Amare Stoudemire says players may start their own league..

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
137 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #61
mcruz 2 heat pts
space
space
$562 | Props total: 0 0
This just shows you how greedy the players are. People keep mentioning "yeah they have millions of dollars so they can start their own league" well why not just take the 50/50 split then. Creating your own league isn't as easy as everyone thinks plus that will take forever. It's unfair that these superstars are only thinking of themselves while role players and lower market teams are suffering the most.
 6 years ago '04        #62
Yd4001 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,367 | Props total: 727 727
Bill simmons had an article about this not even last week. were they proposed something just like this at Grantland.com. Can i post their article mods?
 10-12-2011, 10:53 AM         #63
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

I need my NBA money
 6 years ago '04        #64
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,303 | Props total: 11325 11325
end of the day the owners are losing money they are losing stock and without players they aint making money so all the maintenance fees for the building is going to waste...

the owners need to meet in the middle with the players
 6 years ago '06        #65
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
:lachen001:
 6 years ago '07        #66
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,475 | Props total: 6040 6040
this guy has got to be one of the biggest idiots in the league. everytime he opens his mouth he makes himself seem dumber and dumber.

he seriously believes he's an intelligent person.
 10-12-2011, 11:30 AM         #67
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
this guy has got to be one of the biggest idiots in the league. everytime he opens his mouth he makes himself seem dumber and dumber.

he seriously believes he's an intelligent person.
what do you expect

most of them are all fu*king idiots
 6 years ago '05        #68
The Dauqs 
space
space
space
$366 | Props total: 0 0
I hinted at this in one of the other threads. If the lockout lasts the whole season or more, the plan will be set in motion. The talks about this weren't started by the players. There are people (billionaires) and corporations waiting and willing to back this. You think Nike and other companies are going to sit back and watch the NBA fu*k with their money? Why do you think Kobe's and Lebron's next shoe prices are shooting up to $200+? They are getting the investors to make this happen, if you want to believe it or not. Right now it's a watch and see thing ( in regards to labor talks). But if the whole season is lost and possibly more, it will be set in motion.
 6 years ago '04        #69
ant30ant33 214 heat pts214
space
space
space
$11,813 | Props total: 4783 4783
Nike got enough money to start their own league and they can get sponsors...
 6 years ago '06        #70
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
 RAZAH CUTS said:
ppl are acting like what he said was dumb, but really it was the most original and intelligent thing an NBA player has said in a loooong time..

they get paid nicely for what they do, but they don't own sh*t, they still workin for the man..still operating within his system... why not try and get somethin of their own? Why not try and move forward? Why not?
It's not smart! Who would run it? Some would have to put their egos to the side....and that's no easy task
 6 years ago '06        #71
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
No new leauges. .just would be a glorified semi pro team leauge at best. Better off going overseas...no taxes!
 6 years ago '06        #72
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 ant30ant33 said:
Nike got enough money to start their own league and they can get sponsors...

Read between the lines. Amare isn't saying because they're really going to do it. The players are going to secede from a league where the scrubs are making anywhere between 1-5 million per year??? The players are living a heavenly financial existence but it's not good business to give your employer anything up front, they're not just going to give back money because the owners decide to lock them out, it's just a horrible precedent to start in the first place.

All they're doing right now is just showing a united front and doing their best not to buckle. People like Lebron/Amare are just making an attempt to stay in the public eye and try to get the public on the side of the players by making it seem like this is such a huge injustice.
 6 years ago '09        #73
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
This all sounds good but it's a whole different ballgame when you have to act upon these ideas. There's way too much needed to back a league and they don't have anywhere near that kind of money collectively. Plus, players are a selfish bunch by nature. Why would they want to spend what little money they have(by rich people standards) trying to jumpstart a league when that league isn't intended to play forever. I don't think they would get a lot of players saying I'll throw my dollars in or sponsors who are looking to just throw money away.

Last edited by That Guy Fly; 10-12-2011 at 03:02 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #74
Jnunez21 
space
space
$1,005 | Props total: 8 8
 Dee Grande said:
it doesn't have to be NBA scale. they could do it TNA style, where they just post up in one location (save money on travel and whatnot). maybe NY or LA. do a doubleheader once a week or something. and i doubt they'd have any trouble with sponsors and tv coverage

it wont make em rich right off the bat or anything, but it's a start
well said.... and i think sh*t will get going fast and they could def make big bucks very soon
 10-12-2011, 01:35 PM         #75
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
too many retards here

way too many
 6 years ago '04        #76
kingcrump 1 heat pts
space
space
$940 | Props total: 0 0
I read most of the posts in here, some made sense others not so much.

People talkin bout replacement players as if that's an issue, in 99 it may have been, but now, due to technology, we have access to ANY MEDIA WE WANT TO WATCH. So if they had a touring league like And 1 did, we could see every game.

The NBA isn't like the NFL in terms of what you pay to see, in the NBA you pay to see the STARS. Imagine if the Heat and Lakers were playing, but Kobe, Wade, Bron, Bosh etc. were injured, nobody would watch the game. Now magnify that in a league with no stars, nobody's watching.

THINK ABA AND NBA in the 70's. I doubt this happens, but it is a possibility.
 6 years ago '04        #77
Bizarreagain 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,173 | Props total: 8 8
Tom Gores the owner of the Pistons owns the Palace so Im sure other owners own stadiums too. Not all but some do.
 6 years ago '07        #78
Dicemoney6 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,936 | Props total: 619 619
Yea this could def be a good move if they act on it. I tried to say rappers should do the same thing with radio stations and record labels but a lot of these dudes might be to selfish. For everyone saying what about money, I really doubt money would be an issue, they just have to act on it and stop waiting around. The players do all of the work anyway, people want to see the players not the owners so wherever majority of the stars go, there will be alot of money made. And for the bench players, you think they wouldn't have open tryouts... there are a lot of college and ex college ballers that could have made it to the league and would play for a lower amount. I don't understand how everybody thinks this is a bad idea
 6 years ago '06        #79
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
it could work, but it'll never even get close to really trying
 6 years ago '05        #80
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,986 | Props total: 1312 1312
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
96 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
19 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy