[The Tens] The 10 Major Fails At The 2011 BET Hip Hop Awards

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
61 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-12-2011, 11:49 AM         #1
7760 pageviews
83 comments

s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[The Tens] The 10 Major Fails At The 2011 BET Hip Hop Awards

[pic - click to view]

Another year, another BET Hip Hop Awards. Which means that there’s another reason to diss BET. It’s not like any of us need a real reason, but it’s always a blast to watch the banter on social media explode. Alas, the awards were full of moments that had us shaking our heads. Sure, the cyphers were good for the most part, but outside of that the show was pretty lame. So we decided to pull together ten of the biggest fails at the 2011 BET Hip Hop Awards. Enjoy!

1.Who Keeps Inviting El Debarge?
Didn’t he have his second chance already? Why does he keep coming back? He must have bought stock in BET with his drug music money. Or maybe BET bought him. Hmmmm….

2.The Crowd’s Non-Response To Lupe Fiasco’s “Words I Never Said".
Lupe Fiasco rocks arguably one of the most socially conscious singles of the past few years on stage with a live band and Erykah Badu singing the hook while rocking an OccupyWallStreet and everybody looks at him like he’s shot their dog? Oh yeah, this is BET we’re talking about.

3.No Instrumentals?
Apparently, in the year 2011 there is no way to find songs without the vocals already recorded. That’s a preposterous idea. So it makes sense that every performance featured low microphones and extremely loud previously recorded vocals. Right?

4.Rick Ross’ Silk Shirts
There are a bunch of women that Rick Ross has grunted upon who are missing their 1000 thread silk sheets. Now you know where they are.

5.No Star Power
No Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Chris Brown or Jay-Z? I guess they were too busy for your little award show. I’m sure they had better things to do like bake some cookies.

6.Chris Brown’s Cypher Had No Business On The Awards
We can debate who had the best cypher (Shady!). But there’s absolutely no question who had the worst. By the way, what was Ace Hood doing in that cypher and who the hell keeps inviting him to the BET Hip Hop Awards? Does he come as a package deal with DJ Khaled?

7.Convict Music (For Real)
Was the BET Hip Hop Awards part of a probation program? Seeing DMX, T.I. and Da Brat all in the same building surely makes us think so.

8.For An Awards Show, Where The Hell Were All Of The Awards?
So…it’s an award show right? Can you name how many awards were given away? How do you not give away the biggest awards of the night (Best Album, MVP, Producer, etc) on air? Oh yeah, because nobody cares.

9.Tyrese’s Twitter T-Shirt
Dude, you’re Twitter handle is your name. Your name is Tyrese. Was it really necessary to wear a t-shirt promoting your twitter page? Do you want to continue to verbally flog us with preachy motivational tweets? No thanks sir.

10.No Mention Of Troy Davis
It’s not the BET Hip Hop Awards responsibility to speak on the social injustices across the globe but maybe somebody could have said something about Troy Davis and capital punishment in the United States. It was such a hot topic a few weeks ago but apparently everyone went back to their brainwashed lives and forgot all about what happened. Oh well, can’t expect rappers to be anything but rappers. Right?

[pic - click to view]

[The Tens] The Major Fails At The 2011 BET Hip Hop Awards | The Well Versed

83 comments for "[The Tens] The 10 Major Fails At The 2011 BET Hip Hop Awards"

10-12-2011, 11:52 AM         #2
TheMob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo, whoever wrote that article should be shot dead.
 10-12-2011, 11:55 AM         #3
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is why I don't watch award shows, only an ounce of dopeness outta a whole ki.
 6 years ago '04        #4
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,366 | Props total: 6377 6377
 TheMob said:
Yo, whoever wrote that article should be shot dead.
this,

too short said something about troy davis didn't he?
chris brown sh!t wasn't as bad as some others who are actually rappers
t.i,dmx,and da brat can't show up because they got out of jail?
tyrese and rick ross shirts is just some petty sh!t

lupe sh!t look like a rock show. what he thought was gonna happen

Last edited by justinjones; 10-12-2011 at 12:11 PM..
 10-12-2011, 11:59 AM         #5
ass_in_my_eyes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
list is 10000% correct...
 6 years ago '09        #6
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,658 | Props total: 13136 13136
Bet awards been sucking since 05
 6 years ago '04        #7
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
What about the grand finale with Heavy D? C'mon, who's really checkin him? It would've been dope to see Nas close the show out and it would've hyped up his next album
 6 years ago '07        #8
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,384 | Props total: 16019 16019
I aint watch...but sounds like the lupe statement was correct... sad that people care more about dumb isht than real isht
 10-12-2011, 12:08 PM         #9
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blazze One said:
What about the grand finale with Heavy D? C'mon, who's really checkin him? It would've been dope to see Nas close the show out and it would've hyped up his next album
Yeah, I like Heavy D. But this isn't the 90's, he isn't fat, and has nothing coming out so what was the point ? They should of closed the show with a surprise appearance by The Roots to hype up there next cd which is coming out.
 10-12-2011, 12:09 PM         #10
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The show was pretty good, it gave you what you wanted which was rap music......too many cyphers, perhaps the first and last "freestyle" from Busta Rhymes you will ever here...........Lady of Rage, Heavy D, Ludacris.....It seems like people just want a reason to further discredit black people.........yet they watched the show just to say some bullsh*t about how black people stay on some "****" sh*t...........what ever man
 10-12-2011, 12:12 PM         #11
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
The show was pretty good, it gave you what you wanted which was rap music......too many cyphers, perhaps the first and last "freestyle" from Busta Rhymes you will ever here...........Lady of Rage, Heavy D, Ludacris.....It seems like people just want a reason to further discredit black people.........yet they watched the show just to say some bullsh*t about how black people stay on some "****" sh*t...........what ever man
You from BET ? sound like a BET pitch man to me.
 6 years ago '07        #12
Dat_BK_Nicca 49 heat pts49
space
space
$8,210 | Props total: 790 790
 Kontrast0 said:
Bet awards been sucking since 05
It was the hiphop awards
 10-12-2011, 12:56 PM         #13
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Currency99 said:
luda's cypher was a fail to me ... i expected him to come the hardest no homillz
Shady2.0 and MMG came the hardest, why they put Kendrick and K.R.I.T. in with those others ?
 10-12-2011, 01:11 PM         #14
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who'd y'all think Yelawolf stood next to the others' in the Shady cypher ?
 6 years ago '04        #15
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
 s7venwords said:
Yeah, I like Heavy D. But this isn't the 90's, he isn't fat, and has nothing coming out so what was the point ? They should of closed the show with a surprise appearance by The Roots to hype up there next cd which is coming out.
Yea it was pointless. I doubt the teenie boopers watchin the show even knew who that was
 10-12-2011, 01:27 PM         #16
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #17
Superstar 
space
space
$2,266 | Props total: 120 120
yea too short did say somethin bout troy davis
 10-12-2011, 01:40 PM         #18
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Superstar said:
yea too short did say somethin bout troy davis
Good for him, would've been nice if they a did a tribute to him ( Davis ).
 10-12-2011, 02:06 PM         #19
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thinkfly69 said:
n*gga you're high off shrooms

IF Wayne and Drake performed She Will and Kanye and Jay performed n*ggas in Paris they woulda both easily had the best performances of the night
Hate to admit it,but that is what sells.
 10-12-2011, 02:40 PM         #20
StayBlazin1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hip pop is in a BAD state right now
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
53 comments
1 day ago