Players wont agree to 50/50 split of Basketball Related Income...Meeting before deadline off

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
140 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #61
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4898 4898
I don't know if anyone heard Shannon Brown this past week on the radio discussing the reason why they don't want 50/50. Basically they don't want to spit in the face of the guys of 98-99 who negotiated that 57% majority. And they also don't want take a 7% decrease and put the next generation of players in a bad position because I think we all know that if the players went 50/50 now...when that cba expires the owners will want the players to take even less.

My feelings on it is that it's not the players fault the owners are spending money unwisely. But we r looking at a long lockout and probably missed season if they don't accept it. So for the sake of the Nba as a league and brand the players need to take the 50/50 and worry about the future when they get there.
 6 years ago '10        #62
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 Mouse Da Don said:
After the first two weeks of the season are cancelled, and on november 15th, the players don't receive that first paycheck, they'll take that 50/50 deal. Simple as that.
they will be lucky to get a 50/50 deal
 6 years ago '08        #63
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 Spiffy said:
looks like the season is gone

thank god for football and hockey
neither of those sports exciting enough for me.
 6 years ago '08        #64
space
space
 Mouse Da Don said:
After the first two weeks of the season are cancelled, and on november 15th, the players don't receive that first paycheck, they'll take that 50/50 deal. Simple as that.
Chill Veteran already have a bank account setup just for that reason.

xeduran said:
This mentality has to stop. I have stated several times on here the following. There are only a handful of people on this planet who can truly innovate and create a new design in their field. Whether it be a brand new engine, cpu, operating system, etc. These same people get paid peanuts compared to their owners/stock holders. These people make the product to the same extent that NBA players make the product. In fact, these people are more important to the world than NBA players. NBA is just a game when it comes down to it. Innovators push technology forward and make lasting impacts on the world, yet they do not get paid ridiculous amounts of money like NBA players.

The players are being greedy plain and simple. To want even 50% when they are taking 0 risk money wise is completely ridiculous. Are they buying teams? Investing their own money in teams? When a team fails and has to move, are they hurt financially?
Wow I don't know how some regular Joe sitting at home can say athletes are being greedy. Have you ever broke anything. I think the physical damages players are worth more the damages these owners are trying to screw the players for. Lets be real the owners can take 52% and make the rest make up the money somewhere. WHy lowball the players who do all the hardwork.

How are players being greedy when the Bri was 57% last season and at one point the Bri was all the in the owners favor.

Does the 50/50 look good? Yes to most who aren't in the NBA. I'm sure the older players from the previous lockouts are shaking their heads right, watching the owners back the players up against the wall after the poor decisions Owners made...

Last edited by YoungRay20; 10-08-2011 at 06:24 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #65
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,394 | Props total: 3865 3865
I dont like how people keep trying to compare the NBA with their 9-5. NBA is entertainment. You compare them to entertainers (Dave Chappelle, Leo Dicaprio, The Rock), not to your homey working in accounts payable.

No one cares about you. You cant make any demands because u hold no value to the public. Your face, talent and personality do not sell tickets, tmobile phone contracts(lol), sell out clubs, increase ratings, or anything of the sort.

You just go to work and do something they could train someone from another country to do for less. These players have worked hard to become the best talent this country has for this profession. And while the nba may not save lives or advance technology, it is a huge part of so many people's lives and there are sh*t loads of money being thrown around.
 6 years ago '09        #66
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,654 | Props total: 2764 2764
n*ggas better start borrowing from Kobe, at a interest rate of 50%
 6 years ago '11        #67
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,394 | Props total: 3865 3865
Also, to the soft a.ss n*ggaz claiming the players should just take whatever they are given: i hope u are never in a position to negotiate anything.

This is the same sh*t that is going on with our economy. Big businesses have all the fu*king money. Their sh*tty business practices fu*k everything up, then they want us to give them more money just so they can continue to fu*k up.

These owners need to make better decisions. Scout better draft picks, stop giving players crazy guaranteed money. I know thats kinda hard for some of the lesser known teams, but u cant ask all NBA players to take a hit just cuz the sh*tty teams cant make themselves less sh*tty. Its not like its impossible. OKC Thunder became a dominant force just after a few years in the league cuz they made good decisions (until this season).
 10-08-2011, 08:06 AM         #68
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
your mentality needs to stop clown. lol at the notion because other people are getting pimped that this union should lay down and just be yes man to the owners lmfaooo.. no wonder why occupywall street is going on. shout out the players for being smart and not letting the owners get acouple more hundreds of millions of dollars in their fat pockets without a f!ght
You are the fool that does not understand how business works or the fact that the players do not take any risks. It is not getting pimped, it is called business. If the players want shares of the revenues, tell them to put up some money for the arena. Some money for the purchase of the team they are playing for. At the end of the day, owners are losing money and players are still making money.
 10-08-2011, 08:08 AM         #69
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dextromethorphan said:
He is due to receive $25million (15.5million) in shares, which he was able to buy for 7million, according to regulatory filings to the Securities and Exchange Commission in New York, reported in The Sunday Times.

Read more:

He bought those shares, how about you read. Are players buying shares of the team? Nope. He risked his own money. If Apple does bad, his money is lost. Players want money during the good times and take no risk during the bad times. That is not greedy? Ok.

Last edited by xeduran; 10-08-2011 at 08:22 AM..
 10-08-2011, 08:15 AM         #70
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YoungRay20 said:
Chill Veteran already have a bank account setup just for that reason.

Wow I don't know how some regular Joe sitting at home can say athletes are being greedy. Have you ever broke anything. I think the physical damages players are worth more the damages these owners are trying to screw the players for. Lets be real the owners can take 52% and make the rest make up the money somewhere. WHy lowball the players who do all the hardwork.

How are players being greedy when the Bri was 57% last season and at one point the Bri was all the in the owners favor.

Does the 50/50 look good? Yes to most who aren't in the NBA. I'm sure the older players from the previous lockouts are shaking their heads right, watching the owners back the players up against the wall after the poor decisions Owners made...
Because they are being greedy. Owners are losing money. What about that do you not understand. A business is losing money and its employees are screaming for more money. That is called greed. It does not take an athlete to recognize that. Physical damages are part of the sport just like they are part of any job that requires a lot of physical activity. Why should the players be lowballed? Really? They put in ZERO risk. Owners put in all the risk. Why should someone who puts up his own money to buy a team and help pay for an arena be forced to play players more money when he is losing money? Are the players going to share the losses 53% to 50%?

If the players do not like it, tell them to team up and form their own league. Build their own arenas. Pay for the salaries of the arena workers. Pay for any advertising for their team. Lets see how they would feel about it then. Managing the finances of owning a team is not a simple thing.

At the end of the day, they are making millions and would still be making millions with a 50/50 deal. If that is not enough money for them, then maybe they need to learn how to manage their finances better.

Last edited by xeduran; 10-08-2011 at 08:19 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #71
space
space
 xeduran said:
You are the fool that does not understand how business works or the fact that the players do not take any risks. It is not getting pimped, it is called business. If the players want shares of the revenues, tell them to put up some money for the arena. Some money for the purchase of the team they are playing for. At the end of the day, owners are losing money and players are still making money.
Tell them fat a.ss owners come on the court and entertain us.
Go break a shoulder, a Knee, a Finger
bi*ch roll an ankle

Overpaying and signing bad contracts not part of business?

Tell Stern to take a paycut too.
 6 years ago '08        #72
space
space
 xeduran said:
Because they are being greedy. Owners are losing money. What about that do you not understand. A business is losing money and its employees are screaming for more money. That is called greed. It does not take an athlete to recognize that. Physical damages are part of the sport just like they are part of any job that requires a lot of physical activity. Why should the players be lowballed? Really? They put in ZERO risk. Owners put in all the risk. Why should someone who puts up his own money to buy a team and help pay for an arena be forced to play players more money when he is losing money? Are the players going to share the losses 53% to 50%?
How is going down for 57% to 52% screaming for more money? Fill me in here how are they ask for more money? Because the owners already losing 57% what not settle and go down to the 52%?

Well how about the owners manage their investment better? They're Body and Talents>>>> these whinning owners.

We don't watch the nba for owners. That's part of risk of starting the franchise, we giving up our money to see the players.

No players no Nba
You can't say No owners No Nba

Because they're will always be someone ready to investment and owners happy with the situation they're in.

I'm sure most of those teams losing money didn't make the right decision all the time and they've mad some costly decisions.

Last edited by YoungRay20; 10-08-2011 at 08:24 AM..
 10-08-2011, 08:25 AM         #73
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YoungRay20 said:
How is going down for 57% to 52% screaming for more money? Fill me in here how are they ask for more money? Because the owners already losing 57% what not settle and go down to the 52%?

Well how about the owners manage their investment better? They're Body and Talents>>>> these whinning owners.

We don't watch the nba for owners. That's part of risk of starting the franchise, we giving up our money to see the players.

No players no Nba

Because they're will always be someone ready to investment and owners happy with the situation they're in.
Players still making money while owners are losing money equal the players getting more money. NBA owners would like to make money as well. It is not easy to make money when your team is in a small market and no great player wants to go there. You want the NBA to shrink to 10 teams?
 10-08-2011, 08:27 AM         #74
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YoungRay20 said:

No players no Nba

I'm sure most of those teams losing money didn't make the right decision all the time and they've mad some costly decisions.
The NBA used to pay their players much less. They can still provide some kind of product if they wanted to. Trust me, plenty of ok players would play in the NBA for much less. As for the owners, they make money regardless. You think these owners only manage NBA teams? The majority of them have other business ventures. What are the NBA players going to do? They have no leverage here.

And you got it wrong, no investment by owners and no NBA. To say that the owners are useless is ridiculous. If rich people decide that the NBA is not profitable because of players' salaries, they will just not invest in buying a team.

Last edited by xeduran; 10-08-2011 at 08:31 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #75
space
space
 xeduran said:
Players still making money while owners are losing money equal the players getting more money. NBA owners would like to make money as well. It is not easy to make money when your team is in a small market and no great player wants to go there. You want the NBA to shrink to 10 teams?
I'm sure this isn't all about small markets not making enough money. They're other way to solve the problem instead of lowballing players. Just take 52% and run your invest better.
There will be other rules discussed besides the BRI.
 6 years ago '08        #76
space
space
 xeduran said:
The NBA used to pay their players much less. They can still provide some kind of product if they wanted to. Trust me, plenty of ok players would play in the NBA for much less. As for the owners, they make money regardless. You think these owners only manage NBA teams? The majority of them have other business ventures. What are the NBA players going to do? They have no leverage here.

And you got it wrong, no investment by owners and no NBA. To say that the owners are useless is ridiculous. If rich people decide that the NBA is not profitable because of players' salaries, they will just not invest in buying a team.
Then No Nba then cause we the customers want to see our stars. How about owners just manage their investments better? is that not an option. If the players don't want 50/50 then k!ll the fu*king league we"ll watch them play overseas. I not siding with no fu*king owners because they aren't one entertaining me. The way I see it, they"ll make up the money other ways besides the BRI.

sh*t, players/owner aren't the only ones who will be losing money. Its still the owners fault for not taking the 52%. Your bring them down from 57% to 52%. Now they saying they wont talk if theres no 50/50.

My thing is, its already at 57% how hard is it come down to 52%?

Last edited by YoungRay20; 10-08-2011 at 08:58 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #77
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,377 | Props total: 21455 21455
fu*kkkk!!!
 10-08-2011, 09:00 AM         #78
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YoungRay20 said:
Then No Nba then cause we the customers want to see our stars. How about owners just manage their investments better? is that not an option. If the players don't want 50/50 then k!ll the fu*king league we"ll watch them play overseas. I not siding with no fu*king owners because they aren't one entertaining me. The way I see it, they"ll make up the money other ways besides the BRI.

sh*t, players/owner aren't the only ones who will be losing money. Its still the owners fault for not taking the 52%. Your bring them down from 57% to 52%.
No they are not. Sadly normal working people will be losing a lot of money as well. The owners are just going to wait it out though. Players can talk all they want, but they are very stupid when it comes to money for the most part. That is just a fact. Very few of them are willing to play overseas for pretty much peanuts compared to what they can make here. A lot of players live check to check. They are going to feel the pressure much sooner than the owners.
 6 years ago '10        #79
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,731 | Props total: 19626 19626
That deal isn't really 50/50; not if the players already believe owners never really lost money to begin with.

The end result is decertification by the players and a lawsuit forcing the league to show all things finance. Then we'll see who's been lying or not.

Last edited by Hovi Bryant; 10-08-2011 at 09:09 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #80
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
The flaw with the "Players are the top 1% of 1% in the world" argument is that even though they are the best at what they do, they still need teams and owners to play on. If they didn't, at this point they'd tell the owners "we dont need you" and start their own league, but they can't. Yes, they're the product, but iphones wouldn't sell unless there's marketing teams, branding teams and financial people setting price points and drawing people to the sale.

The players need the owners more than the owners need the players, but the players have enough leverage to make this a stalemate. You can technically always find replacement players, the level of competition wont be there, but dont act like cats like Rashard Lewis and Kevin Martin aren't replaceable. Without the NBA, alot of these players couldn't just go overseas and make the same type of money and live the same life. But the Owners know that without the Lebron's and Kobe's, all of their teams become worth the same and thats not the name of the game. I think the lockout is going to be good for the league in the long run...Look what the lockout did to Hockey, it took a few years, but now the game is popular and arguably stronger than ever.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
57 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
51 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
68 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
42 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
142 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
161 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy