Oct 9 - Herman Cain: 'Racism In This Country Today' Doesn't Hold 'Anybody Back In A Big Way'

most viewed right now
 89
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 88
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
85 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 70
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 53
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
20 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #121
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,823 | Props total: 191 191
His point is that people, mainly black people who live in both urban and rural environments (hence the word geography) dont have the education to be successful. I understand his argument. But heres why its messed up, kids who dont go to school or who grow up in a community where the education system is sh*tty they are automatically not given a "fair shake". Young minority kids that are not in those stressful environments are more often better off. Not saying that minorities in the urban or rural areas cannot be successful, but if you look at society as a whole the numbers take a more realistic perspective that Cain points out. Black people need to understand why it is important to go get a decent simple education point blank its not about Republicans or Democrats. Life is simple we use math,science and language everyday of existence make the most of it
 10-11-2011, 11:57 AM         #122
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
  1.  VerballyAbusive said:
    That's also why the introduction of crack cocaine into the inncer cities is no big deal...It helps keep the American Way.
  2. Slavery
  3. Jim Crow
  4. Cointelpro
  5. Crack
  6. Three-Fifths Compromise
  7. "War on drugs"
  8. Sub-par education system (the school system crisis in Memphis, TN is proof)
  9. (partially) media propaganda


Pretty much all these things have lead to the predicament african americans are facing todays and will continue to impact us. But slowly all these things is starting to apply to the american citizen in general.
 6 years ago '04        #123
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
at what this thread turned into. Blacks vs. Blacks.
 6 years ago '10        #124
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Tsukuyomi said:
He's right. I ain't a fan of the guy. He has said some pretty stupid sh*t in the past but he is right on this issue. You stupid bi*ches are just angry and you get angry whenever someone says the truth. Bill Cosby said his sh*t, bam, controversy and you all blast him. Even though none of what he said was wrong.
 Mullany S said:
thats why black people are so hateful. you hate on the Asians for been successful, you hate on the middle easterners for been successful, you hate or Mexicans for been successful and you continue to hate on Africans for been successful. when will blacks take blame for themselves. racism exist in this country but immigrants get discriminated twice but you don't see us complaining.



I really don't get it either. Its this weird sense of entitlement that African Americans have. In this country NO group of people is given the same advantages as White, Protestant males. But EVERYBODY else is willing to put in the extra work it takes to get on top. With the exception (for the most part) being African Americans..


Then when People like Bill Cosby, or Jessy Jackson call n*ggas out on it, they wanna point the finger at them and call the "Uncle Tom" this and that.

No group of people is worse at taking constructive criticism than African Americans. Thats why they have such a hard time bettering themselves as a whole.
 6 years ago '10        #125
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$21,113 | Props total: 1273 1273
Funniest thing this n*gga said was "Poor people......learn how to get rich!"
 6 years ago '08        #126
eddyman11 
space
avatar space
space
$126 | Props total: 16 16
HEs failing to realize that racism is institutionalized and embedded into our culture and society. We are still suffering the effects of years of racism and poverty that lead to poor school systems, disproportionally less opportunities for blacks then whites. The proof is in the pudding. this situation took generations to create and will take some time to remedy also. I just hope this IDIOT doesnt draw voter to the rep party and away from obama
 6 years ago '05        #127
Wally Vegas 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$1,505 | Props total: 96 96
I appreciate this dialogue as both sides have valid points.
 6 years ago '04        #128
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,467 | Props total: 293 293
 TheMindOf said:



I really don't get it either. Its this weird sense of entitlement that African Americans have. In this country NO group of people is given the same advantages as White, Protestant males. But EVERYBODY else is willing to put in the extra work it takes to get on top. With the exception (for the most part) being African Americans..
What? Do you know what the civil rights movement is? Do you know how many black people died just to be able to drink out the same water fountain as whites? We put in extra effort just to get "equal" rights. So what the fu*k is your stupid a.ss talking about?
 6 years ago '04        #129
The S-Word 
space
avatar space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 1300 1300
 TheMindOf said:
Cuz "African Americans" are lazy by nature.. For the most part They dont wanna go to school. They wanna live in the hood and sell drugs and raise kids.. They dont think its cool to be smart. They think the smartest way to get rich is by rapping, or being a pro athlete. Not college or working hard. Real Rap

Africans on the other hand are used to working hard. From the time they come to this country they are at a disadvantage. So they have to work hard for everything. Hard work is the key to 90% of success.

"African Americans" dont think being smart is "Cool" thats why they deal with what they deal with
...So the few 'African Americans' you know or have been around are a representative sample of every 'African-American' in existence? I'm going to put my education and tact to the side to say this: Get the fu*k outta here with that bullsh!t.

That's the problem with stupid people (Like yourself) and their equally stupid stereotypes/generalizations about entire groups of people--You think that your opinion(s) matter(s) to the point that you can make generalizations about millions of people you don't and will never know based on the few you do, yet you have the nerve to call someone else stupid and 'lazy by nature?'

An equally large problem is how so many of you self-important, deluded Africans spend an inordinate amount of time denigrating blacks in America under the unspoken but obvious deluded belief that attempting to separate yourselves from 'them' will curry favor with whites and other non-black 'Minorities' who hate you no more or less than blacks in America regardless (You and those like you must've missed that Memo).

And I won't even mention the fact that, for all of your education and 'hard work,' you all (Both Africans like you and your family and ones who don't subscribe to your bullsh!t) are (Often willingly) taught English from birth, come over here to attend college, and often stay (Despite the fact that your so-called 'talents' are clearly needed in your various home countries), yet you wanna talk sh!t about us? Again, fu*k outta here with that bullsh!t.

A **** is a ****, whether descended from slaves or not...
 6 years ago '10        #130
drwilso87 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$461 | Props total: 0 0
 Mullany S said:
yes it isnt there anymore in 2011. hence everybody is complaining but blacks complain the most.
So your parents are from Africa, but you feel that blacks from America are inferior?

The problem is not so much racism as it is rich vs poor. This country in past did everything it could to try to keep black people on the lower level of America's economic status. The effects of that are pretty much what you see today, with black people making up 12.6%( people in America you have to understand why it seems that all black people are poor.
Today there are more midle class and rich black people in America than ever, but it will still take a while before black people will be able to see the same type of prosperity as white people in America.

Believe it or not there are just as many other white poor people as it is blacks numbers wise, but the hate mongers only tell you percentage numbers. This way people will stay busy bickering instead of focusing on real issues. Now if you have poor whites getting because of things like affirmative action and blacks mad because they are not seeing anything but poor blacks you get hate, confusion, and anarchy making it easy to keep the poor folks under control.
 6 years ago '04        #131
brooklonsfinest 
space
avatar space
space
$1,380 | Props total: 51 51
Godfather's Pizza / thread
 6 years ago '04        #132
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,467 | Props total: 293 293
 drwilso87 said:
So your parents are from Africa, but you feel that blacks from America are inferior?

The problem is not so much racism as it is rich vs poor. This country in past did everything it could to try to keep black people on the lower level of America's economic status. The effects of that are pretty much what you see today, with black people making up 12.6%( people in America you have to understand why it seems that all black people are poor.
Today there are more midle class and rich black people in America than ever, but it will still take a while before black people will be able to see the same type of prosperity as white people in America.

Believe it or not there are just as many other white poor people as it is blacks numbers wise, but the hate mongers only tell you percentage numbers. This way people will stay busy bickering instead of focusing on real issues. Now if you have poor whites getting because of things like affirmative action and blacks mad because they are not seeing anything but poor blacks you get hate, confusion, and anarchy making it easy to keep the poor folks under control.
:agreement6:. And it sucks that capitalism is our worst enemy and makes it even more difficult for minories, especially blacks to rise up.

For instance, now look at how these "for profit" institutions legally prey on those disadvantaged youth from underpriviledged backgrounds. The Universities of Pheonix, the Devry's and all those other "fake" universities with non accreditted degrees at astronomical prices. These students who don't have any one else in their family that went to college, are targetted because they are vulnerable. They sign them up at rediculously high prices, the students end up graduating with a gazillion dollars in debt with no real job opportunities. They then default on their student loans and their lives are pretty much fu*ked. ..This is capitalism my friend...

Let's not talk about all the other predatory shoe stores, liquor stores, pay day loan stores, and other unproductive bullsh*t is found in the hoods. Mix this with the media, and uneducated masses and the cycle continues.....

Capitalism at all costs. Capitalize on other's misfortunes so that the rich get richer. And Devry is a publicly traded university. So basically, the investors get rich off of poor people's misfortunes. What a shame...


Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-11-2011 at 02:04 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #133
jha84 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$315 | Props total: 1 1
would never vote for this guy but he has a point. black people have excuse after excuse about what the "white man" has done to hold them back. at some point you gotta stop making blaming other people for the fu*ked up decisions we make and take some responsibility. not to be cliche but our president is a black guy so what could you possibly be trying to do that the white man is stopping you from doing?
 6 years ago '04        #134
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 VerballyAbusive said:
:agreement6:. And it sucks that capitalism is our worst enemy and makes it even more difficult for minories, especially blacks to rise up.

For instance, now look at how these "for profit" institutions legally prey on those disadvantaged youth from underpriviledged backgrounds. The Universities of Pheonix, the Devry's and all those other "fake" universities with non accreditted degrees at astronomical prices. These students who don't have any one else in their family that went to college, are targetted because they are vulnerable. They sign them up at rediculously high prices, the students end up graduating with a gazillion dollars in debt with no real job opportunities. They then default on their student loans and their lives are pretty much fu*ked. ..This is capitalism my friend...

Let's not talk about all the other predatory shoe stores, liquor stores, pay day loan stores, and other unproductive bullsh*t is found in the hoods. Mix this with the media, and uneducated masses and the cycle continues.....

Capitalism at all costs. Capitalize on other's misfortunes so that the rich get richer. And Devry is a publicly traded university. So basically, the investors get rich off of poor people's misfortunes. What a shame...
Pretty much...I can just sum it up and say that we were purposely set up to be at the very bottom and to be looked at as animals...while the rich are living it up like they are above everyone else..
 6 years ago '04        #135
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,467 | Props total: 293 293
 Mullany S said:
thats not my point. my point is that black people spend a whole lot of time complaining rather than doing something positive to uplift themselves. .
The problem we all have with your stances is that you're generalizing black people in one group which you can't do.

I can easily generalize your people and call them african b00ty scratchers who fu*k monkeys and spread aids to the world. But I don't..I digress....


Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-11-2011 at 02:18 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #136
The S-Word 
space
avatar space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 1300 1300
Irony: Africans emigrating to the U.S. and denigrating blacks in America when, if it wasn't for the Civil Rights Movement and other political movements that were founded & carried out by blacks in America, neither they nor any other Minority would be able to emigrate here in the first place. Pretty much stops all the arrogant, self-important, laughably stupid, bullsh!t posts, now doesn't it?
 6 years ago '04        #137
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 VerballyAbusive said:
The problem we all have with your stances is that you're generalizing black people in one group which you can't do.

I can easily generalize your people and call them african b00ty scratchers who fu*k monkeys and spread aids to the world. But I don't..I digress....
That lets you know how biased people can be and that they can't think outside the box that they live in..
 6 years ago '04        #138
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 The S-Word said:
Irony: Africans emigrating to the U.S. and denigrating blacks in America when, if it wasn't for the Civil Rights Movement and other political movements that were founded & carried out by blacks in America, neither they nor any other Minority would be able to emigrate here in the first place. Pretty much stops all the arrogant, self-important, laughably stupid, bullsh!t posts, now doesn't it?


They still will come up with the excuse..."but, but we came over here and made it while you n*ggas are still complaining..." They will talk as if the Civil Rights Movement didn't pave the way for them to come here..
 6 years ago '04        #139
The S-Word 
space
avatar space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 1300 1300
 knowughetto said:


They still will come up with the excuse..."but, but we came over here and made it while you n*ggas are still complaining..." They will talk as if the Civil Rights Movement didn't pave the way for them to come here..
...You're right, fam, but it still needed to be said. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, the funniest & most pathetic thing about the situation is that they (Africans and other non-black 'Minorities') really think that denigrating and trying to distance themselves from us as much as possible actually makes them 'better/worthier' in the eyes of whites, when they can be discriminated, beaten, and k!lled just like the rest of us. I don't know where they get that deluded mindset from, especially when what I just said about how many whites view all of us has been proven/carried out numerous times. For example:



As for the clown who brought up his parents 'sacrificing' for him and his siblings, that's all well and good, but he conveniently forgot to mention the fact that his parents, grandparents, etc. weren't taught and reinforced that they were nothing for centuries. It's all too easy for arrogant, self-important idiots like that to blame the victim and praise the oppressor(s) instead of analyzing the situation as a whole. It goes without saying that Africans need to wake up before it's too late...
 10-11-2011, 02:47 PM         #140
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
Why can't they create their own structures? Are African's that retarded? They need the white man to succeed?

And I guarantee, bring those African's here, things probably get worse...
I'm ashamed of them they can't do anything for themselves they either need whites or now the Chinese. This is the story of a Chinese boss saying africans work too slowly. Y'all not even the boss in y'all own country.


Raymond grew up in China, found it too fiercely competitive, and came to Africa in search of easier opportunities. Now he owns a clothing factory, toils long hours and makes a steady profit – but only because he violates the law by paying below the minimum wage.

“Here the people work too slowly,” he complains. “Even if they could get more money, they would rather drink beer or something.”

Raymond is one of dozens of Chinese entrepreneurs who own clothing factories in Newcastle, an industrial town in an impoverished rural region of South Africa. With unemployment at nearly 60 per cent in the surrounding region, the factories have a steady supply of workers – but they’ve been condemned by unions for ignoring the wage laws.

As African countries increasingly become the target of a wave of Chinese investment, they face a dilemma: should they accept the money and the entrepreneurs in every case, even if the jobs are poorly paid and illegal? Are any jobs better than no jobs at all? How many concessions should be made in exchange for Chinese investment?

Across the continent, Chinese businesses have invested billions of dollars in African economies, creating hope for the future. But they’ve also clashed with workers in a number of countries. In the most notorious case, two Chinese mine managers in Zambia were charged with attempted murder after they allegedly opened fire on workers who were protesting against low wages and poor working conditions. Eleven workers were injured.



Raymond sees it as a culture clash between Chinese entrepreneurs he thinks are hard-working and South African workers he considers lazy. He routinely works a gruelling schedule from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., and sometimes all night when he has an urgent shipment to prepare. Many of the Chinese factory owners in Newcastle work such long hours that they sleep in a room at the back of their factory to save time.

The profits that Raymond reaps at his factory have a simple purpose: to pay for the education of his son, who is studying at a university in the United States and wants to be a doctor. When his son graduates and begins earning money, Raymond will finally retire.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 84
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
34 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 49
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
74 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 40
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 35
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 29
vida guerra
84 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 18
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
85 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy