Sprint gets the iPhone 5 first, others get the 4S?

most viewed right now
 Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
96 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
7985 pageviews
62 comments

Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
Sprint gets the iPhone 5 first, others get the 4S?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

iPhone 5 -- Sprint scores exclusive thanks to $20 billion deal with Apple?
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Sprint has entered into an agreement with Apple to purchase over $20 billion worth of iPhones over the next four years — that’s around 30 million iPhones. It’s said that Sprint won’t even break even on the transaction until 2014, which is surely a huge risk on Sprint’s part, but why? I have been going back and forth for weeks with one of my incredibly solid industry contacts on a piece of information that I couldn’t really process at first — information that is so unbelievable, even from a source this solid, that I couldn’t report it. With this new WSJ report on an Apple/Sprint deal, however, it doesn’t look so crazy. Hit the break for more.

I have been told that Sprint will be getting the iPhone 5 — yes the real iPhone 5, not the iPhone 4S — as an exclusive. And it will be a 4G WiMAX device. AT&T and Verizon would launch the iPhone 4S and get the iPhone 5 some time in the first quarter of next year as an LTE device. Globally, the iPhone 5 might be available as a 4G HSPA+ device.

In this scenario, the iPhone 4S Apple will introduce tomorrow will feature the following:

A low voltage Apple A5 CPU (it won’t be the same as the iPad 2 chip, clock for clock).
Updated front and back camera sensors. FaceTime HD in the front, 8-megapixel 1080p HD video recording in the back.
Multiband 3G Qualcomm chipset — North American & International GSM/UMTS/HSPA bands for AT&T and Global carriers, North American CDMA & International GSM/UMTS/HSPA bands for Verizon and Sprint.
NFC support.
Metal or “premium” plastic on the back case.

And here is what my source said about the iPhone 5 that will launch as a Sprint exclusive:

Faster CPU.
Larger 4-inch screen, similar to LG’s NOVA display but with a higher resolution.
1GB of RAM.
Slightly larger design overall, but thinner and with a larger battery.
32GB of storage.
iPhone 5 exclusive software and APIs (Assistant).
Dedicated a.ssistant button, possibly integrated with the new home button, “think gestures or a two-stage button like a camera shutter key).
This thread is different from the other thread...other spread specifies the $20 bil investment, but didn't discuss the fact that Sprint may be the ONLY people getting the iPhone 5 next week...

Sounds a little weird...if that's the case, why would anyone on AT&T or Verizon buy the 4S if they're gonna get the 5 in a few months?

But if those specs are true, image

Last edited by Rockobox; 10-03-2011 at 04:57 PM..

62 comments for "Sprint gets the iPhone 5 first, others get the 4S?"

6 years ago '04        #2
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Just read this. It kinda makes sense, but doesn't at the same time. Why even put out a 4s then? Sprint won if this is true, but it's going to take at least two years to break even. Customers may lose in the long run and if it's still gonna drop in less than six months on Verizon or AT&T why would anyone go to Sprint as opposed to waiting? Unlimited data? Sprint's about to be Apple's bi*ch. Talk about making a deal with the devil.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 10-03-2011 at 05:00 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #3
ShankD 
space
space
$798 | Props total: 3 3
 I AM LEGEND said:
if it's still gonna drop in less than six months on Verizon or AT&T why would anyone go to Sprint as opposed to waiting?

[pic - click to view]

Die hard apple fans don't wait lol. These are the people that sell Xboxes to get an iPhone. There's no way Sprint will make an epic come-up on this if it's true, but they will make SOME noise.
 6 years ago '06        #4
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1085 1085
those specs tho :wow:
 6 years ago '04        #5
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,737 | Props total: 6439 6439
 6 years ago '04        #6
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
if this is true my n*gga is go be on suicide watch when they announce it tomorrow lol, all good with me long as sprint is getting the Nexus prime this year!
 6 years ago '06        #7
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 ShankD said:

[pic - click to view]

Die hard apple fans don't wait lol. These are the people that sell Xboxes to get an iPhone. There's no way Sprint will make an epic come-up on this if it's true, but they will make SOME noise.
Because that phone with Sprints plan = subscribers. 6 months off the market will have most people switching to get it.
 6 years ago '06        #8
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,529 | Props total: 949 949

[pic - click to view]

we'll see what att says
 6 years ago '07        #9
KING*TITO 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 332 332
So, when is Sprint gunna have the Iphone 5 for sale is the real question now..
 6 years ago '10        #10
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,414 | Props total: 6247 6247
just in time for a n*ggas upgrade all other carriers be mad
 6 years ago '05        #11
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 1240 1240
Sprint is gonna get so many new activations. People who have the 4 aren't eligible for an upgrade so they are gonna jump ship
 10-03-2011, 10:17 PM         #12
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I believe this..sprint sucks d!ck, people will buy it and hate it..I use to jump cell carriers spending over a grand a year on phones and cancelling...didn't give a single sh*t til I quit my job and lost the benefit of them paying for everything...now I stick to att b/c it's the best, verizon has already been proven to provoke cancer cells by their 3g sensors being turned up (this is how they get better 3g coverage with less towers than att)...

I wouldn't tote that you have sprint..it blows d!ck and is in talks of being bought by a mexican, carlos slim who r*pes his customers...
 6 years ago '06        #13
bobdigi 
space
space
space
$849 | Props total: 14 14
 dahabi said:
Sprint is gonna get so many new activations. People who have the 4 aren't eligible for an upgrade so they are gonna jump ship
I have a 4 and I'm eligible. I get yearly upgrades on my Family Plan account (main line only, which is mine).
 6 years ago '11        #14
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 TIP2009 said:
I believe this..sprint sucks d!ck, people will buy it and hate it..I use to jump cell carriers spending over a grand a year on phones and cancelling...didn't give a single sh*t til I quit my job and lost the benefit of them paying for everything...now I stick to att b/c it's the best, verizon has already been proven to provoke cancer cells by their 3g sensors being turned up (this is how they get better 3g coverage with less towers than att)...

I wouldn't tote that you have sprint..it blows d!ck and is in talks of being bought by a mexican, carlos slim who r*pes his customers...
unless you live in the boonies, Sprint's service is fine. only problem is the 3G speeds, but, once again, unless you live in the boonies you probably have 4G, which more than makes up for that.

anyways, this would've been huge if I didn't find out about windows phone 7 this year...now I'm probably just going to switch to AT&T since they seem to be the only people who are pushing that OS...or whoever drops the dopest Nokia WP7 phone
 6 years ago '06        #15
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,629 | Props total: 602 602
Ok I got one. iPhone sposed to be great. Makes balls go boom.
 6 years ago '09        #16
stxbreed 
space
space
$2,433 | Props total: 214 214
hmmm, lets see what it dew
 6 years ago '04        #17
chirpflare 173 heat pts173
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 37 37
desperate attempt by sprint to gain marketshare... too bad nobody gonna jump over
 6 years ago '10        #18
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
not gonna happen
 6 years ago '04        #19
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,401 | Props total: 3905 3905
I don't want sprint wtf if this is true
 6 years ago '07        #20
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
85 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
20 hours ago