'Dexter' Future Uncertain As Michael C. Hall, Showtime Hit Contract Stalemate

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
82 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
7828 pageviews
154 comments

Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19977 19977
'Dexter' Future Uncertain As Michael C. Hall, Showtime Hit Contract Stalemate

EXCLUSIVE: Showtime’s flagship drama Dexter opened its sixth season on Sunday with a stellar 2.2 million viewers, up 24% from last year to mark the hit series’ highest-rated premiere ever and Showtime’s best original series opener in at least 14 years. But the prospects of the hit drama going to a seventh season are now uncertain as negotiations between Dexter star Michael C. Hall and Showtime have broken down. I hear that the two sides reached an impasse yesterday, the same day Dexter‘s big Season 6 premiere ratings came out. Hall’s contract for Dexter is up after the current sixth season, which is about to wrap production. He has been negotiating with Showtime for a while, but I hear talks broke down after the two sides couldn’t bridge a $4 million gap in proposed salary for a new deal, with Showtime offering $20 million for two more seasons and Hall’s team asking for $24 million. Either figure would make Hall one of the highest-paid actors in cable. Sources indicate that the network brass remain hopeful about reaching a deal, with signing Hall for one more season vs. two also an option. Hall jumped on Dexter immediately after finishing Six Feet Under and, after working on a TV series for 10 straight years, the actor had been looking to do other things, including a Broadway musical. He won a Golden Globe for his role on Dexter last year.

[pic - click to view]

‘Dexter’ Stalemate Between Michael C. Hall And Showtime Puts Show’s Future In Limbo – Deadline.com
image Michael C. Hall getting PAID.

154 comments for "'Dexter' Future Uncertain As Michael C. Hall, Showtime Hit Contract Stalemate"

6 years ago '10        #2
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,622 | Props total: 101 101
Screw it meet in the middle at $22. This better not be the last season.
 6 years ago '06        #3
datdude41 
space
space
$1,119 | Props total: 1 1
If season 6 goes well, I'd love for 2 more seasons. If 6 is so-so, do one more and go out with a fu*king bang.
 6 years ago '06        #4
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
they better come to an agreement

actually who are we kidding, they'll obviously come to an agreement..showtime isnt gonna mess up one of its biggest shows..see if this was breaking bad, they would've reached an agreement already because the people would be alot more understanding..but yeah its not gonna end so im not worried
 6 years ago '05        #5
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,108 | Props total: 1550 1550
Literally the only show I watch on Showtime and I'm sure I'm not the only one. They would be absolutely stupid not to pay him.
 6 years ago '04        #6
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,891 | Props total: 2001 2001
 WalterWhite said:
Funny how this sh*t happens... He was a nobody before Dexter and still basically is, what else has he done worth mentioning? But anyways, he would have given his left nut to be in this show 6 years ago and now he is nitpicking over 4 million dollars when they are willing to give him 20.

I would tell him smd and off him this season and have him pass the torch to his sister or kid. The show is basically done. Nobody is believing a serial k!ller that works for the cops is going to get away with all this for 8+ years. Show is just comical at this point.
You're actually the only moron who believes ANY of this
 6 years ago '07        #7
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511 OP
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19977 19977
 QualityRecords said:
Literally the only show I watch on Showtime and I'm sure I'm not the only one. They would be absolutely stupid not to pay him.
showtime has a sh*tload of popular shows. Nurse Jackie, Weeds, Californication, Shameless etc.

WalterWhite said:
Funny how this sh*t happens... He was a nobody before Dexter and still basically is, what else has he done worth mentioning? But anyways, he would have given his left nut to be in this show 6 years ago and now he is nitpicking over 4 million dollars when they are willing to give him 20.

I would tell him smd and off him this season and have him pass the torch to his sister or kid. The show is basically done. Nobody is believing a serial k!ller that works for the cops is going to get away with all this for 8+ years. Show is just comical at this point.
you're an idiot. stop talking about things you have 0 knowledge of.
 6 years ago '04        #8
jsmooth-117 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$11,535 | Props total: 6458 6458
 NotoriousKCK said:
Michael C. Hall was one of the best actors in one of the greatest televlsion dramas of all time for five years before Dexter. It was called Six Feet Under. If you've never seen it, perhaps you should watch it. If you have seen it, and you're still going to make such asinine comments, then perhaps you should shut the fu*k up.

And let's not pretend like Michael C. Hall isn't the reason for this show's continued success. The supporting cast is a snooze and the writing has, more or less, gone to the toilet. Hall IS the reason that Dexter is still a success.

Just drop the Mic and say thank you we love you. The show is over the curtains are coming down. Nothing else is left to be said
 10-05-2011, 08:14 AM         #9
Thee504Legend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pay this man whatever he wants!
 10-05-2011, 08:15 AM         #10
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #11
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249
space
space
$8,395 | Props total: 7107 7107
 lilsnatch770 said:
this....

minimafia_aj said:
showtime has a sh*tload of popular shows. Nurse Jackie, Weeds, Californication, Shameless etc.

you're an idiot. stop talking about things you have 0 knowledge of.
Yes showtime has better shows to me right now than HBO. And I used to only watch HBO shows and they have stepped their game up.

NotoriousKCK said:
Michael C. Hall was one of the best actors in one of the greatest televlsion dramas of all time for five years before Dexter. It was called Six Feet Under. If you've never seen it, perhaps you should watch it. If you have seen it, and you're still going to make such asinine comments, then perhaps you should shut the fu*k up.

And let's not pretend like Michael C. Hall isn't the reason for this show's continued success. The supporting cast is a snooze and the writing has, more or less, gone to the toilet. Hall IS the reason that Dexter is still a success.
 6 years ago '09        #12
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
space
$7,982 | Props total: 1854 1854
 WalterWhite said:

Six Feet Under?
 6 years ago '06        #13
Kjizzle03 37 heat pts37
space
space
$25,270 | Props total: 7403 7403
Showtime better look over the books again and find 4 more million and pay that man

*Thinks I should check out this "Six Feet Under" everyone speaks highly of*
 10-05-2011, 11:16 AM         #14
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WalterWhite said:
What the fu*k is that? I was too busy watching the GOAT show to ever grace premium cable. The show that paved the way for Six Feet Under and Dexter.

The Sopranos
 10-05-2011, 12:01 PM         #15
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

10-05-2011, 12:05 PM         #16
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ultimately, the best character was Nate Fisher, tho, NotoriousKCK.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #17
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 lilsnatch770 said:
dudes a fu*king moron, what do you expect him to say?
 10-05-2011, 12:18 PM         #18
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at that 4x01

this one, too.

[video - click to view]

10-05-2011, 12:30 PM         #19
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Sopranos for squares. Six Feet Under is the GOAT series HBO ever aired.
 6 years ago '04        #20
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,891 | Props total: 2001 2001
 WalterWhite said:
Sorry, I had to stop you right there. You have no clue what you're talking about. The Sopranos was already 2 seasons deep before Six Feet Under started. If it wasn't for the success of the Sopranos a show like Six Feet Under would have never been given the green light, FACT.
Actually, not a fact, as the script, casting, directors, etc, would have taken more than two years to get ready. Six Feet Under wasn't given the "green light" because of Sopranos. How many times do you want to get schooled in one thread. I'd just stay away from this thread all together. You've already missed once, now twice, why try to make it three times?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago