Samsung Galaxy S II Compared to the iPhone 4S (Chart)

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
92 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
77 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '04        #81
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 .Hafestos. said:
I couldnt make out what you were trying to say over the slurping though

the fact is, the iphone can do less things simultaneously, faster. Thats not impressive, thats EXPECTED. Given the SAME chores, how would they both perform? and I dont care either way, I'm most likely getting the 4$ if I go to sprint, just for the fact that if I dont want it, I can flip it for more money
the main point is, what's the use of having those all star specs if they don't even match up with the 4s head to head in speed, plain n simple, it has flash but it's slower when you visit a flash site , it keeps your apps running in the background and wastes tons of battery then what's the use , its a minuscule difference between flash running and not on sites with how popular html5 is anyways, and if your phone has trouble making it through browsing throughout the day as is whats the point?
 6 years ago '04        #82
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
I am planning on getting the 4S but that comparison video was not really fair.. The Galaxy S browser would be slightly slower since it has to load flash content, whereas the iPhone would not have that issue.. Very bias to prove a point.. SMH
 6 years ago '04        #83
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Nu Tymez said:
I am planning on getting the 4S but that comparison video was not really fair.. The Galaxy S browser would be slightly slower since it has to load flash content, whereas the iPhone would not have that issue.. Very bias to prove a point.. SMH
so then how would you explain the 4s blowing away every phone in the benchmark tests, I'm sure they're biased too right
 10-12-2011, 04:17 PM         #84
Cipherr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nu Tymez said:

Yep, the point with Android phones isn't that they run flash. Its that, unlike the iPhone they give you the CHOICE of running flash if you want to. You are free to turn it off and it will load pages the same way an iPhone does. But if you want flash, you can fu*king turn it on.

The guy just didn't turn flash off to make it a fair comparison which is ridiculous. I expect the 4S to be faster than a 7 month old phone. It fu*king well better be, the Galaxy S2 debuted in May and the iPhone 4S is out this month. Its going to be faster, but its a shame that he had to juke the test to squeeze out a 2 second faster loading time, then when he got called on it, he acted just like finishim is, religiously defending Apple.

Pathetic sh*t.
 10-12-2011, 05:50 PM         #85
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
so then how would you explain the 4s blowing away every phone in the benchmark tests, I'm sure they're biased too right
The Iphone 4S is a solid phone. On that note...just so you know, one of those benchmarks was false. It has been proven that the browsing benchmark was done with a newer version of the benchmark for the Iphone 4S and an older version of the benchmark for the other phones. When the same version was used, the GSII beat the Iphone 4S. Especially when using browsers such as Firefox or Opera. Also the benchmarks used IOS5 for the Iphone 4s which is already optimized for dual core processors. The GSII is running Gingerbread which is not optimized for dual core processors. ICS will be optimized for dual core processors. Not a completely fair comparison.

Even when you look at GPU performance for 3D gaming. Iphone 4S does not use V-Sync in their games while the GSII does by default. V-Sync uses a lot of processing power resulting in fewer fps but no screen tearing.

You have to be careful when looking at benchmarks because they are not always an apples to apples comparison.

With all that being said, both phones are excellent choices. It really comes down to whether you prefer Android OS or IOS. For a few it also comes down to screen size as well.

Also just so you know, the stock browser is not the fastest browser out right now. Maybe on ICS it will be, but not right now. Opera is way faster than stock.

Last edited by xeduran; 10-12-2011 at 05:52 PM..
 10-12-2011, 06:18 PM         #86
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The fact of the matter is that the GPU in the A5 is a bit faster than the GPU in the GSII. Due to the A5 using the PowerVR SGX543MP2 which is a dual core GPU and the GSII using the Mali 400. Again due to V-Sync being used on the GSII to prevent screen tearing and have the best 3D experience, the FPS on the GSII are going to be lower than the Iphone 4S. The GSII purposely caps the FPS to use V-Sync. The Iphone 4S does not use V-Sync. If you do not know what V-Sync is or screen tearing, google it. This is what the GPU benchmarks do not mention. All things considered though, the GPU in the A5 is still slightly better, or at least it is a.ssumed to be slightly better if you take into account the amount of FPS lost due to V-Sync being enabled and compare with those numbers. Nobody really knows for sure.

Now when it comes to the CPU side...The A5 uses the exact same CPU as the GSII. Samsung makes both chips. The only difference is the Iphone 4S is clocked at 800mhz (to save battery life) and the GSII is clocked at 1.2Ghz. So obviously the GSII has the faster CPU. Of course those of us who like to root the phone can overclock the CPU to 1.5Ghz, almost double the clock of the Iphone 4S. But for those keeping it at stock clock rates, they still have a faster processor.

The GSII will also see a huge improvement once ICS is released with all the dual core optimizations.
 10-12-2011, 06:28 PM         #87
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
The fact of the matter is that the GPU in the A5 is a bit faster than the GPU in the GSII. Due to the A5 using the PowerVR SGX543MP2 which is a dual core GPU and the GSII using the Mali 400. Again due to V-Sync being used on the GSII to prevent screen tearing and have the best 3D experience, the FPS on the GSII are going to be lower than the Iphone 4S. The GSII purposely caps the FPS to use V-Sync. The Iphone 4S does not use V-Sync. If you do not know what V-Sync is or screen tearing, google it. This is what the GPU benchmarks do not mention. All things considered though, the GPU in the A5 is still slightly better, or at least it is a.ssumed to be slightly better if you take into account the amount of FPS lost due to V-Sync being enabled and compare with those numbers. Nobody really knows for sure.

Now when it comes to the CPU side...The A5 uses the exact same CPU as the GSII. Samsung makes both chips. The only difference is the Iphone 4S is clocked at 800mhz (to save battery life) and the GSII is clocked at 1.2Ghz. So obviously the GSII has the faster CPU. Of course those of us who like to root the phone can overclock the CPU to 1.5Ghz, almost double the clock of the Iphone 4S. But for those keeping it at stock clock rates, they still have a faster processor.

The GSII will also see a huge improvement once ICS is released with all the dual core optimizations.

This. GSII might as well be single-core considering thats basically all gingerbread uses
 6 years ago '11        #88
Hazard 22 heat pts22
space
space
space
$2,169 | Props total: 638 638
 Andhily said:
This. GSII might as well be single-core considering thats basically all gingerbread uses
That's what I been saying... all these android nuts talking about dual core/quad core but their most recent OS only uses 1 core and there really aren't many apps out there that use dual core...

SMDH.
 10-12-2011, 10:05 PM         #89
Cipherr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hazard said:
That's what I been saying... all these android nuts talking about dual core/quad core but their most recent OS only uses 1 core and there really aren't many apps out there that use dual core...

SMDH.

This is sort of ironic in a thread where folks are talking about how nice the 4S GPU is when 99% of games arent even designed to use 50% of the CURRENT smartphone gpus. Theres like 10 games that can even make use of the extra power the 4S GPU uses, and none of those games are very popular.
 10-12-2011, 10:26 PM         #90
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cipherr said:
This is sort of ironic in a thread where folks are talking about how nice the 4S GPU is when 99% of games arent even designed to use 50% of the CURRENT smartphone gpus. Theres like 10 games that can even make use of the extra power the 4S GPU uses, and none of those games are very popular.
This is exactly why the GSII uses V-Sync. What good is the ridiculously high FPS if no games take advantage of that. Better to enable V-Sync and prevent any screen tearing at all.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy