Nexus Prime.... Official Info Only

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
31 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #221
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
Look how fu*king smooth the UI moves... that's all I wanted from Android. Everything else is just icing on the cake (no pun)
 6 years ago '09        #222
Tiko377 1860 heat pts1860
space
space
$15,186 | Props total: 8924 8924
 DesertEagle said:

[pic - click to view]

its not that impressive
 6 years ago '04        #223
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,567 | Props total: 2707 2707
Did they say if its a global phone
 10-18-2011, 11:28 PM         #224
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fat_boyy21 said:
Did they say if its a global phone
They did not mention it, that is what I am waiting to hear.

Last edited by xeduran; 10-18-2011 at 11:31 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #225
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 xeduran said:
They did not mention it, that is what I am waiting to here.
 6 years ago '04        #226
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
 Andhily said:
Photon already has an LTE chip in it.. The same version that hits Verizon will probably also land on Sprint.

Also regarding the Galaxy S II vs. Nexus argument.. the GSII will probably perform amazing with an Ice Cream Sandwich but you have to realize that Ice Cream Sandwich was developed on the Nexus for the Nexus.

It will be hard to outperform it, and that's not even getting into how much better the screen really is, hardware vs non-hardware buttons, etc
I really doubt they'd release this phone on sprint without the immediate option for 4g isnt that kinda of shooting it in the foot? I'd take a 3G version as I dont have a choice

I gathered that about the SGSII running ICS but honestly after watching the presser for the nexus I don't even want the Epic 4 g touch now, its still a amazing phone but new toys just brings out the brat in me. not to mention the fact that I'd rather get ICS out the box when i upgraded my Evo to gingerbread it crippled my phone I'd hate to go through that with the SGS2 plus its no telling when or if the galaxy is going to even get the upgrade.....oy

SPRINT!!! why has thou forsaken me?!?

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 10-18-2011 at 11:33 PM..
 10-18-2011, 11:31 PM         #227
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andhily said:
Photon already has an LTE chip in it.. The same version that hits Verizon will probably also land on Sprint.

Also regarding the Galaxy S II vs. Nexus argument.. the GSII will probably perform amazing with an Ice Cream Sandwich but you have to realize that Ice Cream Sandwich was developed on the Nexus for the Nexus.

It will be hard to outperform it, and that's not even getting into how much better the screen really is, hardware vs non-hardware buttons, etc
Yeah it is obvious that Google heavily optimized ICS for the OMAP processor. Probably the reason they pushed for it to be used even though it is not brand new. I am sure optimizations will be made for the other processors, question is will they be as fast as the Galaxy Nexus's optimizations.

If you do not plan to root your phone, I suggest you get the Galaxy Nexus over the GSII. GSII uses TouchWiz. Any updates to ICS might also include TouchWiz. Stock ICS will be faster than ICS with TouchWiz sitting on top of it.
 10-18-2011, 11:34 PM         #228
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
Yeah it is obvious that Google heavily optimized ICS for the OMAP processor. Probably the reason they pushed for it to be used even though it is not brand new. I am sure optimizations will be made for the other processors, question is will they be as fast as the Galaxy Nexus's optimizations.

If you do not plan to root your phone, I suggest you get the Galaxy Nexus over the GSII. GSII uses TouchWiz. Any updates to ICS might also include TouchWiz. Stock ICS will be faster than ICS with TouchWiz sitting on top of it.
Seriously I'm not even in any rush to get to root this phone at all once I get it. Also regarding the 540 while it is a very old GPU it was also very much ahead of it's time. As you can see with the Optimus 3D it performs neck and neck with the Mali-400 that's in the GS2. And I expect Google to really get everything out of it.
 10-18-2011, 11:38 PM         #229
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

After reading about the presentation (I have yet to watch it), I see that Duarte and the Android team finally gets it. Moreso they get it in a way that I appreciate. I feel that the overall design of Android was lackluster and unattractive. Duarte spoke at length about this and showed everyone how Ice Cream Sandwich is the next evolution of Android.

It's interesting because I think I understand both sides of what finishim and Andhily is talking about regarding facial recognition and NFC. I think while these are two technologies that aren't mainstream, Android is trying to make them mainstream and I appreciate that. I think NFC has great potential in more than just purchases as we use forms of NFC for tickets, purchases at Starbucks and boarding passes already in this country, imagine if we used NFC for Subway passes, Parking Meter Cards, Charitable Donations, etc? I think the idea of NFC is gaining steam. Why f!ght it?

I like that Android developed it's own typeface for high definition screens. I think the OS itself does look better, but I'm failing to see the "soul" of Ice Cream Sandwich. I saw where Duarte dismissed Microsoft's design constraints because he wants Apps to have freedom, however I think quality control is important. Nevertheless, I think this is a positive step forward for Android. The Prime looks great too.
 10-18-2011, 11:38 PM         #230
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andhily said:
Seriously I'm not even in any rush to get to root this phone at all once I get it. Also regarding the 540 while it is a very old GPU it was also very much ahead of it's time. As you can see with the Optimus 3D it performs neck and neck with the Mali-400 that's in the GS2. And I expect Google to really get everything out of it.
I root all my phones, I am definitely rooting the Galaxy Nexus if I get the phone. Why run the processor at 1.2Ghz when you can run it at 1.5Ghz or more? If battery life does not decrease much with overclocking, I am definitely going to overclock it. My G2 is still running great thanks to rooting and overclocking.
 10-18-2011, 11:42 PM         #231
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:

[pic - click to view]

After reading about the presentation (I have yet to watch it), I see that Duarte and the Android team finally gets it. Moreso they get it in a way that I appreciate. I feel that the overall design of Android was lackluster and unattractive. Duarte spoke at length about this and showed everyone how Ice Cream Sandwich is the next evolution of Android.

It's interesting because I think I understand both sides of what finishim and Andhily is talking about regarding facial recognition and NFC. I think while these are two technologies that aren't mainstream, Android is trying to make them mainstream and I appreciate that. I think NFC has great potential in more than just purchases as we use forms of NFC for tickets, purchases at Starbucks and boarding passes already in this country, imagine if we used NFC for Subway passes, Parking Meter Cards, Charitable Donations, etc? I think the idea of NFC is gaining steam. Why f!ght it?

I like that Android developed it's own typeface for high definition screens. I think the OS itself does look better, but I'm failing to see the "soul" of Ice Cream Sandwich. I saw where Duarte dismissed Microsoft's design constraints because he wants Apps to have freedom, however I think quality control is important. Nevertheless, I think this is a positive step forward for Android. The Prime looks great too.
NFC has the potential to be huge. I really hope it ramps up real soon. Makes everything a lot more convenient.

Like I have said before, Android OS is only going to get better and better. It is here to stay. The complaints that people had before are fading out.

Last edited by xeduran; 10-18-2011 at 11:45 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #232
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,614 | Props total: 13672 13672
 P-Hill said:
what I think finishim is looking for is a revolution rather than an evolution...

Holographic keyboard that lets u play with digital images in the air

Infrared laser lights that let you point at people to add them to your contacts list

etc
Been had that n*gga.

*PostedFromMyDesktopWithAni56ProcessorAnd48TBsOfRa m*
 10-18-2011, 11:44 PM         #233
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
I root all my phones, I am definitely rooting the Galaxy Nexus if I get the phone. Why run the processor at 1.2Ghz when you can run it at 1.5Ghz or more? If battery life does not decrease much with overclocking, I am definitely going to overclock it. My G2 is still running great thanks to rooting and overclocking.
I know that I will definitely root it, but my point is this is like the real deal as an OS. I'm not buying it to root it, and I'm not buying it to rom it.

You get what I'm saying like they really outdid themselves with this one.
 6 years ago '05        #234
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Andhily said:
Sprint is getting the damn phone dude calm down lol
How do you know?
 10-18-2011, 11:48 PM         #235
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andhily said:
I know that I will definitely root it, but my point is this is like the real deal as an OS. I'm not buying it to root it, and I'm not buying it to rom it.

You get what I'm saying like they really outdid themselves with this one.
Most definitely. I may need to change the ROM depending on what Verizon does with the phone. If I can tether fairly easy without problems on Verizon then I am good. I am definitely removing their bloatware though. IMO Android OS should only be offered in its Vanilla flavor. TouchWiz, Sense, and MotoBlur need to be eliminated. Especially now that ICS looks very nice.
 6 years ago '05        #236
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 DesertEagle said:

[pic - click to view]

What is this voice control local nonsense? Can you ask questions and it replies with an answer or search for music on your phone instead of pandora or last.fm, etc?

Edit: WP7 for the loss.

Last edited by Y.G.; 10-18-2011 at 11:57 PM..
 10-18-2011, 11:53 PM         #237
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:
How do you know?
Black_Man_X on twitter basically said that every carrier is going to have a Nexus.. plus Nexus devices aren't made to be carrier specific.. I just don't really see a way that Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T pick up this phone and Sprint doesn't.

Xeu, it shouldn't have any bloatware on it at all since it's a Nexus device. System Dump has already been posted over @ Mydroidworld.
 10-18-2011, 11:56 PM         #238
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andhily said:
Black_Man_X on twitter basically said that every carrier is going to have a Nexus.. plus Nexus devices aren't made to be carrier specific.. I just don't really see a way that Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T pick up this phone and Sprint doesn't.

Xeu, it shouldn't have any bloatware on it at all since it's a Nexus device. System Dump has already been posted over @ Mydroidworld.
I hope so, I just know how Verizon is with their phones.
 10-18-2011, 11:59 PM         #239
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:
What is this voice control local nonsense? Can you ask questions and it replies with an answer or search for music on your phone instead of pandora or last.fm, etc?

Edit: WP7 for the loss.
Additional voice commands were added for like voice to text and such. Just more voice commands. I am sure more will be explained about that later on.
 10-19-2011, 12:00 AM         #240
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like the fact that you can delete any software you want off of it, including the stock browser. Whenever Chrome gets released, you could make that the default browser like it should have been.

I'm still not making the leap to Android until Samsung calls my bluff and releases the Samsung Note in America.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy