The Official Batman: Arkham City Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
2 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
29895 pageviews
600 comments

Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 2400 2400
The Official Batman: Arkham City Thread

Batman: Arkham City is the sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum, based on DC Comics' Batman. It is being developed by Rocksteady Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for release on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Microsoft Windows and OnLive. The game was officially announced during the 2009 Spike Video Game Awards and is scheduled for a worldwide release, beginning in North America on October 18, 2011.

Plot

The story for Arkham City takes place approximately one year after the events of Arkham Asylum. Quincy Sharp, former warden of Arkham Asylum, has taken credit for stopping the Joker, and used the notoriety to become mayor of Gotham City. As neither Arkham nor Blackgate Prison are in any condition to detain inmates, Sharp buys out a large section of Gotham's slums and arms the perimeter with private military contractors from a group called Tyger in order to create "Arkham City". The prisoners are brought into Arkham City and are given free rein, as long as they do not attempt escape. To oversee the city, Sharp hires psychiatrist Hugo Strange who appears to have his own secret agenda for the city. Batman maintains a vigil over the city, worried that the situation may get out of hand.

The events of the game are set in motion when Two-Face, seeking to gain notoriety among the inmates and other villains outside the city, devises a plan to publicly execute Catwoman. Batman decides for both the safety of Gotham and of his past relationship with Catwoman that he must stop the execution by entering Arkham City. Catwoman takes advantage of the chaos in Arkham City to acquire jewelry, and a few high tech gadgets; much like how Batman receives new tools and upgrades.

A teaser trailer was released that featured Joker being nursed by Harley Quinn from the effects of the Titan formula (and the explosive gel punch from Batman) while Arkham City descends into chaos. The sequel was described by veteran Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy as "really, really dark". While relating the game's dark nature to the animated movie Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Conroy also said, "It involves a lot of the villains and it goes to that area – it's that dark."

Additional playable characters

Catwoman

[pic - click to view]

Nightwing

[pic - click to view]

Batman skins

[pic - click to view]

Robin skins

[pic - click to view]

Gameplay

Last edited by Hiero; 10-06-2011 at 07:26 PM..

600 comments for "The Official Batman: Arkham City Thread"

6 years ago '08        #2
Hiero 112 heat pts112 OP
space
space
12 more days.
 6 years ago '08        #3
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 120 120
that batman beyond joint.:cool-smiley-009:
this might just be a cop instead of a rent. or maybe rent then cop.
 6 years ago '08        #4
Hiero 112 heat pts112 OP
space
space
Bump. One more week until greatness.
 6 years ago '08        #5
Hiero 112 heat pts112 OP
space
space
Going to preorder today.
 6 years ago '04        #6
TniaS 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,490 | Props total: 720 720
Who do I preorder with to get the skins? I kind of want the 1970's batman and the animated series one
 6 years ago '08        #7
Hiero 112 heat pts112 OP
space
space
All of the skins are going to be available as DLC. Certain places have different preorder offers for some of the skins but I can't remember any from the top of my head.
 6 years ago '08        #8
Hiero 112 heat pts112 OP
space
space
Just preordered from Best Buy though. The dude that works there said that the code for Robin is going to be emailed to everyone who preordered. Going to that midnight release on Tuesday.
 6 years ago '05        #9
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Just did the first boss f!ght. sh*t was crack.
 10-13-2011, 01:50 PM         #10
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I need that Batman Beyond skin.

Can't wait for Tuesday.
 6 years ago '08        #11
Hiero 112 heat pts112 OP
space
space
How are some of you n*ggas already playing the sh*t?
 6 years ago '05        #12
space
space
 Cooked Brickz said:
How are some of you n*ggas already playing the sh*t?
Leaked :dancingcool:. Playing this sh*t just made me even happier that I already paid that 60 off at BB.
 10-13-2011, 02:22 PM         #13
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Leaked :dancingcool:. Playing this sh*t just made me even happier that I already paid that 60 off at BB.
You never answered my question.

Is it true you can't get past the Catwoman part without inputting a code you get by purchasing a retail copy? Some guys on 360ISO were saying that.
 6 years ago '05        #14
space
space
 PR0TENTIAL said:

Is it true you can't get past the Catwoman part without inputting a code you get by purchasing a retail copy? Some guys on 360ISO were saying that.
Don't believe so. Haven't made it there. Only thing really specific I see for Catwoman is some separate missions in the main menu.

According to Destructoid.

If you're looking forward to playing Gotham City's feline femme fatale in the upcoming Batman: Arkham City, plan on dealing with an online pass. Warner Bros. has confirmed that the kitty's content is locked away unless you have the code included in new copies of the game. Players who purchase used will be able to purchase the content a la carte from PlayStation Network and Xbox Live for $9.99 (800 MSP).

Warner Bros. also pointed out that the Catwoman content is not necessary to complete the game, putting it in the realm of a bonus feature more than anything else. I'm fine with this on a personal level, as I had zero intention of picking this up pre-owned, but caveat emptor to all of you used buyers out there.

We'll have our review of Arkham City on Destructoid tomorrow.
 6 years ago '04        #15
latin_linx 349 heat pts349
space
space
$9,772 | Props total: 321 321
 PR0TENTIAL said:

Had that issue also on my first and burn of the game I kept getting a download content, then I burn it again without using a user specified layer break on imgburn and now no problems game working perfect, saw that somebody got the dlc for it for catwoman which I'm going to check after I get off work. The rip I'm using is the XPG rip I downloaded the Complex release this morning but haven't burned it yet.

Last edited by latin_linx; 10-13-2011 at 02:51 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #16
KoolBreeze 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,780 | Props total: 5979 5979
sh*ts bout to be fire. patiently waiting like 50 cent
 6 years ago '08        #17
Hiero 112 heat pts112 OP
space
space
Question for the people who have been to Midnight releases: What time do the stores usually close when that takes place? 1AM?

I don't feel like getting there early and waiting in line, I'd rather just go in when almost everyone has gotten their copies.
 6 years ago '04        #18
latin_linx 349 heat pts349
space
space
$9,772 | Props total: 321 321
 Cooked Brickz said:
Question for the people who have been to Midnight releases: What time do the stores usually close when that takes place? 1AM?

I don't feel like getting there early and waiting in line, I'd rather just go in when almost everyone has gotten their copies.
Depends on the store. When I work at Best buy and we had midnight openings we close like at 12:30am or 1am cause nobody never came to them but they will always have them and nobody never comes. Best thing to do is ask a employee who been there for at least a year and ask how are their midnight releases.
 6 years ago '08        #19
Hiero 112 heat pts112 OP
space
space
Well, the dude told me that it was going to be a madhouse because Arkham City had the highest pre-order numbers out of all of the upcoming games. I guess they're closing at about 1...

fu*k it, I'll just wait in line. I'm sure it'll be well worth it.
 6 years ago '10        #20
YaDunno 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$527 | Props total: 27 27
should i get this game or not? seriously considering it due to all the hype
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
37 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy