Sprint gets the iPhone 5 first, others get the 4S?

most viewed right now
Pusha Takes DIRECT SHOT AT Wheelchair Jimmy DRAKE "It was Never Written Like Q..
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Thot ends up $10,000 in debt thirst trapping for the 'gram.
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
RIP Pusha T just ended his own career tonight by taking a shot at Drake
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Police release video of Milwaukee Buck Sterling Brown Arrest
98 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
8136 pageviews
62 comments

Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
Sprint gets the iPhone 5 first, others get the 4S?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

iPhone 5 -- Sprint scores exclusive thanks to $20 billion deal with Apple?
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Sprint has entered into an agreement with Apple to purchase over $20 billion worth of iPhones over the next four years — that’s around 30 million iPhones. It’s said that Sprint won’t even break even on the transaction until 2014, which is surely a huge risk on Sprint’s part, but why? I have been going back and forth for weeks with one of my incredibly solid industry contacts on a piece of information that I couldn’t really process at first — information that is so unbelievable, even from a source this solid, that I couldn’t report it. With this new WSJ report on an Apple/Sprint deal, however, it doesn’t look so crazy. Hit the break for more.

I have been told that Sprint will be getting the iPhone 5 — yes the real iPhone 5, not the iPhone 4S — as an exclusive. And it will be a 4G WiMAX device. AT&T and Verizon would launch the iPhone 4S and get the iPhone 5 some time in the first quarter of next year as an LTE device. Globally, the iPhone 5 might be available as a 4G HSPA+ device.

In this scenario, the iPhone 4S Apple will introduce tomorrow will feature the following:

A low voltage Apple A5 CPU (it won’t be the same as the iPad 2 chip, clock for clock).
Updated front and back camera sensors. FaceTime HD in the front, 8-megapixel 1080p HD video recording in the back.
Multiband 3G Qualcomm chipset — North American & International GSM/UMTS/HSPA bands for AT&T and Global carriers, North American CDMA & International GSM/UMTS/HSPA bands for Verizon and Sprint.
NFC support.
Metal or “premium” plastic on the back case.

And here is what my source said about the iPhone 5 that will launch as a Sprint exclusive:

Faster CPU.
Larger 4-inch screen, similar to LG’s NOVA display but with a higher resolution.
1GB of RAM.
Slightly larger design overall, but thinner and with a larger battery.
32GB of storage.
iPhone 5 exclusive software and APIs (Assistant).
Dedicated a.ssistant button, possibly integrated with the new home button, “think gestures or a two-stage button like a camera shutter key).
This thread is different from the other thread...other spread specifies the $20 bil investment, but didn't discuss the fact that Sprint may be the ONLY people getting the iPhone 5 next week...

Sounds a little weird...if that's the case, why would anyone on AT&T or Verizon buy the 4S if they're gonna get the 5 in a few months?

But if those specs are true, :omfg:

Last edited by Rockobox; 10-03-2011 at 03:57 PM..

62 comments for "Sprint gets the iPhone 5 first, others get the 4S?"

7 years ago '04        #2
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,673 | Props total: 1134 1134
Just read this. It kinda makes sense, but doesn't at the same time. Why even put out a 4s then? Sprint won if this is true, but it's going to take at least two years to break even. Customers may lose in the long run and if it's still gonna drop in less than six months on Verizon or AT&T why would anyone go to Sprint as opposed to waiting? Unlimited data? Sprint's about to be Apple's bi*ch. Talk about making a deal with the devil.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 10-03-2011 at 04:00 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #3
ShankD 
space
space
$798 | Props total: 3 3
 I AM LEGEND said:
if it's still gonna drop in less than six months on Verizon or AT&T why would anyone go to Sprint as opposed to waiting?

[pic - click to view]

Die hard apple fans don't wait lol. These are the people that sell Xboxes to get an iPhone. There's no way Sprint will make an epic come-up on this if it's true, but they will make SOME noise.
 7 years ago '06        #4
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,542 | Props total: 1490 1490
those specs tho :wow:
 7 years ago '04        #5
dj X 34 heat pts34
space
space
$18,988 | Props total: 7269 7269
 7 years ago '04        #6
Ra-da-god 29 heat pts29
space
space
$12,263 | Props total: 2308 2308
if this is true my n*gga is go be on suicide watch when they announce it tomorrow lol, all good with me long as sprint is getting the Nexus prime this year!
 7 years ago '06        #7
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1205 1205
 ShankD said:

[pic - click to view]

Die hard apple fans don't wait lol. These are the people that sell Xboxes to get an iPhone. There's no way Sprint will make an epic come-up on this if it's true, but they will make SOME noise.
Because that phone with Sprints plan = subscribers. 6 months off the market will have most people switching to get it.
 7 years ago '06        #8
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,780 | Props total: 1147 1147

[pic - click to view]

we'll see what att says
 7 years ago '07        #9
KING*TITO 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,119 | Props total: 388 388
So, when is Sprint gunna have the Iphone 5 for sale is the real question now..
 7 years ago '10        #10
Trill Livin 69 heat pts69
space
space
$14,780 | Props total: 7992 7992
just in time for a n*ggas upgrade all other carriers be mad
 7 years ago '05        #11
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,859 | Props total: 1385 1385
Sprint is gonna get so many new activations. People who have the 4 aren't eligible for an upgrade so they are gonna jump ship
 10-03-2011, 09:17 PM         #12
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I believe this..sprint sucks d!ck, people will buy it and hate it..I use to jump cell carriers spending over a grand a year on phones and cancelling...didn't give a single sh*t til I quit my job and lost the benefit of them paying for everything...now I stick to att b/c it's the best, verizon has already been proven to provoke cancer cells by their 3g sensors being turned up (this is how they get better 3g coverage with less towers than att)...

I wouldn't tote that you have sprint..it blows d!ck and is in talks of being bought by a mexican, carlos slim who r*pes his customers...
 7 years ago '06        #13
bobdigi 
space
space
space
$849 | Props total: 16 16
 dahabi said:
Sprint is gonna get so many new activations. People who have the 4 aren't eligible for an upgrade so they are gonna jump ship
I have a 4 and I'm eligible. I get yearly upgrades on my Family Plan account (main line only, which is mine).
 7 years ago '11        #14
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,111 | Props total: 2872 2872
 TIP2009 said:
I believe this..sprint sucks d!ck, people will buy it and hate it..I use to jump cell carriers spending over a grand a year on phones and cancelling...didn't give a single sh*t til I quit my job and lost the benefit of them paying for everything...now I stick to att b/c it's the best, verizon has already been proven to provoke cancer cells by their 3g sensors being turned up (this is how they get better 3g coverage with less towers than att)...

I wouldn't tote that you have sprint..it blows d!ck and is in talks of being bought by a mexican, carlos slim who r*pes his customers...
unless you live in the boonies, Sprint's service is fine. only problem is the 3G speeds, but, once again, unless you live in the boonies you probably have 4G, which more than makes up for that.

anyways, this would've been huge if I didn't find out about windows phone 7 this year...now I'm probably just going to switch to AT&T since they seem to be the only people who are pushing that OS...or whoever drops the dopest Nokia WP7 phone
 7 years ago '06        #15
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,751 | Props total: 829 829
Ok I got one. iPhone sposed to be great. Makes balls go boom.
 7 years ago '09        #16
stxbreed 
space
space
$2,440 | Props total: 224 224
hmmm, lets see what it dew
 7 years ago '04        #17
chirpflare 175 heat pts175
space
space
$4,030 | Props total: 108 108
desperate attempt by sprint to gain marketshare... too bad nobody gonna jump over
 7 years ago '10        #18
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 15 15
not gonna happen
 7 years ago '04        #19
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$15,028 | Props total: 5724 5724
I don't want sprint wtf if this is true
 7 years ago '07        #20
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2744 2744
[email changed - confirm acct by email]

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
77 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Graphics are Blurring the Lines, ya ready for this?.
35 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Earned Her Stripes...
13 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Rockstar game's troubles summed up perfectly
83 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Twitch streamer FouseyTUBE plays Fortnite for 19 hours and gets 0 wins
17 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Donald Glover Backs Lando's Sexuality: 'How Can You Not Be Pansexual in Space?'
129 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sony CEO: “The PlayStation 4 Is Entering The Final Phase Of Its Life C..
145 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy