Oct 9 - Herman Cain: 'Racism In This Country Today' Doesn't Hold 'Anybody Back In A Big Way'

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
249 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #61
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 big blak afrika said:
Did you not see the link I posted? in the article it said black people with "black" sounding names with similar resumes are called back for an interview less than white people with similar resumes that have "white" sounding names. Please explain that.
Thats not an exclusively Black issue..

Did you read this part of the article?

Minorities of all kinds have wrestled with whether to celebrate their culture by giving their children distinctive names, or help them "blend in" with a name that won't stick out. Thousands of Jews have changed their names, hoping to improve their economic prospects in the face of discrimination, as have Asians and other minorities.

Blacks, however, have chosen increasingly distinctive names over the past century, with the trend accelerating during the 1960s.
Every race deals with it..

Ralph Laurens real name is Ralph Lifsh*tz... He changed it cuz it sounded too Jewish and people kept slamming doors in his face..

Please don't try to act like this is an exclusively black issue..
 6 years ago '10        #62
ThRoWeD MaN LaN 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,306 | Props total: 1497 1497
 majestic75 said:
Having to grow up a part of a culture that intentionally uses bad grammar, calls women THAT THEY LIKE bi*ches, thinks being a thug is a good thing and has no idea how to handle finances is more of an inhibitor than racism in 2011.

We have to literally overcome our own a.ss backwards culture to get our foot in the door. That's holding us back more than how anyone else perceives us.
truth.com

TheMindOf said:
Cuz "African Americans" are lazy by nature.. For the most part They dont wanna go to school. They wanna live in the hood and sell drugs and raise kids.. They dont think its cool to be smart. They think the smartest way to get rich is by rapping, or being a pro athlete. Not college or working hard. Real Rap

Africans on the other hand are used to working hard. From the time they come to this country they are at a disadvantage. So they have to work hard for everything. Hard work is the key to 90% of success.

"African Americans" dont think being smart is "Cool" thats why they deal with what they deal with
You did some stereotyping but you hit the nail on its head for the most part.

neworleansavior said:
When you die, i hope you reincarnate into a n*gga in the ghetto. Your overall generalization, and blatant ignorance is baffling. If you are black, which i doubt you sound too dumb, you need a father figure.
Why? Do you not think he could have been raised in the ghetto from his post? I have lived as bad as you can imagine, other than literally not having a bed to sleep in, from roaches and rats; trailer parks; duplexes; horrible apartments in the dead center of the hood and now my pops is a supervisor bringing home nearly 100k a year. Hard work is the reason. He works in a redneck, country, probably racist a.ss environment but he is the head n*gga there.

The MAJORITY of my friends from back home are still doing the same sh*t from high school, thinking they're drug dealers gang-bangers and shunning education. I used to think the same way (ignorance is cool) but I was lucky enough to escape that mindset at an early enough age, they haven't been able to yet.

My point is, is that it is OK to say some negative things about your own people if it's the truth. The truth hurts and only will the truth help people to see what's really happening. A lot of blacks are terrified of the truth so instead they run from it and live in fantasies from which they don't wake up from until they're 40+ and realize it's almost too late.
 10-11-2011, 02:03 AM         #63
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Thats not an exclusively Black issue..

Did you read this part of the article?

Every race deals with it..

Ralph Laurens real name is Ralph Lifsh*tz... He changed it cuz it sounded too Jewish and people kept slamming doors in his face..

Please don't try to act like this is an exclusively black issue..
The other, however, suggests a black-sounding name remains an impediment to getting a job. After responding to 1,300 classified ads with dummy resumes, the authors found black-sounding names were 50 percent less likely to get a callback than white-sounding names with comparable resumes.

50% percent less likely to get a job to feed their families. When they do the research for other racial groups it will be discussed but right now we're talking about blacks. Now that you have that information in front of you are you sure it's all blacks fault and that we're holding ourselves back?

Last edited by big blak afrika; 10-11-2011 at 02:07 AM..
 10-11-2011, 02:17 AM         #64
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Son.. Im 1st generation African in America. Parents were born in Africa. All my aunts and uncles are African. BUT I also grew up and went to school around all African Americans and Latinos..

I didn't make up a damn thing I said. It's all based on life. You cant tell me that being a n*gga in the ghetto poses more challenges than growing up in a war torn village. I know you aint telling me that bruh. Africans are willing to work hard to get up out of that. African Americans (For the most part) don't have that drive. Then when somebody calls em out on it they give you every excuse in the book.

1) School aint for me

2) I live in the hood

3) Im too poor

4) I have to take care of my kid I had when i was 16

5) Nobody wants to give a n*gga a break

etc etc.

Face it. Africans and African Americans just have different values and work ethics...
Why the fu*k are you seperating Africans and African-Americans when we are all the same? Our values and work ethics are different from "Africans" because of the results of slavery. I'm sure and I hope that you are aware of that.
 6 years ago '10        #65
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 lifeundthescope said:
Why the fu*k are you seperating Africans and African-Americans when we are all the same? Our values and work ethics are different from "Africans" because of the results of slavery. I'm sure and I hope that you are aware of that.

Excuses.
 6 years ago '10        #66
drwilso87 4 heat pts
space
space
$461 | Props total: 0 0
The one thing to remember when dealing w/ any politician is that they will tell you anything they think you want to hear if it means they will get your votes. Name one president that ever had to work after being president...they want to be elected so they can make all these deals behind closed doors so they can get paid, I dont blame them, but because of that I dont trust them. Obama is no different from any other president we had other than him being mixed. Cain wants to take a shot at it go head but I highly doubt he will be representing the Rep. party. I never liked Obama because it took him way to long to answer a question and he never would take a stand against something strongly. He always talks in a way so that if people dont like it they wont get offended. I just cant respect a man that acts as if he has no backbone. Even Jesus flipped a table or two when n*ggas got out of order:aloofandbored10:
 10-11-2011, 02:25 AM         #67
Young Chuck D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you n*ggas defending this **** just don't get it

WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE TO WORK HARDER JUST BECAUSE OF OUR SKIN COLOR!
 6 years ago '04        #68
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 lifeundthescope said:
Our values and work ethics are different from "Africans" because of the results of slavery.
Cain is spot on.
 10-11-2011, 02:42 AM         #69
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dude is a wackjob

the fact that hes a viable candidate speaks volumes about the GOP

has never held public office...
 6 years ago '06        #70
bigscoot0808 
space
space
$346 | Props total: 0 0
african americans say racism exist becasue they need an excuse for there lack of progress. Anyone who graduates from highschool can go to college these days. if i can pay for it anyone can there called loans. Thats the first step to self improvement
 6 years ago '06        #71
bigscoot0808 
space
space
$346 | Props total: 0 0
 Young Chuck D said:
you n*ggas defending this **** just don't get it

WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE TO WORK HARDER JUST BECAUSE OF OUR SKIN COLOR!
Its not cause the skin color, its cause your poor which is exactly what hes saying
 10-11-2011, 02:49 AM         #72
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Herman Cain is a black person who get a few pictures of dead white slave owners in his pockets and then start believing he was too good for his brothers and sisters there's a couple more who posted in this thread.
 10-11-2011, 02:52 AM         #73
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigscoot0808 said:
african americans say racism exist becasue they need an excuse for there lack of progress. Anyone who graduates from highschool can go to college these days. if i can pay for it anyone can there called loans. Thats the first step to self improvement

[pic - click to view]

to
[pic - click to view]

lack of progress? No group of people has progressed more in America than blacks.
 6 years ago '10        #74
drwilso87 4 heat pts
space
space
$461 | Props total: 0 0
 bigscoot0808 said:
You my friend are a dumb a.ss

When is the last time you have been to a poor neighborhood, name 5 school in a poor neighborhood that have a top notch school system that can be compared to the type of education a person would get from a private school(Any race will do fine). If the kids are not learning sh*t in the early stages then it can only get worse from there. You dont graduate high school all of sudden knowing sh*t. Poor neighborhoods have poor school systems and poor school systems=not bout sh*t teachers. This means your avg "poor" student will most likely end up in a Junior college in which he or she has a chance to make it if they pass all the remedial classes they will be forced to take since their school system only gave them the minimal standards they needed to pass. As for your loan theory, most poor students will meet the requirements for a standard grant but it usually is not enough to cover all the cost for the student, now if he or she should so happen to not pass a certain amount of hours they will take that sh*t away. Now when you have not been taught a damn usefull thing in the poor school system how much of a chance will you have in college. Racism does exist, it may not be as rampant as most would believe, but it is not going anywhere when we endorse people like Al and Jesse that claim everything is racist so they can keep getting paid. IMO its more of people not caring enough to understand other cultures or ethnicities because its just easy not to.

I am done

Last edited by drwilso87; 10-11-2011 at 03:12 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #75
Alton85 
space
space
space
$274 | Props total: 31 31
 ima80baby said:
I must say I'm not feeling his recent interviews talking about the black community, but I do agree with him here.

What you Mean? That is the the point of Racism, keep yor race ahead of other races.

If someone dont like me cause I'm Black, red, green, or yellow thats find and they have a right to their opinion. But if someone degrades me, my neighboorhood, my school systems, my ability to attain jobs, then I called that racism and that will definetly have me behind on the "race".
 6 years ago '07        #76
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,624 | Props total: 2469 2469
 lifeundthescope said:
..themindof you sound like the majority of Africans out here in the U.S that think they are better or superior to African Americans..when in reality, in this country we all fall in the same category! It doesn't matter if you're African or African American, people out here in the states will view us all as black..do you really think individuals give a fu*k whether you are actually from Africa or a descendant of someone from there?( far down the line)..NO..out here people generally classify you by the color of your skin...regardless of what you may think, in the end, we are all black...there's no way of getting around that and if you think there is, then you my friend are in serious denial...I too am a 1st generation African, but what really erks me is when I hear my own people or other Africans speak about how much better they are than African Americans or when African Americans speak on how much better they are than Africans, when in reality that does nothing but wonders in further hindering our advancement as blacks..having hate for African Americans or thinking of them in negative or stereotypical ways(which you've shown you do) does nothing but help create a gap within the same community...so dead all that dumbass sh*t and challenge yourself to be open minded when dealing with anyone especially a person of the same color but different background as you
 6 years ago '10        #77
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
 Phicmagic said:
His restaurants make dope a.ss wings. I Smoke up and go eat them sh*ts all the time b

President? No. Keep making them wings n*gga, 20 piece extra cripsy in mild sauce with fries and 2 cups of ranch dressing on the side and a large coke. I'll be there around 6pm n*gga.

Being a black man...this is some of the dumbest sh*t I ever heard a motherfu*ker say lol.....but get them wings ready Cain.
fatass. lol. jk.
 10-11-2011, 04:01 AM         #78
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Excuses.
How is that a excuse? If you knew anything about human behavior (Psychology) you would know that the effects of slavery are still prevelent within the African-American community to this day. You're a dumbass, and a embarrassment to our people.
 10-11-2011, 05:53 AM         #79
Ez 586 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RAZAH CUTS said:
hmmmm, can't agree with you at all there...

was reading up on that the other day, I suggest you do as well:

some of the more glaring points:

"Cain's corporate income tax is based on gross income of businesses less investments, purchases from other businesses and all dividends paid to shareholders."

Damn. Didn't know that. Thanks for sharing the literature.
 6 years ago '05        #80
GST 
space
space
$14,833 | Props total: 2406 2406
Herman Cain is one of them n*ggaz who don't mind being used as a footstool,as long as he has money.....one of them n*ggaz with money that thinks he has enough white friends that will save him if shyt ever hit the fan and he can't come back home
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy