Oct 9 - Herman Cain: 'Racism In This Country Today' Doesn't Hold 'Anybody Back In A Big Way'

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-10-2011, 12:21 PM         #21
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Brdn08 said:
He's right. Poverty not race is the major thing that holds people back from moving upward. That's across all races though. Poor white, Hispanic, and Asian Americans struggle with the same problems black people do (A government bankrolled by corporations and the wealthy not really concerned with the plight of the poor). That doesn't mean there aren't opportunities. It just means we have to be more proactive and more responsible. We do some of the damage to ourselves. Too many single parent homes and p!ss poor high school graduation rates are just a couple of problems we've brought on ourselves. Don't get me wrong I think Herman Cain is a joke and some of his other rhetoric about black people is just ignorant but you have to admit to some truth in this statement.

So the same ol same ol........poorer people should have to work 3 times as hard to get the same benefits granted to rich Americans(the rich Americans are giving to us from god and should not be asked to do anything that would require them to break a nail...........but you poor pieces of sh*t should work harder and be thankful to get a scrap from the rich's plate. Its a crock of sh*t..........if people who think like this really think its fair they wouldnt be so fu*king stingy with supporting those who are trying to get to where they are........instead they support bills that make college less afordable, that makes schools less fundable and that make inner city laws more difficult.....they want poor minorities makiing it.....they are just fine with a.ssuming that blacks or hispanics who are not rich are in this posiition because its thier fault............all the time knowingly supporting more and more laws that work against the middle and poor class in this country.....
 10-10-2011, 12:39 PM         #22
playazinc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Republican. Out of touch. Living in a rich mans world. NOT IMPORTANT!

Plus, does this clown really, really, think the establishment is gonna allow him to win the Republican nomination and run against Obama? Both parties repped by black men? Ain't gonna happen, so I don't get why this fool keeps putting down minorities, and blacks specifically in all his speeches. FOH
 6 years ago '06        #23
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 Hare Krishna said:
WHY IS IT THAT AFRICANS ARE MORE SUCCESS THAN AFRICAN AMERICANS ?

HE'S ON POINT FOR THE MOST PART.
Lion in his natural habitat vs tamed Lion in the zoo

If you can't come to a conclusion based on that analogy then you'll forever be a lost cause.
 10-10-2011, 01:24 PM         #24
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
His restaurants make dope a.ss wings. I Smoke up and go eat them sh*ts all the time b

President? No. Keep making them wings n*gga, 20 piece extra cripsy in mild sauce with fries and 2 cups of ranch dressing on the side and a large coke. I'll be there around 6pm n*gga.

Being a black man...this is some of the dumbest sh*t I ever heard a motherfu*ker say lol.....but get them wings ready Cain.
 10-10-2011, 01:27 PM         #25
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hood135 said:
Lion in his natural habitat vs tamed Lion in the zoo

If you can't come to a conclusion based on that analogy then you'll forever be a lost cause.
not to mention in this country Africans come here with Visa's, they get paid to go to school, they get cars, loans, homes.............the works.............and a n*gga cant even post bail.......
 6 years ago '05        #26
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
 Dos-effect said:
not to mention in this country Africans come here with Visa's, they get paid to go to school, they get cars, loans, homes.............the works.............and a n*gga cant even post bail.......
same thing with hispanics from the carribeans. same exact thing my dude
 6 years ago '04        #27
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
He is partially right.. Black people can succeed in spite of racism.. It's just a lot more difficult, I know the challenges I had to overcome.. And I know people who grew up the same way I did who chose a different path.. It's all about choice and how hard you're willing to work at it...
 6 years ago '06        #28
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Right on. I don't respect the opinions of individuals who can't empathize with these truths.
 6 years ago '06        #29
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Nu Tymez said:
He is partially right.. Black people can succeed in spite of racism.. It's just a lot more difficult, I know the challenges I had to overcome.. And I know people who grew up the same way I did who chose a different path.. It's all about choice and how hard you're willing to work at it...
Just had a 'red flag' moment. I have a problem with this even though I've always looked at this in a similar way. Sure, life has obstacles but when the obstacles are purposefully put in your path in order to make you fail or to make you struggle, then something is terribly wrong.

Why are we trying so hard to fit or be apart of something that obviously doesn't want us there? You used key words and phrases like "in spite of", "difficult", "challenges", and "overcome".

Why are we excepting these hardships like "oh well, its just something we have to live with and deal with"? I call bullsh*t because the ones who have had to f!ght and claw through this cesspool in order to "succeed" by someone else's standards have proven how extraordinary we are. And I'm finding it harder and harder to blame the ones who didn't make it because the game is rigged for us to fail anyway.

Just think about how much more fulfilling life would be if every obstacle that you've faced were replaced by a stepping stone or a helping hand along the way...Out of this world potential.

Props for keeping the faith and doing despite the hardships.
 6 years ago '04        #30
TheGame4705 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,483 | Props total: 26 26
 hood135 said:
Just think about how much more fulfilling life would be if every obstacle that you've faced were replaced by a stepping stone or a helping hand along the way...Out of this world potential.
Thats the realist sh*t i've heard on this site.
 6 years ago '04        #31
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
@ this Uncle Tom.
 10-10-2011, 03:43 PM         #32
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hood135 said:
Just had a 'red flag' moment. I have a problem with this even though I've always looked at this in a similar way. Sure, life has obstacles but when the obstacles are purposefully put in your path in order to make you fail or to make you struggle, then something is terribly wrong.

Why are we trying so hard to fit or be apart of something that obviously doesn't want us there? You used key words and phrases like "in spite of", "difficult", "challenges", and "overcome".

Why are we excepting these hardships like "oh well, its just something we have to live with and deal with"? I call bullsh*t because the ones who have had to f!ght and claw through this cesspool in order to "succeed" by someone else's standards have proven how extraordinary we are. And I'm finding it harder and harder to blame the ones who didn't make it because the game is rigged for us to fail anyway.

Props for keeping the faith and doing despite the hardships.
Some people are still stuck on the fact that it is what it is............they didnt make this world they just live in it......so if blacks have to overcome then we should be breaking our backs to get some of the same of the liberties as others in this country....some feel if we are not doing summersaults to be accepted by America as "one of the safe ones" then we are not worth helping or a.ssisting.........
 10-10-2011, 06:14 PM         #33
dOwnByLaw310 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hare Krishna said:
WHY IS IT THAT AFRICANS ARE MORE SUCCESS THAN AFRICAN AMERICANS ?

HE'S ON POINT FOR THE MOST PART.
Africans still have they're identity,religion and history. So called african americans had all of that destroyed on top off being systematically oppressed for over 450 years. The devils know this. That's why any race came come to this country and prosper. Everybody can except the people who built it.
 6 years ago '09        #34
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
i fu*king hate this guy
 6 years ago '06        #35
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 majestic75 said:
Having to grow up a part of a culture that intentionally uses bad grammar, calls women THAT THEY LIKE bi*ches, thinks being a thug is a good thing and has no idea how to handle finances is more of an inhibitor than racism in 2011.

We have to literally overcome our own a.ss backwards culture to get our foot in the door. That's holding us back more than how anyone else perceives us.
+1. It will be difficult for us as a race to do that because any time you talk about it, you get a million people telling you you're wrong or "self hating". Our culture, the way we live is absolutely backwards.
 6 years ago '04        #36
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
Obviously racism still exists, but I do think that it is much less institutionalized now, and more personal. So, I don't think racism as it occurs now is holding black people back in the way it used to, but I do think in large part black people today are still feeling the after-effects of past long-term, institutionalized racism that created huge social, cultural, educational and economic disadvantages that are a long way from being fixed, and that leaves the black community disproportionally vulnerable when things get tougher.
 10-11-2011, 12:00 AM         #37
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ima80baby said:
I must say I'm not feeling his recent interviews talking about the black community, but I do agree with him here.

[pic - click to view]

10-11-2011, 12:03 AM         #38
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What does he stand for politically and religious beliefs? i havent been keeping up with this guy or any of the nominees as of late,...my vote is going to barack, none of them stand a chance on changing my mind...except ron paul.

so can somebody inform me on what this guy is all about? reading comments in here, he isnt liked much
 6 years ago '04        #39
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
“People sometimes hold themselves back because they want to use racism as an excuse for them not being able to achieve what they want to achieve."
So true.
 10-11-2011, 12:46 AM         #40
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wtf is this bi*ch talkin about........He needs to lose all his money and then try to say that statement, fucing clown!
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy