Oct 9 - Herman Cain: 'Racism In This Country Today' Doesn't Hold 'Anybody Back In A Big Way'

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
69 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #81
GST 
space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 2394 2394
you in for a rude awakening,Mr Herman Cain...when it comes down to it,they gonna throw yo a.ss right in the ****** line with the rest of us,n*gga!
 6 years ago '08        #82
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
cain reminds me of that old deacon at church who thinks he is running things cause he got a lil money
 10-11-2011, 07:26 AM         #83
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
to an extent I agree, but to say it doesn't hold black people back....LMAO.

Some activist said something on Bill Maher....

can't remember verbatim, but it was something like, I fully believe in pulling myself up the ladder, but let's not act like we don't need the ladder to begin with.
 6 years ago '06        #84
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 Young Chuck D said:
you n*ggas defending this **** just don't get it

WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE TO WORK HARDER JUST BECAUSE OF OUR SKIN COLOR!
^ This
 6 years ago '04        #85
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 majestic75 said:
Having to grow up a part of a culture that intentionally uses bad grammar, calls women THAT THEY LIKE bi*ches, thinks being a thug is a good thing and has no idea how to handle finances is more of an inhibitor than racism in 2011.

We have to literally overcome our own a.ss backwards culture to get our foot in the door. That's holding us back more than how anyone else perceives us.
Yep, and what are some of the root causes for the culture or lack there of for African Americans? It all goes back to racism, slavery, segregation, and current capitalism where rap and hip hop and the media influences a lost people who already didn't have sh*t and looking for identity....

And then let's not even go into the racist a.ss laws. The crack cocaine. What about all the innocent inner city kids born into gang ridden crack head environments???? The poor funding of our schools. All which are results of racist policies in the past and current. What about current segregation which is still related to the past????

Yet this n*gga says racism doesn't really hold us back today? Hu?

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-11-2011 at 07:48 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #86
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 lifeundthescope said:
Why the fu*k are you seperating Africans and African-Americans when we are all the same? Our values and work ethics are different from "Africans" because of the results of slavery. I'm sure and I hope that you are aware of that.
Speak for yourself homie. A lot of them sold us into this sh*t because WE ARE NOT THE SAME.
 6 years ago '04        #87
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 HHS said:
Obviously racism still exists, but I do think that it is much less institutionalized now, and more personal. So, I don't think racism as it occurs now is holding black people back in the way it used to, but I do think in large part black people today are still feeling the after-effects of past long-term, institutionalized racism that created huge social, cultural, educational and economic disadvantages that are a long way from being fixed, and that leaves the black community disproportionally vulnerable when things get tougher.
People like Cain can use the cop out excuse that it's a socio economic thing these days but even then, that's still linked to racism when describing the black community...

The reason blacks are disproportionately lower class is a result of past racial policies....So Cain, you still fail..
 10-11-2011, 07:58 AM         #88
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Real Time with Bill Maher is the most liberal biased show I've ever seen, more so than Olberman's sh*t... just as bad and biased as the O'Reilly Factor and Glenn Beck's old show before he got axed.

Too many people choose one side blindly and don't even know they're being lied to. They're too busy hating the other side to see they're just like them but on the other end of the spectrum.
 6 years ago '04        #89
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
Son.. Im 1st generation African in America. Parents were born in Africa. All my aunts and uncles are African. BUT I also grew up and went to school around all African Americans and Latinos..

I didn't make up a damn thing I said. It's all based on life. You cant tell me that being a n*gga in the ghetto poses more challenges than growing up in a war torn village. I know you aint telling me that bruh. Africans are willing to work hard to get up out of that. African Americans (For the most part) don't have that drive. Then when somebody calls em out on it they give you every excuse in the book.

1) School aint for me

2) I live in the hood

3) Im too poor

4) I have to take care of my kid I had when i was 16

5) Nobody wants to give a n*gga a break

etc etc.

Face it. Africans and African Americans just have different values and work ethics...
You have millions of Africans in your home country that has their own issues and need your help. Stop worrying about us African American's and go a.ssist your own people in the poverty stricken, high aids rates, and corrupted place you call home since all africans are so much better than us...Your home country should be the best place to live on the planet. You have such great values...
 6 years ago '07        #90
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510 OP
space
space
$55,198 | Props total: 19841 19841
 Got Cheeve? said:
Real Time with Bill Maher is the most liberal biased show I've ever seen, more so than Olberman's sh*t... just as bad and biased as the O'Reilly Factor and Glenn Beck's old show before he got axed.

Too many people choose one side blindly and don't even know they're being lied to. They're too busy hating the other side to see they're just like them but on the other end of the spectrum.
Anyone who watches Bill Maher and doesn't think there is a liberal bias is an idiot. Of course hes bias, but he doesn't pretend to be nuetral. Same with Keith, both dudes I like But its not as bad as sh*t like the O'reilly factor, they don't use facts and science to back up arguments. And Glenn Beck is borderline insane, comparing them with Maher and Olbermann is an insult to Maher and Olbermann.
 6 years ago '08        #91
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
 VerballyAbusive said:
You have millions of Africans in your home country that has their own issues and need your help. Stop worrying about us African American's and go a.ssist your own people in the poverty stricken, high aids rates, and corrupted place you call home since all africans are so much better than us...Your home country should be the best place to live on the planet. You have such great values...

Let other people tell it, we not shyt. When people think of black people, they concentrate on the lowest of the low.

On topic: I get what dude saying. It's not like we have to deal with the kinda of stuff folks had to back in the day. He's said if in a fukked up way. He's trolling
 6 years ago '04        #92
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
Thats not an exclusively Black issue..

Did you read this part of the article?

Every race deals with it..

Ralph Laurens real name is Ralph Lifsh*tz... He changed it cuz it sounded too Jewish and people kept slamming doors in his face..

Please don't try to act like this is an exclusively black issue..

Black people can't change the color of our skin. So, if we get discriminated based on a black sounding name, we can have a white sounding name and still get discriminated against during the job hiring process because we can't change the color of our skin brah....

I work in corporate america, happens all the time to me. Sometimes I just want to say fu*k it, and give up, but my desires and motivations of what I want in life keep me going. I got denied so many jobs I was qualified for an other races who had various advantages due to their race and also cultural advantages got the positions. It's not a level playing field at all.....Also, in corporate American it's all about who you know sometimes...That right there will automatically put us lower on the totem pole to begin with when it comes times for promotions and getting hired...

And if I looked a little different, like an agressive looking african american, I prolly wouldn't be where I'm at. I'm more of a non threatening appearing African American. I'm skinny, not too tall, about 6 feet, clean cut, and have sorta a baby face with clean skin brah....Pookie and Jerome that "look" thuggish even when they not trying don't have much of a chance...

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-11-2011 at 09:38 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #93
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 Sowhat said:

Let other people tell it, we not shyt. When people think of black people, they concentrate on the lowest of the low.

On topic: I get what dude saying. It's not like we have to deal with the kinda of stuff folks had to back in the day. He's said if in a fukked up way. He's trolling
Exactly. He's building himself up by putting all Africans into his boat and only focusing on the 1% of Afrcans...those that are motivated and have the means and opportunity to better themselves and come to America. We all know MOST Africans back in they own country starving, being featured on documentaries for famine and sh*t dying of aids and fu*king monkeys....Yet, when looking at us African Americans, he only wants to look at our lowest of the low and generalize us...What an as*hole.
 6 years ago '04        #94
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 Tsukuyomi said:
Yup. Some black people like to blame external forces for their issues but the real problem lies internally.
Depending on how you want to look at it. But how do you already change a culture that's already here my friend? It's not that easy..This sh*t is linked from generations and generations ago passed down from parent to kid, parent to kid...How do we break the cycles?

It doesn't help when you got a media and capitalism that takes advantage of the already disadvantaged......It's like a never ending cycle. And even when those people do break the cycles, there's other issues that arise that deter some from doing it. It's a lot easier for some blacks to just maintain and keep the same sh*t going on and stay in the hood...

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-11-2011 at 10:01 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #95
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 Mullany S said:
sorry we are not the same, we are clearly different. why do blacks feel like they are africans but continue to downgrade africa every chance they get. have you been to africa before? no
Nah, we aren't the same. My struggle is different from yours. Depending on what country you come from, your people may be over there behe@ding homos3xuals and f!ghting civil wars over natural resources while my people trying to escape the traps set before us in America...
 6 years ago '08        #96
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Mullany S said:
and what trap is that. all i see is n*ggas making lots of excuses about everything yet you get the nerve to compare yourself to people that are living in war torn areas.comparing the United States to a Africa as a continent is foolish but then again most n*ggas are ignorant.there is a reason why immigrants from other countries succeed more than blacks in America, most of you are just plain lazy.
Show me some stats. That's my issue. People like to believe that black people aren't successful. There poor immigrants, man. There are people of other ethnic groups who are fukked up, just like some blacks. To say a majority of blacks are fukked up is a misguided position. There's projects, there's trailer parks. But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. My people are striving, b. And it only gets better.
 6 years ago '04        #97
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 Mullany S said:
and what trap is that. all i see is n*ggas making lots of excuses about everything yet you get the nerve to compare yourself to people that are living in war torn areas.comparing the United States to a Africa as a continent is foolish but then again most n*ggas are ignorant.there is a reason why immigrants from other countries succeed more than blacks in America, most of you are just plain lazy.
It would take me days to lecture you and teach you. Just know this. Your ignorance on the understanding on what it's like to be an African American shapes the way you view us. Just like I don't know what it's like living in a war torn area, you don't know what it's like living in the hood, not having any parents or sibling who went to college, having a negative culture, no father figure, drugs/guns all around your neighborhood and corner, and being born into this environment as an innocent kid. Many of the ghettos in the inncer city might as well be war torn areas. 22 people were shot in Chicago last weekend, my city... So most africans are ignorant. There's a reason why many blacks in America have progressed majorly, and also why some blacks have not. And there's also a reason why 95% of your people are in Africa dying of aids and living in poverty.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 10-11-2011 at 10:27 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #98
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Mullany S said:
lol stats for what, i didn't say black people are not successful, i said few are succesful.yes majority of blacks are fu*ked up and hence are the scums in America. yes i am an African Americans but if you cant see the bullsh*t things yall do in this country then you will never elevate yourself. smh at a n*gga driving a 2010 chevy impala with rims and having the nerve to ask me for $5.00 for gas.
All I'm saying is hold everybody to the same standard. White boys blow dough on dumb shyt too. And let's not act like Asian cats don't be blowing crazy bread tricking out their rides. Majority of people aren't successful (which is a relative term).
 6 years ago '08        #99
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Mullany S said:
whats your sh*tty excuse my parents came to this country from Africa. they worked twice as hard as everybody to survive. never been on food stamps, never been on welfare, never been on unemployment, never been on any government a.ssistance. did i forget to mention all they had was high school diploma and they pushed themselves hard. now they have three kids that have college degrees(2 masters and one bachelor degree). do you think they didnt face racism? and there is a reason why most blacks continue to live in poverty in America, there is a reason why most blacks are in jail, there is a reason why blacks account for new number of hiv cases, there is a reason why most blacks lost their home i nthis recession, there is a reason why unemployment is higher for blacks. dont let me school you because some of you n*ggaz aint sh*t at all.
Everything you said can be applied to the Asian and Hispanic communities as well.
 6 years ago '08        #100
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Mullany S said:
it can be applied to everybody as well but it is worst for blacks.
I think that depends on location. In my city blacks are fukked up, but not as bad as Hispanics. But, on average, you might be right. All love homie.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago