most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
195 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #721
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
I decided to use the franco kernal. My battery life is slowly improving, this phone is truly amazing !!!
 6 years ago '04        #722
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
 JCSIII said:
Just flashed this

4.0.4: MoDaCo Custom ROM

Which kernal are you using Andhily?
I flashed modaco but my wifi was straight trash after that.. Was only getting one bar while standing right next to my router...
 6 years ago '06        #723
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
 GetOnMahLevel said:
I flashed modaco but my wifi was straight trash after that.. Was only getting one bar while standing right next to my router...
I noticed that last night.Its the first beta so its still gotta ways to go,but I like where there going with it.What are you using at the moment?
 6 years ago '04        #724
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
I'm on stock 4.0.4 atm.. Gettin the itch to flash another rom tonight.. Liquid beta is dope but I hear wifi tethering is borked.. Might try AOKP milestone 3 or the newest gummynex..
 6 years ago '06        #725
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 andhily said:
currently on imoseyon 1.9 haven't upgraded to 1.10 yet but someone who did told me they've had their phone on for 6 hours and are only down to 96% with screen off drain
dammmm.
 6 years ago '06        #726
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
I think that's with the data off right?
 6 years ago '05        #727
xratede 
space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 236 236
i just got this badboy last night, unlocked bootloader, flashed to 4.0.4 but whenever I switch to 4g this sh*t drops calls and goes in and out of service(this was happening b4 i unlocked bootloader). I may have to take it in to verizon
 02-12-2012, 05:47 PM         #728
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xratede said:
i just got this badboy last night, unlocked bootloader, flashed to 4.0.4 but whenever I switch to 4g this sh*t drops calls and goes in and out of service(this was happening b4 i unlocked bootloader). I may have to take it in to verizon
Perhaps it's the 4.0.4 radios that you're having problems with?

Here's stock 4.0.2

And here's 4.0.3 which is also a leak

And here is a hybrid radio which many people have reported to have excellent 3g/4g handoff.. i used it & it works.

Just flash it in clockwork.. make sure you have a full battery it can take a sort of long time to flash so be patient. The problems you are having I've never had so I'd suggest seeing if one of these works well for you and if not take it back and get a brand new device.
 6 years ago '05        #729
xratede 
space
space
 Andhily said:

Here's stock 4.0.2

And here is a hybrid radio which many people have reported to have excellent 3g/4g handoff.. i used it & it works.

Just flash it in clockwork.. make sure you have a full battery it can take a sort of long time to flash so be patient. The problems you are having I've never had so I'd suggest seeing if one of these works well for you and if not take it back and get a brand new device.
Yea it was stock 4.0.2 when I got it, ima try 4.0.3 and that hybrid radio and see if that helps, if not I will take it to VZW
 6 years ago '06        #730
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
Does radios effect how well your wifi connection is?
 6 years ago '05        #731
xratede 
space
space
 Andhily said:

Here's stock 4.0.2

and it was happening b4 i flashed to 4.0.4, its getting better now with 4g cause i can make/recieve calls but there is no data even tho is says connected to mobile network 4g, Im about to try 4.0.3 now
 6 years ago '06        #732
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
I'm using the latest 4.0.4 radio and its been great,but I might try the hybrid if its as good as they say.
 6 years ago '06        #733
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
 xratede said:
and it was happening b4 i flashed to 4.0.4, its getting better now with 4g cause i can make/recieve calls but there is no data even tho is says connected to mobile network 4g, Im about to try 4.0.3 now
You don't need 4g to make and receive calls.Just let it acclimate because it usually doesn't start off great.
 6 years ago '04        #734
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
whenever ive changed radios in the past my connection has improved. in the place you got that radio from, see what other peoples comments say in case other people have the same issue as you do. for me personally I'd use a stock radio
 6 years ago '05        #735
xratede 
space
space
 JCSIII said:
You don't need 4g to make and receive calls.Just let it acclimate because it usually doesn't start off great.
forgive me if im asking an already answered ? but do the radios affect call, because i notice it will say 4G with full bars and then when i go to make a call, about 1 minute into the call it drops and I see no bars or 4g signal. and sometimes it wont even allow me to make a call
 6 years ago '04        #736
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,752 | Props total: 1566 1566
not feeling sprints hush attitude did they not learn from VZN?
 6 years ago '04        #737
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
 xratede said:
forgive me if im asking an already answered ? but do the radios affect call, because i notice it will say 4G with full bars and then when i go to make a call, about 1 minute into the call it drops and I see no bars or 4g signal. and sometimes it wont even allow me to make a call
the radio is what's used to interpret signal so id say yes it can effect it. and 4g is your data service not your voice service. some people were complaining about signal issues before and those who put on the 4.0.4 update said that it fixed the issue.
 6 years ago '05        #738
xratede 
space
space
 fat_boyy21 said:
the radio is what's used to interpret signal so id say yes it can effect it. and 4g is your data service not your voice service. some people were complaining about signal issues before and those who put on the 4.0.4 update said that it fixed the issue.
flashed to 4.0.3 radios and kept the 4.0.4 update and with 4g on I can now make and recieve calls but no data still even when it says 4g, gonna flash back to stock radios and see what happens tomorrow
 02-13-2012, 02:14 AM         #739
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xratede said:
flashed to 4.0.3 radios and kept the 4.0.4 update and with 4g on I can now make and recieve calls but no data still even when it says 4g, gonna flash back to stock radios and see what happens tomorrow
Try that out.. but your best option is probably just to return to stock () and take it to the Verizon store you got it from for a new device.
 6 years ago '05        #740
xratede 
space
space
 Andhily said:
Try that out.. but your best option is probably just to return to stock () and take it to the Verizon store you got it from for a new device.
yea ima try it out till tomorrow afternoon, I brought it from a friend of a friend. I unlocked bootloader and flashed using xda GNex toolkit v5.3 and it has a 1 click option for returning to stock. thank for all your help, ill let u know how it goes
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
56 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
322 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy