Calvin Johnson: In single coverage, itís automatically coming to me

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
69 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
8702 pageviews
167 comments

Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
Calvin Johnson: In single coverage, itís automatically coming to me

[pic - click to view]

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 6, 2011, 3:52 PM EDT
NFL players aren’t usually in the business of publicly revealing their teams’ game plans, but Lions receiver Calvin Johnson has let the cat out of the bag on one aspect of the Lions’ offensive scheme: In single coverage, he’s getting the ball.

Johnson was asked about the Lions’ play call for his game-winning touchdown on Sunday against the Cowboys, and Johnson said that the Lions’ offense when they’re near the goal line isn’t brain surgery: If Matthew Stafford looks over and sees Johnson covered by only one defensive back, he’s throwing it up and trusting Johnson to out-leap that defensive back, regardless of what was called in the huddle.

“If we get that single coverage, it’s automatic it’s coming up to me,” Johnson said.

In one respect, it’s pretty bold of Johnson to declare publicly that every defense facing the Lions can count on him getting the ball if they single cover him. On the other hand, it’s not exactly breaking news: I noted previously this season, when the Chiefs twice left Johnson in single coverage with the Lions at the 1-yard line, that anyone who watches the Lions knows that throwing it up to Johnson is their favorite goal-line play.

But while no one should be surprised that the Lions are going to Johnson at the goal line, Johnson was surprised that Rob Ryan’s Cowboys defense left him one-on-one with Terence Newman on the game’s pivotal play.

“When I went out there I was surprised,” Johnson said of seeing only Newman on him. “I knew it was coming from the get-go.”

And every defense that faces the Lions from here on out should know it’s going to Johnson if they single cover him.

[pic - click to view]

Calvin Johnson: In single coverage, it’s automatically coming to me | ProFootballTalk

He caught the first TD over three guys, Newman didnt have a chance in hell. image

Last edited by Saintaholic; 10-06-2011 at 03:14 PM..

167 comments for "Calvin Johnson: In single coverage, itís automatically coming to me"

6 years ago '10        #2
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
In other words, the sky is blue.
 6 years ago '05        #3
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86 OP
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
In other words, the sky is blue.
Its a given
 10-06-2011, 03:19 PM         #4
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ the writer saying he let the cat out of the bag with him saying that....its general knowledge
 6 years ago '07        #5
KING*TITO 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 332 332
What happens when they disguise the defense?? Looks like single coverage but gets help from the safety or DE or even a LB???
 10-06-2011, 03:24 PM         #6
Little Dice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
calvin is overrated. he is top 10 in the league in nothing apart from tds.
 6 years ago '05        #7
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
lmao..at people saying wes welker is on the level and better than calvin johnson.
 10-06-2011, 03:24 PM         #8
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KING*TITO said:
What happens when they disguise the defense?? Looks like single coverage but gets help from the safety or DE or even a LB???
he normally throws the back shoulder fade so the safety wont help because the ball is closer to the front pylon than the back?

and normally they never play press coverage against him at the goal-linedont ask why
 10-06-2011, 03:25 PM         #9
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Little Dice said:
calvin is overrated. he is top 10 in the league in nothing apart from tds.
out of curiosity who all would you take over him? not tryna argue i just wanna know who youd choose over him
 10-06-2011, 03:31 PM         #10
Little Dice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmooveDude said:
out of curiosity who all would you take over him? not tryna argue i just wanna know who youd choose over him
guys like fitzzy, dre, rohddy and so forth

calvin is soooooo overrated.
 10-06-2011, 03:35 PM         #11
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Little Dice said:
guys like fitzzy, dre, rohddy and so forth

calvin is soooooo overrated.
Man shut your a.ss up. How is he overrated? n*gga has 300 yards and 8 tds in 4 games on a 4-0 team. Dre and Fitz are the only two I would even think about taking over Calvin
 10-06-2011, 03:36 PM         #12
Little Dice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tempus # 1 said:
Man shut your a.ss up. How is he overrated? n*gga has 300 yards and 8 tds in 4 games on a 4-0 team. Dre and Fitz are the only two I would even think about taking over Calvin

except when you look around the league, there are 13 other guys putting up better stats
 6 years ago '06        #13
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 Little Dice said:
except when you look around the league, there are 13 other guys putting up better stats
Lmao n*gga said stats

Watch games u fantasy football fu*k boy. Take a look at who's been throwing cj the rock when Stafford was out. He's healthy finally nd Johnson is dominating.

Atlanta gave up a draft for a wide out no way in hell is roddy better. They would have gave up what they gave for Julio plusssss roddy for Calvin.
 6 years ago '08        #14
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
Jennings is having a better season than Calvin and nobody is saying sh*t

Fantasy football got n*ggas minds confused....i like calvin tho on BX he's overrated
 10-06-2011, 03:40 PM         #15
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Little Dice said:
but im sayin like name the players who are better than him or who youll take over him...just 10 of those 13 who you think are better, i mean all i want are some names
 10-06-2011, 03:44 PM         #16
Little Dice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmooveDude said:
but im sayin like name the players who are better than him or who youll take over him...just 10 of those 13 who you think are better, i mean all i want are some names
Vjax
Andre
Fittz
Steve Smith
Wes welker
Greg Jennings
Hakeem Knicks
Desean Jackson

10-06-2011, 03:45 PM         #17
Little Dice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
Lmao n*gga said stats

Watch games u fantasy football fu*k boy. Take a look at who's been throwing cj the rock when Stafford was out. He's healthy finally nd Johnson is dominating.

Atlanta gave up a draft for a wide out no way in hell is roddy better. They would have gave up what they gave for Julio plusssss roddy for Calvin.
wtf are you talking about fu*k boy. I am talking about this exact same season that calvin johnson is supposedly dominating. There are 13 other receivers out dominating him.
 6 years ago '07        #18
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Main Event said:
Jennings is having a better season than Calvin and nobody is saying sh*t

Fantasy football got n*ggas minds confused....i like calvin tho on BX he's overrated
You just don't like how hes rated over Fitz lately
 6 years ago '05        #19
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86 OP
space
space
 KING*TITO said:
If I remember correctly he caught one TD over three DBs.
 6 years ago '06        #20
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 Little Dice said:
Vjax
Andre
Fittz
Steve Smith
Wes welker
Greg Jennings
Hakeem Knicks
Desean Jackson

Welker? Lol log off.

U don't understand system players clearly.

U start a franchise and nobody other then Fitz or Andre could be justified to be selected above Johnson in the wideout category.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago