Players wont agree to 50/50 split of Basketball Related Income...Meeting before deadline off

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
6954 pageviews
160 comments

ogballer32 400 heat pts400
space
space
$4,977 | Props total: 2537 2537
Players wont agree to 50/50 split of Basketball Related Income...Meeting before deadline off

[pic - click to view]

A meeting between the NBA Players a.ssociation and the league's owners was broached, then canceled over the league's demand that any session include agreement on a 50-50 revenue split, sources said.

The union asked the owners to meet before Monday's league-imposed deadline for canceling the first two weeks of the season. But according to sources, the owners wanted the players to agree to a 50-50 split of basketball related income, which was first raised during Tuesday's bargaining session.

When the union rejected that condition, the owners said there was no need to meet, sources said.

As a result, the first two weeks of the season will almost certainly be canceled.

David Stern and union executive director Billy Hunter talked Wednesday and Thursday and sources say both sides were hoping to meet in one last effort to save the scheduled start of the season on Nov. 1.

But when the owners demanded an up-front agreement to the 50-50 split, which was raised during Tuesday's bargaining session, the players balked.

Instead, Hunter will hold a regional meeting with players in Miami, where LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are holding a charity game Saturday night, sources said.

Hunter will then hold a similar meeting with players in Los Angeles on Monday.

[pic - click to view]

Meeting between NBA owners, union scuttled over 50-50 split demand, sources say - ESPN

There goes the first 2 weeks of the season

160 comments for "Players wont agree to 50/50 split of Basketball Related Income...Meeting before deadline off"

6 years ago '04        #2
armstrong boy 
space
space
space
$2,086 | Props total: 631 631
owners r fu*kin stupid they just take 53 54% for the players call it a day they lose money its their fault overpaying players n giving coaches 3 4 year deals then fire them after a year will 10mill still owed to them owners fault for not running a sucessful business players r producing them money n are the attraction for the league
 6 years ago '09        #3
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
looks like the season is gone

thank god for football and hockey
 10-07-2011, 06:56 PM         #4
Sephiroth757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Get ya NBA2K12 ready.
 6 years ago '07        #5
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Sephiroth757 said:
Get ya NBA2K12 ready.
 6 years ago '10        #6
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
the players better fu*ken take a deal because these owners will wait them out easy
 6 years ago '07        #7
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,031 | Props total: 30285 30285
fuk the nba.... rigged bullsh*t
 6 years ago '08        #8
clenz7621 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,415 | Props total: 31 31
what a joke
 6 years ago '07        #9
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,373 | Props total: 13028 13028
lol players say "hey guys, let's make another effort to work this out"

owners say "ok lolz we can negotiate but only if u unconditionally agree to our terms, which r non-negotiable"
 6 years ago '09        #10
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
Players are dumb
 6 years ago '09        #11
space
space
The players are holding out for an additional $120 million in 2011-12, but holding out costs them $82.4 million per week. They would lose everything they stand to gain this season in less than two weeks. On Monday the league is expected to announce the cancellation of the first two weeks of the season, which will cost the players $164.8 million.

Over a six year agreement, the players would burn through the $796 million in a little under 10 weeks. If they continue to hold out for 53 percent, and the owners hold firm at 50 percent, the players will reach the break-even point around December 16th. If the sides settle for 53 percent past that date, then the players would have been better off by taking the owners’ offer of 50 percent before games were cancelled.

pretty long read by BX standards in the link
 6 years ago '05        #12
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
derek fisher is looking like an idiot, the agents fu*ked their own players when stern was telling them(the players) "take this deal im telling you they(agents) are faking it about decertifying, they wont do it, so take this best deal", then what do you know? the agents say aa fu*k it now lets deal with the owners (maaaaaad late)now that the owners they didnt take the bluff, very dumbass move. Now you expect stern to give you better deal than that? if anything the deal is gonna get worst, and if youre planning to wait for that deal to change, mr fisher, then you are sadly mistaken or better wait for months. fu*kin dumbass
 6 years ago '07        #13
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,373 | Props total: 13028 13028
 VinceTran said:
Before u guys bi*ch about owners greed, walk into ur job and ask for a raise equaling 50-50 split of revenue. Hey bosses dont do anything ? Why should u work for 10 dollars an hour.
i don't know where u work, but my boss doesn't make as much as all of his employees combined...
 6 years ago '05        #14
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
 VinceTran said:
Before u guys bi*ch about owners greed, walk into ur job and ask for a raise equaling 50-50 split of revenue. Hey bosses dont do anything ? Why should u work for 10 dollars an hour.

I agree the players arent the reason why the salaries are high. The majority of owners are losing money. Why not sign for 50-50 for a couple seasons. Nobody in the nba is going to make anything near their nba salaries. Players will always lose . Same reason why people work for minimum wage. Owners of businesses have more money then the employees, they got power. Basketball used to be about passion and heart, now its about money. Dumb, i got football
same thing i was thinking. you know what i think? i think fisher has one of those incompetent dumbasses like lebron making comments to fisher,without even knowing what exactly they are talking about ,and putting the battery on his back to make him look tough for them, u can see that he looks like the ultimate tool/ Right now its really hard for the players to save face after stern offered you a good a.ss deal that would help out the non star players. now youre just asking for more cuz probably the stars are telling you to do it
 6 years ago '09        #15
space
space
 VinceTran said:

I agree the players arent the reason why the salaries are high. The majority of owners are losing money. Why not sign for 50-50 for a couple seasons. Nobody in the nba is going to make anything near their nba salaries. Players will always lose . Same reason why people work for minimum wage. Owners of businesses have more money then the employees, they got power. Basketball used to be about passion and heart, now its about money. Dumb, i got football
I would suggest you stop being an employee if you feel you deserve half because you work more than the head of the company.

In the words of k!lla k!ll From Da Ville, "fire yo boss and be a boss".
 6 years ago '04        #16
Lester86 
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 7 7
fu*k these greedy a.ss n*ggas.

These players need to take the 50/50 deal and shut up. The reason that ownership can make rules for how much players get paid is because they put up the money in the first place to hire staff, build arenas and practice facilities....etc.... The fu*k these players thinking? ESPECIALLY the playersm aking 12-15 mil per year and bi*ching about this nonsense.

fu*k the NBA right now
 6 years ago '05        #17
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I would suggest you stop being an employee if you feel you deserve half because you work more than the head of the company.

In the words of k!lla k!ll From Da Ville, "fire yo boss and be a boss".
i definitely understand that and go by that motto aswell, but when they are putting facts/numbers in your face,telling you that its impossible to do it, you got to milk the best deal
 6 years ago '06        #18
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,359 | Props total: 553 553
 VinceTran said:

You cant compare your job to a pro athlete's. None of us here generate the type of revenue for our companies as these guys do for theirs. Also, if you or I are fired or quit our jobs we can easily be replaced. How do you replace a Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, etc.? How long do you think it would take?

I agree the players arent the reason why the salaries are high. The majority of owners are losing money. Why not sign for 50-50 for a couple seasons.

The deal will be a long term deal, not a couple of seasons. It will span the rest of most of the current veteran player's careers. And will span the best years of most of the young players. They are trying secure their futures.

Nobody in the nba is going to make anything near their nba salaries. Players will always lose . Same reason why people work for minimum wage. Owners of businesses have more money then the employees, they got power. Basketball used to be about passion and heart, now its about money. Dumb, i got football
I have to agree that ultimately the players will lose, the owners will wait them out. Money does give them leverage and they seem to be prepared to miss the entire season if need be. I hope that they can find some common ground and salvage the season, but it doesn't look good.

Last edited by JOHNSNAKE06; 10-07-2011 at 11:54 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #19
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
imo this isn't football.... most even above casual fans would have liked some tweeking with the GURANTEED contracts.... granted I take some bargining optinions with a grain of salt... but cmmon from what I understand the owners are saying, lets keep giving these cats money, and let them sit on thier a.ss after a few years and play mediocore ball..... fu*k the cats that think thier generated money is so high, cause the media helps them out... In at least 99% of the jobs I know, the worker dosen't get over 50% of the revenue lol.... players take an L on this sh*t... I hear BS about helping the future generation out, but nothing about lowering the age restriction to even play in thier league lol.... players take the L here... cause it isn't footballl and thier product doesn't sell itself..

Last edited by ginobili 20; 10-08-2011 at 01:42 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #20
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,701 | Props total: 6924 6924
 P. Dedos said:
lol at this moron comparing regular 9-5 workers to 400 players with nba talent who work for a multi billion dollar a year revenue bussiness wow your a dumb fu*k
okay how bout we use lawyers instead of reg 9-5 or wall street any other profession the owners/head honchos would laugh at your a.ss
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
23 hours ago