No resolution of NBA Lockout.. First two weeks of NBA season Cancelled

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
162 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #161
Mike Watts 
space
space
$1,046 | Props total: 42 42
 nitetrain8601 said:
Players asked for 5-7 million more on average for contracts. What the fu*k are you talking about not asking for more? Berger, I believe is the one who tweeted it and I posted it on here.

And also, again, players want more of the share. That ain't happening in this economy. It worked last time because the economy was strong. This time it won't because so many teams are losing money. Top tier teams are clouding the numbers because of the fact they make a ton of cash, while more teams are losing money. Some players and fans are saying, contract those teams, but when the players lose their jobs and have no where else to go, then they'll start bi*ching then too.

Fact is, this lockout is on the players. I hate Stern. Despise the man and think he's the most overrated commish in the league and I've said that several times. At the same time, this one isn't on him.
Who are you getting your info from? How do the players want more of the share, yet they are willing to drop from 57% of the BRI to 53%? Wouldn't that be losing money? The players obviously don't mind taking a paycut because that was never an issue, they just don't want to get r*ped in the deal. Are they really that wrong for that?

The lockout is not just on the players. It's not even just on the owners. It's on both sides for not being able to reach a mutual agreement, and that's pretty much the bottom line of it. It's nothing more, nothing less.
 6 years ago '08        #162
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17251 17251
You know what can fix this?, if they see the fans saying we are boycotting the NBA, I am surprised no group has stand up representing the fans.
 6 years ago '07        #163
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 6 years ago '04        #164
1nonly 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,459 | Props total: 1239 1239
The real problem nobody talks about is the revenue sharing system between NBA teams themselves.

The players asked the owners to review that system but they just flat our refused and just want money back from players.

The revenue sharing systems in baseball and football are much better especially in baseball. That's how garbage teams like Marlins who are a classic example still profit each year.

The same way top players are manipulating lesser players to sit and wait, the top organizations like Lakers, Dallas, New York, etc have the teams losing money 100% focused on the players and paying no attention to out dated revenue sharing system.

It's a lot more info out there. Google NBA revenue sharing and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Also Fisher is 100% right, this can't be the player's fault. This is a lockout, not a strike.
 6 years ago '06        #165
smoothlikebutta 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,618 | Props total: 1756 1756
football will only hold us over til february
 6 years ago '04        #166
Claudinho69 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,018 | Props total: 2056 2056
 Johnny Tapwater said:
*waits for college basketball*
hell ye there everybody gets paid except the players
 6 years ago '10        #167
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,617 | Props total: 30598 30598
 JuElz CaM said:
u wanna pay to see the knicks loose?
n*gga said LOOSE go commit that suicide n*gga
 10-11-2011, 02:09 PM         #168
slimshady5191 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dammmm
 6 years ago '05        #169
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,083 | Props total: 6981 6981
at the end of the day these dumb a.ss players dont know Stern is gettin the last laugh....they just need to shut the fu*k up, take a little cut n pay n get back on the court.....they already gettin paid to play fu*kin basketball....greedy f*ggots......
 6 years ago '05        #170
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,083 | Props total: 6981 6981
add in the fact what most these dumb a.ss players spend they money on....they will be bankrupt in 2 years.
 6 years ago '04        #171
Pichito25 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,182 | Props total: 59 59
I side with the players!

They negotiated a good deal...now the owners getting greedy!

I don't fell sorry for billionaire owners.....one of their many investments isn't turning as big a profit as they bargained for last year??? %57-%43 is great for the players who are the main event!

even 60-40 is fair since the players do the actual work....but there is no way that the players should agree to any deal that would take them below %50!
 6 years ago '04        #172
Pichito25 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,182 | Props total: 59 59
and why the hate for stern?....did have a choice in canceling games?...They didn't come to an agreement yet!!!!
 6 years ago '09        #173
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,427 | Props total: 12368 12368
 Pichito25 said:
I side with the players!

They negotiated a good deal...now the owners getting greedy!

I don't fell sorry for billionaire owners.....one of their many investments isn't turning as big a profit as they bargained for last year??? %57-%43 is great for the players who are the main event!

even 60-40 is fair since the players do the actual work....but there is no way that the players should agree to any deal that would take them below %50!
You do understand under the current model or even giving the players 53% the owners still wont turn a profit? I understand most owners don't expect to make a k!lling off of their NBA teams but if the economy stays down then eventually the majority of teams will fold because they are shelling out more money a year than they get back in with the majority of what they shell out going to players. Players haven't felt the economy problem hit them in the wallet at all, now is that time.
Owners feel like we have lost money but the players never missed a check due to the economy so why the fu*k should I keep struggling with my business while you eat. Players are doing what any of us would do and thats get as much money as they can and not give one dime back which is understandable but if you want to take that stance be prepared for the fallout.
 6 years ago '08        #174
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,733 | Props total: 11628 11628
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Union chief Billy Hunter will meet with NBA players in LA on Friday afternoon, sources say
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
43 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
184 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
97 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy