Nexus Prime.... Official Info Only

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #801
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 fat_boyy21 said:
bingo... google's the full of 'nice' people to a fault. they could easily out perform apple but they dont have that k!ller instinct
thats going to be their undoing, the G nexus release was a nightmare at best
 6 years ago '08        #802
King Jackson 86 heat pts86
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 2083 2083
 fat_boyy21 said:
bingo... google's the full of 'nice' people to a fault. they could easily out perform apple but they dont have that k!ller instinct
I don't think they need that 'killer instinct.' ICS was a HUGE step in the right direction. I'm ready to see what Samsung brings with the GS3.. Verizon better not pass on this one or I'll be jumping ship
 6 years ago '04        #803
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 2715 2715
 Pro337 said:
I don't think they need that 'killer instinct.' ICS was a HUGE step in the right direction. I'm ready to see what Samsung brings with the GS3.. Verizon better not pass on this one or I'll be jumping ship
google could afford a big marketing scheme like apple but they dont do it.

anyways the gs III is supposed to drop on all carriers at once... we'll see

Ra-da-god said:
thats going to be their undoing, the G nexus release was a nightmare at best
i bet you they'll change it up
 6 years ago '04        #804
space
space
looks like amazon is selling it for $49 now

verizon is dropping their price to $200

the sprint version is coming with 4.0.4, which means verizon is holding back updates

6 years ago '10        #805
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
 fat_boyy21 said:
looks like amazon is selling it for $49 now

verizon is dropping their price to $200

the sprint version is coming with 4.0.4, which means verizon is holding back updates

now that gsm version need to drop some more
 6 years ago '04        #806
space
space
 duval88 said:
now that gsm version need to drop some more
It's going for about $430 right now. Mine just got an update last night and my wifi speed nearly doubled.
 6 years ago '10        #807
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
 fat_boyy21 said:
It's going for about $430 right now. Mine just got an update last night and my wifi speed nearly doubled.
yeah but I'm not in a rush. I'm still loving my nexus s. hopefully with the htc one series dropping and once the gsIII drops I can find it for less than $400
 6 years ago '04        #808
space
space
the galaxy nexus is officially available for sprint today
 6 years ago '04        #809
space
space
Galaxy Nexus for Verizon Wireless receives Android 4.0.4 update

Owners of the Galaxy Nexus for Verizon Wireless are now joining the proud ranks of Android 4.0.4 users. As a common practice, it seems the rollout is gradual, and many of the devices receiving the update appear to be the property of corporate stores. Nonetheless, the 39.8MB download carries a build number IMM76K and similarly brings an update to the baseband software -- which is reason to hope that the (resolved) connectivity issues reported by Android 4.0.4 users of the HSPA+ and Sprint variants will be a non-issue. Are you one of the proud and few to receive the refresh? Let us know in the comments below.

Sprint Galaxy Nexus updated, kiss your connectivity woes goodbye

In general, people seem to love their Galaxy Nexuses (or is that Nexii?), but every model has suffered from some form of connectivity problem. The HSPA+ plus model already scored its antidote, now its time for Sprint's LTE model to get some love. Over the next couple of days a software update (FD02) will be rolling out to the ICS flagships that should solve a rather bothersome bug that kept the devices from connecting to Sprint's data network after activation... at all. Obviously, you'll need to connect to a WiFi network to download the update if you're one of the afflicted, but you get a nice Google Wallet update for your troubles. Now lets get our Big Red Nexii patched up too and we'll all be happy campers.
 6 years ago '07        #810
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,392 | Props total: 13066 13066
shouldn't we be getting 4.0.5?
 6 years ago '12        #811
Southwick 
space
space
$2,622 | Props total: 396 396
Question for any of you guys. Would you trade a Galaxy Nexus for a HTC One S?
 6 years ago '04        #812
space
space
 Southwick said:
Question for any of you guys. Would you trade a Galaxy Nexus for a HTC One S?
I like my galaxy nexus enough to not go for a one s.
 6 years ago '04        #813
space
space

[video - click to view]

News started to trickle out this week about a new Android build called Linaro. Basically, it takes stock Android 4.0.4 and makes it super-fast, and super-awesome(er). In fact, it can boost performance by up to 100 percent over stock. Considering how fast and fluid stock Android 4.0.x already is (especially compared to older versions of the OS), that's quite impressive. Don't take my word for it, though, here's one of the main Linaro guys, Bernhard Rosenkranzer, showing it off on a TI Pandaboard. The Pandaboard features the OMAP 4430 processor (the same one that's in the Droid RAZR), so this is definitely a real-world example of what Linaro is capable of:

As you can see, the Linaro build finishes long before the stock Android build. That's not the best part though: the parts of Linaro that make is so efficient and fast are coming soon to Cyanogenmod 9.

Basically, parts of the Linaro code have been submitted to the CM9 gerrit and are currently awaiting approval. Once commited, these tweaks will be added to the main CM9 code, giving all supported devices a drastic increase in performance.

The good news doesn't end there, though: Galaxy Nexus owners can already take an unofficial CM9 build with the Linaro bits for a whirl. From what we've read, this build is noticeably faster and more fluid right out of the gate. Awesome.

Since the first rule of CM is don't ask for ETAs, we have no idea when we could start seeing builds show up with Linaro code, so for now, we'll all just have to take comfort in knowing that things in the CM9 world are getting ready to get a lot faster.

improvements that give 2x the speed ... Im gonna have to pick this up when they incorporate it into cm9
 6 years ago '04        #814
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
^^^def will be checking that out..
 6 years ago '09        #815
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,910 | Props total: 839 839
I miss my damn galaxy nexus,I hate this iPhone 4
 06-11-2012, 06:31 PM         #816
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fat_boyy21 said:

improvements that give 2x the speed ... Im gonna have to pick this up when they incorporate it into cm9
Running an AOKP Build 38 with these tweaks incorporated.. oddly enough all benchmarks seem to be down but my phone has never been more responsive/scrolled so quickly in apps.

6 years ago '04        #817
space
space
 Andhily said:
Running an AOKP Build 38 with these tweaks incorporated.. oddly enough all benchmarks seem to be down but my phone has never been more responsive/scrolled so quickly in apps.

that is odd... but as long as you notice speed improvements in everyday use then you're good to go.
 5 years ago '04        #818
space
space
Verizon begins testing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Nexus

[pic - click to view]

When Google released Android 4.1 for the GSM Galaxy Nexus we knew it would be awhile before the update finally reached the CDMA versions of the device on Sprint and Verizon. Thanks to a leaked update file we can now confirm Verizon is testing the update for their Galaxy Nexus.

Even though Verizon is testing the update, they still might not release it for another couple months. We saw Verizon go almost six months between updates last time, so there is no telling how long it could take this go around. If you feel comfortable flashing your Galaxy Nexus, then I would suggest grabbing the update file from Google’s servers and trying it out (here is a guide if you need help).

I have been using Jelly Bean on my GSM Galaxy Nexus for the last several months and I really enjoyed some of the new features like Google Now and Project Butter. Eventually I returned to my unlocked HTC One X for its better camera experience, but I would highly recommend Jelly Bean to anyone with a Galaxy Nexus.

Hopefully it doesn’t take Verizon another six months to certify this update and push it out to all their customers. If they are lucky, an official update could roll out next month.
 5 years ago '08        #819
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,960 | Props total: 7371 7371
Nexus would be cool but no sd slot k!lls it for me.
 5 years ago '04        #820
space
space
Here's the prerelease AOSP Verizon Jellybean rom

go to the source page for the files

I know. It's a silly question to ask. A more appropriate question would be are you willing to jump through the hoops necessary to get it? If so, we have just the guide that will help you get it taken care of. Courtesy of dmmarck in our very own forums, there is now a end-to-end guide to help you along provided you're willing to give it a go. You'll need to take care of some prerequisites but they're not all that hard to follow:
• Go completely back to stock 4.0.4/IMM76K by using either Wug's Toolkit or my Return to Stock guide.
• Unlock the device (if you relocked it) and install a custom recovery--either ClockworkMod or TWRP.
• Flash the IMM76Q package using the custom recovery.
• Flash the JRO03O update using the custom recovery.

That's the basics, for a more in depth guide with the full details you'll want to click the link below to head on into the Android Central forums. If you have questions or need help, sing out in there and someone will be able to help out for sure!
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
179 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
185 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy