Em got the balls to compete unlike jay, thats why hes more respected in the hiphop community

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
133 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-12-2011, 08:12 PM         #21
yeugkk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
This reminds me of Nas stans in a way. They say Jay's not the best cuz he's not keeping it real & he sold out.

Let me break it down to you. Jay-Z is bigger than Hip-Hop & he's bigger than some petty EBT hip-hop awards show. There's a reason why you see Jay at the VMA's performing. There's a reason why Jay has been at the VMA's two out of three years (09 & '11). Em was there to promote his group this year. Anything after that good for him . I've heard enough freestyles from Hov in my lifetime for me to not care in the slightest if he never decides to another freestyle. The same with Em, I've heard his Westwood, his Rap City's, his radio freestyles, his early freestyles with proof, his skribble battling days. I'm good.

And it's not an ego thing, it's the fact that why should he do? Honestly why?

That's like Micheal Jordan coming to the a allstar game every year hogging all the spotlight. You're taking away from the young dudes & taking away their shine. First it was Hov should retire, let the young dudes in, now it's his ego & why isn't he spitting at freestyles? Make your goddamn mind up. And why isn't Nas getting sh*t thrown at him? You say he's the same way when he hasn't done a cypher once

Ungrateful motherfu*kers I swear...and I'm not gonna even start on how he's he proved that he's "real hip-hop".

all the paragraphs in the world won't validate ur bullsh*t
 6 years ago '09        #22
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

Jay-Z is bigger than Hip-Hop
Explain why? because he is married to that singer with a cushion up her dress? no rapper is bigger than hip hip and its pure ignorance if any rapper thinks they are
 6 years ago '10        #23
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21119 21119
 yeugkk said:
all the paragraphs in the world won't validate ur bullsh*t
Prove how I'm wrong.

ShadyVsEminem said:
Explain why? because he is married to that singer with a cushion up her dress? no rapper is bigger than hip hip and its pure ignorance if any rapper thinks they are
If I have to explain why Jay-Z is bigger than hip-hop then you should pay attention a little more closely to rap. @ Beyonce having anything to do with this.
 6 years ago '09        #24
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,170 | Props total: 7346 7346
 ShadyVsEminem said:
 6 years ago '10        #25
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,777 | Props total: 969 969
 10-12-2011, 08:18 PM         #26
tonyk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
hooray?
 6 years ago '09        #27
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
If I have to explain why Jay-Z is bigger than hip-hop
Please do, if its because he has businesses outside of hip hop people like 50, Diddy, Dr Dre etc would be aswell and they are not....not even in the slightest

What does he have a few clubs and a minute share in a basketball team? is that what makes him bigger?

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 10-12-2011 at 08:23 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #28
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,541 | Props total: 5872 5872
Who hasn't Jay done a song with? This dude has been on songs with some cats that can spit Big Daddy Kane, Nas, BIG, Em, The LOX, DMX, Scarface, Rakim, Big L, etc. sh*t.. most of the people he's collab'd with were raw as fu*k. In my opinion.. most of Em's collabs have been pretty safe. He's never really out of his element.

As far as the cypher thing goes... if that's not someone's thing that's just not their thing. I rap myself (for fun) and when I freestyle... I actually rap off the top of my head. I don't expect everyone else to because everyone's not the same. Some cats are more comfortable spittin' writtens. * back on topic * Jay is probably at a point in his life and career where he's just more concerned with making albums and performing in big venues. He also seems like he has a million and one things going on. You also have to keep in mind that Em being there wasn't just about Em. It was to introduce/promote Shady 2.0 and Em happened to spit as well (did a good job).
 10-12-2011, 08:26 PM         #29
SOD RG  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '10        #30
space
space
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Please do, if its because he has businesses outside of hip hop people like 50, Diddy, Dr Dre etc would be aswell and they are not....not even in the slightest
That's the second thing you've said that has nothing to do with this. Business is business. Hip-Hop is Hip-Hop. When Jay has anything to say, anything at all, people pay attention to it and you know I'm not lying with that.

Heads turn, TV's light up, news headlines everywhere. His music is timeless & speaks for itself. He doesn't have to make music for the rest of his life & know that his albums are set. You don't make American Gangster, Blueprint, Reasonable Doubt, The Dynasty, Watch The Throne for people not to pay attention. You don't have lunch with Mandela, Warren Buffet to be stuck within hip-hop. If you want a better example go back in time to when he retired after The Black Album.

That right there shows you where he is in Hip-Hop.

Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 10-12-2011 at 08:37 PM..
 10-12-2011, 08:38 PM         #31
yeugkk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
This reminds me of Nas stans in a way. They say Jay's not the best cuz he's not keeping it real & he sold out.

Let me break it down to you. Jay-Z is bigger than Hip-Hop & he's bigger than some petty EBT hip-hop awards show. There's a reason why you see Jay at the VMA's performing. There's a reason why Jay has been at the VMA's two out of three years (09 & '11). Em was there to promote his group this year. Anything after that good for him . I've heard enough freestyles from Hov in my lifetime for me to not care in the slightest if he never decides to another freestyle. The same with Em, I've heard his Westwood, his Rap City's, his radio freestyles, his early freestyles with proof, his skribble battling days. I'm good.

And it's not an ego thing, it's the fact that why should he do? Honestly why?

That's like Micheal Jordan coming to the allstar game every year hogging all the spotlight. You're taking away from the young dudes & taking away their shine. First it was Hov should retire, let the young dudes in, now it's his ego & why isn't he spitting at freestyles? Make your goddamn mind up. And why isn't Nas getting sh*t thrown at him? You say he's the same way when he hasn't done a cypher once

Ungrateful motherfu*kers I swear...and I'm not gonna even start on how he's he proved that he's "real hip-hop".
jay makes amazing calculated moves

basketball metaphors suck for rappers

but at the end of the day, eminem has sold more than jay (numbers dont lie, right?) and eminem has outshined jay on both of the songs that they were both on (renegade and syllables)
 6 years ago '10        #32
freshprinceoba 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,318 | Props total: 13 13

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #33
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
That's the second thing you've said that has nothing to do with this. Business is business. Hip-Hop is Hip-Hop. When Jay has anything to say, anything at all, people pay attention to it and you know I'm not lying with that.

Heads turn, TV's light up, news headlines everywhere. His music is timeless & speaks for itself. He doesn't have to make music for the rest of his life & know that his albums are set. You don't make American Gangster, Blueprint, Reasonable Doubt, The Dynasty, Watch The Throne for people not to pay attention. You don't have lunch with Mandela, Warren Buffet to be stuck within hip-hop. If you want a better example go back in time to when he retired after The Black Album.

That right there shows you where he is in Hip-Hop.
Bollocks sucking up to people like Oprah and Forbes doesnt make you bigger, it means you are trying to distance yourself from it. To think someone who is not the biggest rapper is bigger than rap as a whole is a load of sh*te

Theres a saying in football that no one player is bigger than the club and it applies even more for an entire music genre

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 10-12-2011 at 08:47 PM..
 10-12-2011, 08:47 PM         #34
rafi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you can pretty much substitute nas in the argument the OP is making, so does that make him less respected than eminem?
 6 years ago '06        #35
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
i sorta agree..em was always more competitive than jay
 6 years ago '04        #36
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,698 | Props total: 15522 15522
Eminem already murked Jigga on his own track
 6 years ago '10        #37
space
space
 yeugkk said:
jay makes amazing calculated moves

basketball metaphors suck for rappers

but at the end of the day, eminem has sold more than jay (numbers dont lie, right?) and eminem has outshined jay on both of the songs that they were both on (renegade and syllables)

Em has sold more than Jay, whose the bigger rapper out of those two?

Em has sold more than Pac whose the bigger rapper out of those two?

My case is rested with that.

Em had a more earcatching verse, Jay had a more thought-provoking verse on Renegade.

Syllables? You're reaching like a mother if you think he out-shined him on that. They both had good verses.

ShadyVsEminem said:
Bollocks sucking up to people like Oprah and Forbes doesnt make you bigger, it means you are trying to distance yourself from it. To think someone who is not the biggest rapper is bigger than rap as a whole is a load of sh*te

Theres a saying in football that no one player is bigger than the club and it applies even more for an entire music genre
How..what....why..

*sigh*

Ok shady, you're right. I'm sorry bro, you're right.
 6 years ago '09        #38
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

Ok shady, you're right.
Im know i am, he can go have tea and strumpets with Warren buffet all he wants it doesnt change anything
 6 years ago '04        #39
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,698 | Props total: 15522 15522
 iPod160 said:
Jay paid dues already. He feels he dont have to do that anymore. is he wrong? whose to say..he does him, and its working for him.

get off that man d!ck
jay paid his dues but so did eminem.. minem still doing cyphers in 2011
 10-12-2011, 09:14 PM         #40
Rhyme n Tekniq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jays been using the "too big to respond" schtick as cop-out to hide the fact that he's hesitant to suffer another blow like he did with ether. Not that im trying to beat a dead horse with him and nas beef but anyone denying that ether didnt put a huge dent in his swagger is a fu*kin fool. Also if you go back in check the patterns in his beef, you'll see he's notorious for attacking his competition when they are at a lowpoint or when he feels absolutely sure he's safe.

He went at 50 when dude was blackballed from the industry and struggling to get his music heard....few years later, 50 became THAT n*gga and all that bravado Jay had disappeared
Now that 50 cent and jay are at the same level generally speaking, Jay aint really tryna go there

He went at Jim Jones and Cam after they lost buzz, Had this been during Dipsets prime, Jay would have been cooling it, Not because he fears being lyrically bodied but because he doesnt want to lose that popularity contest. With any one, had a highly publicized beef popped off between them, Jay would have gotten the same treatment Canibus did going up against LL despite being lyrically superior

He went at Nas when his career seemed to be on life support and was going through the drama with his dying mother. Jay felt on top of the world during this time period and thought this would be an opportune time to go for an easy finish seeing that he had greater influence than Nas. Nas came outta left field with ether and floored Jay. Every since then Jays been real careful about who he comes at moreso than he was before.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy