San Andreas with upgraded HD graphics!!

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #41
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
 KeithHernandez said:
lol. There goes my point, in case Iron Maiden wasn't sure what I was talking about.

What does San Andreas have to do with "negroes" being "so crunk about this game"? The entire GTA series is based around different gangsters living lives none of us will ever be about. So where's the logic? What makes Vice City so much better? The way San Andreas ripped early 90s gangster rap and Compton flicks is the same way Vice City ripped Scarface and Miami Vice.

Dumb people always make these types of comments, as if CJ didn't have the same redeeming qualities about him like Niko did in GTA IV. Tommy Vercetti and dude from GTA3 weren't well-rounded characters.
Untangle your panties, pal. It was my opinion.. Who are YOU to say who is a well-rounded character and who's not? S.T.F.U. I HATED the stereotypes that dwelled in GTA:SA, but guess what? I HATED GTA4 even moreso.. Seems like you a.ssumed something. I'll let you dwell on that..
 6 years ago '07        #42
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
Your opinion isn't unique. The bias wreaks of some deep seated agenda.

I don't have to be anyone to identify a well-rounded character. That's not a subjective opinion as it's determined entirely by the writer who created the character. And identified by someone smart enough to realize what they're being shown.

Tommy Vercetti is a straight-up gangster -- one we're all familiar with through gangster flicks. CJ is less violent, becoming a gangster and k!lling because of crooked cops. CJ was the first dude we saw remorseful for having to k!ll people. He was naive, but loyal -- like when he tried to get his brother to leave the hood, but ended up helping him reclaim all the turf from the Ballas in the end.

CJ started GTA as we know it today. Yeah, Tommy had some moments where his character said some deep sh*t about his past, but CJ was the first time we had the option to decide whether or not we'd k!ll someone. Thus, more well-rounded character.
 6 years ago '11        #43
kushkulture420 43 heat pts43
space
space
$2,196 | Props total: 1029 1029
GTA 4 is obviously better technically since it was about 4 years after SA was made. but i think everybody's all-time personal favorite has gotta be San Andreas. An instant classic. Def in my top 5 GOAT.
 6 years ago '11        #44
kushkulture420 43 heat pts43
space
space
$2,196 | Props total: 1029 1029
 tj.iscool said:
Man please the best GTA game of the series is & always will be GTA3
just because it kick started the series doesnt mean its the best. silent main character with no emotion and practically no backstory, 20 minute long radio stations (as opposed to the 40 and 60 minute stations now), and dont get me started with the sh*tty aiming. Vice City was light years past gta 3 and was only made a year later. now go sit in a corner and think about this stupid a.ss sh*t u just said.
 6 years ago '08        #45
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,027 | Props total: 5088 5088
I'm seeing a lot of race stuff and comments on not wanting to play a black lead character...San Andreas was the highest selling of all GTA's so somebody(22.5Mil) want to be CJ. Moving on I myself never finished this one I got stuck on a plane mission. This was a cool game I'd love to see it release on PS3.
 6 years ago '08        #46
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 117 117
 kushkulture420 said:
just because it kick started the series doesnt mean its the best. silent main character with no emotion and practically no backstory, 20 minute long radio stations (as opposed to the 40 and 60 minute stations now), and dont get me started with the sh*tty aiming. Vice City was light years past gta 3 and was only made a year later. now go sit in a corner and think about this stupid a.ss sh*t u just said.
lol that moron is always saying some dumb sh*t.
 6 years ago '04        #47
The S-Word 
space
space
$3,678 | Props total: 1300 1300
 aKtIvItY! said:
Niko isn't Russian, he was born in Yugoslovia and grew up in Bosnia.

Also, I dont think its so much a race thing as it is a gang thing. I mean come on, CJ is a walking stereotype. Its pretty easy to see why some people might not want to be a stereotypical black gang banger from LA, just as i personally dont like being your typical hardened war hero that is prevalent in every WWII game.

Now of course there are people who are just ignorant and dont want to play as a black protagonist, but seriously who gives a fu*k about anyone who thinks like that in 2011.
...No, it's both a 'race and gang thing.' I remember when news that CJ was black first came out, a bunch of white & non-black minority racist nerds were on sites like GameFAQs b!tching that they didn't want to play as a black character for no other reason than his being black (The gang sh!t only added fuel to the fire, despite it being a small part of the game), some of them even threatening to cancel their pre-orders of the game.

Said racism is also evident whenever you hear most people say that Vice City is the best GTA, when everyone with a working brain knows that San Andreas improved on VC in pretty much every way (i.e. VC's half-sh!tty gun targeting [Why am I shooting someone behind me without turning around when I was trying to shoot the guy right in front of me?], Auntie Poulet ['Poulet' is French for 'Chicken--' Come on, Rockstar--Haitians had a right to protest the game], and losing health for running off of stairs and/or low ledges, just to name a few examples)--What those people really want to say is 'I don't like playing as a black guy, and I don't like 'gangster rap'' regardless of how good the game is as a whole.

Also, the double-standard racist bullsh!t is really put into perspective when you consider the fact that I, a black man, have played as everything from white men & women to robots, turtles & other animals, clay, monsters, aliens, cyborgs, and various other blatant stereotypes (Mario, anyone? Or should we mention damn near every other black character in video games being little more than ridiculously racist, stereotypes [i.e. Balrog, Dee Jay, & Barrett from Final Fantasy VII, just to name a few]). I didn't have a problem with playing as any of those characters, so what fu*king difference did it make that CJ was black? Yeah, he was stereotypical in some ways (What Grand Theft Auto character isn't?), but like someone else said, he had many other positive qualities as well.

As for Rockstar, they have a way of making the majority of their characters, especially their protagonists (Besides 'Claude' from GTA III, of course), somewhat realistic (Even when they're sniping old ladies from skyscrapers and shooting helicopters out of the sky for kicks). They knew what they were doing when they made San Andreas & CJ, and it obviously paid off in the long run--Not only is it one of their best games ever, but it's also (still) the highest-selling GTA game ever, for good reason.

JayDawn said:
Man, San Andreas took everything I wanted and brought it too life. I could bunny hop on a bike from Comtpon to Vegas. Hoes on deck, Taking over n*ggas hoods. Rob houses and even get diesel at the gym, sh*t was like a real good movie. Top 3 games of all time.
...I agree. It's not only the best GTA & Open-World game (Like I said before, THQ/Volition loved it so much, they tried to make their own version of it [Saint's Row 2) and one of my favorite games of all time, but it's the one GTA I play the most and will probably never get tired of.

(I'm sure someone's going to post one of those 'Didn't Read!' .gifs, but I don't care )
 6 years ago '05        #48
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
 KeithHernandez said:
Your opinion isn't unique. The bias wreaks of some deep seated agenda.

I don't have to be anyone to identify a well-rounded character. That's not a subjective opinion as it's determined entirely by the writer who created the character. And identified by someone smart enough to realize what they're being shown.

Tommy Vercetti is a straight-up gangster -- one we're all familiar with through gangster flicks. CJ is less violent, becoming a gangster and k!lling because of crooked cops. CJ was the first dude we saw remorseful for having to k!ll people. He was naive, but loyal -- like when he tried to get his brother to leave the hood, but ended up helping him reclaim all the turf from the Ballas in the end.

CJ started GTA as we know it today. Yeah, Tommy had some moments where his character said some deep sh*t about his past, but CJ was the first time we had the option to decide
whether or not we'd k!ll someone. Thus, more well-rounded character.
Smh. IDGAF about if you believe I have a deep rooted blah blah. That's my fu*king opinion, pus*ycrust.
 6 years ago '05        #49
aKtIvItY! 
space
space
$1,031 | Props total: 0 0
 The S-Word said:
...No, it's both a 'race and gang thing.' I remember when news that CJ was black first came out, a bunch of white & non-black minority racist nerds were on sites like GameFAQs b!tching that they didn't want to play as a black character for no other reason than his being black (The gang sh!t only added fuel to the fire, despite it being a small part of the game), some of them even threatening to cancel their pre-orders of the game.

Said racism is also evident whenever you hear most people say that Vice City is the best GTA, when everyone with a working brain knows that San Andreas improved on VC in pretty much every way (i.e. VC's half-sh!tty gun targeting [Why am I shooting someone behind me without turning around when I was trying to shoot the guy right in front of me?], Auntie Poulet ['Poulet' is French for 'Chicken--' Come on, Rockstar--Haitians had a right to protest the game], and losing health for running off of stairs and/or low ledges, just to name a few examples)--What those people really want to say is 'I don't like playing as a black guy, and I don't like 'gangster rap'' regardless of how good the game is as a whole.

Also, the double-standard racist bullsh!t is really put into perspective when you consider the fact that I, a black man, have played as everything from white men & women to robots, turtles & other animals, clay, monsters, aliens, cyborgs, and various other blatant stereotypes (Mario, anyone? Or should we mention damn near every other black character in video games being little more than ridiculously racist, stereotypes [i.e. Balrog, Dee Jay, & Barrett from Final Fantasy VII, just to name a few]). I didn't have a problem with playing as any of those characters, so what fu*king difference did it make that CJ was black? Yeah, he was stereotypical in some ways (What Grand Theft Auto character isn't?), but like someone else said, he had many other positive qualities as well.

As for Rockstar, they have a way of making the majority of their characters, especially their protagonists (Besides 'Claude' from GTA III, of course), somewhat realistic (Even when they're sniping old ladies from skyscrapers and shooting helicopters out of the sky for kicks). They knew what they were doing when they made San Andreas & CJ, and it obviously paid off in the long run--Not only is it one of their best games ever, but it's also (still) the highest-selling GTA game ever, for good reason.

...I agree. It's not only the best GTA & Open-World game (Like I said before, THQ/Volition loved it so much, they tried to make their own version of it [Saint's Row 2) and one of my favorite games of all time, but it's the one GTA I play the most and will probably never get tired of.

(I'm sure someone's going to post one of those 'Didn't Read!' .gifs, but I don't care )
lol now hold on, I personally like Vice City over San Andreas and it has nothing to fu*king do with race AT ALL. just because the mechanics of the game are better does not make it a better game and even if San Andreas was a better game than Vice City, who is the judge of that? the person playing it and everyone will have a different opinion and preference.

to make the a.ssumption that i dont like black people or listening to gangster rap because i prefer one game over the other is ridiculous lol.
 6 years ago '08        #50
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 117 117
besides madden, gta san andreas is my most played game of last gen by far.
 6 years ago '04        #51
The S-Word 
space
space
 aKtIvItY! said:
lol now hold on, I personally like Vice City over San Andreas and it has nothing to fu*king do with race AT ALL. just because the mechanics of the game are better does not make it a better game and even if San Andreas was a better game than Vice City, who is the judge of that? the person playing it and everyone will have a different opinion and preference.

to make the a.ssumption that i dont like black people or listening to gangster rap because i prefer one game over the other is ridiculous lol.
...Ridiculous? Please. You made that a.ssumption yourself--When I said some people, I was referring to the many non-white people I've seen and heard say they think VC is the better game when it's clearly not. I should've indicated that in my last post.

As for the mechanics, you can't be serious--Stop fronting like good/better mechanics aren't a key element of great games--If they weren't, then every GTA would be like the first one and/or have the sh!tty targeting the earlier games had. As for the 'judges' of which game is better, yes, it's subjective to an extent, but again, stop fronting like San Andreas wasn't rated higher than VC--Hell, IV was rated higher than both of them, and many gamers have made a silent pact to hate on that game for the sake of hating on it. So like I said, game preferences are subjective to a fault, but better mechanics/gameplay speak for themselves, something you were aware of before you replied...

Last edited by The S-Word; 10-10-2011 at 01:48 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #52
Bass G 16 heat pts16
space
space
$17,321 | Props total: 547 547
 aKtIvItY! said:
No, i just found it a bit ironic, as i would a.ssume you dislike the KKK because of their ignorance and intolerance when the word "f*ggot" pretty much epitomizes it
Well then I hope if a person said something like that against black people I hope you go against them the same way you went against me.
 6 years ago '04        #53
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
 Soda Pop said:
I'm seeing a lot of race stuff and comments on not wanting to play a black lead character...San Andreas was the highest selling of all GTA's so somebody(22.5Mil) want to be CJ. Moving on I myself never finished this one I got stuck on a plane mission. This was a cool game I'd love to see it release on PS3.
Same
 6 years ago '11        #54
dgamer101 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,130 | Props total: 1637 1637
San andreas was the sh*t!! Def top 5!

And fu*k that race crap! That sh*t is stupid and ignorant.

I can only pray they bring GTA 5 back to SA with a mexican lead character
 6 years ago '07        #55
space
space
 bullack86 said:
Smh. IDGAF about if you believe I have a deep rooted blah blah. That's my fu*king opinion, pus*ycrust.
Racist.
 6 years ago '07        #56
space
space
 aKtIvItY! said:

The mechanics are kinda what makes the game, bro. No one can argue they liked Superman on the N64, because even if the story rocked, the controls were convoluted.

Granted, it's all subjective, but what's your criteria for a great game? If San Andreas improved upon Vice City with better control, superior physics, deeper gameplay, a larger map to explore, depth of the story, and connection to a character, then how, exactly, is Vice City superior?

I can respect a preference to 80s Miami or over 90s California. But that's merely a cosmetic difference. San Andreas gave us everything and more than we'd expect from a game.
 6 years ago '11        #57
CamoBoxers 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,667 | Props total: 11 11
Vice City > GTA 3 > San Andreas > GTA 4 IMO
 10-10-2011, 05:28 PM         #58
LabDummy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't wait 4 new one
 6 years ago '04        #59
The S-Word 
space
space
 dgamer101 said:
I can only pray they bring GTA 5 back to SA with a mexican lead character
...Funny thing is, knowing Rockstar, they just might have a Mexican protagonist next
 6 years ago '05        #60
bobbysteels18 663 heat pts663
space
space
space
$7,602 | Props total: 2509 2509
Man they need to re release this for the PS3 updated in HD. I'll do the same missions again. And be able to play it on line Mannnnnnnnnnnnnn. I'll be fu*king people up lol....But my favorite mission was the Jet pack mission. Also I miss flying that Jet.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
24 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
284 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
121 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
78 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
88 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
19 hours ago