Players wont agree to 50/50 split of Basketball Related Income...Meeting before deadline off

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #121
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,179 | Props total: 22639 22639
 StateProperty88 said:
what does this have to do with my point?
Owners can be replaced seamlessly. So with or without the ones we have there would be a league. The same can't be said for the players
 6 years ago '06        #122
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,361 | Props total: 558 558
 r.burgundy said:
no it isnt.and thats why we find ourselves here.players overvalue their worth.when things are goin smooth u may hav a point,but when things break down u see it for tha regular relationship it really is.boss vs employee

their is no dominant buyer.players arent bein brought and sold.and tha union isnt sellin anything as almost every player comes into tha as an amatuer till they sign a contract.implying that tha union is a seller is sayin that they can set a market value,which they cant
I'm not saying that the players themselves are being bought and sold, but the players are selling their services. The owners are paying for that service, making them buyers. The NBA is the dominate buyer of those services. How many major pro basketball leagues are there in the US? How many pro basketball leagues around the world can compete with the NBA? The NBA isn't the only buyer, but they are the dominant buyer. The moment every player enters the league he becomes a member of the union. The union doesn't set a market value, but it collectively bargains the salaries, salary cap, etc. on behalf of its members. In econimics when studying a bilateral monopoly, one of the main examples is major pro sports in America.
 6 years ago '07        #123
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,399 | Props total: 13110 13110
 r.burgundy said:
see gilbert arenas,grant hill etc etc.injury is not a risk lol.damn near any job industry deals wit injury

exactly.but they can bankrupt by constantly pumpin millions and not seein return on investment

players tried that stance 1st,and in this case,take it or leave it is good negotiation because like u said,owners can just fold tha league

owners original stance was 45% bri,now its at 50.if players wont accept 50,and owners wont go higher,their is no need to talk
lmfao yea OK injury isn't a risk, as long as u get hurt at the beginning of a long contract and don't care about playing out the rest of ur career.

and i'm not too concerned being injured sitting at my desk or going to a client meeting as a consultant .

ur entire argument is "owners own sh*t so they call shots."

that holds no water in collective bargaining. u just said take it or leave it is good negotiation, even though it violates the basic rules of collective bargaining. i'm done.

6 years ago '05        #124
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,886 | Props total: 8410 8410
 TriniSoldier said:
Owners can be replaced seamlessly. So with or without the ones we have there would be a league. The same can't be said for the players
who said owners cant be replaced? but the point remains YOU STILL NEED OWNERS, just like players can be replaced but you still need them
 6 years ago '07        #125
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 r.burgundy said:
u lose
you know I'll debate you under a bus...don't get me started Mr. Burgundy...argue with these kids on why a 50/50 split is good over the life of this contract
 6 years ago '07        #126
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4836 4836
 joshdogg26 said:
lmfao yea OK injury isn't a risk, as long as u get hurt at the beginning of a long contract and don't care about playing out the rest of ur career.

and i'm not too concerned being injured sitting at my desk or going to a client meeting as a consultant .

ur entire argument is "owners own sh*t so they call shots."

that holds no water in collective bargaining. u just said take it or leave it is good negotiation, even though it violates the basic rules of collective bargaining. i'm done.

tha point is if u dont get injured,then there is no risk for tha player lol.u really reachin if thats tha best risk u can come up wit.lets compare risk between owners and players

1 of my friends developed carpal tunnel from his desk

thats how it works

players said they refuse 50,so owners said take it or leave it.its called a stalemate.both sides dont budge so theres no point
 6 years ago '07        #127
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 KnicksLost said:
you know I'll debate you under a bus...don't get me started Mr. Burgundy...argue with these kids on why a 50/50 split is good over the life of this contract
comin from tha dumbass who thinks that its 1000's of players in 30 team league
 6 years ago '07        #128
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 JOHNSNAKE06 said:
I'm not saying that the players themselves are being bought and sold, but the players are selling their services. The owners are paying for that service, making them buyers. The NBA is the dominate buyer of those services. How many major pro basketball leagues are there in the US? How many pro basketball leagues around the world can compete with the NBA? The NBA isn't the only buyer, but they are the dominant buyer. The moment every player enters the league he becomes a member of the union. The union doesn't set a market value, but it collectively bargains the salaries, salary cap, etc. on behalf of its members. In econimics when studying a bilateral monopoly, one of the main examples is major pro sports in America.
their is no buyin an sellin lol.i get what your sayin but your over simplifying it.pro sports is a unique buisness model.take somethin like bri for instance.nobody but owners knows exactly what it means,and value of players is hard to determine.22 out of 30 teams lost money yet somehow they generated record profits
 6 years ago '06        #129
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,361 | Props total: 558 558
 r.burgundy said:
their is no buyin an sellin lol.i get what your sayin but your over simplifying it.pro sports is a unique buisness model.take somethin like bri for instance.nobody but owners knows exactly what it means,and value of players is hard to determine.22 out of 30 teams lost money yet somehow they generated record profits
Look up NBA and bilateral monopoly and you will understand what I am saying about buyers and sellers.

Also, pro sports are unique, that is exactly why you can't compare it to a doctor, lawyer, stock broker, etc.

I agree that the value of the players is hard to determine. The elite players are easier to value, they have more of a direct impact on ticket and merchandise sales. But, its tough to put a value on the average player. I also think the owners and the league have created this monster by marketing individual talent more than teams and paying players that aren't elite like they are.
 6 years ago '04        #130
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,195 | Props total: 3340 3340
Im starting to feel a STRONG sense of apathy for this entire situation!!!

You know what how about fu*k Stern, fu*k the Owners, fu*k the Players and fu*k the NBA!!!

Pistons were gonna suck a.ss anyway. My Lions, Tigers, and Wings>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

College Bball>>> NBA 2k12 playing with legends>>>>

Hope they lose half their fanbase for this garbage a bunch of greedy bastards all across the board! fu*k Em!!!
 6 years ago '05        #131
dzuki77 
space
space
$1,442 | Props total: 66 66
i wonder what Jordan is saying????
 6 years ago '04        #132
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,195 | Props total: 3340 3340
 JOHNSNAKE06 said:
Still not the same thing. Pro sports are unlike any of those professions. Lawyers, doctors, stock brokers etc., are a dime a dozen. They can be replaced in no time with little impact to the company's bottom line. They are not the actual product being sold. For the most part, you can plug Doctor A in for Doctor B without a problem. You can't plug Player X in for Lebron James, just ask the entire city of Cleveland.
this...

But the same thing can be said about the owners. There are not a lot of billionaires walking around for one, and ones willing to dump hundreds of millions into a losing business.

No Players=No NBA
No Owners=No NBA

so is 50/50 that bad of a deal, I dont think so. But until they figure it out and SELL me a very high quality product its... fu*kEM!!!
 6 years ago '09        #133
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,433 | Props total: 12370 12370
 luvdahaze said:
tricky but thats only for this season..the settlement would be for years to come..plus revenues will jump with new tv deals coming..SOOO in actually this year they might lose money or break even but for the next 10 years or so they will be gettin what they fought for
But, if they miss half this season or even the whole season, they would lose three years worth of extra money just for that extra three percent. So, why f!ght if you're only getting two years of 53% before the next negotiation. Unless the players have decided to go with the owners decision to make it a ten year CBA. Then that makes a little more sense because they would get seven years at 53%.
 10-08-2011, 02:46 PM         #134
MRWILSON024 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is a shame it really is real NBA Fans know whats going on here.We want this deal to get done because I wanna see that first game between Miami vs New York Knicks
 6 years ago '09        #135
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,433 | Props total: 12370 12370
 1nonly said:
I hate this argument more than anything. They get paid what they do because few people can play at the level they play at. Because people pay money to go watch them play or sit at home in front of a TV or computer to see what they do.

That's why they get what they get get paid.

Nobody is going to watch you play basketball on TV or buy tickets to watch you ball.
They get paid that because fans and companies throw money at the NBA to support it. If the fans and sponsors ever decided that they didn't want players paid as much anymore they would stop supporting the leagues financially and then you would see the salaries drop.

But, we know fans and companies are idiots and will pay no matter what the cost.
 6 years ago '05        #136
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,403 | Props total: 679 679
Don't think for a second that the owners care about these players... Most of these owners have the teams as a damn project to make money... They know what it takes to make money and will step on anyone to make more... Stern is worse than the owners are... I still don't understand why he gets like $20 mil a year to play manager... smh

If anything, the cap should be removed like baseball and these players need to get more of what they help generate for these owners... The superstars aren't hurt, it's the role players and Brian Scalabrine's that are hurt.... All the superstars have endorsements outside of the NBA that keep them paid year round... SO increase what every player gets based off the revenue of the league as a whole...

The average NBA player is better off than your 9-5 worker but on scale of NBA players, they should have more in their poclets...
 6 years ago '04        #137
mikebizzle 
space
space
$322 | Props total: 0 0
 Lester86 said:
fu*k these greedy a.ss n*ggas.

These players need to take the 50/50 deal and shut up. The reason that ownership can make rules for how much players get paid is because they put up the money in the first place to hire staff, build arenas and practice facilities....etc.... The fu*k these players thinking? ESPECIALLY the playersm aking 12-15 mil per year and bi*ching about this nonsense.

fu*k the NBA right now

:agreement6: THIS^^^
 6 years ago '05        #138
The Dauqs 
space
space
space
$366 | Props total: 0 0
Most of you guys are looking at 50/50 and are going "Oh that seems fair" just because it's 50/50. What you're missing is that is 50/50 on Basketball Related Income and not ALL Income.
You are not factoring the income the owners get outside of the BRI that the players get none of. The BRI is the income where the players get their piece of the pie. With the BRI at 50/50, the player's get shafted. Dropping from 57 to 53 is more than fair, but it's the owner's being greedy.

It's all PR. With Stern going out in the media putting the 50/50 deal out there spinning it to be a fair deal when it's not. That's what Raja was alluding to in that article. Some of you need to actually read about what's going on, instead of watching Stern's BS spin on things.
 6 years ago '04        #139
lment 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,040 | Props total: 66 66
fu*k the nba

:wtf:
 6 years ago '05        #140
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,004 | Props total: 1321 1321
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy