battle Pac...Pac just dissed the sh*t outta him & that was that
 6 years ago '11        #62
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

That probably is what I'm getting at when I say he's bigger than hip-hop. And he is

Micheal Jackson is more than Pop

Micheal Jordan is more than Basketball

Those two are global phenoms. Am I saying Jay is in the same league as those two? No.
So if XXL says it then it must be true huh?

I hate to go here, but I really don't have a choice. Don't hate me too much for takin this route but...

If Pac and Big were around Jay would not be nearly as big as he is. Pac probably would have put his career on life support had the Bad Boy v. deathrow beef kept goin. And in the event that didn't happen, Big wasn't even in his prime yet. Jay at no point in his career has been better than Big.

Jay owes a lot of his respect & status due to the fact that he was cool with Big. How can you say that someone who put you on is now beneath you?

That's not fair to Big at all. & Believe me, I hate taking the speculation route but I feel as firmly about this almost as much as my belief in God...
 6 years ago '09        #63
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 3068 3068
I don't like Jay cept maybe 2 songs, and I don't like Em cept his first 2 albums. But between the two I agree em>jay.
 6 years ago '04        #64
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
 sheedawg said:
One again, props because you bring up some good points.

I'm not missing the point at all, because the main point of this thread is that Jay needs to prove himself, and be more hip hop. My question is why?

Jay-Z signing J.Cole and Jay Electronica isn't enough? A Jay-Z so sign, much like Eminem with Slaughterhouse basically aims at making dudes who te underground been cheering for years, more of name across the board, people like Jay and Em can make dudes like Budden and Electronica more of a household name (I'm not saying they are) because of the power and respect they command.

Eminem is rebuilding a brand, of course he is gonna be all on these cyphers etc. because he knows how much his co signs and appearance means just by a.ssociation to his label mates.

Because Jay's personality is different to Em's that shouldn't be unfairly held against him.

Also on you Kanye point, I disagree with you notion that Jay isn't passionate about the culture, please. Jay been and still is passionate about the culture otherwise he wouldn't be consistently putting out music. Just because it's not as "hip hop" or because Jay doesn't ramble off a bunch of underground artists doesn't mean he isn't in touch with the culture.

As you said, Jay is hustler point blank period, and yes he is egotistical, self centered but to criticize him for the very attitude that got him this far is unfair. Jay has always been about himself and thats just how he is, I'm not mad at him for it because as long as the music is great (which I still think it is) then I have no issues.

I think the reason ppl want him to prove himself because there’s been multiple times in his career when challenges have presented themselves that he’s taken the “easy” way out, and fans feel cheated by that. Artists aint remembered for what they did in the calm but what they conquered in the storm. Only time Jay has ever been to a legitimate war was with Nas but he obviously never knew it would’ve turned out like that. He thought Nas was old and washed up and would be ripe for the picking, and easy k!ll he thought cuz at the time Nas appeared to be having trouble handling Bleek in their subliminal wars. If he even had the slightest idea that Nas had that in him at that point in time he would’ve never dropped Takeover IMO. Dude has Lebron syndrome , u cant ball out and call yourself the best and then when the heat is on in the 4th you choke up.

The reason why ppl think he’s more passionate about preserving his legacy than doing what’s best for the culture is because nobody can really remember the last time Jay-Z did anything “selfless” for any artist or for hip hop. Matter fact he’s always done the opposite even to the point or robbing other artists, even those in his own camp. What has Em done ? He put on D-12 (hot garbage) and Obie, did songs with artists not on his label that were garbage and not even poppin ( Trick Trick , Boo ya Tribe , Sticky Fingaz , etc), he did beats for free for other artists for YEARS, he wanted 50 to have his own label when 50 offered to put all of G-Unit on Shady, he puts on Yela and Slaughter. What did Jay-Z do ?? He damn near k!lled his brother, didn’t show up for JaZ’s video after he put him on, he kicked Joe Budden off the Roc the Mic Tour after their back and forth, he used the Young Gunz for promotion on his tour and kept 80k show money and gave them $900 a piece when they had the bigger buzz, all the shyt he did to beans including not letting him go and eat very good at G-Unit when he knew he didn’t have any plans for him , he kicked the Dips off the Roc-A-Fella tour because they had a bigger buzz than he did at the time , he tried everything to block Kanye from becoming a solo artist, he watched Dame’s life crumble and spit on him with subliminal shots, and instead of coming in with artists on the ground floor and helping them build buzz, he waits until they have a #1 hit and jumps on their shyt to blow himself up.

If all this doesn’t point out that he simply is just “using” the culture for his own gain then I really don’t understand where you’re getting your perspective from. Dude is just take, take , take , take with no give, and whenever he feels threatened due to his insecurity and need to ALWAYS be on top he wont think twice about stepping on a few of his own to stay on top. Of course I’ve said already lyrically he’s that dude. Nobody is questioning his music, but at the same time when you compare him to other legends and the debate gets neck and neck and you have to go to the intangibles then Jay loses points there for underachieving and ducking and dodging adversity his whole career. Do you love hip hop? I don’t know how anyone who does can know that someone’s mind state is not “ What can I do for Hip hop” but solely “ What can hip hop do for me “ ?? Yea he’s given you good music but that’s only because you’ve lined his pockets, he doesn’t constantly put out music because he’s passionate if so then the music would actually be a lil better. He only puts out music at this point because he understands that he needs his reputation as “Jay-Z” the rapper “ to fuel the marketability of his brand which keeps all his other businesses profitable. It’s a business thing, why do you think he’s the only nets owner that gets interviewed when he only owns like 2% of the team? It’s because he’s a musician/celebrity/ beyonce’s husband. He needs the music to keep his name out there. It’s clear as day, I dunno why you cant see this.
 10-12-2011, 10:56 PM         #65
yeugkk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

[pic - click to view]

Eminem is a white rapper on the most powerful music label to date.......has more number one hits on Billboard....

jay got his first and ONLY number one hit on billboard with Empire State of Mind (we off counting features)...which was off BP3...like 2 years ago. eleven albums and only one number one hit...

eminem has truly transcended hip hop....jay just got hella rich

jay knows how to play his cards but eminem is a bigger face of hip hop to date

u rocnation astroturfin a.ss n*gga
 6 years ago '05        #66
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Marvin Hagler said:
becuz Wayne aint considered worthy of bein da Pepsi to Eminem's Coca Cola ya dig... pretty much da same reason that Fif never gits mentioned in juxtaposition to another elite artist or lyricist. fo da most part internet forum hip hop heads dont consider them worthy of it from a lyrical standpoint ya dig

off topic but is a pimp da only n*gga on da planet who wasnt impressed by Renegade Eminem? trill talk wasnt never crazy bout da record, least fav track on Blueprint, both were beneath they standards but to pimpin Jay wuz CLEARLY better and Em wuz kinda corny. jus a side note been trippin off since i was 12 years old
Yeah I know where your coming from, but thats my exact point. Jay is seen as THAT n*gga the, the standard for success at the highest level in the rap game, it's why I said you don't see legitimate contenders for the top spot going at him, because they don't see a problem with where he is, because they all understand what he's about.

Its the broke rappers fans that complain because Jay doesn't pay their favourite underground rapper no attention. That's all it is, attention seeking from the guy at the top, but since he aint giving you that, he must be a complete and utter as*hole

And no, your not the only person who think's Eminem on Renegade was lightweight corny, I mean from a pure lyricism standpoint I will always give Eminem his due, because apart from a select few (Nas, to an extent Black Thought), he is pretty much peerless in the ability to strictly make works rhyme together. To me thats why people always think Eminem is better than Jay, or that Jay is a simple rapper, when it's just that Eminem raps a with simple complexity, that is, everything sounds complex but when you really look at it, its not overly that great IMO (Im talking about Renegade here, before Em stan's forget about why their tea has gone cold and catch feelings), and Jay raps with a complex simplicity, where he makes it sound so easy and that he aint saying much, but when you look at what he;s saying then you realise it was more than you initially thought. Jay's rhymes are a lot more layered than Eminem's, and Renegade is a perfect example of this.
 6 years ago '05        #67
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 yeugkk said:
Eminem is a white rapper on the most powerful music label to date.......has more number one hits on Billboard....

jay got his first and ONLY number one hit on billboard with Empire State of Mind (we off counting features)...which was off BP3...like 2 years ago. eleven albums and only one number one hit...

eminem has truly transcended hip hop....jay just got hella rich

jay knows how to play his cards but eminem is a bigger face of hip hop to date

u rocnation astroturfin a.ss n*gga
Albums > Singles. I like how you forget to mention that Jay is has the second highest number of number 1 albums in music HISTORY, behind only The Beatles yet you wanna tell me that Eminem has truly transcended hip hop. Who's Eminem doing collabs with that are transcending the genre? Jay is touring with U2 and Coldplay and headlining Glastonbury and you wanna speak of transcending the culture. fu*k outta here.
 6 years ago '04        #68
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

That probably is what I'm getting at when I say he's bigger than hip-hop. And he is

Micheal Jackson is more than Pop

Micheal Jordan is more than Basketball

Those two are global phenoms. Am I saying Jay is in the same league as those two? No.

None of those ppl are "bigger" than their respective cultures because the second they stop doing those things their popularity stops.

Ppl that are "bigger" than the culture that made them are ppl who end up becoming "bigger" in other areas that they pursue.

You can't be bigger than something when it's your main meal ticket and the reason why you have other sources of revenue in the first place.

There's very very very few public figures who can claim they are "bigger" than what they originally got their name in.
 6 years ago '11        #69
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 psylence2k said:
None of those ppl are "bigger" than their respective cultures because the second they stop doing those things their popularity stops.

Ppl that are "bigger" than the culture that made them are ppl who end up becoming "bigger" in other areas that they pursue.

You can't be bigger than something when it's your main meal ticket and the reason why you have other sources of revenue in the first place.

There's very very very few public figures who can claim they are "bigger" than what they originally got their name in.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to psylence2k again.

10-12-2011, 11:04 PM         #70
yeugkk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 vickfan said:
real talk fu*k you

you're not a hip hop fan if you don't think jays verses were thought provoking

goddamn stans
to be fair.......eminem's verses were soooo outshining, its not even really possible for me to even compare em...eminem's first verse gets me soooo fu*kin hyped, i dont think u guys really get what he did in that verse

thats dat real RAP, and it got them contentz

i just think yall hate white people
 6 years ago '10        #71
space
space
 Fade said:
So if XXL says it then it must be true huh?

I hate to go here, but I really don't have a choice. Don't hate me too much for takin this route but...

If Pac and Big were around Jay would not be nearly as big as he is. Pac probably would have put his career on life support had the Bad Boy v. deathrow beef kept goin. And in the event that didn't happen, Big wasn't even in his prime yet. Jay at no point in his career has been better than Big.

Jay owes a lot of his respect & status due to the fact that he was cool with Big. How can you say that someone who put you on is now beneath you?

That's not fair to Big at all. & Believe me, I hate taking the speculation route but I feel as firmly about this almost as much as my belief in God...
No, no, nooooo homie

I'm not saying because XXL says it, I'm just showing you a comment somebody left that reflects on where I stand on it, that's all.

And to be honest we don't really know what would've happened. We still don't know the relationship with Jay & Big and the reason I bring that up is that a lot of things people criticize Jay for (taking his lines, saying he's better than him), Big could've given him the green light to say yo do you.

I'm sure Jay owes a lot to Big & he always pays his respect to Big as much does Puffy, but let's not make it like Biggie was his father or his uncle or something. They were grown men & real good friends who tried to push each other to become better that's all. At the end of the day we're speaking in a bunch of hypotheticals because both Big & Pac are dead. Maybe Jay would've never gotten to this level, maybe he would've really retired after his first album, maybe, maybe not. We don't know, but Jay, and I know you're gonna hate me for saying this lol, Jay right now is at a higher place than Big is, I'm sorry.

When you take in death, the quality of albums, the number of albums, the impact left on hip-hop, the longevity of the careers, Jay has to be the greatest to ever do it

psylence2k said:

MJ & MJ aren't bigger than their respective genres? lol wow that's crazy...

iite well, we gonna have to highly agree to disagree because that I just can't agree with.

Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 10-12-2011 at 11:12 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #72
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I think the reason ppl want him to prove himself because there’s been multiple times in his career when challenges have presented themselves that he’s taken the “easy” way out, and fans feel cheated by that. Artists aint remembered for what they did in the calm but what they conquered in the storm. Only time Jay has ever been to a legitimate war was with Nas but he obviously never knew it would’ve turned out like that. He thought Nas was old and washed up and would be ripe for the picking, and easy k!ll he thought cuz at the time Nas appeared to be having trouble handling Bleek in their subliminal wars. If he even had the slightest idea that Nas had that in him at that point in time he would’ve never dropped Takeover IMO. Dude has Lebron syndrome , u cant ball out and call yourself the best and then when the heat is on in the 4th you choke up.

The reason why ppl think he’s more passionate about preserving his legacy than doing what’s best for the culture is because nobody can really remember the last time Jay-Z did anything “selfless” for any artist or for hip hop. Matter fact he’s always done the opposite even to the point or robbing other artists, even those in his own camp. What has Em done ? He put on D-12 (hot garbage) and Obie, did songs with artists not on his label that were garbage and not even poppin ( Trick Trick , Boo ya Tribe , Sticky Fingaz , etc), he did beats for free for other artists for YEARS, he wanted 50 to have his own label when 50 offered to put all of G-Unit on Shady, he puts on Yela and Slaughter. What did Jay-Z do ?? He damn near k!lled his brother, didn’t show up for JaZ’s video after he put him on, he kicked Joe Budden off the Roc the Mic Tour after their back and forth, he used the Young Gunz for promotion on his tour and kept 80k show money and gave them $900 a piece when they had the bigger buzz, all the shyt he did to beans including not letting him go and eat very good at G-Unit when he knew he didn’t have any plans for him , he kicked the Dips off the Roc-A-Fella tour because they had a bigger buzz than he did at the time , he tried everything to block Kanye from becoming a solo artist, he watched Dame’s life crumble and spit on him with subliminal shots, and instead of coming in with artists on the ground floor and helping them build buzz, he waits until they have a #1 hit and jumps on their shyt to blow himself up.

If all this doesn’t point out that he simply is just “using” the culture for his own gain then I really don’t understand where you’re getting your perspective from. Dude is just take, take , take , take with no give, and whenever he feels threatened due to his insecurity and need to ALWAYS be on top he wont think twice about stepping on a few of his own to stay on top. Of course I’ve said already lyrically he’s that dude. Nobody is questioning his music, but at the same time when you compare him to other legends and the debate gets neck and neck and you have to go to the intangibles then Jay loses points there for underachieving and ducking and dodging adversity his whole career. Do you love hip hop? I don’t know how anyone who does can know that someone’s mind state is not “ What can I do for Hip hop” but solely “ What can hip hop do for me “ ?? Yea he’s given you good music but that’s only because you’ve lined his pockets, he doesn’t constantly put out music because he’s passionate if so then the music would actually be a lil better. He only puts out music at this point because he understands that he needs his reputation as “Jay-Z” the rapper “ to fuel the marketability of his brand which keeps all his other businesses profitable. It’s a business thing, why do you think he’s the only nets owner that gets interviewed when he only owns like 2% of the team? It’s because he’s a musician/celebrity/ beyonce’s husband. He needs the music to keep his name out there. It’s clear as day, I dunno why you cant see this.
Appreciate the response, but my point is that why are people mad at Jay-Z for doing whats best for him? You bring up what Eminem did for artists but never what Jay did for the likes of Drake, Jeezy, Bleek, The whole Hard Knock Life tour, Kanye, Just Blaze etc. It's like ya'll l want him to be some sort of charity man and give back, when he is is own man?

Lets not kid ourselves with the whole Yelawolf / Slaughterhouse situation, Em is re building his label and needed artists and yes, he does have a genuine love for the game, I have never questioned this at all, but it;s still a business move, especially with Yela. How is what Eminem doing ANY different to what Jay is doing at ROC Nation with J.Cole and Jay Electronica? The only difference is that Jay doesn't openly come out and do stuff publicly with his artists cause he has ALWAYS let the music speak first.

I really don't know why people are mad at Jay for dodging situations, its like you can;t learn from your mistakes (Ether) because thats not "hip hop". fu*k hip hop, Jay-Z still has a life and what would beefing at 40, with a kid on the way say to the public?
 6 years ago '11        #73
Chase D 59 heat pts59
space
space
$1,221 | Props total: 72 72
Em is a rapper first then anything. A real rapper would jump in a cypher everytime he gets a chance because he just loves the sport. Jay on the other hand is a BUSINESS MAN first. People need to get it through there heads that if their is no financial gain in it, Jay will not do it plain and simple. And there is nutin to gain from answering back to these youngins throwing shots or getting into cyphers with pretty much a bunch of unknowns. He has more to lose then gain in those situations.
 6 years ago '04        #74
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

MJ & MJ aren't bigger than their respective genres? lol wow that's crazy...

iite well, we gonna have to highly agree to disagree because that I just can't agree with.

What is Jackson known for (positively) besides music ??

What is Jordan known for besides his basketball career and anything a.ssociated with it ?

Did they have successful careers in anything else unrelated? so career wise, can jackson succeed without music ? now tell me can music succeed without jackson ?

can jordan succeed without basketball ?? now tell me can basketball succeed without jordan?
 6 years ago '04        #75
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 sheedawg said:
Appreciate the response, but my point is that why are people mad at Jay-Z for doing whats best for him? You bring up what Eminem did for artists but never what Jay did for the likes of Drake, Jeezy, Bleek, The whole Hard Knock Life tour, Kanye, Just Blaze etc. It's like ya'll l want him to be some sort of charity man and give back, when he is is own man?

Lets not kid ourselves with the whole Yelawolf / Slaughterhouse situation, Em is re building his label and needed artists and yes, he does have a genuine love for the game, I have never questioned this at all, but it;s still a business move, especially with Yela. How is what Eminem doing ANY different to what Jay is doing at ROC Nation with J.Cole and Jay Electronica? The only difference is that Jay doesn't openly come out and do stuff publicly with his artists cause he has ALWAYS let the music speak first.

I really don't know why people are mad at Jay for dodging situations, its like you can;t learn from your mistakes (Ether) because thats not "hip hop". fu*k hip hop, Jay-Z still has a life and what would beefing at 40, with a kid on the way say to the public?

Why are ppl mad that Jay-Z is doing what's best for him ? because he's stepping/using others to do it.

Why are the ppl occupying wallstreet right now mad at the corporations for doing what's best for them ???
 6 years ago '11        #76
hayday12 85 heat pts85
space
space
$2,521 | Props total: 764 764
 psylence2k said:
Why are ppl mad that Jay-Z is doing what's best for him ? because he's stepping/using others to do it.

Why are the ppl occupying wallstreet right now mad at the corporations for doing what's best for them ???
Please explain that.
 10-12-2011, 11:36 PM         #77
tj.iscool  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DiplomatMagic said:
you do got a point

but jay > em

they both in top 3 tho

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #78
space
space
 psylence2k said:
What is Jackson known for (positively) besides music ??

What is Jordan known for besides his basketball career and anything a.ssociated with it ?

Did they have successful careers in anything else unrelated? so career wise, can jackson succeed without music ? now tell me can music succeed without jackson ?

can jordan succeed without basketball ?? now tell me can basketball succeed without jordan?
Of course both artists are known for what they've done in the careers. I'm pretty sure everybody knows that but what I'm saying is that they're bigger than that. My whole thing is that when you're not bigger than hip-hop you're a star, but you're not a global icon to the extent of MJ.

You ask if Jackson or Jordan can succeed without music or basketball, hell to the yes. Why wouldn't they succeed if they're bigger than it? Micheal Jackson is the most blatant example where he was loved EVERYWHERE & thought as of a literal king. We're talking Africa, Malaysia, Russia, China, Vietnam, etc. If I won 12 oscars for best actor you really think I wouldn't be bigger than acting? I'm the motherfu*king king of the world. sh*t everybody would know who the hell I am, King Kong wouldn't have sh*t, caca or p!ss on me.

Because of their successes on the basketball court and in the studio it's given them opportunities that even Jay-Z couldn't get. Jay being a minority owner for the Nets, if they were a better team I guarantee you he would get more opportunities business wise. sh*t look at Magic Johnson, look at Kevin Johnson. Last I remembered Kevin Johnson was the first african american mayor in Sacramento.
 6 years ago '04        #79
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 hayday12 said:
Please explain that.
if you read my posts, most of it is already in there but
he uses Jaz to get on, can't even do a video for him when he gets on
he wants to jump on hits ( oh boy, hustling, pump it up, go crazy, etc) AFTER they get big but refuses to work with alot of those same artists before that.
for a large portion of his career , especially in the beginning he's always needed artists to carry his songs commercially ( can't knock the hustle, aint no ni66a , sunshine, city is mine, hard knock life ( if u want to count annie's vocals) , can I get a ,................, new york state of mind)
we know he let Dame and biggs handle all the business at the Roc, he benefited greatly from their hard work.
he admitted to signing Kanye to keep his production in house but didn't want him to rap
takes Young gunz on tour since they have the number 1 rap hit in the country and grammy nominations but yet he only pays them $900 out of 80k + per show.
He lets Beans do his dirty work, then lets him rot, maybe that's not wrong but then keeps him under contract at the Roc knowing he aint planning to do shyt with him

basically what I'm saying is his whole career he's been good at using ppl as "stepping stones" but is the quickest to turn around and leave when they need a.ssistance, he's great at asking for favors but sucks at returning them, like I said if you follow the corporate minded "do what's best for you , even if u step on ppl" then I can't really say it's right or wrong.

thinkfly69 said:
Michael Jackson did pop got number 1 hits
Did Rock wit Dirty Diana and Beat It got number 1 hit
Did R&B got number 1 hits again......
like I said , what did MJ ever do big outside of music ???

Agentzer0oo0 said:
Of course both artists are known for what they've done in the careers. I'm pretty sure everybody knows that but what I'm saying is that they're bigger than that. My whole thing is that when you're not bigger than hip-hop you're a star, but you're not a global icon to the extent of MJ.

You ask if Jackson or Jordan can succeed without music or basketball, hell to the yes. Why wouldn't they succeed if they're bigger than it? Micheal Jackson is the most blatant example where he was loved EVERYWHERE & thought as of a literal king. We're talking Africa, Malaysia, Russia, China, Vietnam, etc. If I won 12 oscars for best actor you really think I wouldn't be bigger than acting? I'm the motherfu*king king of the world. sh*t everybody would know who the hell I am, King Kong wouldn't have sh*t, caca or p!ss on me.

Because of their successes on the basketball court and in the studio it's given them opportunities that even Jay-Z couldn't get. Jay being a minority owner for the Nets, if they were a better team I guarantee you he would get more opportunities business wise. sh*t look at Magic Johnson, look at Kevin Johnson. Last I remembered Kevin Johnson was the first african american mayor in Sacramento.

so then what did MJ do big outside of music ??

what did jordan do big outside the business of basketball and the sports apparel that came with it ??

Yea Michael Jackson was a king everywhere because of what ? MUSIC, they didn't know him for anything else, was he renowned athlete? actor ? scientist ? what else did he do OUTSIDE of music that was so successful ??? How can you be bigger than something when all your success is within that industry ?? You said Michael could succeed without music ?? Would ppl pay good money to watch him play basketball ?? or act ?? or do anything else?? did he prove to us that he could do anything else great outside of the music industry ?? that he could have even half as big of a career doing anything unrelated ??
 10-13-2011, 12:21 AM         #80
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pass the Blunt said:
Em is just a different kind of person.

I aint hating on Jay, he's one of the best to do it, in my opinion.

But do you really REALLY think Jay would sign 5 really lyrical cats to his label? Naw, no way. He's got J.Cole and all Cole was able to get is one verse and hard bubble gum.
Jay Electronica is 5 times more lyrical than Slaughterhouse put together b
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy