NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #601
Tiko377 1861 heat pts1861
space
space
$15,209 | Props total: 8943 8943
anyone buy this phone without upgrading?

i want the phone dont want to use my upgrade tho with the iphone 5 possibly out in 6-9 months.

i want to sell my iphone 4 or trade it in
 6 years ago '04        #602
SPYDER 
space
space
$647 | Props total: 0 0
 joshdogg26 said:
yea i've noticed the haptic feedback can lag if u type a lot really fast. it still catches everything i tap, it just doesn't vibrate sometimes.
Yeah same here, it only does that when I type fast, that doesn't bother me so much though I guess because it still catches everything I type. What irritates me is that the phone vibrates from the letters I previously keyed in while i'm typing in new ones. Do you know of a way to turn off the vibrating by touch on the keyboard?
 6 years ago '07        #603
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13067 13067
 SPYDER said:
Yeah same here, it only does that when I type fast, that doesn't bother me so much though I guess because it still catches everything I type. What irritates me is that the phone vibrates from the letters I previously keyed in while i'm typing in new ones. Do you know of a way to turn off the vibrating by touch on the keyboard?
go to settings, language and input, click the settings button next to "android keyboard," then uncheck "vibrate on keypress"
 12-18-2011, 08:46 PM         #604
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tiko377 said:
anyone buy this phone without upgrading?

i want the phone dont want to use my upgrade tho with the iphone 5 possibly out in 6-9 months.

i want to sell my iphone 4 or trade it in
you can prob move the iphone 4 and buy the nexus for less than the 299 that u get it on upgrade with.. full retail is like 650 not sure exactly what i4s go for now a days
 6 years ago '04        #605
SPYDER 
space
space
$647 | Props total: 0 0
 joshdogg26 said:
go to settings, language and input, click the settings button next to "android keyboard," then uncheck "vibrate on keypress"
good lookin out bro, props
 6 years ago '04        #606
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 2715 2715

[video - click to view]

so far as I know this is only occuring on the verizon version... but turning the screen on and off makes the problem go away temporarily

Last edited by fat_boyy21; 12-18-2011 at 10:15 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #607
space
space
on one of my lines i have my upgrade in december 2012.... anyway i can convince verizon to give me the nexus on that line? its on a basic phone line too i called customer service and there like no theres no way but i am like how? i am paying you guys more a month for data and etc and her dumbass said no.
 6 years ago '07        #608
space
space
 fat_boyy21 said:

so far as I know this is only occuring on the verizon version... but turning the screen on and off makes the problem go away temporarily
that's weird. i was trying to play super smash bros and noticed i couldn't smash hit or hit people while moving. i figured the configuration just wasn't set up properly and didn't think much of it, but this was probably the case since my fingers would have been in pretty much those exact spots lol.
 6 years ago '04        #609
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
How long have you been with vzw?
 6 years ago '05        #610
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 13768 13768
Can you use an unlocked Verizon Galaxy Nexus on Sprint? :sadcam:
 6 years ago '09        #611
space
space
 GetOnMahLevel said:
How long have you been with vzw?
like 5 years
 6 years ago '04        #612
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Can you use an unlocked Verizon Galaxy Nexus on Sprint? :sadcam:
yes you can.. but LTE wont work cuz sprint has wimax

So you can bring a Sprint phone to Verizon, what's the big deal?

You may have read the announcement this morning that Verizon Wireless is opening up its network so that customers with qualified handsets and software can plug into their network. While this may initially look like an opening up of the network to embrace customers and give them choices, I don’t think it is really anything special after a further look. The handset will have to be a CDMA handset and thus the only other carrier that people may move from is Sprint. And if you look at the handsets offered by Sprint and Verizon Wireless, Verizon already has Sprint beat in the number and quality of offerings. There may be a few customers who are not happy with their Sprint service that move to Verizon Wireless, but the GSM networks run by AT&T and T-Mobile in the U.S. and just about everyone else in the world are a much broader market to open up to. Verizon may be moving to a GSM network in the future with their LTE (Long Term Evolution) network and then this announcement would mean much more in terms of opening up to everyone. LTE was not discussed by Verizon with this press release.
 6 years ago '09        #613
space
space
Anyone got reports how this phone is selling I am curious
 12-19-2011, 11:26 AM         #614
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fat_boyy21 said:

This is actually a good thing because Spint has LTE in their future.. and will probably be forced to respond and allow Verizon phones on their network.

So for example someone on Verizon who isn't in a 4G area can go out and get a Galaxy S II now or same thing for anyone on Sprint who wants the Nexus
 6 years ago '06        #615
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,912 | Props total: 25854 25854
This phone is doooooooope...
 6 years ago '04        #616
space
space
Verizon Wireless Confirms Galaxy Nexus Signal Problems

Verizon Wireless today confirmed that its LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus suffers from signal strength problems, pledging to fix them through a software update.

Confirmation is coming through numerous posts on Verizon's @VZWSupport Twitter account, where Verizon staffers are fending off the complaints of Galaxy Nexus owners with weak 3G or 4G reception.

"We do not have an ETA for the fix on this yet, but I do know we are engaged in this issue and it's heavily being looked at," one message says."

"A fix for this issue is under review & will be included in the first post launch maintenance release SW for this device," another tweet reads.
 12-19-2011, 04:47 PM         #617
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My signal improved today.. like I said earlier I was only getting 3G in my town and I've been 3-4 bars full of 4G all day around town.
 6 years ago '04        #618
space
space
This Is Why Your Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Or Other 4G LTE VZW Phone) Is Losing Its Data Connection

Summary verizon has an authentificition system that is different for 4g and 3g phones. problems occur when your phone fails to authenticate (many reasons why)...verizon temporarily blocks data service but not voice when there is a failed attempt

It's a long article so Im only quoting part of it

When Verizon launched its LTE network in November of 2010, it was the first time the carrier had utilized a GSM-based (WCDMA, as opposed to CDMA2000) network in the United States. All Verizon phones and data-enabled devices had previously run on CDMA2000 connections - the network responsible for Verizon's 3G and 2G data. CDMA2000 uses an older authentication system (identifying and OK'ing your device to connect to the data network). Verizon's new 4G LTE network uses a newer, different, and more robust scheme to authenticate devices.

So, in an attempt to smooth out the transition to the new technology (Verizon intends to decommission its 3G network in most areas eventually) and ensure handsets used uniform schemes to connect to any part of the data network, Verizon essentially made it a network directive that all 4G LTE devices would use a single authentication system for both 3G and 4G data connectivity. They did this by requiring all 4G devices use UICC SIM cards, which allow for authentication on many types of networks.

This is what your 4G LTE UICC SIM card does - it's responsible for authenticating you on both Verizon's 3G and 4G networks. Verizon 3G-only phones use the old authentication system, because they don't have these SIM cards. Verizon is the only carrier in the US currently operating on this somewhat odd mixture of authentication schemes and network technologies. This means there are now millions of devices connecting to Verizon's 3G network using an authentication scheme Verizon hasn't previously utilized on that network, and (major) hiccups are occurring as a result.

The "hiccups" are authentication failures - the new scheme is extremely particular about failed attempts to authenticate a device. Your device authenticates regularly, "checking in" with the network to ensure you're still supposed to be connected. When your device fails to authenticate on the network (for any reason - and there are a gamut of possibilities), Verizon will kick you off the data side (not voice, though), either 3G or 4G. At this point, you notice you no longer have a data connection, and throw your phone at the nearest wall.
 6 years ago '05        #619
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 13768 13768
 fat_boyy21 said:

6 years ago '07        #620
space
space
just got my extended battery delivered. i was able to snap on the original cover, but it didn't fit all that well so i put on the new one. i don't have any accessories to try to see if they'll fit, but it should be OK. adds noticeable weight, so that'll take a little getting used to, but overall not bad.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy