The NBA players at labor meetings :smh: (pics)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
15 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #181
gregnice631 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,390 | Props total: 3186 3186
had to do a double take. Shannon Brown was looking like Chris Brown in that pic.
 6 years ago '08        #182
cw0974 
space
space
space
$101 | Props total: 0 0
lebron k!lled it with the suit and sneakers. what the hell went through his mind when he put that on...
 6 years ago '04        #183
BigMarlin 
space
space
$435 | Props total: 25 25
 servesurite said:
baron davis tho looking like a homeless man
He looks more like a lumberjack. LOL.
 6 years ago '04        #184
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Cambury said:
Russell Simmons never wore a suit and tie in his life.

/close thread

What makes you so sure that he never wore a suit and tie in his life? Have you been around him 24/7?
 6 years ago '04        #185
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
 ahenson said:
What does real even mean? Do all white people wear suits? Just another n*gga who thinks anything civilized is restrained for "white people".

White people got the suit attired from niccas anyways, that style came from the Moors in Europe. Any historical book will tell you mostly European styles originated with Negroes who inhabited those areas, in some cases before a "white people" appeared there.

BUT we don't live in the fu*kin' 1700s anymore, so that doesn't even matter. We're talking the culture of the modern era, where a suit is a symbol of professionalism, you adapt to the reality, not because white people do it, but because that's the order of the day when you don't own sh*t and you're an employee you fu*kin retard.
Exactly..and those people who are talking like that on here must not have jobs..
 6 years ago '04        #186
Dollaz 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 117 117
 Dee Grande said:
obviously being "clean and presentable" isn't a white thing. rather, what he wants to know is where you all are getting your concepts of what's "clean and presentable"? why can't lebron's fit be "clean and presentable"?

dude is implying that it's odd that most yall's whole concepts of what's correct always seems to revolve around whatever white people lay out for you
 Dee Grande said:
if that's what it is, then that's what it is

i understand your reasoning. i just think it's funny that this whole discussion popped off because people were defending themselves against a dude who basically called them followers. but in reality, that's exactly what they are.

personally, i don't have anything against suits nor casual clothing. i rock both. it's just funny seeing people act like suits have magical powers, when the core issue is that they're actually just attempting to kiss the a.sses of people they consider to be more powerful than them. if those aforementioned "old white men" suddenly told society to wear scuba suits, most people in this thread would probably be breaking their necks to get some scuba gear so they can be "clean and professional"

I Agree. "Clean and Presentable" is clearly based on perception. The only thing that wasn't "Clean and Presentable" to me was Baron Davis' nasty beard lol but in certain cultures his beard would be looked at as a clean and presentable style even in BUSINESS..If Lebron was a Muslim and wore Islamic attire that was presentable based on his cultures' standard, would that not be acceptable at a business meeting?

So the question is...WHO'S standards are we basing these ideas off of? Ask yourself where do you get the idea that a European/Italian suit represents a legit business man vs a person who doesn't wear one? At top business meetings all over the world you will find many business men wearing all types of attire outside of what we would consider the European standard business suit. Yes Multi-billion dollar businessmen.

In America ( at least) you have the choice to either follow the Paradigms that we've all been indoctrinated into or Create your own. If you can afford not to give 2 sh*ts about what the average minded person cares about you, more power to you. If you cant then play your position and live according to the current standard. It really doesn't matter to me, my personal opinion is wear what you feel comfortable in. in other words "Do what thou wilt"
 6 years ago '04        #187
Exs 151 heat pts151
space
space
$5,777 | Props total: 1310 1310
:iggysad:
 6 years ago '04        #188
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,232 | Props total: 541 541
Its called PROFESSIONALISM

I hope the NBA never comes back. Bunch of overpaid, whiny bi*ches
 6 years ago '04        #189
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
 The Bully said:
unless he's talking about the newest burger at mcdonald's, fatbury's opinion on anything is pretty much worthless.
Pretty much...saying that Russell Simmons never wore a suit and tie in his life, is like him saying that he never had a Big Mac in his life...
 6 years ago '04        #190
jasonrcruz 
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 1 1
I think its very clear in this thread who has a good job and who's flipping burgers.
 6 years ago '10        #191
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900

[pic - click to view]

^^^^^
sooooooooooooooo many SMILEYS

DAT a.ss SMILEY from Shannon Brown
 10-01-2011, 04:25 PM         #192
jhoods