Players wont agree to 50/50 split of Basketball Related Income...Meeting before deadline off

most viewed right now
 77
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
153 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 64
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 56
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 33
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #101
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 KnicksLost said:
that 50 is being split amongst thousands of players...owners pocket the tv money
dude there is less than 500 players in tha nba
 6 years ago '04        #102
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$18,911 | Props total: 1156 1156
 armstrong boy said:
owners r fu*kin stupid they just take 53 54% for the players call it a day they lose money its their fault overpaying players n giving coaches 3 4 year deals then fire them after a year will 10mill still owed to them owners fault for not running a sucessful business players r producing them money n are the attraction for the league
game. over!


[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '07        #103
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13067 13067
 r.burgundy said:
tha players did that earlier by refusin to budge off of 57%.

i hav plenty knowledge of unions which is why i corrected u.they werent formed to dictate anything.they formed to get fair treatment.

but nba isnt a regular work situation.owners are on strike here,not employees
not dictate in a literal sense, but their entire purpose is to give them representation and the right to make demands from their employers. they don't necessarily get everything that they demand, but yes, their function is to f!ght for things like better wages and working conditions, obviously.

and the union's demands rn't regular either, because they're not asking for more of anything. they're absorbing $200 million of the alleged losses without a peep, and the league wants another $80 million just for sh*ts. and what happens next time the CBA is up? owners want players to take 45%? this is a NEGOTIATION, there has to be compromise. the players have compromised, the owners have attempted to dictate, which, again, violates the very definition of collective bargaining because they r not doing so in good faith.
 6 years ago '07        #104
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 joshdogg26 said:
not dictate in a literal sense, but their entire purpose is to give them representation and the right to make demands from their employers. they don't necessarily get everything that they demand, but yes, their function is to f!ght for things like better wages and working conditions, obviously.

and the union's demands rn't regular either, because they're not asking for more of anything. they're absorbing $200 million of the alleged losses without a peep, and the league wants another $80 million just for sh*ts. and what happens next time the CBA is up? owners want players to take 45%? this is a NEGOTIATION, there has to be compromise. the players have compromised, the owners have attempted to dictate, which, again, violates the very definition of collective bargaining because they r not doing so in good faith.
they arent absorbing any loss cause all they do is get paid.risk falls entirely on ownership

there was a big compromise.owners dont hav to giv them sh*t.cba is dictated by economy.economy is sh*t right now.that effects owners more than players,so if in 10 years tha economy booms again,then owners will be more likely to giv players a higher bri
 6 years ago '07        #105
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
all yall f*ggots shut da fu*k up especially yall slave master raised white boys. Players are making the right moves, it ain't about now. Its about what them and everyone before them worked hard for building this league. You don't give back something you earned, that slave sh*t is over. And trust the players are well prepared for a lockout and have been for atleast 3 years. Ask even young guys like Rondo what they were doing with their money and you will see this ain't a league filled wit dummies like they want you to think.
 6 years ago '07        #106
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 r.burgundy said:
they arent absorbing any loss cause all they do is get paid.risk falls entirely on ownership

there was a big compromise.owners dont hav to giv them sh*t.cba is dictated by economy.economy is sh*t right now.that effects owners more than players,so if in 10 years tha economy booms again,then owners will be more likely to giv players a higher bri
who said that the NBA was a sure profit. n*ggas need to reevaluate their investments. The owners real problems are themselves...reckless spending and the expanding of the NBA is hurting their overall profit.
 6 years ago '07        #107
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 Cambury said:
all yall f*ggots shut da fu*k up especially yall slave master raised white boys. Players are making the right moves, it ain't about now. Its about what them and everyone before them worked hard for building this league. You don't give back something you earned, that slave sh*t is over. And trust the players are well prepared for a lockout and have been for atleast 3 years. Ask even young guys like Rondo what they were doing with their money and you will see this ain't a league filled wit dummies like they want you to think.
despite tha fact that 70% go broke 5 years after thier career and guys like eddy curry are broke while still playin

bball is a privledge,not a right
 6 years ago '07        #108
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 Cambury said:
who said that the NBA was a sure profit. n*ggas need to reevaluate their investments. The owners real problems are themselves...reckless spending and the expanding of the NBA is hurting their overall profit.
so if its not a sure profit why on gods green earth would they give thier employees 57% of bri lol.tha reason we hav this lockout is that it hasnt been profitin yet players want tha same deal because its most profitable to them
 6 years ago '07        #109
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 r.burgundy said:
despite tha fact that 70% go broke 5 years after thier career and guys like eddy curry are broke while still playin

bball is a privledge,not a right
this is a new breed of player. They know their worth and they are business saavy. The stars now are alot more prepared to deal with money then even 5-10 years ago.
 6 years ago '07        #110
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 r.burgundy said:
so if its not a sure profit why on gods green earth would they give thier employees 57% of bri lol.tha reason we hav this lockout is that it hasnt been profitin yet players want tha same deal because its most profitable to them
the players are their own business. You don't call Bill Gates and "employee" cuz he sits on the board and isn't the chairman. And I never saw an employee that takes in more money than an owner. From a basketball standpoint in 1 year Mark Cuban will not take home more money than Dirk becuz that money has to be reinvested.
 6 years ago '08        #111
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
avatar space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 StateProperty88 said:
thats not true, if they're were no owners there would be no NBA, basketball is a sport...but the NBA is a business, and to run a business you need businessmen
But lets be real here all those owners would not walk away. But all the players that matter would.
 6 years ago '05        #112
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 YoungRay20 said:
But lets be real here all those owners would not walk away. But all the players that matter would.
this doesnt change the fact that without the owners there wouldnt be a league.
 6 years ago '07        #113
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13067 13067
 r.burgundy said:
they arent absorbing any loss cause all they do is get paid.risk falls entirely on ownership

there was a big compromise.owners dont hav to giv them sh*t.cba is dictated by economy.economy is sh*t right now.that effects owners more than players,so if in 10 years tha economy booms again,then owners will be more likely to giv players a higher bri
they're absorbing plenty of risk because an everyday injury could end their careers and they depend on this income for their livelihood. not one owner in the NBA would be bankrupted if his team folded. owners admittedly from their own mouths do not view an NBA team as a typical investment. it's like a collector's item and a cool perk to them. it's a hobby. they don't give a fu*k about risk, and they still see a return on it. a "take it or leave it" offer is by definition a violation of good faith collective bargaining, as is refusing to meet and negotiate. that is not compromise. u clearly don't understand the situation, ur dumbing it down way too much.
 6 years ago '09        #114
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
avatar space
space
$49,102 | Props total: 22556 22556
 StateProperty88 said:
this doesnt change the fact that without the owners there wouldnt be a league.
Plenty of big money people in the world. But not that many with top NBA level talent
 6 years ago '08        #115
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154
 YoungRay20 said:
But lets be real here all those owners would not walk away. But all the players that matter would.
Why wouldn't they?

Most of the owners dont need the NBA, they have businesses that they run that make them more then enough money.

If some of the small market owners actually are losing money I don't see why they wouldn't walk away, they are businessmen after all.



Just my 2 cents, but the players need the NBA more than the owners do.
 6 years ago '05        #116
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 TriniSoldier said:
Plenty of big money people in the world. But not that many with top NBA level talent
what does this have to do with my point?
 6 years ago '07        #117
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13067 13067
i'm just gonna leave this dan gilbert quote here...

"To me, NBA franchises are like pieces of art. There are only 30 of them. They aren't always on the market, especially a franchise that would have been such a natural fit. … If you just looked at the Cavaliers in terms of revenues, profits and balance sheets — and you paid this amount for it — people would say 'You're insane! You're nuts.' But if you look at all the tentacles, the impact on our other venues, it makes tremendous sense. We have now opened a Cleveland office [of Quicken Loans] and that's tremendously successful. Our employees love it that we're a.ssociated with the Cavs and can come to games — that helps us attract and keep better people. There are a lot of nonprofit things that can be done with pro sports. It brings an unbelievable amount of excitement."
 6 years ago '07        #118
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 joshdogg26 said:
they're absorbing plenty of risk because an everyday injury could end their careers and they depend on this income for their livelihood. not one owner in the NBA would be bankrupted if his team folded. owners admittedly from their own mouths do not view an NBA team as a typical investment. it's like a collector's item and a cool perk to them. it's a hobby. they don't give a fu*k about risk, and they still see a return on it. a "take it or leave it" offer is by definition a violation of good faith collective bargaining, as is refusing to meet and negotiate. that is not compromise. u clearly don't understand the situation, ur dumbing it down way too much.
see gilbert arenas,grant hill etc etc.injury is not a risk lol.damn near any job industry deals wit injury

exactly.but they can bankrupt by constantly pumpin millions and not seein return on investment

players tried that stance 1st,and in this case,take it or leave it is good negotiation because like u said,owners can just fold tha league

owners original stance was 45% bri,now its at 50.if players wont accept 50,and owners wont go higher,their is no need to talk
 6 years ago '07        #119
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 r.burgundy said:
dude there is less than 500 players in tha nba
same sh*t now count how many owners are in the league....sounds fair right??
 6 years ago '07        #120
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 KnicksLost said:
same sh*t now count how many owners are in the league....sounds fair right??
u lose
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 4
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy