Amare Stoudemire says players may start their own league..

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
85 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
269 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #41
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 WiLL i AM said:
the dot head wants to be right so fu*kin bad its hilarious

tell your family my lawn needs to be cut

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #42
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 kingpin222 said:
imagine they couldn't start their own league. Could do some ill sh*t with only like 8-12 teams. Base it out of like 4 spots, LA, New York, Chicago and Boston. 3 or 4 nights a week. One week in LA, New York etc. ESPN shows bowling and streetball you think they wouldn't pick this up? You could have a crazy fantasy draft w/ like Lebron, Wade, Melo, Kobe, Durant, STAT etc picking players. It'd be a crazy league, who wouldn't watch that? Teams could even have house shows with less popular players like a d-league so everyone eats. It wouldn't cost much to rent out the places, they'd make all that $$ back through ESPN and such. Get Nike to sponsor the uniforms. You can get OG players and celebrities to coach the teams.
why do all that when you can make more money doing the 50/50 deal...
 6 years ago '04        #43
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 AriGold said:
Time out

So n*ggas really think that if Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Melo and any other NBA superstar walked into a bank together...they wouldn't be able to come out of that bank with a loan that would allow them to start their own league? Have Magic Johnson lead all negotiations for the deal with the bank and I guarantee they would be able to do it.

n*ggas got cake nowadays and the money they borrow from the bank would be paid back in 2 years or less.

I side with the owers on the lockout but this is the best idea the players have had.

On a side note..I hope Jay Z gets caught talking to an NBA player in a club and the Nets lose their draft pick next year. Sucka a.ss n*gga......
jesus christ man. is this really what you think or you trolling? please dont tell me youre this stupid.

a bunch of basketball players walk into a bank and ask for a multi-billion dollar loan?

id personally love to see the business plan for that.
 6 years ago '06        #44
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
Nets won. Lets make a league.. We can put a billy, maybe two billy down for this, prok got 18 bil anyway..

We gonna have all these NBA superstar n*ggas line up while we pick who we want on our squad.. like back at school..
 10-12-2011, 02:40 AM         #45
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1 or 2 years? Let's hope not
 6 years ago '09        #46
kmoney626 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 28 28
"If we don't go to Europe, then let's start our own league; that's how I see it," the 6-foot-11 forward/center said.
 6 years ago '04        #47
mistatnn 
space
space
$5,466 | Props total: 2953 2953
They could play in college gyms. Or what about use football fields and just put a floor down on the field. Would have to be a indoor field....I doubt this will even come close to happening since one side will eventually beak
 6 years ago '06        #48
1OverJordan24 131 heat pts131
space
space
$3,958 | Props total: 1086 1086
Ymca basketball

3 - 2 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 60% 161 (+1) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 4-0, Rank #161 | Aug 15: 32-19, Rank #124 | Aug 14: 101-70, Rank #82 | Aug 13: 256-138, Rank #15 | Aug 12: 5-1, Rank #196 | Aug 10: 9-5, Rank #260 | Aug 08: 1-0, Rank #1023 *
 10-12-2011, 03:24 AM         #49
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn man, and i get called dumb

some of you n*ggaz are out of your fu*king minds
 6 years ago '06        #50
kobe24mvp07 
space
space
$996 | Props total: 2 2
This would be nice but it probably won't happen with bench players knowing they won't get money elsewhere will sign the NBA deal that's 7bench to the 5starters and some starters would agree knowing they don't wanna play overseas and not risk if they can make an 8 team league that the best players will be majority owners.
 6 years ago '04        #51
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,876 | Props total: 17416 17416

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #52
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4825 4825
 kingpin222 said:
Also I know Cablevision owns MSG and they could probably get a TV/Arena deal through them.
james dolan owns cable vision and msg
 6 years ago '04        #53
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$19,025 | Props total: 4655 4655
Dont let Massa Hear You Talking Like that Amare. Us Field n*ggaz got it good in the NBA. Massa Feed Us, Clothes us, Gives us Shelter. Y you wanna go start a League of your Own.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #54
mistabeecee41 16 heat pts16
space
space
$599 | Props total: 207 207
 TheGame4705 said:
and where the fu*k he think they gonna play.. in highschools and college campuses would be the only choice as the stadiums are owned by the owners.
A good amount of the stadiums are hockey arenas converted into a court on game day and are rented by NBA team owners. But the players don't have the capital to start a league on their own unless they get some venture capital.

Both sides are only hurting themselves. They should be capitalizing on the NBA's recent stardom and popularity.

Last edited by mistabeecee41; 10-12-2011 at 08:14 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #55
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
been saying this

if the players REALLY think they deserve majority share of the profits, then they should say fu*k the owners, pool their money together, get capital from outside sources and investors and start a new league...they'll quickly realize why the owners hold so much power
 6 years ago '04        #56
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
and the majority of the ideas in this thread are so beyond idiotic, I pray that most of you never handle anyone elses money for the duration of your life...ya'll have no idea how big of a machine a professional sport is...and apparently neither do the players
 6 years ago '04        #57
Pichito25 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,182 | Props total: 59 59
 Tommy_Bunz said:
how many NBA players knows business in general though? not saying some haven't took business classes in college I'm sure the majority of them don't know business inside and out, if starting your own sh*t was easy everybody would be doing it, doesn't matter if you have the money to start your own sh*t, that's only the half, you still have to know about the paper work and starting the sh*t up.....of course you can get help on that end but that's going to cost some serious cheese, no one is going to help someone with some serious money for free to start up a business (in this case your own league), and hell they might want to become business partners as well, so now you gotta split the profits with another person or persons because it might take more than one person to help you start up a business.
you would be surprised how many all ready own businesses...not to mention the vets and retired players. plus....im sure they would hire the right people to do the right things...just like any other biz
 10-12-2011, 09:05 AM         #58
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dextromethorphan said:
fans don't care.....didn't even get a trending topic on twitter
So twitter is the voice of all fans now?? What about the humans that don't fu*k with the bullsh*t?

You digital n*ggas are fu*kin wierdos fam.
 6 years ago '04        #59
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,164 | Props total: 9593 9593
 palogee said:
So twitter is the voice of all fans now?? What about the humans that don't fu*k with the bullsh*t?

You digital n*ggas are fu*kin wierdos fam.
I'm screamin
 6 years ago '08        #60
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
i dont mean this to be disrespectful but most of u guys have no idea about business. this would practically be impossible in the near future. the nba is a full fucntioning financial juggernaut with more going on than a bunch of n*ggas dribbling a ball for some money. theres staffing, dividends, funding, venues, promotion, television contracts, liabilities, and so many other things going on. not to mention, who would spearhead the movement? all im saying is that the financial outlook is on a massive scale and that the planning would take many and many more years to fully develop.

Last edited by arthurmack27; 10-12-2011 at 02:53 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy