The NBA players at labor meetings :smh: (pics)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #161
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,955 | Props total: 708 708
They wear fu*king shorts and jerseys on the job... Why should they ever have to dress any different?

They shoulda all showed up in workout clothes, fu*k a suit...
 6 years ago '04        #162
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,955 | Props total: 708 708
 slimdogg3325 said:
obviously suits arent necessary at these meetings. do u really think seeing baron davis in a suit would hurry this issue along? at all? u ppl r sickening
 6 years ago '08        #163
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,286 | Props total: 13663 13663
melo da flyest n*gga there
 6 years ago '08        #164
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
ur fu*king stupid dawg

have u ever played varsity high school basketball or football?

well if you have, you would know that you HAVE to wear formal clothes before each game played at night, if you show up in your uniform, you don't play

and you don't even get paid for that, these are PROFESSIONAL basketball players
what's the point though?

most of yall defending this can't even come up with a good rationale. only a bunch of "that's just the way it is" sh*t. or implying that yalls clothes will make you any less incompetent
 6 years ago '06        #165
Qbert 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,635 | Props total: 2540 2540
 Dee Grande said:
what's the point though?

most of yall defending this can't even come up with a good rationale. only a bunch of "that's just the way it is" sh*t. or implying that yalls clothes will make you any less incompetent
When did Ben Wallace get arrested, and for what?
 6 years ago '06        #166
Qbert 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,635 | Props total: 2540 2540
Just finished googling it.
 6 years ago '08        #167
space
space
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
the rationale is simple.

if you had a meeting tomorrow with a bunch of successful business men, and if the meeting went well, you're going to have a job with a high paying salary, and if the meeting doesn't go well, your a.ss is going to be broke

what are you going to wear to that meeting?
that's not a rationale. that's you repackaging your own complexes into a rhetorical question. you've still yet to answer the question of why a particular style of clothing is of any value to the parties involved. is it because you think it makes you look smarter, or more capable? because it doesn't, if your skills can't back it up.

i'd imagine most successful businessmen care more about your ideas than how you're dressed. it's usually some average wannabe, who goes around poking their chest out over their cute little "power tie" that their mom bought em. personally, i've worn all types of clothing to meetings over the years and it doesn't seem to matter much, unless they explicitly want u to dress a certain way. i remember one time in particular, i wore a suit and got laughed at
 6 years ago '08        #168
space
space
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
okay so you're asking why it matters. i'll tell you why.

what do people do every single second of every single day? they judge other people and form opinions about them

do you think anybody can form a bad opinion of you because you wore a suit?

do you think anybody can form a bad opinion of you because you wore casual clothes?

the guy in casual clothes could be 100x smarter than the guy in the suit. but the guy in the suit gets a head start

it's about being smart, and learning how to manipulate people to get what u want. not being hardheaded and doing things your way just cause that's how it makes sense to you

so basically, your rationale is that you're a d!ckrider?
 6 years ago '10        #169
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
$427 | Props total: 121 121
 SeaJaiye said:
i'm the slave but you blindly follow the standards that old white people set start questioning sh*t n*gga
Ok I stopped reading after the 4-5th page of this.....

At my job I have to wear a shirt and Tie to work every day (plus the occasional suit). So at my JOB that's required of me. The CEO of the company I work for is white so in a sense your right. If I walked in my job wearing a white T then I wouldn't have a job....it's that simple. But at the same time I LIKE wearing suits. I LIKE the business professional look (which goes hand in hand in my profession). So if I'm wearing a suit to work, I'm not doing that just because it's required. I'm doing it because I actually like the suit look and I like to look better than my superiors even though they make more money than I do (but that's a whole different story :dancingcool:).

Once you achieve the ownership status (or CEO, President or whatever) and you are your OWN boss then yes, you can wear whatever you want because YOUR the boss. The NBA players may make Millions of dollars but they don't own sh*t. The PLAYERS (key word is PLAYERS) obey the OWNERS because they play FOR a team that THEY don't OWN. They may have power in terms of marketing and stuff because of their name, but at the end of the day, they don't make the rules. The dress code rule is a perfect example of this. So in other words unless if they are apart of the players union staff (i.e. Derick Fisher) they have no power (and even then the players union and the owners need to come to an AGREEMENT to make a deal). The players can only voice their opinion on the matter toward the owners and hope they will listen and CONSIDER what they have too say. With that said....

Here's the million dollar question(s)
If you were one of the owners (or David Stern) and a PLAYER wearing nothing but a chain and a White-T was voicing his opinion during a Billion$$$ business meeting (which would ultimately determine if you have a job for the coming year) , would you listen to him or take him seriously??? The answer is no.....

Why would you wear a White-T (yes I'm picking on Shannon) to a BUSINESS meeting that is the up-most importance to your profession (PLAYING basketball)? With the way negotiations are going your voice is dim (at best) already. Why screw up the only thing you have going for you (your voice) buy looking like a fool during a very important meeting? That's the point....

It has nothing to do with "white people" and what black people wore back in the day. The point is how serious are you? How serious do you want your job? How serious do you want to play basketball in the US? How serious do you want to hear the fans screaming your name during home games? Believe it or not your appearance means something. Especially during these situations and from the looks of some of the players, they don't look to serious in trying to get the league back together.....I'm just sayin...

On a side note I think the sneaker-suit combo looks fu*king stupid. Clown sh*t. If I had a son and he was wearing that sh*t I would smack him with the sneaker before returning it to the store. Lebron could have at lease put on sneakers that matched....but that's just my opinon .
 6 years ago '10        #170
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
Sorry I went in a bit on this ^^^^ lmao
 6 years ago '07        #171
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
Russell Simmons never wore a suit and tie in his life.

/close thread
 6 years ago '08        #172
space
space
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
i thought i was pretty clear in my point. if you wanna debate like a 12 year old, i'm done.

i agree with you that clothes don't mean sh*t, and it's your ideas that matter

but it comes down to being smart

are you going to be hardheaded and stick with your own ways

or are you going to do something that you KNOW might help you, and you KNOW can't hurt you
if that's what it is, then that's what it is

i understand your reasoning. i just think it's funny that this whole discussion popped off because people were defending themselves against a dude who basically called them followers. but in reality, that's exactly what they are.

personally, i don't have anything against suits nor casual clothing. i rock both. it's just funny seeing people act like suits have magical powers, when the core issue is that they're actually just attempting to kiss the a.sses of people they consider to be more powerful than them. if those aforementioned "old white men" suddenly told society to wear scuba suits, most people in this thread would probably be breaking their necks to get some scuba gear so they can be "clean and professional"
 6 years ago '10        #173
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Cambury said:

/close thread

Russell Simmons is the president of Def Jam and owner of Phat Farm.....
Key words......"President" "owner".....

again......the PLAYERS don't own sh*t because they are just PLAYERS.

The thread is still open......
 6 years ago '08        #174
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,286 | Props total: 13663 13663
I cant believe yall making such a big deal outta this
 6 years ago '07        #175
fivetreyfour 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 893 893
 Cambury said:

/close thread

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #176
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 SeaJaiye said:
who decides what's "proper"? old white people? let them wear what they want, it matters what they SAY...............

and if you discount what they say based on what they wear, you the unprofessional one
based on what your saying here you probably dont have a job, your just an ignorant dumb fu*k

if kobe shows up in just a swim suit no shirt on to a buisness meeting its ok "cuz hes black and not following what them old white people say?"

if dwight howard strolls in with pajamas and slippers its ok?
 6 years ago '07        #177
fivetreyfour 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 893 893
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
in the 2nd half of this thread

we learn the difference between a suit and tuxedo

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #178
seadoofreak5402 
space
space
$106 | Props total: 33 33
 super vILLain said:
Ironic that you used a Jay-Z smiley...all black, t-shirt, jeans, nappy hair courtside. Suited up in the business room. There's a time and a place to present yourself professionally.
 6 years ago '11        #179
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
In this world, we are judged by appearances. So if you want to be taken seriously, you have to look like you mean business. That's why suits are called business attire. If you're going to the club trying to pull some hoes, you're going to try to look your best. You're not gonna leave the house with busted shoes, dirty clothes, and other mess like that because you're trying to impress females. You only get one chance at a first impression. Try to buck the system when you're not in a position of power is stupid. The people judging you are in a higher position than you, so you follow along until you can make your own rules. Obviously some people don't get that concept. "When in Rome, do as the Romans"
 10-01-2011, 02:08 PM         #180
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dee Grande said:
that's not a rationale. that's you repackaging your own complexes into a rhetorical question. you've still yet to answer the question of why a particular style of clothing is of any value to the parties involved. is it because you think it makes you look smarter, or more capable? because it doesn't, if your skills can't back it up.

i'd imagine most successful businessmen care more about your ideas than how you're dressed. it's usually some average wannabe, who goes around poking their chest out over their cute little "power tie" that their mom bought em. personally, i've worn all types of clothing to meetings over the years and it doesn't seem to matter much, unless they explicitly want u to dress a certain way. i remember one time in particular, i wore a suit and got laughed at
I can't fully speak for the other nicca, but I think the rationale is that you wear suits for the business meeting because your are meeting with league executives. The wearing of a suit might make them think you are more serious about the negotiation (where your million dollar salary is on the line). The suite shows you're seriousness about the situation. If you come with a suit and basketball shoes, it shows you don't GIVE A fu*k.

Jay-Z an actual business man (the players are not businessmen) wore a suit when he met with Warren Buffet instead of timbs and a hat. If you understand why he did this, you can understand why some people on here expect them to wear suits and be more serious about this situation.

You see pictures of Lebron, Wade, etc wearing full fledged suits at other events, why the not here?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The real question here though is, what statement are they sending to the League? That they are getting tired of being pions? That they would rather play overseas, etc?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy