Nexus Prime.... Official Info Only

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
137 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-03-2011, 10:02 PM         #381
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
Doesn't Verizon have an exclusive agreement?

And...again, it's Google's decision to make it "not up to Google"... they could very well have control over it rather than let carriers fu*k their sh*t up... it's easy to pass the blame off google just cuz "they have no control" when in reality, they make a choice of having no control... at the end of the day, it's back at Google.
They don't..
 6 years ago '11        #382
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Andhily said:
They don't..
What I meant was, don't they have an exclusive to release the phone 1st... I believe they do.
 6 years ago '04        #383
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,566 | Props total: 2705 2705
 PTC said:
This could possibly be true. It's a google flagship phone, I could understand if this was the GS2 or whatever, but this is technically directly from Google. It's their responsibility to update this phone, not Samsung.... and it's their responsibility to advertise this phone, not Samsung.

Whatever they have in their agreements, we don't know who has say in what or what is what... too many variables.

But yeah, with the acquisition of Motorola, not ONLY should their next phone release be on better terms (google's), but updates for ALL motorola phones should hopefully come faster.
google makes the software on the galaxy nexus phone.. what part of that do you not get. the moment they add a chip maker and a manufacturer other factors come into play. like i said before the same thing happened with galaxy s2 releasing in europe first and now the US

Last edited by fat_boyy21; 11-04-2011 at 12:58 AM..
 11-04-2011, 12:51 AM         #384
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
What I meant was, don't they have an exclusive to release the phone 1st... I believe they do.
It was definitely rumored that they did.. I'm not sure if they still have that in the US? I know the rumor was that they passed up the SGSII for the Nexus for Nexus exclusivity.. but they actually passed on the SGSII because it didn't have LTE.

I'm not going to pretend to know anything but I feel like this Nov 17th release date is like the first day that this phone can be released.. maybe Google have Verizon the option to release it earlier than anyone else and they blew it? idk
 6 years ago '11        #385
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 fat_boyy21 said:
google makes the software on the galaxy nexus phone.. what part of that do you not get. the moment they add a chip maker and a manufacturer other factors come into play. like i said before the same thing happened with galaxy s2 releasing in europe first and now the US
WTF are you saying? Are you really comparing the GS2 to the Galaxy Nexus right now?

Google specifically works on the Galaxy Nexus, not any other Android phone. You can buy Nexus phones through google, not any other phone.

Why are you acting as if this is no different than the GS2?

Do you understand what a flagship phone is?

Google is doing ALL the advertising for the Nexus... as a matter of fact I believe the banner on the bottom of Boxden for the Galaxy Nexus doesn't even have "Samsung" advertised in it...

So please stop that sh*t, you can't be looking at this phone like you're looking at the GS2.

You specifically defend on ANYTHING and everything android/google...
 6 years ago '11        #386
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Andhily said:
It was definitely rumored that they did.. I'm not sure if they still have that in the US? I know the rumor was that they passed up the SGSII for the Nexus for Nexus exclusivity.. but they actually passed on the SGSII because it didn't have LTE.

I'm not going to pretend to know anything but I feel like this Nov 17th release date is like the first day that this phone can be released.. maybe Google have Verizon the option to release it earlier than anyone else and they blew it? idk
I see. It's just no official information that's all, we're all just doing some speculating and guessing at the end of the day which is why I brought up my main point. Regardless if you're an Android/Google fan or not, I think we can all agree Google can do better with major releases in the future considering they only have 1 phone a year, especially with a phone with as much hype due to ICS.

Google is an American based company, so to have the press conference over seas lets me know there's a certain agreement we don't know with Samsung/Android.

Tell me, was the Nexus S released in this fashion? (I know the Nexus One wasn't).
 11-04-2011, 01:15 AM         #387
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
I see. It's just no official information that's all, we're all just doing some speculating and guessing at the end of the day which is why I brought up my main point. Regardless if you're an Android/Google fan or not, I think we can all agree Google can do better with major releases in the future considering they only have 1 phone a year, especially with a phone with as much hype due to ICS.

Google is an American based company, so to have the press conference over seas lets me know there's a certain agreement we don't know with Samsung/Android.

Tell me, was the Nexus S released in this fashion? (I know the Nexus One wasn't).
Well the conference was originally supposed to be held in the US and then as you know they postponed it for Steve Job's death.

The main problem with this is their are like 10,000 Android fanboy sites and each and every one of them are posting different rumors.. I'm very excited that Verizon confirmed the phone but like I said before it's usually their policy to announce it around a week before.

I do agree with you that Google can do a better job marketing their Nexus line, but they walk a very thin line too considering they rely on HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc because without them they wouldn't have the market share/growth that they have experienced..

I wish Google would just come out swinging talking about how the Galaxy Nexus is the best phone since sliced bread and all that but they really can't p!ss their other manufacturers off yet.

Which is why their acquisition of Motorola Mobility is so huge.
 11-04-2011, 01:18 AM         #388
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I do have to say that Google has been pushing updates for all of their apps in the market lately with the ICS redesign and this sh*t is straight up k!lling me...

hiring the gay dude martias duarte from palm was the best thing google ever did
 6 years ago '05        #389
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
I just want my Google+ widget back.
 6 years ago '05        #390
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,613 | Props total: 13670 13670
 PTC said:
There is no company that only sells phones in the US...WTF?

Damn dogg, the stupidity you bring sometimes is crazy.
Exactly. So why are you tryin to make a point about the U.S. not gettin the phone before anyone else? Dumbass.
 6 years ago '04        #391
space
space
 PTC said:
WTF are you saying? Are you really comparing the GS2 to the Galaxy Nexus right now?

Google specifically works on the Galaxy Nexus, not any other Android phone. You can buy Nexus phones through google, not any other phone.

Why are you acting as if this is no different than the GS2?

Do you understand what a flagship phone is?

Google is doing ALL the advertising for the Nexus... as a matter of fact I believe the banner on the bottom of Boxden for the Galaxy Nexus doesn't even have "Samsung" advertised in it...

So please stop that sh*t, you can't be looking at this phone like you're looking at the GS2.

You specifically defend on ANYTHING and everything android/google...
you do know they shut down there online store to the public right. samsung is the one distributing the phone not google. that's why i brought up the galaxy s2

Last edited by fat_boyy21; 11-04-2011 at 09:22 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #392
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,916 | Props total: 10777 10777
That face screen unlock is nice gotta admit...
 6 years ago '04        #393
space
space
I really hope it drops on or before black friday... otherwise Im waiting another month for the price to drop
 6 years ago '11        #394
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Exactly. So why are you tryin to make a point about the U.S. not gettin the phone before anyone else? Dumbass.
Because the company it's coming from is FROM the US?

Kinda like how Canada used to get Blackberries 1st? Or when the US gets Windows phones 1st?

... not only that, but the international gets an ACTUAL date too.. that's my point, why is international getting treated better by a US company?

That was my original point.
 6 years ago '11        #395
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 fat_boyy21 said:
you do know they shut down there online store to the public right. samsung is the one distributing the phone not google. that's why i brought up the galaxy s2
No I did not know that. Ok, now this makes the most sense... Samsung is doing the distributing.... is there proof? Source?
 6 years ago '05        #396
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743

[pic - click to view]

won't be much longer till it drops
 6 years ago '04        #397
space
space
 PTC said:
No I did not know that. Ok, now this makes the most sense... Samsung is doing the distributing.... is there proof? Source?
Im not gonna put up a source. I bought my nexus one in google's online store, but shortly after they closed it to the public. now you have to be a registered developer to purchase through their online store. that one was a technically a worldwide release but they never made a cdma version.

the nexus s was manufacured by samsung and best buy had an exclusivity period to sell it and the carrier was t-mobile, and ultimately it went to att, sprint (not sure about verizon).

the galaxy nexus could still release in the US before the november 17th UK release date. It's just being speculated that it will release later on. I was just giving you my guess as to why I think it would release later on. But samsung is the manufacturer so they will ship it to verizon (who is supposed to have an exclusivity period). Im not saying google doesnt have a say in who will get it first, but I am saying that it matters that samsung is the one making the phone. Their are reasons why the galaxy s2 took so long to be shipped here and those same reasons could apply to the galaxy nexus
 6 years ago '05        #398
kkkid 176 heat pts176
space
space
$3,710 | Props total: 739 739
sh*t.
 6 years ago '11        #399
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 fat_boyy21 said:
Im not gonna put up a source. I bought my nexus one in google's online store, but shortly after they closed it to the public. now you have to be a registered developer to purchase through their online store. that one was a technically a worldwide release but they never made a cdma version.

the nexus s was manufacured by samsung and best buy had an exclusivity period to sell it and the carrier was t-mobile, and ultimately it went to att, sprint (not sure about verizon).

the galaxy nexus could still release in the US before the november 17th UK release date. It's just being speculated that it will release later on. I was just giving you my guess as to why I think it would release later on. But samsung is the manufacturer so they will ship it to verizon (who is supposed to have an exclusivity period). Im not saying google doesnt have a say in who will get it first, but I am saying that it matters that samsung is the one making the phone. Their are reasons why the galaxy s2 took so long to be shipped here and those same reasons could apply to the galaxy nexus
So really, you have no source and just speculating.

My point exactly...
 6 years ago '04        #400
space
space
 PTC said:
So really, you have no source and just speculating.

My point exactly...
good luck with finding sources to prove me wrong
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
96 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
19 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy