Anyone know how to play defense on 2k12?

most viewed right now
 218
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 147
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 135
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 91
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
72 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10-06-2011, 05:03 PM         #41
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also as far as offense is concerned....Once you learn how to watch a n*ggas feet because of the new physics/animation system....An you learn how to dribble/shake n*ggas....Ah man....

Last night me and my homie were playing the Knicks(Me) vs The Bulls(him) and he figured it out first...n*gga hit a Spin on Chauncey so hard that the old man fell and just laid there for a moment like that Melo Gif

I came back and hit a crazy crossover to drop back Three with Melo and Deng collapsed like he got sniped.

Its a new game, 2kSports knows how to reinvent the wheel.
 6 years ago '04        #42
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,111 | Props total: 10 10
 Phicmagic said:
lol ayo this n*gga typed 47 essays.....Just to add my 2 cents im also someone whose been playing this series since it started on Dreamcast and.....

First of all we only play Hall of Fame round here....dont necessarily understand how or why you n*ggas are playing on anything less than that....

Once you figure out the LT speed, LT+RT Speed, how to shift and manage your feet while defending youll realize how explosive you can really be on Defense...The new system is dope as hell and youll actually be creating crazy defensive plays...

They took out alot of canned defensive and offensive animations this year and implemented more physics into gameplay like we all cried for....And n*ggas suck when sh*t gets Real(er) lol.



Just go into training camp, an practice....Thats all...n*ggas thinking this is madden where you dont have to actually learn how to play cause sh*t dont change year to year....Thats it.




Oh yeah add me on 360, Gamertags Extra P
see THATS a normal response. i hardly ever even post on this site, i got like 1400 posts and been here for 10 years. so when i do post i explain myself since half the kids on here read one line and respond in some dumb a.ss way. i just redid the training with the post d and it still didnt make sense. it was the simplest thing ever, hold the left thumbstick towards the defender, and basically cut him off if he spins right or goes left, and it still was saying fail half the time and i ended up passing since i blocked a few shots. and YOU play on hof because youve been playing since dreamcast. while i have too, i dont care about playing people online. it got boring/frustrating after a while. i only threw it on pro because i wanted to see the differences. i expected it to be easy, and figured it would give me a chance to work on the dribbling stuff. i didnt expect the cpu to be bangin 3s with hands in their faces. i didnt expect there to still be so many steals by guys not even in the play. its like on this site everyones either an expert or a dumbass. people dont realize not everyone plays 400 competitive matches online and practices 3 hours a day on post moves. yet these experts never offer any actual advice other than to "step ya game up"
thanks for at least offering a little insight though, everytime i hold down the right trigger on d, i go flying by a defender, and i still dont know how to use the right thumbstick to block shots, thats something i might actually go practice.
 6 years ago '11        #43
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
U need to learn how to use your MOMENTUM in the game. The players don't stop on a dime in this game because no player does that in real life. Start using icon passing and anticipate your pass BEFORE YOU MAKE IT. Also when passing u can "lead" the player to u before you make the pass, stop just lobbing passes around with no touch on them.

Practice

Practice

Practice
 6 years ago '11        #44
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535 OP
space
avatar space
space
$52,244 | Props total: 19963 19963
 SugaHillRomello said:
U need to learn how to use your MOMENTUM in the game. The players don't stop on a dime in this game because no player does that in real life. Start using icon passing and anticipate your pass BEFORE YOU MAKE IT. Also when passing u can "lead" the player to u before you make the pass, stop just lobbing passes around with no touch on them.

Practice

Practice

Practice
see that's what im talking about. yall talking about it as if its real. they whats wrong these days with games, people want them to be so real to the point where they forget about the fun aspect of them.

i just wanna pick up the sh*t and play it for a while. have a little fun with it. this sh*t aint real life
 6 years ago '11        #45
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 JAY THE GOAT said:
see that's what im talking about. yall talking about it as if its real. they whats wrong these days with games, people want them to be so real to the point where they forget about the fun aspect of them.

i just wanna pick up the sh*t and play it for a while. have a little fun with it. this sh*t aint real life


The beauty of it is once you do get good at it you'll realize the genius of this game. They make NBA Jam for ppl who want to just dribble and down the court and dunk on ppl all day. Its doesn't take hours and hours of practice to become good @ this game, u just need to start taking something from every loss and build on it.

Look for mistakes in your game before crying and blaming the CPU all the time.

2k12 ain't perfect, no game is. But this is the best basketball simulation ever created. On top of that the guys @ 2k LISTEN to the gamers as evident with the new additions to the game this year(I expect the same for 2k13).

All I'm saying bruh is if u having trbl with something as basic as passing in this game then u need to practice man. You'll be amazed @ how good u can actually become from where u are now.
 10-06-2011, 05:59 PM         #46
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 haff3131 said:
see THATS a normal response. i hardly ever even post on this site, i got like 1400 posts and been here for 10 years. so when i do post i explain myself since half the kids on here read one line and respond in some dumb a.ss way. i just redid the training with the post d and it still didnt make sense. it was the simplest thing ever, hold the left thumbstick towards the defender, and basically cut him off if he spins right or goes left, and it still was saying fail half the time and i ended up passing since i blocked a few shots. and YOU play on hof because youve been playing since dreamcast. while i have too, i dont care about playing people online. it got boring/frustrating after a while. i only threw it on pro because i wanted to see the differences. i expected it to be easy, and figured it would give me a chance to work on the dribbling stuff. i didnt expect the cpu to be bangin 3s with hands in their faces. i didnt expect there to still be so many steals by guys not even in the play. its like on this site everyones either an expert or a dumbass. people dont realize not everyone plays 400 competitive matches online and practices 3 hours a day on post moves. yet these experts never offer any actual advice other than to "step ya game up"
thanks for at least offering a little insight though, everytime i hold down the right trigger on d, i go flying by a defender, and i still dont know how to use the right thumbstick to block shots, thats something i might actually go practice.
For one Im more than likely older than you....#2 I been here for over 5 years..prolly like 6 or 7 my damn self...And your reply is a normal reply....If everyone says theyre NOT having problems, but YOU are....Then how is it the games fault or OUR fault.

Get off the forum with this and either sell the game, take it back, or go play it and learn the system. Its that simple.

You made a thread to bi*ch on boxden of all places and then you get mad when we call you a bi*ch.

Listen to this, Pacs talking to you.


[video - click to view]




You mad
 6 years ago '10        #47
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
avatar space
space
$67,827 | Props total: 20632 20632
 Phicmagic said:
For one Im more than likely older than you....#2 I been here for over 5 years..prolly like 6 or 7 my damn self...And your reply is a normal reply....If everyone says theyre NOT having problems, but YOU are....Then how is it the games fault or OUR fault.

Get off the forum with this and either sell the game, take it back, or go play it and learn the system. Its that simple.

You made a thread to bi*ch on boxden of all places and then you get mad when we call you a bi*ch.

Listen to this, Pacs talking to you.





You mad


Ether
 6 years ago '11        #48
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535 OP
space
avatar space
space
$52,244 | Props total: 19963 19963
 SugaHillRomello said:


The beauty of it is once you do get good at it you'll realize the genius of this game. They make NBA Jam for ppl who want to just dribble and down the court and dunk on ppl all day. Its doesn't take hours and hours of practice to become good @ this game, u just need to start taking something from every loss and build on it.

Look for mistakes in your game before crying and blaming the CPU all the time.

2k12 ain't perfect, no game is. But this is the best basketball simulation ever created. On top of that the guys @ 2k LISTEN to the gamers as evident with the new additions to the game this year(I expect the same for 2k13).

All I'm saying bruh is if u having trbl with something as basic as passing in this game then u need to practice man. You'll be amazed @ how good u can actually become from where u are now.
never said anything about passing... and i get what you saying but practicing aint gone hide that fact that the defense is broken. when the slight movement of the analog causes your player to fly all the way to one side, you have a problem.
 6 years ago '11        #49
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 JAY THE GOAT said:
never said anything about passing... and i get what you saying but practicing aint gone hide that fact that the defense is broken. when the slight movement of the analog causes your player to fly all the way to one side, you have a problem.


sorry the complaining gets muffled at times. thought you were the other guy. The defense is hard now because haven't put enough time in with the game yet.

Like I said WATCH THE MOMENTUM of the players. Stop jerking the analog when ever the cpu starts moving with ball.

STAY IN FRONT OF THE BALL HANDLER

Don't try to strip the CPU every play, alotta times just staying in front and cutting off the passing lane is all u have to do.


You suck bruh, just like we all did at one point.

PRACTICE


Last edited by SugaHillRomello; 10-06-2011 at 07:59 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #50
Chai 
space
avatar space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 1 1
n*ggas k!ll me. Why does somebody have to suck because they have gripes with the game? I've beat the cpu by 19 on hof/sim. That's all I play on. I just call it like I see it ya heard me... I threw a pass to Deng, his defender was a good distance away from him. Rose lobbed the pass to Deng so the defending had enough time to come & deflect it. It should have been 3 pts instead of a deflection ya understand... My offense is solid. The D & passing is flawed. n*ggas throwing line drive alley oops str8 to the defenders rather than lobbing it. I know yall n*ggas love the game. I do as well, but let's be real here.
 6 years ago '08        #51
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$13,356 | Props total: 270 270
i just hate how someone is always open on the 3-point line and when you try to run out to him, its like slow motion. i was playing the warriors the other night, seemed like darell wright was always open. i had my settings to stick to dude like glue, but he was ALWAYS open!! so when id try to run out to him, dudes were like cautiously steppping out.

its annoying, cause in HoF, they are hitting every jumper if they are wide open
 6 years ago '04        #52
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$6,720 | Props total: 3684 3684
 Chai said:
n*ggas k!ll me. Why does somebody have to suck because they have gripes with the game? I've beat the cpu by 19 on hof/sim. That's all I play on. I just call it like I see it ya heard me... I threw a pass to Deng, his defender was a good distance away from him. Rose lobbed the pass to Deng so the defending had enough time to come & deflect it. It should have been 3 pts instead of a deflection ya understand... My offense is solid. The D & passing is flawed. n*ggas throwing line drive alley oops str8 to the defenders rather than lobbing it. I know yall n*ggas love the game. I do as well, but let's be real here.
cosign.
 6 years ago '05        #53
BO$$ Playa 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,461 | Props total: 3 3
i love 2k but man defense is suspect in this game. look at all the sh*t you have in your arsenal as an offensive player. all these new shot animations and dribble moves, there are 100000000's of ways to get your shot off. where's the counter defensively? i'm gonna need more than this "intense defense" sh*t, which is useless unless the dribbler is standing still. defense is way too loose, it's not sticky enough. this game definitely took a step backwards in that aspect.


Last edited by BO$$ Playa; 10-06-2011 at 11:28 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #54
Chai 
space
avatar space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 1 1
 BO$$ Playa said:
i love 2k but man defense is suspect in this game. look at all the sh*t you have in your arsenal as an offensive player. all these new shot animations and dribble moves, there are 100000000's of ways to get your shot off. where's the counter defensively? i'm gonna need more than this "intense defense" sh*t, which is useless unless the dribbler is standing still. defense is way too loose, it's not sticky enough. this game definitely took a step backwards in that aspect.
Exactly! The cpu doesn't have that issue though. I had a defender playing me to the right. I went right, got a step on him & the muhfu*ka is backpeddling as fast as I'm going forward with turbo pressed. Needless to say he caught up & disrupted my shot. They give the offense a million moves, but don't tweak the defense as needed. All I'm saying is make the sh*t fair. I enjoy playing D more than offense. If Kobe is gon k!ll me let me have an opportunity to make him earn his points ya heard me... I push the block button & see this slow a.ss block animation. n*ggas jumping after the ball is already in the basket lol.
 6 years ago '10        #55
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
yall n*ggas in here crying like some hoes. you aint built for games b go outside and plant some flowers or some sh*t hoe a.ss n*ggas
 6 years ago '04        #56
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
avatar space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Kasssst and I played a couple games last night on the 360... our defense was on point. Both were getting steals, blocks, rebounds like it should be. But than again both of us know how to play the game effectively... I honestly haven't seen any issues you guys are talking bout and I have it on both systems...
 6 years ago '04        #57
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$26,779 | Props total: 17138 17138
If this page doesnt answer your questions about defense nothing will

Its all here

 6 years ago '04        #58
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 66 66
idk why u are all having a problem with defense....in My Player, once i got into the game, i went on a 23-3 run.....blocking shots, making steals....having good coverage on the defender making them miss/make dumb shooting decisions....

i'm not even great at the game, but my defense is on point, so i'm able to steal victories in close games
 6 years ago '04        #59
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
avatar space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
 Da Ill One said:
Kasssst and I played a couple games last night on the 360... our defense was on point. Both were getting steals, blocks, rebounds like it should be. But than again both of us know how to play the game effectively... I honestly haven't seen any issues you guys are talking bout and I have it on both systems...
Yessir.

What it comes down to is knowing when to rotate your players and choosing who to play defense on effectively.

Hypothetically speaking: Your playing against someone whose using the Hawks. Double team Johnson and play him tightly.Don't double team a team full of 3pt shooters, cause there's always a weapon on the court.
 6 years ago '10        #60
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$12,241 | Props total: 100 100
 Phicmagic said:
For one Im more than likely older than you....#2 I been here for over 5 years..prolly like 6 or 7 my damn self...And your reply is a normal reply....If everyone says theyre NOT having problems, but YOU are....Then how is it the games fault or OUR fault.

Get off the forum with this and either sell the game, take it back, or go play it and learn the system. Its that simple.

You made a thread to bi*ch on boxden of all places and then you get mad when we call you a bi*ch.

Listen to this, Pacs talking to you.





You mad
i lost my frame of thought after noticing 32 encyclopedias being written and all the jokes but
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 50
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 41
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 31
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 16
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
18 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 14
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy