Anyone know how to play defense on 2k12?

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
21 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
235 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
7557 pageviews
68 comments

KING JAYY 535 heat pts535
space
space
$52,306 | Props total: 20034 20034
Anyone know how to play defense on 2k12?

Is it possible to contest a shot without fouling?

Is it possible to keep up with the ball handler?

Is it possible to stop the cpu from hitting a contested LONG range 3 pointer?

Game is fu*king broken, sh*t's trash

68 comments for "Anyone know how to play defense on 2k12?"

6 years ago '05        #2
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 JAY THE GOAT said:
Is it possible to contest a shot without fouling?yup, right stick contests shots

Is it possible to keep up with the ball handler? I do all the time

Is it possible to stop the cpu from hitting a contested LONG range 3 pointer?yup, you lock up and stop runnin in circles

My game is broken, Im fu*king trash (fixed)
Jus like every year...you gotta get used to sh*t
 6 years ago '04        #3
therealness 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,445 | Props total: 1572 1572
Hold LT to shuffle your feet and stay in front of the ball handler. While holding LT also hold RT to shuffle faster. Shiit is hard as hell but im getting better. Still have alot of plays where my player is flying all around the court.
 6 years ago '11        #4
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535 OP
space
space
$52,306 | Props total: 20034 20034
They tried to make the game to real and fu*ked it up.

garbage game, will be replaced in the rotation by mw3 next month
 6 years ago '04        #5
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,111 | Props total: 10 10
 JAY THE GOAT said:
They tried to make the game to real and fu*ked it up.

garbage game, will be replaced in the rotation by mw3 next month
its funny cause every year with EVERY sports title, the same threads and responses get made. you always have the people that point out the faults, and then others come rushing in defending the game and claiming that they have no problems with it, when chances are theyre playing on rookie and with a stacked team so all their mistakes get covered by their stacked teammates. ive played basketball my entire life, and im not mentally retarded, so its pretty easy to notice the sh*t they havent fixed right off the bat. you cant have a computer ai be able to deflect every fu*king pass that gets made without giving us an option of how we want to pass. i cannot stand driving the lane, seeing a wide open player that id either lob the ball to or bounce pass to, just to have my player throw a chest pass that instantly gets stolen. i cannot stand standing still and having my center have position on the defender, only to have the guy jump right in front the instant i throw a pass. i cant stand playing my player and running down the court, and the guy defending me is a good 10 feet away from me with his back to me, yet the split second i go right, he goes right. if i go left, he goes left the split second i hit the stick. i cant stand missing point blank layups that are getting listed as a+ shots, just to watch the computer hit a left handed d+ shot over 2 defenders the next time down. YES, the game is great. players look awesome, authentic, everything. but how the fu*k have they not fixed getting attached to players bodies when your crashing the boards for an offensive rebound in my player? you literally get stuck, even if you were a step ahead of the guy. its just retarded. i just finished a game where james harden went like 7-7 from 3, on pro lol i tried playing on hall of fame and it just wasnt fun. nothing more annoying then having tim duncan strip the ball from jason kidd in the open floor. nothing more annoying then grabbing an offensive board with keven love directly under the basket,and instead of dunking the ball he puts up a layup that gets blocked by brandon roy of all people. its easy to beat human players in the game because they have the same bs happen to them, like overrunning a defender by 10 feet somehow. or it taking a 4 step animation for a guy to change direction even tho i wasnt hitting turbo lol. i know 30 people will come in and claim none of this happens to them and im just bad at the game, but like i said, odds are theyre people that need to exploit glitches or some bs to win. the same dudes trying to draw full court charges from last year, or double teaming everyone who touches the ball..game is good, ill be playing myplayer for a while, it just suckes they havent addressed a ton of stuff just cause they were focusing on adding more kicks for players to wear /rant ended
 6 years ago '10        #6
Chai 
space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 1 1
^^^ I agree. The passing & defense suck in this game. Though I've gotten better at defense its still flawed.
 6 years ago '10        #7
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,899 | Props total: 21182 21182
And y'all will be the reason why 2k12 changes up it's core gameplay.

There is nothing wrong with the passing, there is nothing wrong with the defense, there is nothing wrong with the cpu making 3's especially when your own teammates make wide open 3's this year, there is nothing wrong with the layups, the problem is y'all suck & y'all are not practicing. I've been someone who has loved the 2k series but has made rants about 2k11 & 2k10. I can tell you they fixed up on damn near everything. You have to be smarter of offense & defense, you must realize that 2k over the years has become a chess game & the wrong move you make, the opposition will make you pay for it. This year it's only more obvious that the opposition makes you pay for it & people are mad they can't play how they did last year or even the year before that.

Wake up people those days of finding little exploits against the cpu is over. The one thing that honestly k!lled your whole argument haffzilla is you saying harden is 7-7 from 3 on pro Really? We playing pro out here? Notch that bi*ch up to all star/simulation. That's the best difficultly to play on this year. But it all starts with how you play. If you are not winning a lot of games & can't pull off certain shots, dribbles, jabs, moves maybe you should hit that training camp & get better. And this goes out to everybody, the t/s included who sucks on defense.

I swear y'all don't take the time out to read up on how to play better on defense. There's a god damn defense insight 2k made just for you & you wanna bi*ch about fouling? No mofu*ker it's cuz you didn't take the time out to practice it. And speaking of controls I stay seeing people in the 2k12 threads ask how to hop step...Holy sh*t there's a controls insight, there's a manual book in your game cover, there's a manual in controls settings like they've been doing that every year when you pause the game, there's a training mode where you actually learn how to hopstep.

/My fu*king rant is over

God damn y'all complain about everything jesus fu*k..
 6 years ago '06        #8
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,486 | Props total: 735 735
^/thread:applause:
 6 years ago '09        #9
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 727 727
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

There is nothing wrong with the passing, there is nothing wrong with the defense, there is nothing wrong with the cpu making 3's especially when your own teammates make wide open 3's this year, there is nothing wrong with the layups, the problem is y'all suck & y'all are not practicing. I've been someone who has loved the 2k series but has made rants about 2k11 & 2k10. I can tell you they fixed up on damn near everything. You have to be smarter of offense & defense, you must realize that 2k over the years has become a chess game & the wrong move you make, the opposition will make you pay for it. This year it's only more obvious that the opposition makes you pay for it & people are mad they can't play how they did last year or even the year before that.

Wake up people those days of finding little exploits against the cpu is over. The one thing that honestly k!lled your whole argument haffzilla is you saying harden is 7-7 from 3 on pro Really? We playing pro out here? Notch that bi*ch up to all star/simulation. That's the best difficultly to play on this year. But it all starts with how you play. If you are not winning a lot of games & can't pull off certain shots, dribbles, jabs, moves maybe you should hit that training camp & get better. And this goes out to everybody, the t/s included who sucks on defense.

I swear y'all don't take the time out to read up on how to play better on defense. There's a god damn defense insight 2k made just for you & you wanna bi*ch about fouling? No mofu*ker it's cuz you didn't take the time out to practice it. And speaking of controls I stay seeing people in the 2k12 threads ask how to hop step...Holy sh*t there's a controls insight, there's a manual book in your game cover, there's a manual in controls settings like they've been doing that every year when you pause the game, there's a training mode where you actually learn how to hopstep.

/My fu*king rant is over

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #10
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

/My fu*king rant is over

THIS 100% Percent... now uh when you want your a.ss whipped playa?

Add me on whichever system you want it on

PS 3 Gamersince1976
360 Gamersince76
 6 years ago '06        #11
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,316 | Props total: 1085 1085
 haff3131 said:
its funny cause every year with EVERY sports title, the same threads and responses get made. you always have the people that point out the faults, and then others come rushing in defending the game and claiming that they have no problems with it, when chances are theyre playing on rookie and with a stacked team so all their mistakes get covered by their stacked teammates. ive played basketball my entire life, and im not mentally retarded, so its pretty easy to notice the sh*t they havent fixed right off the bat. you cant have a computer ai be able to deflect every fu*king pass that gets made without giving us an option of how we want to pass. i cannot stand driving the lane, seeing a wide open player that id either lob the ball to or bounce pass to, just to have my player throw a chest pass that instantly gets stolen. i cannot stand standing still and having my center have position on the defender, only to have the guy jump right in front the instant i throw a pass. i cant stand playing my player and running down the court, and the guy defending me is a good 10 feet away from me with his back to me, yet the split second i go right, he goes right. if i go left, he goes left the split second i hit the stick. i cant stand missing point blank layups that are getting listed as a+ shots, just to watch the computer hit a left handed d+ shot over 2 defenders the next time down. YES, the game is great. players look awesome, authentic, everything. but how the fu*k have they not fixed getting attached to players bodies when your crashing the boards for an offensive rebound in my player? you literally get stuck, even if you were a step ahead of the guy. its just retarded. i just finished a game where james harden went like 7-7 from 3, on pro lol i tried playing on hall of fame and it just wasnt fun. nothing more annoying then having tim duncan strip the ball from jason kidd in the open floor. nothing more annoying then grabbing an offensive board with keven love directly under the basket,and instead of dunking the ball he puts up a layup that gets blocked by brandon roy of all people. its easy to beat human players in the game because they have the same bs happen to them, like overrunning a defender by 10 feet somehow. or it taking a 4 step animation for a guy to change direction even tho i wasnt hitting turbo lol. i know 30 people will come in and claim none of this happens to them and im just bad at the game, but like i said, odds are theyre people that need to exploit glitches or some bs to win. the same dudes trying to draw full court charges from last year, or double teaming everyone who touches the ball..game is good, ill be playing myplayer for a while, it just suckes they havent addressed a ton of stuff just cause they were focusing on adding more kicks for players to wear /rant ended
you wrote too much aint nobody reading this long a.ss sh*t. at least space it man damn
 6 years ago '04        #12
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
^
my n*gga came through and shut down the building!

Also.... Pro? Naw I don't know what that setting is....my sh*t stays going to HOF because I like the challenge. You do have to be smarter this year, about the shots you take. If your in the paint, you better choose what post move you do wisely cause 9/10 times you about to get your sh*t blocked or contested (I got blocked like 2 times by Mutumbo with Dream). There lucky I haven't dream shaked him yet.
 6 years ago '04        #13
space
space
 Da Ill One said:

PS 3 Gamersince1976
360 Gamersince76
Ill you running with the Bulls on the 360? Cause my Showtime Lakers is ready to stop yall, or you can have Mr. 24 go 11 for 32 and scoring 35pts to beat the Bulls

GT: KastDaHNIC

Agent tell me you got this for 360, so we can see the Knicks vs Lakers
 6 years ago '10        #14
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,899 | Props total: 21182 21182
 Da Ill One said:

PS 3 Gamersince1976
360 Gamersince76
I got you on the 360, but it's gonna be a while till I get on live.
 6 years ago '10        #15
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19634 19634
Just stay in front of your man and shade him in the direction where you know the help defense is at. Force the jumpshot.
 6 years ago '04        #16
therealness 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,445 | Props total: 1572 1572
The one thing I have to agree about is the passing. Ain't no way players are deflecting and intercepting passes with their backs turned. You think you have a blind spot but the the computer turns around or puts their hand up as soon as you pass it. It looks so dumb on some matrix shiit. Good point guards like J.Kidd and CP3 should b passing around players not right to them. Even not so great players lol. These guys are NBA players(not 1st graders) and passing shouldn't b one of the most difficult parts of the game.
 6 years ago '04        #17
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 Kasssssst said:
Ill you running with the Bulls on the 360? Cause my Showtime Lakers is ready to stop yall, or you can have Mr. 24 go 11 for 32 and scoring 35pts to beat the Bulls

GT: KastDaHNIC

Agent tell me you got this for 360, so we can see the Knicks vs Lakers
Mr. 24 gonna be iceing them knees following and keeping up with Mr. #1...the old man don't want it son lol... Ill add you in a second on xbox.com cant play untill I get off work though so get your practice in... (mad sh*t talking probably get my a.ss whipped lol but ill have fun in the process)
 6 years ago '10        #18
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,842 | Props total: 6012 6012
mabye its because i was warned the defense was a lot harder in this, but ive been a fu*kin brick wall on these fools. my pg is getting like 3 blocks a game and 4 rebounds. yeah they catch me sometimes and drive hard to the lane but if you stay tight and at least swat at the ball you get points for good defense.
 6 years ago '04        #19
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,111 | Props total: 10 10
killed my whole argument?? the only reason i mentioned it was on pro was because its supposed to make the ai not as hard and he STILL went 7-7 from 3 with hands in his face. i then proceeded to say i was playing on hall of fame and it just wasnt fun. i like how you dont point that out. yeah, your guys make wide open 3's definitely, but harden wasnt wide open. i put the grade the shot thing on just so i can see if im fu*king up, i am literally getting an a+ grade on every wide open shot and i still miss half the time, which is cool with me if the computer was doing the same thing.
the passing is not realistic. i want an even game back and forth. i dont want to come down and have a pf just strip the ball in the open floor from a great ball handling pg, and then have the computer come down and drive the lane and make the stupidest pass ive ever seen thru traffic and still somehow get to the target. how come my computer ai aint tipping the ball and getting strips? or blocking every shot that goes up after someone gets an offensive rebound? if my team gets a block or steal its only because i got it myself.
i knew people would rush in the minute they read what sounded like me bashing the game, i still called the game great. i still think it deserves the review it got, but its not a perfect game. they still didnt fix a lot of the sh*t in myplayer, which you didnt address at all in your response, and which is the mode i play the most.
also, what the hell is their criteria for giving a player a little 3 symbol on them? a majority of the players in this game are rated like 72 and under, yet there are tons of players that have that sumbol under them. only the top like 15 percentage shooters from the year before should be considered marksmen out there. boris diaw has one. i feel like its a college game out there, you definitely hit a ton more 3s, but i want to drive and kick. and it seems like everytime i drive, i get doubled, i try to kick to the guy they doubled from and it gets tipped by a guy with his back to me. just frustrating as hell.
 6 years ago '04        #20
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
Mr. 24 gonna be iceing them knees following and keeping up with Mr. #1...the old man don't want it son lol... Ill add you in a second on xbox.com cant play untill I get off work though so get your practice in... (mad sh*t talking probably get my a.ss whipped lol but ill have fun in the process)
If Pau is 2011 playoff Pau than yeah were gonna lose if Pau is 2010I Finals Game 1should Pau than I have confidence No matter what Mr. 24 is gonna get his points even with sh*tty shooting. The Bulls bench should come up big so I expect you to get close to vctory till its crunch time, and that's when Clutchness shall prevail and I talk sh*t too
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
8 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago