Nexus Prime.... Official Info Only

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
152 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
197 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #321
King Jackson 86 heat pts86
space
space
$5,453 | Props total: 2071 2071

[pic - click to view]

Is anyone tired of seeing the words "Galaxy Nexus on Verizon" yet? I didn't think so. We said it was coming. We now know it's coming. And here's even more reason to believe that it's coming November 10, just like we heard it would before.

While things are always subject to change, the screen you see above should make more than a few happy. Of course Verizon's still mum on an official date, but as of today, they still have stores and agents preparing for a Nov. 10 launch. And for those more interested in some HTC hotness? The HTC Rezound is still on that same Nov 10 track as well.

That's 20 days and 3 hours (ET) for those keeping score at home.
 6 years ago '04        #322
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
O2's Galaxy Nexus landing page confirms November availability, forgets to add price

It's no secret that O2's set to release its Galaxy Nexus variant come this November, but a recently live landing page on the UK telecom's website is serving up some extras. As expected, its customers will be unwrapping the 21Mbps HSPA+ version of the device, but sadly, the question remains as to how much it'll cost. While a leaked Verizon document evidently has this Android 4.0 flagship pegged at $300 on-contract, O2's left nary a mention about pricing. With a handful of carriers now firmly under this 4.65-incher's belt, it's time for others to defrost their Ice Cream Sandwich release plans.
 6 years ago '04        #323
space
space
looks like it's going for $800 to preorder the unlocked version

and it wont be coming with gorilla glass

6 years ago '06        #324
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 fat_boyy21 said:
looks like it's going for $800 to preorder the unlocked version

and it wont be coming with gorilla glass

dont trust that first link..it says the camera has 8+ megapixels..but thats probbably the right price

also i heard its gonna have a new type of screen better than gorilla glass..its called dragontail
link:
its not confirmed though so dont get your hopes up...
 6 years ago '07        #325
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
i'm hearing bad things, like a verizon rep saying "by the end of the year" and it already slipped from the 3rd to the 10th, now hearing maybe further. i need to get rid of this damn OG droid .
 6 years ago '04        #326
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,751 | Props total: 1566 1566
at this point google has really k!lled their momentum with this phone might as well wait till 4/1/2012

Fail!!!
 6 years ago '07        #327
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
 joshdogg26 said:
i'm hearing bad things, like a verizon rep saying "by the end of the year" and it already slipped from the 3rd to the 10th, now hearing maybe further. i need to get rid of this damn OG droid .

When did verizon, google, or samsung say November 3rd? And last time I check, november aka next week, is still the end of the year.

Don't trip, android will look out for those who got the first droid by putting this out before contracts expire. sh*t, they better lol
 10-25-2011, 08:18 PM         #328
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 joshdogg26 said:
People need to stop taking rumors as fact. Do you guys remember what happened with the Thunderbolt? That phone had about 15 different release dates and just as many push backs.

It's no surprise that Verizon has said "by the end of the year" because they are allowing themselves some room to maneuver without backlash..

Nov 3rd was from Black_Man_X and while he does work for Google and is usually right he doesn't work for Verizon so it's really not that serious if it's not released on the third.

The 10th is just for the minimum advertising price, maybe it does get released on the 10th but again that document is not for release dates.. Verizon is not going to release the Vigor and Nexus on the same day lol

Chances are the phone will be out around mid November
 6 years ago '09        #329
Tiko377 1860 heat pts1860
space
space
$15,200 | Props total: 8929 8929
damn no gorilla glass? and lesser pixels?

samsung dropping the ball
 10-25-2011, 08:43 PM         #330
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tiko377 said:
damn no gorilla glass? and lesser pixels?

samsung dropping the ball
wat

And it's not "Gorilla Glass" but Gorilla Glass is just a brand.. one brand of many.. it's still being made with very durable glass.
 6 years ago '11        #331
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
The nexus devices have priority over the other handsets because they're phones that are made by google with samsung, so yes, they are going to get the updates the fastest.
 6 years ago '08        #332
King Jackson 86 heat pts86
space
space
$5,453 | Props total: 2071 2071
Verizon's Galaxy Nexus sign-up page is showing the device as a Verizon EXCLUSIVE.
 6 years ago '04        #333
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
space
$10,091 | Props total: 2393 2393
 6 years ago '07        #334
space
space
getting warmer...now give me that damn release date
 10-27-2011, 12:08 AM         #335
paliknight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*ttier camera and sh*ttier processor (than the SII)? no thank you. ill stick with the SII.
 6 years ago '04        #336
space
space
 paliknight said:
sh*ttier camera and sh*ttier processor (than the SII)? no thank you. ill stick with the SII.
Camera pixels determine the size of the picture, the sensor determines the quality. So we wont know if its sh*ttier until it comes out. The processor is debatable because the ics is optimized for the ti processor so again this point is debatable
 10-27-2011, 02:04 AM         #337
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TI 4460 is actually a better cpu than whatever sammy uses in the exynos.. exynos has better gpu
 6 years ago '07        #338
space
space
now saying according to a samsung event and amazon that it's set to release nov. 17th in europe and likely the following week in US. i'll be damned if i gotta go out on black friday to cop this sh*t .

10-27-2011, 07:41 PM         #339
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hopefully VZW does pre-orders like they are doing with the razr so this beauty can just arrive at my house
 6 years ago '04        #340
space
space
Google Galaxy Nexus Skips Past Gorilla Glass, Goes For Fortified Glass Display Protection

Almost every smartphone or tablet that is released on the market these days features a Gorilla Glass display which prevents clumsy users from scratching their devices. Well, the Google Galaxy Nexus will be different as Samsung has chosen another type of glass protection for its flagship handset and the first smartphone in the world to be powered by Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

According to Corning, the company which manufactures Gorilla Glass, the Galaxy Nexus will not have the aforementioned glass protection, while Samsung has also confirmed the situation. The South Korea firm has said in an email that it has decided to try a new type of fortified glass for the Galaxy Nexus as it’s always good and exciting to try new stuff.

Samsung hasn’t said whether this fortified glass is better than Gorilla Glass, and who is going to manufacture it, but we believe that you won’t have any problems with scratches. After all, it’s not good for a single company to have a monopoly on a thing therefore signing a deal with a new firm will eventually improve the quality of the glass protections and the winners will be the consumers.

It’s worth mentioning that my current and the previous smartphones featured Gorilla Glass and I’ve noticed that it’s very hard to crack them. Actually, I didn’t manage to crack them at all, but after several drops and bad-handling, I’ve scratched them a little though the scratches are not “too” visible – you’d have to pay close attention to them to notice them.

The good thing is that if users believe that they find themselves in a position where it’s impossible not to damage their devices, there are many companies which manufacture touchscreen protections and covers. A good case will take the shock of a drop and your smartphone will be safe. It will cost you a few extra bucks and the handset will not be so “beautiful” but at least it will remain almost in factory condition.

People familiar with the matter believe that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will still be better than the iPhone 4 or the iPhone 4S when it comes to screen cracks. It has been proven that Apple’s smartphones are very fragile at drops and scratches, but maybe the Cupertino-based company is working to fix this problem in a future smartphone.

Anyway the Galaxy Nexus has a serious advantage: it features a curved display that will protect it from many issues. The Google Nexus S, manufactured by Samsung, featured a curved display and it didn’t have Gorilla Glass protection and users were fine like this. Well, maybe Samsung will let us know which is the supplier for the Galaxy Nexus fortified glass so stay tuned!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
123 comments
2 days ago