4th quarter 2011: What phone you getting next?

most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

what phone you getting
Nexus Prime 46 30.26%
Iphone (same shit all over again with a slight upgrade)4s 58 38.16%
galaxy s II 25 16.45%
HTC amaze 5 3.29%
droid charge 0 0%
thunderbolt 0 0%
bionic 2 1.32%
next Blackberry phone 9 5.92%
win mango phone 7 4.61%
Voters: 152. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
WOODS5000 
space
space
$2,162 | Props total: 92 92
the thread has took it to the streets fa real... lmao

anyway next phone? moto pho 4g with SPB 3D...FTW
 6 years ago '04        #22
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
I'll probably hold out for the iPhone 5.

I don't get why folks are mad at the iPhone 4S like this wasn't done a couple years ago though Y'all forgot about the 3S or something? It's not supposed to be groundbreaking, it's supposed to stimulate the market and expand the demographic. Now the original 4 is only $99, more people can afford an Apple product to prepare themselves for the big sale: iPhone 5.

Marketing 101. So why are y'all disappointed exactly?

Of all people, ESPECIALLY current iPhone 4 owners shouldn't be mad at all. Sell your current iPhone and end up with a free brand new 4S. That white 64GB iPhone doesn't sound bad at all right about now, I'm contemplating using up my upgrade since AT&T will probably offer an early upgrade on the iPhone 5 anyway.

I'm interested in seeing what that Nexus Prime is all about though.
 6 years ago '09        #23
Tiko377 1860 heat pts1860
space
space
$15,201 | Props total: 8929 8929
I might stick with my white iPhone 4 .... really let down today i mean the phone was cool but a 3.5 inch screen still? i was hoping at the very least it with be 3.8-4.0 inches.

i will be intrigued by the nexus prime but a phone that has always had me interested is the Sony Arc S phone.

Windows 7 phones are lame on vzw.
 6 years ago '07        #24
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
I too was pissed about that 4S announcement.. I'm stickin wit my 3GS til the "5" drops.
 6 years ago '07        #25
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
was never really a fan of the iPhone 4's design- 4S a dope phone no doubt, but I waited this long, I can wait a lil longer for the 5. fu*k, I was really hopin it'd drop this year tho, lol fu*k.
 10-05-2011, 01:21 AM         #26
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The new Nokia Windows Phone might be my next phone, but I won't get that until next year probably.
 6 years ago '10        #27
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$3,990 | Props total: 5678 5678
 Dezine said:
okay I dont even buy apple products or own anything apple, but your a fu*king retard, what more do you want from a phone, its fu*king dual core, and has alot more sh*t, how is that not an upgrade you retard, save your money, no gives a sh*t, and i garantee instead of losing 10 billon like you say they will prolly make 20, now stfu and quit bi*chin
In summary: The iPhone 4S looks just like my iPhone 4. I'll be damned if I feel like I'm buying the same sh*t twice. That's why I'm waiting for the iPhone 5 (or iPhone 6?)

In detail: I never said the 4S wasn't an upgrade over the iPhone 4 bi*ch, I said it was a WACK a.ss UPDATE. What more do I want? I primarily wanted a different design that included a larger screen. The upgrades to the 4's internals don't appeal to me that much because the current performance of my iPhone 4 is good enough. I don't run major programs and sh*t on my phone...I have laptops and desktops for that...so the dual core and the ram upgrade don't carry much value to me. And f*ck a Siri, I wouldn't use that gimmick a.ss sh*t. And yeah, chances are that Apple won't lose $10 billion but I guarantee their market share will slip on smartphones. This is 2011, not 2009. Apple can't get away with a "refresh" anymore; the competition is too deep for that.

I bet people jump ship from the iPhone...I hope they do. Apple needs a fire under their a.ss apparently. Maybe I'm wrong about predicting their market presence slipping but I doubt it. And with Apple being so "hip" I would have never thought they wouldn't adjust to the modern market where consumers watch a new phone be introduced every quarter. Google may be better business men than Apple after all. 16 months to make a "4S"? Really? I'd rather Apple be upfront and real about they product timelines. All this guessing game sh*t is wearing thin on my patience.
 10-05-2011, 01:23 AM         #28
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RYLNYC said:
I'll probably hold out for the iPhone 5.

I don't get why folks are mad at the iPhone 4S like this wasn't done a couple years ago though Y'all forgot about the 3S or something? It's not supposed to be groundbreaking, it's supposed to stimulate the market and expand the demographic. Now the original 4 is only $99, more people can afford an Apple product to prepare themselves for the big sale: iPhone 5.

Marketing 101. So why are y'all disappointed exactly?

Of all people, ESPECIALLY current iPhone 4 owners shouldn't be mad at all. Sell your current iPhone and end up with a free brand new 4S. That white 64GB iPhone doesn't sound bad at all right about now, I'm contemplating using up my upgrade since AT&T will probably offer an early upgrade on the iPhone 5 anyway.

I'm interested in seeing what that Nexus Prime is all about though.
Because there's no progression. There's no change. It's practically the same product. When Microsoft is making a better user interface than Apple, that's cause for worry in my opinion. Apple really needs an evolutionary phone.

To be honest, I was more excited about the card sending service than the iPhone 4s.
 6 years ago '04        #29
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
 Dangerously said:
Because there's no progression. There's no change. It's practically the same product. When Microsoft is making a better user interface than Apple, that's cause for worry in my opinion. Apple really needs an evolutionary phone.

To be honest, I was more excited about the card sending service than the iPhone 4s.
An upgraded processor, an upgraded camera, iCloud integration, increase in HD size, and a hugely improved iOS (ESPECIALLY the notification system). Am I missing something? It may not be a brand new phone, but a new iPhone was overdue, and here it is. Don't like it? The current iPhone 4 is available for $99. Still not happy? The 3GS is free.

The way I see it is Android as a whole is spoiling the sh-t out of y'all. It's like y'all expect a new iPhone every other month with insanely new features and upgrades.

Like I said, why are folks mad when the exact same thing happened with the 3G? This is how Apple stimulates their market. It's nothing new, the same will happen with the 5S in a couple years.

Seems like most people are just mad that their wishful thinking and BS rumors didn't come true. Apple never announced the iPhone 5 anytime soon, but folks got brainwashed into thinking it's official or something.

I'onno, I think it's a smart move on Apple's part. As a an Apple user, I'm definitely mad it's not the iPhone 5, but as a person with common sense and his own business, I can see why they're doing it this way. I just want iOS 5 more than anything else right now.
 6 years ago '06        #30
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3477 3477
It doesn't matter what phone I get it'll be outdated in 6 months....

..the Photon
 10-05-2011, 01:49 AM         #31
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RYLNYC said:
An upgraded processor, an upgraded camera, iCloud integration, increase in HD size, and a hugely improved iOS (ESPECIALLY the notification system). Am I missing something? It may not be a brand new phone, but a new iPhone was overdue, and here it is. Don't like it? The current iPhone 4 is available for $99. Still not happy? The 3GS is free.

The way I see it is Android as a whole is spoiling the sh-t out of y'all. It's like y'all expect a new iPhone every other month with insanely new features and upgrades.
That's the thing, I don't like Android. I've never owned an Android phone. I've been an iPhone owner since day one. iOS5 hasn't improved drastically, iOS5 basically stabilized and refined a great deal of jailbreak features. That's not cause for celebration. Even with the improvements, the iPhone's UI looks dated. I don't give a sh*t about buzz words like "being open" or "true multitasking", but I'm tired of having to open five different apps for what I should be able to turn on my phone and view right at the home screen.

And I'm firmly in the camp of people who want a bigger screen. My 4" screen on my Samsung Focus isn't that much bigger, but it's big enough for my phone to enjoy the real estate and not have to zoom in on text as much as I did with my iPhone, I take pictures in Panorama mode now, I think it's perfect.

RYLNYC said:
Like I said, why are folks mad when the exact same thing happened with the 3G? This is how Apple stimulates their market. It's nothing new, the same will happen with the 5S in a couple years.
Because nobody likes to be disappointed and people are tired of stopgaps, especially after the extended wait. I know I was tired of waiting, and I moved on.
 6 years ago '04        #32
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
 Dangerously said:
That's the thing, I don't like Android. I've never owned an Android phone. I've been an iPhone owner since day one. iOS5 hasn't improved drastically, iOS5 basically stabilized and refined a great deal of jailbreak features. That's not cause for celebration. Even with the improvements, the iPhone's UI looks dated. I don't give a sh*t about buzz words like "being open" or "true multitasking", but I'm tired of having to open five different apps for what I should be able to turn on my phone and view right at the home screen.

And I'm firmly in the camp of people who want a bigger screen. My 4" screen on my Samsung Focus isn't that much bigger, but it's big enough for my phone to enjoy the real estate and not have to zoom in on text as much as I did with my iPhone, I take pictures in Panorama mode now, I think it's perfect.

Because nobody likes to be disappointed and people are tired of stopgaps, especially after the extended wait. I know I was tired of waiting, and I moved on.
Naw, I'm not talking at you directly. I don't want to make this another Apple/Android argument. I'm just saying I can see it from both perspectives.

I wish it was an iPhone 5 release, but maybe the reason why I'm not mad is because (1) I didn't EXPECT the iPhone 5 and (2) the iPhone 4 keeps me happy.

You're right to an extent about iOS 5/jail break features though. Surprisingly, not that many people know about jail breaking as you think. And the ones who do, a lot are afraid to mess with it. So all these JB features now being legitimized is still a victory; a small and overdue victory, but still.

The 4S is more for folks who can't afford to own iPhones.

I'm not denying that Apple is f-ckin' up by delaying the iPhone 5, but I'm more in need of a new OS than a new phone right now. iOS 5 will take care of that for me.
 6 years ago '10        #33
Daunte Bx718 
space
space
$1,423 | Props total: 414 414
why cant their be a phone like the evo or the prime with a keyboard...fu*k it im abt 2 go back 2 the sidekick
 10-05-2011, 02:20 AM         #34
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RYLNYC said:
Naw, I'm not talking at you directly. I don't want to make this another Apple/Android argument. I'm just saying I can see it from both perspectives.

I wish it was an iPhone 5 release, but maybe the reason why I'm not mad is because (1) I didn't EXPECT the iPhone 5 and (2) the iPhone 4 keeps me happy.

You're right to an extent about iOS 5/jail break features though. Surprisingly, not that many people know about jail breaking as you think. And the ones who do, a lot are afraid to mess with it. So all these JB features now being legitimized is still a victory; a small and overdue victory, but still.

The 4S is more for folks who can't afford to own iPhones.

I'm not denying that Apple is f-ckin' up by delaying the iPhone 5, but I'm more in need of a new OS than a new phone right now. iOS 5 will take care of that for me.
Overall I think you're right, I'm just really disappointed.
 10-05-2011, 02:20 AM         #35
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daunte Bx718 said:
why cant their be a phone like the evo or the prime with a keyboard...fu*k it im abt 2 go back 2 the sidekick
The iPhone will never have a keyboard so you might as well.
 6 years ago '07        #36
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
Not sure why but if this phone drops on Sprint, this will be my choice

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #37
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
I meant to put the note in the poll.. it does look rediculous
 6 years ago '04        #38
skeoripper 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$283 | Props total: 8 8
 TIP2009 said:
some people don't understand why other people buy cheap sh*t...like me for one..fu*k the price, I buy good sh*t, I don't give a fu*k if a phone is 900, and I have my receipt that shows I paid 896$ for my iphone 4 32 gb, a warranty and a charger..why? b/c I fu*king can afford that sh*t in my sleep, I wasn't upgrade ready, and iphones are better than any piece of sh*t verizon phone or even verizon iphone...I understand some people like kettle one or absolute...I don't even drink grey goose really, too cheap...if that gives you any insight...

some people are born with class, most aren't...

this is why
1they voted for obama
2 hated bush
3 don't like apple, (mainly b/c apple products aren't cheap)
4 don't buy att, b/c it costs actual money
5 don't get jobs, get that government money to get dey weaves and phones and rims, no jobs....

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #39
gregnice631 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,390 | Props total: 3186 3186
hoping sprint gets that htc titan.
 6 years ago '04        #40
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,330 | Props total: 2734 2734
Nexus Prime.was bout to get gs2 but prime is about to get announced. I won't go without super amoled screen, and feel that Samsung hardware are hard to match in the android world but I hate Samsung updating process. So nexus prime is a no brainer with Google is in charge with the software and I still get Samsung great hardware
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy