The Official Batman: Arkham City Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #461
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Nightwing Revenge 25
Obtain 78 medals on the original Arkham City and Nightwing Bundle Pack ranked maps (as Nightwing)

Campaign Nightwing 25
Obtain 114 medals on the original Arkham City and Nightwing Bundle Pack campaigns (as Nightwing)

Sigh. Really want more content for the story like side missions and sh*t. Not really a fan of the challenge rooms or anything.
 6 years ago '06        #462
morrow05 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 189 189
 Reppindaburghh said:
at spoiling something he had in spoiler tags.
my bad bruh
 6 years ago '08        #463
Hiero 112 heat pts112 OP
space
space
$19,567 | Props total: 2398 2398
I for one... fu*king LOVE the challenge maps, especially the combat ones. That's all I've been doing for the past week or so. The side missions that I currently have to complete are pretty tough, so I'm just fu*king n*ggas up in Riddler's Revenge.
 6 years ago '08        #464
Hiero 112 heat pts112 OP
space
space

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #465
Hiero 112 heat pts112 OP
space
space
Batman: Arkham City - Nightwing Musings

Two maps and a bunch of videos tell the tale of d!ck Grayson.

Batman: Arkham City isn't even a month old, but the first batch of widely available downloadable content hits your marketplace of choice today. The Nightwing pack will set you back 560 Microsoft Points or $6.99 and give you two new challenge maps (one combat and one invisible predator) and two Nightwing skins (gritty Arkham City version and Batman: The Animated Series version).

I've fooled around with both maps extensively -- keep in mind you can use Nightwing in any other Batman challenge map you've already unlocked -- and while I had a good time, I'm not sure if the investment is worth the return. Nightwing's got a bunch of new moves and gadgets, but he doesn't have a voice and doesn't feel like a fleshed out DLC pack.

What this DLC does right is make Nightwing feel different than the Dark Knight. As soon as the Wayne Armory combat challenge kicked on, Nightwing tossed his escrima sticks in the air, brushed off his shoulder with a grin and caught the sticks. He beat enemies with one hand tucked behind his back, twirled through the air for acrobatic counters, and gracefully leapt from ledge to ledge in the Wayne Manor Predator Challenge. After years of reading comics, yes, that's what I'd imagine the flamboyant acrobat d!ck Grayson playing like.

Straight-up combat gives Nightwing more chances to distance himself from his mentor. Pretty much all of Nightwing's basic moves involve the trademark sticks, but in Arkham City, the weapons have an electrical stun gun feature on the tips. Rather than a cape stun, Nightwing just stabs at bad guys and zaps them. When I had the combo meter high enough to pull off a takedown, one combo had d!ck raise his sticks over his head, slap them together and create an electricity attack to daze every enemy on the map.

The new gadgets don't stop there. Nightwing has a wrist dart he can use to daze enemies and that you can aim via first-person. There's a "wing ding" that's basically a batarang, and you can throw one of the escrima sticks at will -- as well as make an electrical shockwave to knock back foes.

Again, all of this is cool, but I don't know if it's $7 worth of cool. There's no voice for Nightwing, so he doesn't give off any quips as he bashes folks in the head, and in the grand scheme of things, you're just getting two new maps. If you're the type of gamer who loves challenge maps and wants another character to play through them as, you shouldn't debate purchasing this DLC, but if you're like me and really just want more to do in terms of story stuff in Arkham City proper, Nightwing might not be worth it.

*Runs to the PSN Store*
 6 years ago '11        #466
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
I didn't find it when I looked for it. Am I missin somethin?
 6 years ago '08        #467
Hiero 112 heat pts112 OP
space
space
Yeah, I couldn't find it either. PSN hasn't updated their content yet I guess.

Xbox Live has it though, fu*king lucky pricks.
 6 years ago '05        #468
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 717 717
So basically Nightwing can be used to rack up massive combos.
 6 years ago '11        #469
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Nightwing is pretty dope, he's fast as fu*k. Worth the $7? Yeah, I'd say so...
 6 years ago '10        #470
scotthew89 
space
space
$405 | Props total: 1 1
Just beat the game last night, I completed the phone call side missions and the bane mission. Next up is to find the mystery watcher.
 6 years ago '05        #471
kh RON OloGiCaL 1 heat pts
space
space
$834 | Props total: 184 184
I just beasted through all the combat challenges with Nightwing. He's beastly combo wise. Predator skills is lacking, but that's mostly cuz of what they equip him with. None of the DLC's fu*kin with batman's gadgets

edit: actually, after playing with him a bit more he's pretty sick at it. He's fast so you can almost bum rush all of the goons wit silent take downs if u good at it. Wrist dart is decent, so is the distrupter. I guess i Just really like using explosive gel.

Last edited by kh RON OloGiCaL; 11-02-2011 at 12:13 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #472
Antbone 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 1 1
I'm stuck in wonder titty I mean city..
 6 years ago '06        #473
Frostbyte 
space
space
$421 | Props total: 0 0
Playing with Nightwing is fu*kin sick. I found myself pressing Y (360 user :cool-smiley-009:) when I didn't even have to cause dude is quick as hell. I'm so used to Batman and his combos taking forever and being a slow a.ss to hit the person before they attack.

Animated Nightwing ftw.
 6 years ago '09        #474
masterSYKO 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,034 | Props total: 0 0
nightwing
 6 years ago '04        #475
doro85 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,166 | Props total: 435 435
 Antbone said:
I'm stuck in wonder titty I mean city..
Climb that tower... jump on the antennas and go around
 6 years ago '07        #476
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3264 3264
This game is sick, just started playing today. I'm loving it :)

Didn't play the first one so I wasn't used to the f!ghting, got my a.ss kicked on Hard. Most games hards aren't actually but this sh*t right here Had to go back on normal, I'll beat it on hard later

Last edited by Ghost Terp; 11-02-2011 at 07:45 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #477
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
Need a few pointers fellas...

Any tips on the
[spoiler - click to view]

[spoiler - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #478
doro85 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,166 | Props total: 435 435
Id take out mr hammer 1st.. Then the titan

I finished the main story so im doin these side missions now..Anybody find nora freeze? I been lookin for like a half hr
 6 years ago '05        #479
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 doro85 said:
Id take out mr hammer 1st.. Then the titan

I finished the main story so im doin these side missions now..Anybody find nora freeze? I been lookin for like a half hr
sorry i cant be more specific, but she's somewhere near the water. If i remember correctly, you have to break through a wall to access the door. Its a little north of the mill i think

I know thats inaccurate as hell, but thats the best i can do off memory
 11-03-2011, 12:29 AM         #480
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The building where you can swap out w/Catwoman northwest in that missions range (circle)
You gotta jump that a.ss down to where the water at & make a ice raft & pull yourself toward an explodable wall

Yo how do i get batman skins? (pause)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy