most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #1
5805 pageviews
45 comments

peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,113 | Props total: 1273 1273
Aaron Rodgers' brother is QB possiblity against UGA

[pic - click to view]

By Tim Tucker

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

ATHENS –- While the Falcons have seen quite enough of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Georgia might get a look at the NFL player's younger brother in Saturday's game at Vanderbilt.

Junior-college transfer Jordan Rodgers will compete with senior Larry Smith for Vanderbilt's starting quarterback job in practice this week, Commodores coach James Franklin said Monday.

Smith, who has started 25 games over the past 2 ˝ seasons, left last week's game at Alabama in the first quarter with an ankle injury. Rodgers played the rest of the game, though Franklin said afterward that Smith could have returned.

Asked whether Smith or Rodgers will start against Georgia, "We're going to determine that this week and have a competition and kind of see," Franklin said at his weekly news conference in Nashville.

Rodgers, who at 23 is four years younger than his famous brother, redshirted last season after transferring to Vanderbilt from Butte College in California. He underwent shoulder surgery in November.

Rodgers has relieved Smith in each of Vanderbilt's five games this season, getting his most extensive playing time in the 34-0 loss to Alabama. He completed 11 of 18 passes for 104 yards against the Tide but threw two interceptions. He ran four times for 23 yards.

"I thought Jordan played extremely well in the first half," Franklin said. "I don't think he played as well as he would have liked to play or we would have liked him to play in the second half."

Honors for Gilliard

Michael Gilliard had not started a game in two-plus seasons in Georgia's football program until injuries to Alec Ogletree and Christian Robinson put him into the lineup at inside linebacker last month. He has made the most of the opportunity, leading the Bulldogs in tackles in each of the past four games.

Gilliard had his finest game yet in Saturday's 20-12 victory at Tennessee, and on Monday he received two accolades for the performance: He was named the SEC's defensive player of the week and the College Football Performance Awards' national linebacker of the week.

Gilliard recorded a career-high 12 tackles against the Vols, including a sack (for minus-14 yards), and had a forced fumble, two quarterback hurries and a pass breakup.

"For him to get that player of the week honor, I'm happy for him ... because I know the work he has put in and the time he has invested," Robinson said Monday night. "And people were doubting him."

Said cornerback Brandon Boykin, "Like Coach [Todd] Grantham says, injuries create opportunities for other people. [Gilliard] got in the game, and he's been doing great. It adds a lot more depth for us as a defense."

Robinson has played in the past two games after missing the previous two with a foot injury, and Ogletree, who suffered a broken foot in the season opener, is expected back Oct. 29 against Florida. "I can't wait 'til Tree gets back," Robinson said. "He's getting ready."

Etc.

Placekicker Blair Walsh was named the SEC's special teams player of the week after making both of his field-goal attempts at Tennessee. ... Vanderbilt has something that none of Georgia's past three opponents can claim: a victory over an SEC opponent this season. While Georgia's past three opponents, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Tennessee, are a combined 0-7 in SEC games, Vanderbilt is 1-2, having won its league opener against Ole Miss. ... Georgia reached the halfway point of the regular season with a 4-2 record, marking the first time in three years the Bulldogs have been above .500 at midseason. They were 3-3 at this point in 2009 and 2-4 last season. ... On Georgia's latest depth chart posted Monday, Marlon Brown and Michael Bennett are listed as equal options to start at wide receiver in place of Malcolm Mitchell, sidelined this week with a pulled hamstring. Tavarres King is the starter at the other wide-receiver spot.

[pic - click to view]

Aaron Rodgers' brother is QB possiblity against UGA *| ajc.com

This should be fun......coaches are like "the way his brother is k!lling Atlanta this cant hurt!"

45 comments for "Aaron Rodgers' brother is QB possiblity against UGA"

6 years ago '06        #2
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,618 | Props total: 8926 8926
NIce. ^ he can develop and be bigger and better.hope u dont get the peyton to eli treatment :(
 10-11-2011, 09:11 AM         #3
Little Dice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why do the younger siblings always suck?
 6 years ago '07        #4
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
oh no, not another jordan palmer
 6 years ago '10        #5
peeyump 15 heat pts15 OP
space
space
 Little Dice said:
why do the younger siblings always suck?

I disagree......usually the younger brother is better due to the fact that he has been exposed to the game earlier because of the older brother. Perfect example is youth football......if you look at the players on teams the better players usually have an older brother that plays the game. Now the problem is when that older brother makes it to the league and is a good or great player WE start having high expectations of that younger brother. Its hard to live up to hype. You can look at guys who have brothers in the league where the older brother is average..........Laron Landry....doesnt get the that older brother hype cause is older brother is average. Even though they twins look at Devin McCourty....his brother average so there was no hype. Rob Gronkowski......another good example.

If you remember even Peyton's dad said Eli was better. Everyone used to say Marcus was better than Michael Vick.

Best hitters on my boys football team have older brothers that play......actually all of the "better" kids on the team have older brothers that play.
 6 years ago '10        #6
peeyump 15 heat pts15 OP
space
space
 jordanfreak7 said:
oh no, not another jordan palmer
P. Rivers got a brother in college right now too lol
 6 years ago '09        #7
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170

he's bout to get fu*kkkkkkkkkkkkkkked up then

5-2 we're coming back
 6 years ago '05        #8
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,969 | Props total: 10913 10913
 peeyump said:
P. Rivers got a brother in college right now too lol
David Carr also has a lil brother at fresno st. I think his name is Derrick Carr.

48 - 18 STRK: 3 w in a row WIN PCT: 72% 41 (-3) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 20-14, Rank #101 | Aug 16: 163-114, Rank #57 | Aug 15: 638-305, Rank #25 | Aug 14: 350-224, Rank #32 | Aug 13: 442-331, Rank #18 | Aug 12: 1015-657, Rank #9 | Aug 11: 2019-1239, Rank #4 | Aug 10: 1992-1221, Rank #6 | Aug 09: 767-342, Rank #8 *
 6 years ago '10        #9
peeyump 15 heat pts15 OP
space
space
 Sivraj said:
David Carr also has a lil brother at fresno st. I think his name is Derrick Carr.
that kid will have 0 pressure then.....might be the next great QB

looks just like David

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #10
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
Living off his brothers name like Casey did with Clay.
 6 years ago '10        #11
peeyump 15 heat pts15 OP
space
space
P Rivers brother looks like death

[pic - click to view]

n*gga look like a meth head taking a mug shot
 6 years ago '10        #12
peeyump 15 heat pts15 OP
space
space
and tell me little Rodgers dont look like Aaron and Big Ben had a kid together

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #13
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
his other brother is way hotter
 6 years ago '04        #14
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
 finishim said:
his other brother is way hotter
 6 years ago '04        #15
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 e G o Maniac said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #16
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,798 | Props total: 14598 14598
Jordan kind of sucks.
 6 years ago '08        #17
Dunknown24 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,022 | Props total: 720 720
I've been waiting for him to get his chance
I went to Butte with him, didn't see any "Aaron" in him tho.
Then again neither did recruiters when aaron was at butte
Either way, I'm rooting for him.
Is this game nationally televised?
 6 years ago '07        #18
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,798 | Props total: 14598 14598
 Dunknown24 said:
I've been waiting for him to get his chance
I went to Butte with him, didn't see any "Aaron" in him tho.
Then again neither did recruiters when aaron was at butte
Either way, I'm rooting for him.
Is this game nationally televised?
Vandy?

Probably will be on the SEC network, the real one, not ESPN. Aaron went to Cal, better coaches than Vandy. I didn't really think Jordan was that good but then again he was going against Alabama's defense .
 6 years ago '10        #19
peeyump 15 heat pts15 OP
space
space
I think its broadcasted on ESPN this weekend....not sure though.
 6 years ago '09        #20
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
finishim is a f*ggot
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
54 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
84 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
83 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy