Nexus Prime.... Official Info Only

most viewed right now
 67
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 34
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #361
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
Someone explain to me why other countries are getting a USA company flagship phone 1st?
 6 years ago '04        #362
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
avatar space
space
$9,573 | Props total: 2718 2718
 PTC said:
Someone explain to me why other countries are getting a USA company flagship phone 1st?
samsung isnt a US company. It's google branded not google made. It was the same thing with the galaxy sII
 6 years ago '04        #363
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
avatar space
space
$9,573 | Props total: 2718 2718
Galaxy Nexus gets rooted, forums burst into applause

To root or not to root -- that's never really been a question for Nexus owners. Google's purebred Android phones are by nature developer-friendly and ship with a painless ability to unlock their bootloaders. So, it comes as no great surprise that well-known modder Modaco has achieved this very feat on the Galaxy Nexus, although it is nice to this Ice Cream Sandwich flagship upholding tradition. Whatever your personal computing OS choice, the superboot image file provided at the source will work for you, pushing the superuser APK to your handset and granting you administrator privileges. Retail versions of the phone will likely come locked, so be prepared to wipe your data if you choose to go down this route (pun definitely intended). As always, tinkering with high-end mobile toys comes with the usual a.ssociated risks, so proceed with caution. And remember the cardinal rule -- friends don't let friends root their phones.





I'll post rooting information on the phone in here as it's available to anyone interested
 11-03-2011, 02:46 PM         #364
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fat_boyy21 said:
samsung isnt a US company. It's google branded not google made. It was the same thing with the galaxy sII
+ Google devices are meant to be carrier independent and worldwide phones
 6 years ago '11        #365
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 fat_boyy21 said:
samsung isnt a US company. It's google branded not google made. It was the same thing with the galaxy sII
It's a Google flagship phone... do you understand that? This is the introduction to ICS. Nexus has ads all over the place and as a matter of fact you have this page!



Google chose Samsung to work with for their flagship phone, not the other way around. Let's be real.

smfh some of you guys completely let bias blur your vision to amounts where you would be able rationalize a situation where these companies would have to k!ll children in Africa to make some phones


Last edited by PTC; 11-03-2011 at 03:02 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #366
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Andhily said:
+ Google devices are meant to be carrier independent and worldwide phones
What the hell does this have to do with what I asked? This doesn't even begin to answer why it's being released internationally first.

Obviously this has to do with Samsung, but at the same time, Google is a US based company.
 11-03-2011, 03:17 PM         #367
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
What the hell does this have to do with what I asked? This doesn't even begin to answer why it's being released internationally first.

Obviously this has to do with Samsung, but at the same time, Google is a US based company.
Why can't it be released internationally first? Do international customers not count?


Do you want Google to just start telling companies "Well Verizon doesn't plan on releasing it until Nov/X so you won't be allowed to release it until after them."

If you were an international customer you'd be cool with that?


The Nexus is going to release whenever the carriers that decide to carry it decide to release it, and the latest VZW leak has it pegged for the same date as the worldwide release on Nov 17th.


And if a US carrier doesn't choose to release it on the 17th when it becomes available worldwide then that is the carriers problem, and Google would be idiotic to punish it's international carriers and customers because of it.
 6 years ago '11        #368
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
Weren't the Nexus One and Nexus S phones released in the US 1st? Or at least same time as international releases?

And weren't you able to buy the unlocked versions fairly quickly too?
 6 years ago '11        #369
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Andhily said:
Why can't it be released internationally first? Do international customers not count?


Do you want Google to just start telling companies "Well Verizon doesn't plan on releasing it until Nov/X so you won't be allowed to release it until after them."

If you were an international customer you'd be cool with that?


The Nexus is going to release whenever the carriers that decide to carry it decide to release it, and the latest VZW leak has it pegged for the same date as the worldwide release on Nov 17th.


And if a US carrier doesn't choose to release it on the 17th when it becomes available worldwide then that is the carriers problem, and Google would be idiotic to punish it's international carriers and customers because of it.
No one said it can't be released internationally 1st, I'm just saying it's just odd for a US based company to release it internationally 1st.

No I don't want google to start telling those companies that, but maybe, Google can start doing a better job working with Verizon/carriers to set actual release dates instead of having a press conference with NONE. Absolutely unheard of.

Android heads always have the same logic: start blaming carriers/companies. Just not google.
 11-03-2011, 03:37 PM         #370
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
No one said it can't be released internationally 1st, I'm just saying it's just odd for a US based company to release it internationally 1st.

No I don't want google to start telling those companies that, but maybe, Google can start doing a better job working with Verizon/carriers to set actual release dates instead of having a press conference with NONE. Absolutely unheard of.

Android heads always have the same logic: start blaming carriers/companies. Just not google.
A. We have known about this November 17th Europe release since about the day after the original press conference.

B. We thought that the Nexus would be released sometime around now on Verizon but it's not. So like I said do you want Google to tell these carriers that they can't release on 11/17 even though many of them have had pre-orders available for weeks now.

C. You can buy an unlocked Nexus and have it shipped here and use it on a carrier that's frequencies permit it.

D. Like I said again, latest VZW leak has it pegged for a 11/17 release which would mean that you are creating a big ado out of nothing..

E. Verizon typically doesn't announce a phones release date until one week before it's released.. they do still have to sell phones you know.

They still have the Bionic, Razr, Rezound, and plenty of other 4G phones that they are currently selling.. it'd be pretty stupid for them to announce a phone over a month before they plan on releasing it.
 6 years ago '05        #371
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13778 13778
 PTC said:
It's a Google flagship phone... do you understand that? This is the introduction to ICS. Nexus has ads all over the place and as a matter of fact you have this page!



Google chose Samsung to work with for their flagship phone, not the other way around. Let's be real.

smfh some of you guys completely let bias blur your vision to amounts where you would be able rationalize a situation where these companies would have to k!ll children in Africa to make some phones
What does anything you wrote have to do with anything? Google doesn't only sell phones in the U.S. Idiot.
 6 years ago '11        #372
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Y.G. said:
What does anything you wrote have to do with anything? Google doesn't only sell phones in the U.S. Idiot.
There is no company that only sells phones in the US...WTF?

Damn dogg, the stupidity you bring sometimes is crazy.
 6 years ago '11        #373
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Andhily said:
A. We have known about this November 17th Europe release since about the day after the original press conference.
Does this have anything to do with release dates in the US?

B. We thought that the Nexus would be released sometime around now on Verizon but it's not. So like I said do you want Google to tell these carriers that they can't release on 11/17 even though many of them have had pre-orders available for weeks now.
Speculation... nothing you say matters here. "we thought." the end.

C. You can buy an unlocked Nexus and have it shipped here and use it on a carrier that's frequencies permit it.
That's good to know... directly through Google tho?

D. Like I said again, latest VZW leak has it pegged for a 11/17 release which would mean that you are creating a big ado out of nothing..
Speculation, again. Nothing is official. Nothing matters.

E. Verizon typically doesn't announce a phones release date until one week before it's released.. they do still have to sell phones you know.
When was the new Razor and Bionic announced in comparison to their release dates?

They still have the Bionic, Razr, Rezound, and plenty of other 4G phones that they are currently selling.. it'd be pretty stupid for them to announce a phone over a month before they plan on releasing it.
Sorry, but do you think Apple gives a flying fu*k about what other phones these carriers have to sell?

Again, Google just hasn't done a great job with these American carriers in dropping this phone... I know you guys are in denial and just coming up with excuses... but that's the straight facts.

This is the NEXUS GALAXY, the introduction to ICS, the FLAGSHIP ANDROID PHONE.

It's just a messy phone release in general... but I guess it makes more sense as to why the press conf. was in Asia tho.
 11-03-2011, 05:48 PM         #374
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
Does this have anything to do with release dates in the US?



Speculation... nothing you say matters here. "we thought." the end.



That's good to know... directly through Google tho?



Speculation, again. Nothing is official. Nothing matters.



When was the new Razor and Bionic announced in comparison to their release dates?



Sorry, but do you think Apple gives a flying fu*k about what other phones these carriers have to sell?

Again, Google just hasn't done a great job with these American carriers in dropping this phone... I know you guys are in denial and just coming up with excuses... but that's the straight facts.

This is the NEXUS GALAXY, the introduction to ICS, the FLAGSHIP ANDROID PHONE.

It's just a messy phone release in general... but I guess it makes more sense as to why the press conf. was in Asia tho.

You need to stop comparing Google to Apple, they operate completely different. Using "Apple would have done this" in your argument is pretty damn stupid considering Google is not Apple.


The Nexus 1 was a flagship Android phone, how many carriers was that released on? Same with the Nexus S.

Do I wish they had announced a release date when they held the press conference? Yes. Do I understand why they didn't? Yes.

Is it a terrible phone release? No. Because everything that we know about this phone is strictly rumors.

Joe said the Galaxy Nexus would be released November 3rd, and Adam said it would be released November 10th on Verizon.


OMG!!!! VERIZON ISNT RELEASING IT ON NOVEMBER 3RD OR 10TH!!! I CANT BELIEVE THAT RUMOR I READ ON THE INTERNET ISNT TRUE.


The phone will get released when it gets released and the people that want to buy it will buy it..


On another note with the Razr, Rezound, GNexus, and the 4s VZW has cemented itself as the goat carrier
 6 years ago '11        #375
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Andhily said:
You need to stop comparing Google to Apple, they operate completely different. Using "Apple would have done this" in your argument is pretty damn stupid considering Google is not Apple.
This isn't just about Google and Apple, this is a messy phone release as compared to OTHER android phones too, so stop with that sh*t.

The Nexus 1 was a flagship Android phone, how many carriers was that released on? Same with the Nexus S.
What does this have to do with HOW many carriers a phone has? WTF?

Do I wish they had announced a release date when they held the press conference? Yes. Do I understand why they didn't? Yes.
No, there is no real good explanation as to why they didn't other than the fact that they didn't do a good job meshing with carriers for this phone release.

[quote[
Is it a terrible phone release? No. Because everything that we know about this phone is strictly rumors.[/quote]

We'll see what happens when it comes out, I won't say it's a terrible phone release, but up to this point it hasn't been good.

Joe said the Galaxy Nexus would be released November 3rd, and Adam said it would be released November 10th on Verizon.


OMG!!!! VERIZON ISNT RELEASING IT ON NOVEMBER 3RD OR 10TH!!! I CANT BELIEVE THAT RUMOR I READ ON THE INTERNET ISNT TRUE.


The phone will get released when it gets released and the people that want to buy it will buy it..
Yeah, once again, just an Android head turning a blind eye.

On another note with the Razr, Rezound, GNexus, and the 4s VZW has cemented itself as the goat carrier
We'll see what happens down the line... ATT has LTE rolling out. The good thing is, ATT's LTE drop off is their HSPA which has speeds up to 21mbps right now. Verizon's LTE drop off is to their "3G" evdo which has speeds up to like 3 mbps lmao.

Right now tho, if I was in an LTE area, I'd definitely cop Verizon... but if I was getting an iPhone I'd cop it on ATT.
 11-03-2011, 07:17 PM         #376
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[quote]Again, Google just hasn't done a great job with these American carriers in dropping this phone... I know you guys are in denial and just coming up with excuses... but that's the straight facts.

This is the NEXUS GALAXY, the introduction to ICS, the FLAGSHIP ANDROID PHONE.[\quote]

That's what you said. Nexus 1 and Nexus S were both Flagship phones, introduction to an OS.. and they both were released on one carrier in the US..


This speculation is really nothing knew with the Nexus devices.. but VZW confirmed that they are getting it so I have no problem waiting.. if this was January and you were making these posts I could see your point but the phone hasn't been released anywhere yet so it doesn't really bother me that no US carriers have announced it.

It's not up to Google to decide who carries this phone and when they release it.. it's pretty much that simple.
 6 years ago '11        #377
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Andhily said:

It's not up to Google to decide who carries this phone and when they release it.. it's pretty much that simple.
Doesn't Verizon have an exclusive agreement?

And...again, it's Google's decision to make it "not up to Google"... they could very well have control over it rather than let carriers fu*k their sh*t up... it's easy to pass the blame off google just cuz "they have no control" when in reality, they make a choice of having no control... at the end of the day, it's back at Google.
 11-03-2011, 08:05 PM         #378
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
Doesn't Verizon have an exclusive agreement?

And...again, it's Google's decision to make it "not up to Google"... they could very well have control over it rather than let carriers fu*k their sh*t up... it's easy to pass the blame off google just cuz "they have no control" when in reality, they make a choice of having no control... at the end of the day, it's back at Google.
You do realize that at the end of the day, Google does not make phone hardware. Samsung still has a strong say on who they want to sell the phone to and when. Maybe now that Google owns Motorola, their next Nexus phone will be released completely on their terms.
 6 years ago '11        #379
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 xeduran said:
You do realize that at the end of the day, Google does not make phone hardware. Samsung still has a strong say on who they want to sell the phone to and when. Maybe now that Google owns Motorola, their next Nexus phone will be released completely on their terms.
This could possibly be true. It's a google flagship phone, I could understand if this was the GS2 or whatever, but this is technically directly from Google. It's their responsibility to update this phone, not Samsung.... and it's their responsibility to advertise this phone, not Samsung.

Whatever they have in their agreements, we don't know who has say in what or what is what... too many variables.

But yeah, with the acquisition of Motorola, not ONLY should their next phone release be on better terms (google's), but updates for ALL motorola phones should hopefully come faster.
 6 years ago '04        #380
GetOnMahLevel 
space
avatar space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
i think this is an insta-cop for me.. diggin everything about this phone so far..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 6
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 3
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 3
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy