Anyone know how to play defense on 2k12?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
143 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #21
Frontz 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 98 98
 Hovi Bryant said:
Just stay in front of your man and shade him in the direction where you know the help defense is at. Force the jumpshot.
This^^ i was k!lling this dude with that, and converting buckets had my jazz on a 12-2 run then wifey calls and distracts me and the dude tied the game up
 6 years ago '04        #22
Drug Dylan 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,507 | Props total: 12 12
Ive been playing 2K since Dreamcast so ive seen the progression on a year to year basis. Defense online (atleast for the PS3) is a bit slippery and unresponsive. Not even close to the way it is in 2K11, maybe it will be patched or maybe its something we will just have to get used to. But to overlook the fact that its harder to play on ball d because of these changes is comical at best.

Call a spade a spade....im not saying the game sucks or its trash and I'll never play 2K again. But if someone is right they are right...but if they are wrong, call em out. And 2K needs to be called out with this slippery a.ss controls on defense. The passing is fine, if people want to just throw stupid passes thinking they can get through multiple hands untouched thats just dumb on their part. Defense however needs to be looked at again, I dont know if its lag or what, but you cant stay with your man like you could in 2K11.

Last edited by Drug Dylan; 10-06-2011 at 01:02 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #23
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20690 20690
 haff3131 said:
killed my whole argument?? the only reason i mentioned it was on pro was because its supposed to make the ai not as hard and he STILL went 7-7 from 3 with hands in his face. i then proceeded to say i was playing on hall of fame and it just wasnt fun. i like how you dont point that out. yeah, your guys make wide open 3's definitely, but harden wasnt wide open. i put the grade the shot thing on just so i can see if im fu*king up, i am literally getting an a+ grade on every wide open shot and i still miss half the time, which is cool with me if the computer was doing the same thing.
the passing is not realistic. i want an even game back and forth. i dont want to come down and have a pf just strip the ball in the open floor from a great ball handling pg, and then have the computer come down and drive the lane and make the stupidest pass ive ever seen thru traffic and still somehow get to the target. how come my computer ai aint tipping the ball and getting strips? or blocking every shot that goes up after someone gets an offensive rebound? if my team gets a block or steal its only because i got it myself.
i knew people would rush in the minute they read what sounded like me bashing the game, i still called the game great. i still think it deserves the review it got, but its not a perfect game. they still didnt fix a lot of the sh*t in myplayer, which you didnt address at all in your response, and which is the mode i play the most.
also, what the hell is their criteria for giving a player a little 3 symbol on them? a majority of the players in this game are rated like 72 and under, yet there are tons of players that have that sumbol under them. only the top like 15 percentage shooters from the year before should be considered marksmen out there. boris diaw has one. i feel like its a college game out there, you definitely hit a ton more 3s, but i want to drive and kick. and it seems like everytime i drive, i get doubled, i try to kick to the guy they doubled from and it gets tipped by a guy with his back to me. just frustrating as hell.

[pic - click to view]

Shut up & hit the training camp.

And learn how to space.
 6 years ago '04        #24
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,111 | Props total: 10 10
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

[pic - click to view]

Shut up & hit the training camp.

And learn how to space.
lol learn how to space? how bout your dumbass learns how to read. maybe after 11,000 posts like yourself ill learn how things are done. should i double space? maybe i can figure out how to make my font look like crayon to make it easier for you to read it? lol this the only forum ive ever been on where people complain about reading. how about you dont click on threads if you arent interested in hearing people discuss the topic? im on the internet, and typing responses in between doing random other sh*t, i could care less about capitalization or punctuation. but anyways..

that better? as far as the defense in this game goes, id be shocked if i saw someone able to play up close defense and not get burnt. i honestly hope theres a way and im just not good at it, rather than thinking its not possible. like i said before, most of the people that play any sports title online either have to pick the best team possible, or exploit any glitch they can like drawing full court charges or something. or they pick a team and learn one specific play and run it 30 times a game. im one of the few people that can actually handle losing, as long as its legit. im sure there are dudes on this site that can win without having to do any bullsh*t, but ive played enough online sports games to know a majority of players NEED that sh*t to win. and its worse when those same people hop on here telling people to step their game up lol
 6 years ago '07        #25
stargod 
space
space
space
$2,741 | Props total: 142 142
Think he meant space on defense
 6 years ago '11        #26
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 haff3131 said:
killed my whole argument?? the only reason i mentioned it was on pro was because its supposed to make the ai not as hard and he STILL went 7-7 from 3 with hands in his face. i then proceeded to say i was playing on hall of fame and it just wasnt fun. i like how you dont point that out. yeah, your guys make wide open 3's definitely, but harden wasnt wide open. i put the grade the shotgun thing on just so i can see if im fu*king up, i am literally getting an a+ grade on every wide open shot and i still miss half the time, which is cool with me if the computer was doing the same thing.
the passing is not realistic. i want an even game back and forth. i dont want to come down and have a pf just strip the ball in the open floor from a great ball handling pg, and then have the computer come down and drive the lane and make the stupidest pass ive ever seen thru traffic and still somehow get to the target. how come my computer ai aint tipping the ball and getting strips? or blocking every shot that goes up after someone gets an offensive rebound? if my team gets a block or steal its only because i got it myself.
i knew people would rush in the minute they read what sounded like me bashing the game, i still called the game great. i still think it deserves the review it got, but its not a perfect game. they still didnt fix a lot of the sh*t in myplayer, which you didnt address at all in your response, and which is the mode i play the most.
also, what the hell is their criteria for giving a player a little 3 symbol on them? a majority of the players in this game are rated like 72 and under, yet there are tons of players that have that sumbol under them. only the top like 15 percentage shooters from the year before should be considered marksmen out there. boris diaw has one. i feel like its a college game out there, you definitely hit a ton more 3s, but i want to drive and kick. and it seems like everytime i drive, i get doubled, i try to kick to the guy they doubled from and it gets tipped by a guy with his back to me. just frustrating as hell.

I know its cliche @ this point but you just suck @ the game dude. Like honestly you typed all that but never once mentioned that u actually PRACTICED or went in to TRAINING MODE.

And the CPU is supposed to k!ll u from the 3pt line on Pro is your a.ss ain't playing defense. Stop crying and just get better. I suck @ Fifa but that doesn't mean the game sucks.
 6 years ago '10        #27
space
space
 stargod said:
Think he meant space on defense

All that time writing that bullsh*t while you can be practicing on your wack a.ss game. Go ahead and write another long reply I'm not gonna read.

Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 10-06-2011 at 02:04 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #28
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535 OP
space
space
$52,249 | Props total: 19967 19967
fu*k all the arguments, this game trash :mj2:
cant wait til modern warfare 3 and ufc 3
 6 years ago '10        #29
space
space
 JAY THE GOAT said:
fu*k all the arguments, this game trash :mj2:
cant wait til modern warfare 3 and ufc 3
Nah you just suck.
 6 years ago '04        #30
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
lol its funny watching you talk about a game you probably have to do a bunch of bullsh*t in just to pull out a win. theres like 100 of you dudes every time new sports games come out. 12000 posts? obviously you reading what people have to say, or are they 12000 did not read gifs? and what are you mentally retarded? stop responding to posts if your only going to acknowledge one sentence out of what was said. did you not read the part where i said harden had a hand in his face on at least 5 of his attempts? lol hell im playing a game right now and keith bogans has come off the bench and taken 6 3s already in less than 2 minutes. they turned it into a college game. its 85% 3s now.
practice mode? should i practice how to throw passes and a.ssume the cpu player with his back turned isnt going to randomly reach out and steal it? i wish i could upload the first minute of the game im in now. the first 6 possessions were steals. they stole it from my team, my team stole it back. 6 straight times lol. its sick when people are so protective of a game they have no investment in whatsoever. i can sit here and point out specific flaws which i saw in last years game, and still see people complaining about in this game, and a fanboy will jump up and his only response will be "you suck" "get better" lol. what team you run with agentzero? ill play you anytime, and ill happily record the sh*t so we can see just how much bullsh*t you have to do to win lol..f*ggot a.ss
 6 years ago '08        #31
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
And y'all will be the reason why 2k12 changes up it's core gameplay.

There is nothing wrong with the passing, there is nothing wrong with the defense, there is nothing wrong with the cpu making 3's especially when your own teammates make wide open 3's this year, there is nothing wrong with the layups, the problem is y'all suck & y'all are not practicing. I've been someone who has loved the 2k series but has made rants about 2k11 & 2k10. I can tell you they fixed up on damn near everything. You have to be smarter of offense & defense, you must realize that 2k over the years has become a chess game & the wrong move you make, the opposition will make you pay for it. This year it's only more obvious that the opposition makes you pay for it & people are mad they can't play how they did last year or even the year before that.

Wake up people those days of finding little exploits against the cpu is over. The one thing that honestly k!lled your whole argument haffzilla is you saying harden is 7-7 from 3 on pro Really? We playing pro out here? Notch that bi*ch up to all star/simulation. That's the best difficultly to play on this year. But it all starts with how you play. If you are not winning a lot of games & can't pull off certain shots, dribbles, jabs, moves maybe you should hit that training camp & get better. And this goes out to everybody, the t/s included who sucks on defense.

I swear y'all don't take the time out to read up on how to play better on defense. There's a god damn defense insight 2k made just for you & you wanna bi*ch about fouling? No mofu*ker it's cuz you didn't take the time out to practice it. And speaking of controls I stay seeing people in the 2k12 threads ask how to hop step...Holy sh*t there's a controls insight, there's a manual book in your game cover, there's a manual in controls settings like they've been doing that every year when you pause the game, there's a training mode where you actually learn how to hopstep.

/My fu*king rant is over

God damn y'all complain about everything jesus fu*k..
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:
 6 years ago '08        #32
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
 haff3131 said:
lol its funny watching you talk about a game you probably have to do a bunch of bullsh*t in just to pull out a win. theres like 100 of you dudes every time new sports games come out. 12000 posts? obviously you reading what people have to say, or are they 12000 did not read gifs? and what are you mentally retarded? stop responding to posts if your only going to acknowledge one sentence out of what was said. did you not read the part where i said harden had a hand in his face on at least 5 of his attempts? lol hell im playing a game right now and keith bogans has come off the bench and taken 6 3s already in less than 2 minutes. they turned it into a college game. its 85% 3s now.
practice mode? should i practice how to throw passes and a.ssume the cpu player with his back turned isnt going to randomly reach out and steal it? i wish i could upload the first minute of the game im in now. the first 6 possessions were steals. they stole it from my team, my team stole it back. 6 straight times lol. its sick when people are so protective of a game they have no investment in whatsoever. i can sit here and point out specific flaws which i saw in last years game, and still see people complaining about in this game, and a fanboy will jump up and his only response will be "you suck" "get better" lol. what team you run with agentzero? ill play you anytime, and ill happily record the sh*t so we can see just how much bullsh*t you have to do to win lol..f*ggot a.ss
Lol somebody got mad.
 6 years ago '10        #33
space
space
 AyeDre said:
Lol somebody got mad.
real mad. And just like I said another long a.ss reply I'm not gonna read

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #34
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
i just realized that im in a losing battle. no matter what i say you will say the opposite and youre only defense is that you claim i suck lol which is what you fanboys do with every game. instead of sitting there saying "try doing this" or " you know, your right, the computer steals passes with their backs turned but i figured out a way to make it happen less" and actually help the thread, just say everyone sucks and it makes it easier. i dont know what your goals are with this game, but i dont want to be the best nba2k12 player in the world. i dont want to spend 3 hours practicing moves so i can beat someone. i want to pop the game in for a half hour and have fun, watch some sick moves, dunk a few times, play ina few competitive games, and its a wrap. i stopped playing sports titles online as soon as i realized 85% of the people in madden have to abuse exploits to win. i stopped playing nba online when people started drawing full court charges and double teaming the inbounds just to get you caught in that retarded animation. i even acknowledged that im sure there are legit players that dont have to do that stuff, but you are obviously not one of those players. i can tell by the ferocity in which you are defending the game and never once mentioning any shortcomings.
you call it complaining, i call it explaining, right? i dont know about you but i can write long responses and it takes me like 3 minutes. i can read long responses and it takes me like 1 minute. im not taking time out of my busy schedule to write lol i have nothing to do, was playing the game, saw a thread on it, decided to respond. i didnt hop on and say the games trash like other people are. i said the game deserves a 9.5, its one of the best sports games ever made. but it has the same issues as last year, and THAT SUCKS. i can sit at the 3 point line with steph curry and bury like 75% of his 3s. you find that sh*t fun? you find it fun passing the ball down low, backing down, seeing the double team come, and passing it to the WIDE OPEN player the double came from, and having it deflected by someone who wasnt even involved in the play and had his back turned? im a 7 foot center, i cant throw a ball high enough that a non jumping point guard cant deflect it on the kick outside? whatever man..just hop on, give me one of your famous dnr gifs, and say we suck instead of offering a little insight on how you became the nba2k12 dynamo you are today. i mean this is a forum, why would you respond normal? i aint say sh*t about you til you started sayin some bullsh*t. im not the best at the game, ill take tips from anywhere. and yes, i did play the training mode. soooo..

Last edited by haff3131; 10-06-2011 at 03:40 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #35
space
space
^^^^

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #36
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,986 | Props total: 1312 1312
Just practise mang!!
My first 2-3 games I felt the same way but after each game I got better. The defense is fantastic in this game, if you ever played real bball and liked playing on D you will appreciate the defense in this game.

Fifa12 and NBA2k12 improved on defense HUGE this year, noobs are gonna bi*ch for awhile at first but thats the way it is, haters gonna hate.

You just cant master this game as fast as you could NBA2k10 or NBA2k11, it has much more depth on D this year.
 6 years ago '04        #37
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,323 | Props total: 511 511
 haff3131 said:
its funny cause every year with EVERY sports title, the same threads and responses get made. you always have the people that point out the faults, and then others come rushing in defending the game and claiming that they have no problems with it, when chances are theyre playing on rookie and with a stacked team so all their mistakes get covered by their stacked teammates. ive played basketball my entire life, and im not mentally retarded, so its pretty easy to notice the sh*t they havent fixed right off the bat. you cant have a computer ai be able to deflect every fu*king pass that gets made without giving us an option of how we want to pass. i cannot stand driving the lane, seeing a wide open player that id either lob the ball to or bounce pass to, just to have my player throw a chest pass that instantly gets stolen. i cannot stand standing still and having my center have position on the defender, only to have the guy jump right in front the instant i throw a pass. i cant stand playing my player and running down the court, and the guy defending me is a good 10 feet away from me with his back to me, yet the split second i go right, he goes right. if i go left, he goes left the split second i hit the stick. i cant stand missing point blank layups that are getting listed as a+ shots, just to watch the computer hit a left handed d+ shot over 2 defenders the next time down. YES, the game is great. players look awesome, authentic, everything. but how the fu*k have they not fixed getting attached to players bodies when your crashing the boards for an offensive rebound in my player? you literally get stuck, even if you were a step ahead of the guy. its just retarded. i just finished a game where james harden went like 7-7 from 3, on pro lol i tried playing on hall of fame and it just wasnt fun. nothing more annoying then having tim duncan strip the ball from jason kidd in the open floor. nothing more annoying then grabbing an offensive board with keven love directly under the basket,and instead of dunking the ball he puts up a layup that gets blocked by brandon roy of all people. its easy to beat human players in the game because they have the same bs happen to them, like overrunning a defender by 10 feet somehow. or it taking a 4 step animation for a guy to change direction even tho i wasnt hitting turbo lol. i know 30 people will come in and claim none of this happens to them and im just bad at the game, but like i said, odds are theyre people that need to exploit glitches or some bs to win. the same dudes trying to draw full court charges from last year, or double teaming everyone who touches the ball..game is good, ill be playing myplayer for a while, it just suckes they havent addressed a ton of stuff just cause they were focusing on adding more kicks for players to wear /rant ended
 haff3131 said:
killed my whole argument?? the only reason i mentioned it was on pro was because its supposed to make the ai not as hard and he STILL went 7-7 from 3 with hands in his face. i then proceeded to say i was playing on hall of fame and it just wasnt fun. i like how you dont point that out. yeah, your guys make wide open 3's definitely, but harden wasnt wide open. i put the grade the shot thing on just so i can see if im fu*king up, i am literally getting an a+ grade on every wide open shot and i still miss half the time, which is cool with me if the computer was doing the same thing.
real talk why this n*gga writing a story on a blog site
 6 years ago '11        #38
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535 OP
space
space
$52,249 | Props total: 19967 19967
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Nah you just suck.
been good in all of the past 2ks but maybe you right. i still couldnt care less tho

sports games have always been part time with me. play them until something better comes out and that's it
 6 years ago '10        #39
space
space
 JAY THE GOAT said:
been good in all of the past 2ks but maybe you right. i still couldnt care less tho

sports games have always been part time with me. play them until something better comes out and that's it
I fu*ks with this post lol. Least you keeping it real but I'm telling you all it takes is patience. Practice and hit the training mode and you'll be iite.
 10-06-2011, 05:01 PM         #40
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol ayo this n*gga typed 47 essays.....Just to add my 2 cents im also someone whose been playing this series since it started on Dreamcast and.....

First of all we only play Hall of Fame round here....dont necessarily understand how or why you n*ggas are playing on anything less than that....

Once you figure out the LT speed, LT+RT Speed, how to shift and manage your feet while defending youll realize how explosive you can really be on Defense...The new system is dope as hell and youll actually be creating crazy defensive plays...

They took out alot of canned defensive and offensive animations this year and implemented more physics into gameplay like we all cried for....And n*ggas suck when sh*t gets Real(er) lol.

Just go into training camp, an practice....Thats all...n*ggas thinking this is madden where you dont have to actually learn how to play cause sh*t dont change year to year....Thats it.

Oh yeah add me on 360, Gamertags Extra P
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
2 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy