Oct 5 - Pull your money out of the bank before its too late!

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,735 | Props total: 6438 6438
 Bullseye said:
This is why...

6 years ago '06        #42
Icee 33 heat pts33
space
space
$11,714 | Props total: 5704 5704
When the Economy really does crash, all you need is a lot of guns along with ammo because it's going to war on the streets trust me.
 6 years ago '04        #43
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286
better start payin me in lbs.

6 years ago '10        #44
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
$426 | Props total: 119 119
 lyrical genius said:
I will guarantee the bigger banks invest in "your" community more than all the credit unions combined. The first part of your statement was right though. To add, banks are more heavily regulated than CU's hence why most nickled!cks prefer them cause cause they are usually the ones with no loot. If u have money and treat a bank account like it is supposed to, ur gonna actually prefer a bank. Also, CU's usually have better rates because they need more capital. I've worked in management for a top 5 bank for years and we got so much excess cash it isn't even funny. We would actually PREFER people take the high savings and CD's out right now

On another note, those of you that think your money is any safer in a CU are idiots and have no idea how this sh*t works.
This...........(for the most part). I'm not sure about investing into the community but I agree.

I work in retail for a top 10 US Bank and it's just business as usual. The every day working individual doesn't realize the grand scheme of things. Thanks to recent Government regulations (and more to come with the Dodd-Frank act) it has been harder for banks to make money. A Bank has to make money.....it's that simple. So a bank (mostly the larger ones) has to make more fee's/service charges to make up for loss. But as long as you play by the rules and don't Overdraft your fu*king account you will be fine. If your living from paycheck to paycheck then no, I wouldn't recommend a large bank for you. The CU rates are better but they really can't be helped.

As for this dumbass in the video there's more to this story than what's shown. Once you lay hands or threaten a bank employee then you lost all your rights to that specific bank.....period. He would have went home and we would have sent him a check in the mail for whatever was in his account(s). I would have personally delayed that sh*t too just to fu*k with him. You don't lay hands on people who handle your money.
 6 years ago '10        #45
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 109 109
 lyrical genius said:
I will guarantee the bigger banks invest in "your" community more than all the credit unions combined. The first part of your statement was right though. To add, banks are more heavily regulated than CU's hence why most nickled!cks prefer them cause cause they are usually the ones with no loot. If u have money and treat a bank account like it is supposed to, ur gonna actually prefer a bank. Also, CU's usually have better rates because they need more capital. I've worked in management for a top 5 bank for years and we got so much excess cash it isn't even funny. We would actually PREFER people take the high savings and CD's out right now

On another note, those of you that think your money is any safer in a CU are idiots and have no idea how this sh*t works.
But yet you're running your mouth and not explaining a thing... congrats
 6 years ago '05        #46
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,181 | Props total: 3094 3094
 lyrical genius said:

beat me too it..Took the words right outta my mouth. I been working in banking for years and we get reports of Credit Uniions around the country failing daily.
 6 years ago '05        #47
GST 
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2396 2396
 jesusplay said:
I the economy goes to suit your gold and precious metals will be worthless too

They would only be worth something when and if the said "economy" comes back, then you'll be caking

gold can never be worthless...fuk is you talkin bout?
 6 years ago '05        #48
GST 
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2396 2396
 lyrical genius said:

dude you sound like a damn yuppy...it's better to be in a CU than nowhere at all...you're the idiot for thinking you're better than anybody
 6 years ago '04        #49
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
Very interesting thread. I have little to no knowledge about all this stuff, so I'm definitely learning from all these posts. Much appreciated
 6 years ago '07        #50
Avon_Barksdale 4343 heat pts4343
space
space
$42,460 | Props total: 55949 55949
 hood135 said:
Welp, glad I got the old herringbones chains locked up.

6 years ago '06        #51
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
...them times might really be coming. oh sh*t lol shouts to martial law
 10-06-2011, 07:21 AM         #52
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WalmartRollback said:
But yet you're running your mouth and not explaining a thing... congrats
The same money that is in a credit union is the same money in a bank. So if something happens to the dollar we are all fu*ked so that whole argument is worthless.

Everybody's bank account credit union account whatever is insured up to 250 gsss. So if Wells Fargo crashes then ur covered up to 250 k. Likewise with a CU. Where it gets dicey is if ur over that mark which I would a.ssume none of us are. Hypothetically, if someone in here has that much scratch do u really want that much money in a CU? Small banks and CU's get shutdown DAILY. Big banks fail, they get bought out or the govt bails them out so ur accounts are good. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but it is way more likely u could lose ur million dollars in a small CU over bank of America or wells or pnc etc.

Do u guys really think bill gates or Warren buffet has there billions in a local credit union???. Come on now..........
 6 years ago '10        #53
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,111 | Props total: 1269 1269
BOA charging for debit card charges hahaha n*ggaz mad
 10-06-2011, 07:24 AM         #54
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4cornerspt.2 said:
You aint lying about that sh*t,you pretty much better off buying gold and silver then putting that sh*t in the bank.You can always sell your gold later on for cash
Fuhk that I like ALL MY ICE!
 10-06-2011, 07:25 AM         #55
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GST said:
dude you sound like a damn yuppy...it's better to be in a CU than nowhere at all...you're the idiot for thinking you're better than anybody

Can u please say where I think I'm better than anybody? And I gave u facts why banks are safer than CU's and u gave me opinions and I actually have some knowledge cause I've dealt with it for the last 2000 days of my life. So who REALLY is the idiot yuppie you CU groupie.........
 6 years ago '10        #56
Like Kobe 
space
space
space
$2,644 | Props total: 833 833
been waiting 6 years for the banks to crash and the world to end
wish it would just hurry up and happen already, sick of hearing you chicken little a.ss n*ggas
 10-06-2011, 09:18 AM         #57
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stl12188 said:
cd's have contract lengths on them... you can't just sign a contract with the bank for a 2 year cd at x.xx% interest and expect them to give it back to you in 1 year, on demand. that 5000 will be looking like 3800 after the fees that the bank has on the transaction are factored in. it does not work that way when you enter into a contractual agreement like that.. you don't know what the fu*k was included in those two pages of "terms and conditions."
its ur money you can do wtever the fuk u want wit it, you obviously never had a cd before. sure, theres fees, but you can withdraw whenever u want, and dont tell me u cant cause ive done it.
 6 years ago '05        #58
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,022 | Props total: 537 537
geezus n*ggas been saying this sh*t for years and will continue to say it for years...aint no body fina do sh*t as long as madden and 2k cost greenbacks yall will just continue to say "yall better buy gold"... live ya life theres more value in it than monetary hassle of worry
 10-06-2011, 09:20 AM         #59
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and plus, its a waste of time to even put money into a cd right now anyway, what they giving 1%-2% ? my grandmother gave me a cd about 15 years ago, sh*t was like 12% i think.
 6 years ago '06        #60
johnny 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,099 | Props total: 218 218
some of these responses in here make it obvious a majority of people do not understand the basics of the barter system...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now