Nexus Prime.... Official Info Only

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
20 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #501
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104

word!!
 11-29-2011, 04:17 PM         #502
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fat_boyy21 said:
Galaxy Nexus gets an optional larger battery in Korea

Pretty sure this additional testing from Verizon has the LTE version bumped up to 1850 mah
 6 years ago '08        #503
senseispab 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
Mine arrives tomorrow :)
 6 years ago '04        #504
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,574 | Props total: 2718 2718
 Andhily said:
Pretty sure this additional testing from Verizon has the LTE version bumped up to 1850 mah
you're right about that.. but it would be nice if we also get the option for an even bigger battery here in the US

senseispab said:
that's good for you. let us know how it is. I see the price is around $680.. Im going to wait a bit longer and order it before christmas
 6 years ago '04        #505
space
space
Display battle: galaxy nexus, iphone 4s, samsung galaxy s II

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #506
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 senseispab said:
I'm hating so tough right now
 6 years ago '09        #507
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
space
$7,984 | Props total: 1873 1873

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #508
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,400 | Props total: 13117 13117
 DesertEagle said:

[pic - click to view]

yo this VZW account is hilarious:

@hannah_catt_96
Hannah Catt
I hate Verizon. you suck.

@VZWSupport
VZW Support
@hannah_catt_96 But we love you! How can we make you love us? We are here to help via Twitter.^TH
@JordanFox01
Jordan Fox
Verizon sucks #Realtalk

@VZWSupport
VZW Support
@JordanFox01 Real talk, I want to change your opinion of us. I would love to help regarding your cellular service. ^TH
no real help though

@tonyteesdale
Tony Teesdale
@VZWSupport biggest mystery of all: when am I getting my Galaxy Nexus?

@VZWSupport
VZW Support
@tonyteesdale Hi! We're working diligently to decipher such mystery. We'll tweet the world once a Galaxy Nexus release date is confirmed ^AC
VZWSupport
@ @HaK2301 Good morning! I'm anxious for a release date too! Be a.ssured that we'll tweet the world once a GN release date is confirmed ^AC

VZWSupport
@ @duke2106 Hi! We're working diligently to ensure that such present be ready by the end of the year. Updates at ^AC
 6 years ago '09        #509
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
space
$7,984 | Props total: 1873 1873

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #510
svvt14 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,443 | Props total: 146 146
cotdamn hurry up already with this phone.
 6 years ago '04        #511
space
space
Galaxy Nexus Makes Its Way Through The FCC Once Again – Where’s It Headed This Time?

Well, this is puzzling. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus has popped up at the FCC several times since it’s launch and today, it looks like it passed by again. This particular version seems to be supporting GSM 850/1900 and WCDMA II/IV wireless bands compatible with AT&T’s network. Still, it’s strange that the device wouldn’t support both T-Mobile and AT&T bands like the previous Nexus S did but hopefully there’s a few more bands they haven’t mentioned just yet.

AT&T recently posted a general question on their Facebook page about a week ago asking if anyone was even interested in the device. Maybe they had it planned all along?

Im really hoping they include LTE in this one with ATT launching their 4g network
 6 years ago '04        #512
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
fu*k HURRY UP! I got money waiting to throw down and I can't wait forever!
 6 years ago '04        #513
space
space
US Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon LTE hands-on December 3rd, 2011 in NYC (video)

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

New Yorkers got a sneak peek at the Verizon LTE flavor of the Galaxy Nexus at the Samsung Experience in Columbus Circle today, and we dropped by to spend a few minutes with the Ice Cream Sandwich handset in the Manhattan showroom. Samsung had just four pre-production Nexus models on hand, which were running Android 4.0.1 -- not the final 4.1 version we're expecting to see shortly, with a baseband update in tow. None of the samples included SIM cards, so we were only able to test them using the built-in WiFi module. A security alarm sounded when we attempted to remove the back cover to install a SIM, though the battery was also superglued in place, further inhibiting our access.

We did take the unit for a speed test spin using our Verizon LTE MiFi, and achieved download speeds ranging from 5000-7000kbps and upload speeds of 300-2000kbps when connected to LTE over WiFi. These results don't represent what you'll see with the built-in module, but considering there was no way to get these running on the Verizon network, connectivity was limited to the MiFi and in-house WiFi. Still, this is your best shot at getting your hands on a device ahead of Verizon's official launch, so if you happen to be anywhere near NYC, head on down to the Samsung Experience to get your Nexus fix. Or hop past the break for our hands-on video.

Last edited by fat_boyy21; 12-04-2011 at 10:21 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #514
space
space
Verizon Wireless Makes $299 New Norm With Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Dow Jones Reprints: This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. To order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers, use the Order Reprints tool at the bottom of any article or visit
See a sample reprint in PDF format. Order a reprint of this article now DECEMBER 5, 2011, 4:22 P.M. ET.Verizon Wireless Makes $299 New Norm With Samsung Galaxy Nexus .
NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Verizon Wireless is expanding its slate of expensive smartphones priced at nearly $300 each with a two-year contract, betting that customers will be attracted by the carrier's reputation for network quality and its high-speed, mobile-broadband network.
The latest addition is the hotly anticipated Galaxy Nexus from Samsung Electronics Co. (005930.SE, SSNHY). The carrier will start selling the device this month for $299.99 with a two-year contract, according to people familiar with the matter. That follows the introduction of HTC Corp.'s (2498.TW, HTCXF) Rezound and Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc.'s (MMI) Droid Razr, both priced at a penny under ...

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Verizon Wireless is expanding its slate of expensive smartphones priced at nearly $300 each with a two-year contract, betting that customers will be attracted by the carrier's reputation for network quality and its high-speed, mobile-broadband network.

The latest addition is the hotly anticipated Galaxy Nexus from Samsung Electronics Co. (005930.SE, SSNHY). The carrier will start selling the device this month for $299.99 with a two-year contract, according to people familiar with the matter. That follows the introduction of HTC Corp.'s (2498.TW, HTCXF) Rezound and Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc.'s (MMI) Droid Razr, both priced at a penny under ...

Verizon Galaxy Nexus in-store packaging appears

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #515
space
space
Galaxy Nexus experiences: HDMI out and free calling with data only SIM

Summary: The Galaxy Nexus is the flagship Android device running Google’s Ice Cream Sandwich OS and is a very powerful smartphone. It supports HDMI out and VoIP calling as well.

My Galaxy Nexus arrived on Friday and I posted some first impressions on Saturday. I have been using my Galaxy Nexus extensively since then and trying out some different functions and testing lots of apps. I am very pleased to say that HDMI out works like a champ and learned you can make calls with a data-only SIM.

I purchased an ACCELL MHL adapter inn September and hearing that the Galaxy Nexus supported HDMI out I figured I would try the two out together. The MHL adapter plugs into the bottom microUSB port on the Galaxy Nexus and then has a microUSB power port in the side of the adapter that you must also plug in. This will both power the adapter and connection while also keeping your Galaxy Nexus charged up while you enjoy the HDMI out experience.

Often when you connect a mobile device to an external video source you will find that the device software limits the ability to play this video, I a.ssume for digital rights management reasons or something. Google Videos has several 99 cent rental options so I rented Conan the Barbarian and downloaded it to me Galaxy Nexus to test out. I am very pleased to tell you that there appears to be no limitations with HDMI out and I was able to watch the movie in HD on my 37 inch LCD from the Galaxy Nexus. When you plug in the HDMI MHL adapter, connected to an HDMI cable, to your Galaxy Nexus you will see everything go into landscape orientation (the only way to get landscape in the home screen on the device) which is what you want since your TV is in landscape already. Everything you see on your device appears on your TV so you can watch rentals or purchases, view YouTube videos, play games, work with documents and more on the big screen.

As discussed this weekend on MobileTechRoundup show #254 Kevin Tofel also purchased a Galaxy Nexus. He started out using it with the data only SIM card from his T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab and discovered that he could use it for phone calls as well as data. Kevin pays $40/month for this unlimited data service with this SIM so the ability to also use it for VoIP calling is a very appealing alternative and gives you a glimpse of the future. Like Kevin, I don’t make a ton of calls and most of my smartphone interaction is data related so going with a data only model and using VoIP for occasional calling is a very attractive option.

I am working on responses to questions from my original Galaxy Nexus post and am also testing out the camera, Gmail, and many other functions and features to put in a more detailed review post. If you have any questions (as many in the US wait for the unknown Verizon launch date) please let me know and I will provide responses in this upcoming post.
 6 years ago '04        #516
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
An announcement for pricing and availability are expected for today or tomorrow and for a launch on Friday, December 9th.
 6 years ago '07        #517
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,400 | Props total: 13117 13117
VZW blocked google wallet from being on the phone because they have their own gay similar product they're working on. maybe that was part of the holdup.
 6 years ago '04        #518
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
An announcement for pricing and availability are expected for today or tomorrow and for a launch on Friday, December 9th.
I saw this too, but I didnt want to get everyone's hopes up for nothing. I hope google doesnt launch through verizon again after this
 12-06-2011, 01:22 PM         #519
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Local premium reseller has gotten inventory.. not allowed to sell until the 12th but told me to come down after 3 tomorrow to play with one
 6 years ago '04        #520
space
space
South African Galaxy Nexus pricing revealed

Samsung has revealed in a press statement issued today (7 December 2011) that the new Galaxy Nexus Android smartphone which it built for Google will go on sale in South Africa from “early Q1 2012” at a recommended retail price of R6,999 – R7,299.

Vodacom brought Google’s previous Nexus S handset to South Africa, and the network operator told MyBroadband in October that the Galaxy Nexus may launch locally as soon as February 2012.

Virgin Mobile said that they might also be getting a small volume of devices.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus lands early in Germany

There's good news and there's bad news for Samsung fans around the world this week. First the good news, German's can now get their hands on the Galaxy Nexus. The phone has been made available a week early through a number of outlets of the Media Markt chain though prices vary from store to store, with some places selling it for €629, others €529.

Last edited by fat_boyy21; 12-07-2011 at 06:44 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
36 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy