Ring Magazine ranks the top 10 Middleweights of last 50 years

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
100 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
269 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '04        #41
jasonrcruz 
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 1 1
 dre03 said:
How the fu*k is RJJR an honorable mention when he beat Mccallum, Toney and Hopkins... Who are all ranked in the top 10? Roy beat Hopkins to win the middleweight title...

This ranking is retarded
I thought the same thing at first but when you look, he did most of his work at 168 in the early years.
 6 years ago '09        #42
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
 PEK said:
Because Hopkins is the only one he beat at middleweight. The rest of those guys he beat at 168 or 175. Jones will be top 10 in those 2 weight classes.
Super Middleweight wasn't established until 1984...but it's still middleweight as quite a few of these guys came in above the 160 lb limit(Hagler and Monzon)
 6 years ago '04        #43
jasonrcruz 
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 1 1
LMAO i'm dying at all the people here asking why Floyd's not on the list. It really shows there boxing knowledge. There stans that don't even understand how weight divisions work.
 10-06-2011, 04:39 PM         #44
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This post is a classic boxden post IMO. Cause it weeded out all the fu*k faces who sit here an talk sh*t but know nothing about boxing lol.

Seeing that footage of B Hop vs Trinidad made my day....I remember my pops was so hard on that Trinidad bandwagon that he bet me 350 on that sh*t. I bought a zip with that n*ggas bread and was smoking good

The list really isnt that bad....Its a few holes in it, and because of the fact that its opinion....I mean its cool

Make your own list, nobodies list is really fact unless we pick Wins vs Losses or some sh*t like that.

My favorite Middleweight is Bernard Hopkins....Only reason I say that is cause when everyone else aged, they fell off...Hes one of the few boxers in this sport who really got better and smarter over the years.
 10-06-2011, 04:57 PM         #45
Gramzsdfasdfsdf  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phicmagic said:
This post is a classic boxden post IMO. Cause it weeded out all the fu*k faces who sit here an talk sh*t but know nothing about boxing lol.

Seeing that footage of B Hop vs Trinidad made my day....I remember my pops was so hard on that Trinidad bandwagon that he bet me 350 on that sh*t. I bought a zip with that n*ggas bread and was smoking good

The list really isnt that bad....Its a few holes in it, and because of the fact that its opinion....I mean its cool

Make your own list, nobodies list is really fact unless we pick Wins vs Losses or some sh*t like that.

My favorite Middleweight is Bernard Hopkins....Only reason I say that is cause when everyone else aged, they fell off...Hes one of the few boxers in this sport who really got better and smarter over the years.
Monzon suffered his 3 losses in the early stages of his career, avenged two of them. Look at his record and body of work. It's hard to argue that Monzon wasn't the greatest Middleweight boxer ever. He went out on top while Hopkins is very deserving of a Top 3 Middleweight ranking, I think his loss to Calzaghe even at Light Heavyweight hurts his status when you start discussing the All-Time greats. He lost to Jermain twice too and that was at Middleweight.
 6 years ago '07        #46
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 xRapHeadx said:
B-Hop's best wins are over blown up Welterweights(Tito, and Oscar) He beat Winky well above his best weight and Ghost too....Hagler over Mugabi>>>>Any B-Hop win.
kelly pavlik,antonio tarver,jean pascal are blown up welters???bhop had to hav his title reign ended by politics
u obviously dont kno sh*t about tha sweet science.lol @ mugabi
 6 years ago '07        #47
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 xRapHeadx said:
Roy had more f!ghts below 175 then he did above it. He's a natural middleweight and he's definitely top 3.
roy is generally ranked wit lhw's not mw,and wit tha exception of hopkins,his best work came above mw.and below 175 is 168 so theres no point in sayin he had more f!ghts at those weights than lhw,which he didnt.

jones was strugglin to make m.w even b4 tha hopkins f!ght,which was his last f!ght of note at that weight
 6 years ago '11        #48
MACADEMICS 17 heat pts17
space
space
$3,731 | Props total: 1549 1549
 r.burgundy said:
kelly pavlik,antonio tarver,jean pascal are blown up welters???bhop had to hav his title reign ended by politics
u obviously dont kno sh*t about tha sweet science.lol @ mugabi
Pascal isn't good enough to be a sparring partner for Marvelous, Pavlik would have got brutally KO'd and Tarver would have gotten outworked by Hagler.

All of those f!ghters you mentioned happened above 160, so why bring them up? Look at Hopkin's middleweight reign, TOMATO CANS! Easiest middleweight run, never went up to challenge RJJ when he was in his prime @ 168-175, his only two great wins @ 160 are over blown up welterweights.
 6 years ago '07        #49
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 xRapHeadx said:
Super Middleweight wasn't established until 1984...but it's still middleweight as quite a few of these guys came in above the 160 lb limit(Hagler and Monzon)
where tha hell are u gettin this from??
hagler was a smallish mw and fought in tha era of same day weigh in's.it was extremely rare for him to come in ova mw weight limit and tha same wit monzon cept monz was taller lol
 6 years ago '07        #50
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 MACADEMICS said:
Pascal isn't good enough to be a sparring partner for Marvelous, Pavlik would have got brutally KO'd and Tarver would have gotten outworked by Hagler.

All of those f!ghters you mentioned happened above 160, so why bring them up? Look at Hopkin's middleweight reign, TOMATO CANS! Easiest middleweight run, never went up to challenge RJJ when he was in his prime @ 168-175, his only two great wins @ 160 are over blown up welterweights.
because they werent blown up welters and they are great wins,and i dont think for 1 sec that hagler would beat any 1 of them in his 40's.i really dont think he beats them in his prime either

this right here just shows u dont kno sh*t about tha science.if u gonna talk about hops not

movin up to 68-75,lets talk about hagler repeatedly duckin spinks callin him out while at same time claimin sugar was duckin him
 6 years ago '11        #51
MACADEMICS 17 heat pts17
space
space
$3,731 | Props total: 1549 1549
Hagler couldn't beat Pavlik/Pascal/Tarver in his prime? Come on, don't be making outrageous statements like that. Prime Hagler was tearing up f!ghters that were more complete as all round boxers? Do you think that those guys would enjoy the same success in Hagler's era?

Maybe he ducked, but it's how the game is. It's a business, the only pure aspect of the sport is the training and when the bell sounds, everything else is extra. Every f!ghter has ducked at some point. Hopkin's still has poor middleweight comp compared to Marvelous.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy