Fox Threatens End of 'Simpsons' if Voice Actors Don't Accept 45% Pay Cut

most viewed right now
 75
Pusha T tweets about “duppy freestyle”
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 64
Image(s) inside Drake Spoke Way Too Soon
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 57
 NBA Lebron James just TORE HIS ACL and then RECOVERED in a few minutes :mjwtf:
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 46
NBA Did LeBron just have 46-11-9(-3)? :mjwtf:
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10-04-2011, 06:43 PM         #41
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was saying to someone the other day how sad it was that the Simpsons have fallen and stooped to Family Guy's level with their humor and constant scene changing joke referencing that Family Guy started. It's like they were losing viewers and were forced to copy to try and draw in more viewers again. It's sad because the old Simpsons was on a higher level (more subtle humor, theme driven, morals etc.) than Family Guy which is pure ADHD comedy for an ADHD generation (which I am apart of but I don't have ADHD like most of my peers, I have patience and discipline which shocks older people expecting me to be like my peers.) I'm not gonna lie, I was a fan of Family Guy in high school (2000-2004) it was fresh, i got the references, it played to my sense of humor when I was young and dumb, some of my best friends from high school were the only other people to actually watch and get the show then it got canceled and I thought it was a crime. All of a sudden it got picked back up and took over the entire channel and it's turned into a monster spawning off 2 other shows. South Park then exposed it's lack of writing and how Family Guy is one long stand up routine set around a family for McFarlane to make his jokes. And it's dead on. The jokes don't hit as hard anymore, it's the same routine over and over again. Which, if it had bigger themes and meaning behind the episodes it wouldn't matter but that's exact what Family Guy lacks. I will say some episodes they at least attempt at themes but it's sophomoric as fu*k.

Simpsons will always be > Family Guy

But the new Simpsons is Larry Holmes flabby and sick trying to keep up with the new guy by going the same angle and it's painfully obvious.

Anyone used to watch Home Movies? that's another unheralded gem.
 7 years ago '06        #42
marcusaka50 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$31,129 | Props total: 11360 11360
simpson aint sh*t no more compared to family guy.

fox can go on without simpsons.
 7 years ago '08        #43
V.R. Nabor 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,681 | Props total: 4398 4398
if the rating of the show has dropped then they need to take a pay cut. them fools make a grip a episode anyhow
 7 years ago '11        #44
RileyEsco 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,817 | Props total: 22658 22658
 Got Cheeve? said:
I was saying to someone the other day how sad it was that the Simpsons have fallen and stooped to Family Guy's level with their humor and constant scene changing joke referencing that Family Guy started. It's like they were losing viewers and were forced to copy to try and draw in more viewers again. It's sad because the old Simpsons was on a higher level (more subtle humor, theme driven, morals etc.) than Family Guy which is pure ADHD comedy for an ADHD generation (which I am apart of but I don't have ADHD like most of my peers, I have patience and discipline which shocks older people expecting me to be like my peers.) I'm not gonna lie, I was a fan of Family Guy in high school (2000-2004) it was fresh, i got the references, it played to my sense of humor when I was young and dumb, some of my best friends from high school were the only other people to actually watch and get the show then it got canceled and I thought it was a crime. All of a sudden it got picked back up and took over the entire channel and it's turned into a monster spawning off 2 other shows. South Park then exposed it's lack of writing and how Family Guy is one long stand up routine set around a family for McFarlane to make his jokes. And it's dead on. The jokes don't hit as hard anymore, it's the same routine over and over again. Which, if it had bigger themes and meaning behind the episodes it wouldn't matter but that's exact what Family Guy lacks. I will say some episodes they at least attempt at themes but it's sophomoric as fu*k.

Simpsons will always be > Family Guy

But the new Simpsons is Larry Holmes flabby and sick trying to keep up with the new guy by going the same angle and it's painfully obvious.

Anyone used to watch Home Movies? that's another unheralded gem.



IMO

I rank em.



Early Simpsons>Family guy before cancellation>>>>>>>>Current Family Guy>Current Simpsons.


Home Movies was the sh*t as well.
 7 years ago '07        #45
Bullseye 60 heat pts60
space
avatar space
space
$9,099 | Props total: 2108 2108
How much do they get anyway?
 7 years ago '06        #46
RAZAH CUTS 6070 heat pts6070
space
avatar space
space
$55,982 | Props total: 24579 24579
 HarbingerOfSwag said:
n*ggas still check for the Simpsons?
word.... stopped watchin that sh*t years ago...years.
 7 years ago '04        #47
dre03 
space
avatar space
space
$10,468 | Props total: 3223 3223
 Rhyme n Tekniq said:
Dont you just love complacency?

He's using 9 to 5 logic for show-biz
What else are they going to get jobs doing??? Its not like they are actors they are voice actors... How many cartoon shows are going to pay them anywhere near 8 million dollars to do another show???

The 4 million Fox is proposing is the most they will get from any other place... There aint no huge demand for new cartoon shows...
 7 years ago '08        #48
V.R. Nabor 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,681 | Props total: 4398 4398
 Bullseye said:
How much do they get anyway?
around 400,000 a episode
 10-04-2011, 07:17 PM         #49
rd Meth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
first then nfl then the nba now the simpsons
 10-04-2011, 07:18 PM         #50
bxrulez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lostkauze said:
is david stern running fox too?

 7 years ago '10        #51
VeX 
space
avatar space
space
$3,723 | Props total: 47 47
 Got Cheeve? said:
I was saying to someone the other day how sad it was that the Simpsons have fallen and stooped to Family Guy's level with their humor and constant scene changing joke referencing that Family Guy started. It's like they were losing viewers and were forced to copy to try and draw in more viewers again. It's sad because the old Simpsons was on a higher level (more subtle humor, theme driven, morals etc.) than Family Guy which is pure ADHD comedy for an ADHD generation (which I am apart of but I don't have ADHD like most of my peers, I have patience and discipline which shocks older people expecting me to be like my peers.) I'm not gonna lie, I was a fan of Family Guy in high school (2000-2004) it was fresh, i got the references, it played to my sense of humor when I was young and dumb, some of my best friends from high school were the only other people to actually watch and get the show then it got canceled and I thought it was a crime. All of a sudden it got picked back up and took over the entire channel and it's turned into a monster spawning off 2 other shows. South Park then exposed it's lack of writing and how Family Guy is one long stand up routine set around a family for McFarlane to make his jokes. And it's dead on. The jokes don't hit as hard anymore, it's the same routine over and over again. Which, if it had bigger themes and meaning behind the episodes it wouldn't matter but that's exact what Family Guy lacks. I will say some episodes they at least attempt at themes but it's sophomoric as fu*k.

Simpsons will always be > Family Guy

But the new Simpsons is Larry Holmes flabby and sick trying to keep up with the new guy by going the same angle and it's painfully obvious.

Anyone used to watch Home Movies? that's another unheralded gem.
been saying this sh*t.. it's cringeworthy when they try some family guy sh*t
 7 years ago '06        #52
kobe24mvp07 
space
avatar space
space
$997 | Props total: 3 3
I still watch the simpsons dvr them and watch them when theirs nothing good on t.v. like friday and saturday. This week the simpsons>family guy.
 7 years ago '04        #53
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,039 | Props total: 4696 4696
 marcusaka50 said:
simpson aint sh*t no more compared to family guy.

fox can go on without simpsons.

After 22 seasons ratings are expected to slip which they have i mean how many different story lines can you have and FYI they have done episodes where they have grown up . But this is just negotating in the press 101 but it might be time to say goodbye .
 7 years ago '07        #54
Jayceon 498 heat pts498
space
avatar space
space
$27,836 | Props total: 1332 1332
I'm with the guy who said low ratings = less pay. If the show isn't making the cash it use to via advertising then idk what hank azaria and co are thinking.
 7 years ago '07        #55
Deniro732 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$14,348 | Props total: 3270 3270
 V.R. Nabor said:
around 400,000 a episode
god damn it's crazy how much the highest paid voice actors and actors make per episode..so unnecessary, but oh well
 7 years ago '06        #56
marcusaka50 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$31,129 | Props total: 11360 11360
 Fameus said:
After 22 seasons ratings are expected to slip which they have i mean how many different story lines can you have and FYI they have done episodes where they have grown up . But this is just negotating in the press 101 but it might be time to say goodbye .
simpsons will always be the goat over family guy but like you said 22 seasons is long as fu*k for a sitcom.

sh*t just gets redundant.

family guy has falling off too but they have a new generation of fans that probably prefer 2005-present than 2000-2002 seasons.
 7 years ago '04        #57
lilsnatch770|M 102 heat pts102
space
avatar space
space
$32,090 | Props total: 2261 2261
They need to end Family Guy & The Cleveland Show and give that money to the Simpsons.....
 7 years ago '08        #58
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$7,431 | Props total: 430 430
Soooooooooo, basically you would say ok to a damn near 50% pay cut just because "its still in the millions" and the show is worth damn near a billion dollars?

 7 years ago '04        #59
DJ Maximum|M 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$44,362 | Props total: 15109 15109
wtf why accept a paycut to continue?

simpsons is fox bread and butter they dumb as fu*k
 10-04-2011, 08:40 PM         #60
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dre03 said:
What else are they going to get jobs doing??? Its not like they are actors they are voice actors... How many cartoon shows are going to pay them anywhere near 8 million dollars to do another show???

The 4 million Fox is proposing is the most they will get from any other place... There aint no huge demand for new cartoon shows...
well youre right but im sure someone out there would gladly pay them more than what they would have after a whopping 45 % paycut

i mean to just stay with the people that shafted you like that still isn't gonna work out in their favor. What might possibly happen as a result of them accepting the pay cut is that some time afterwards FOX, knowing that they'll take crumbs to keep their jobs, will exploit that and propose another pay decrease until they just throw there hands up and split anyways. Things like this happen all the time in the private sector and people leave the company for lesser cuts.

I dont see anything wrong with what you said, I just think that the voice actors should weigh their options and flex those negotiation muscles. you're talking bout a staple in American culture much less Fox news history and im pretty sure that they're not seriously considering axe-ing the show as opposed to the more desirable option to just hire new actors for less. smells like a shake down on the cast behalf to me


Last edited by Rhyme n Tekniq; 10-04-2011 at 08:44 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 19
I will marry this woman for real.
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
FAMILY GUY Ă— "Peter Becomes A Millennial"
36 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 11
Jay Z Sued For Misusing RocNation Logo He Does Not Own
14 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Ignorance is bliss to foolish hoodrats
184 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside May 24 - Millennials born in 1980s may never recover from the Great Re..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside She Paints ...
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside This guy slaps your girls ass... wyd
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy