most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #61
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 27Lives said:
No cap league would put the Knicks on top like the Yankees...

I'll go for it!
dolan will still find a way to fu*k up
 6 years ago '11        #62
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,197 | Props total: 0 0
 Dextromethorphan said:
dolan will still find a way to fu*k up

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #63
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,847 | Props total: 4832 4832
 buhdarific said:
some of you are stupid, any place you work for makes money off of you. That is what employment is about you retard. Even in a profession like the NBA, these people are employed by the team owners.

These owners take on a liability when giving out these huge a.ss contracts, if a player gets hurt mid-season they still have to payout.

Any business cannot give someone what they "make" off of them. General rule of thumb is about 2x what a employee does you should take in. This does not include your costs, arenas,sh*t like that.

Now I know yeah it is a lot when you get to the big numbers but remember this. If these owners did not finance this and grow these teams the players would not have a place to play. The players play, the owners negotiate the tv contracts, have management for the stadium, come out of pocket for top of the line training, fly these players put them up in 5 star hotels for games, sh*t like that, get your fu*king head out yo a.ss.
exactly.dudes logic is plain retarded.dudes was makin 57% of bri.thats fu*kin insane
 6 years ago '04        #64
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,086 | Props total: 4432 4432
 buhdarific said:
some of you are stupid, any place you work for makes money off of you. That is what employment is about you retard. Even in a profession like the NBA, these people are employed by the team owners.

These owners take on a liability when giving out these huge a.ss contracts, if a player gets hurt mid-season they still have to payout.

Any business cannot give someone what they "make" off of them. General rule of thumb is about 2x what a employee does you should take in. This does not include your costs, arenas,sh*t like that.

Now I know yeah it is a lot when you get to the big numbers but remember this. If these owners did not finance this and grow these teams the players would not have a place to play. The players play, the owners negotiate the tv contracts, have management for the stadium, come out of pocket for top of the line training, fly these players put them up in 5 star hotels for games, sh*t like that, get your fu*king head out yo a.ss.

what dont you get about not being able to compare regular 9-5 jobs with entertainment jobs they arent the same thing

its not the same thing

a record label shouldnt make more off music than an artist why because thats what the people pay to see

they come out of pocket for those things to make the product they sell better to put the best teams out there so they can charge more for what they are selling and make the most money for what they are selling

i think you should get your head out your a.ss and stop equating what the average person deals with at work to what entertainers have to deal with
 6 years ago '04        #65
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
exactly.dudes logic is plain retarded.dudes was makin 57% of bri.thats fu*kin insane
youre trying to compare whatever you do for a living to whatever an entertainer does unless you are a lawyer or doctor i doubt you are selling your self or your own services or what you can do to the public thats the difference
 6 years ago '04        #66
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
msg has penn station beneath an dolan is rich from cable vision so he hardly needs tha knicks.tha analogy is 1 of need vs want.owners want teams but dont need them at all.players need tha league more than vice versa

if there is no guarantee of profit then there should be no reason whatsoeva to guarantee 50 mil to 1 player
players got 57% of bri which is crazy
msg the network the building radio city music hall would be empty without performers

its simple dont give the player the contract if you cant sell the product why does the product need to be idiot proof

wade could want 100 million a year that doesnt mean you have to give him that thats what he thinks his market value is

free and open markets should dictate what they make not some artificial rule to ensure parity and cost certainty

if you cant make a profit dont sell the item its that simple sign less talented players for less money negotaite cheaper free market contracts with top stars dont limit how much another team could possibly pay them if they choose to
 10-01-2011, 12:33 PM         #67
KingoBling 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
buncha little punks whining for more mone.

i'll gladly take 60,000 a day to play a game, and have people worship me.
 6 years ago '08        #68
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,582 | Props total: 17257 17257
David Stern seems to really want this season done for
 6 years ago '10        #69
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,182 | Props total: 8290 8290
Some of you n*ggas sound like you would love being a worker In any job you do you should want to make the most money you can possibly make if you are a producer. A teacher can't say I'm worth a 100k a year because they dont generate money. Kobe and Lebron generate BREAD for the league, that EVERYONE eats off. When the Lakers come to town, revenue is going up for everybody. And it aint because of Metta World Peace.

He's saying the superstars do deserve more and he's right, a n*gga like Carlos Boozer or Joe Johnson is overpaid. Basketball players get big contracts based off of their production on the court when at the end of the day if nobody wants to come see them play what good are they worth?
 6 years ago '07        #70
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
what dont you get about not being able to compare regular 9-5 jobs with entertainment jobs they arent the same thing

its not the same thing

they come out of pocket for those things to make the product they sell better to put the best teams out there so they can charge more for what they are selling and make the most money for what they are selling

i think you should get your head out your a.ss and stop equating what the average person deals with at work to what entertainers have to deal with
u obviously hav no idea how much it cost to put a record out.it cost likely a min of 5$ per cd.puttin out albums isnt cheap,which is y labels undership albums now instead of overship.an artists pays damn near no cost in production of an expensive product

and its tha same wit tha nba.they pay no cost whatsoeva of arena,workers etc etc.all they wanna do is get paid.people who get paid tha most are those who take tha biggest risk
 6 years ago '07        #71
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,794 | Props total: 14598 14598
 buhdarific said:

All businesses would go bankrupt and fall off if they did this.
 6 years ago '07        #72
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
msg the network the building radio city music hall would be empty without performers

its simple dont give the player the contract if you cant sell the product why does the product need to be idiot proof

wade could want 100 million a year that doesnt mean you have to give him that thats what he thinks his market value is

free and open markets should dictate what they make not some artificial rule to ensure parity and cost certainty

if you cant make a profit dont sell the item its that simple sign less talented players for less money negotaite cheaper free market contracts with top stars dont limit how much another team could possibly pay them if they choose to
so by your logc i guess tha nba should hav 8 teams
 10-01-2011, 01:07 PM         #73
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i say when they get the deal done they stop doing nba tv commercial and any marketing that has to do with the NBA
 6 years ago '07        #74
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,794 | Props total: 14598 14598
 Nate187um said:
i say when they get the deal done they stop doing nba tv commercial and any marketing that has to do with the NBA
I doubt the owners would sign off on that. The NBA would fail if that happened.
 10-01-2011, 09:47 PM         #75
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dan would pay bron 75 in a fu*king hartbeat to stay

nobody can sit here and say that wouldnt be fair
 10-01-2011, 10:13 PM         #76
Kuchiki_Byakuya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
so by your logc i guess tha nba should hav 8 teams
Wouldn't be a bad thing.
 6 years ago '07        #77
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,399 | Props total: 13103 13103
 Blacknitro said:
You're wrong. Carlos and Joe Johnson are not overpaid. They got that money for a reason. It's not their fault, so don't blame them. Blame the ppl that give it to them if u wanna blame some one.

If I'm a worker I want as much as I can get. I don't give a fucc who the star on the team is. The star ain't worth sh*t by himself. Kobe and Lebron ain't sellin no tickets if they walk into the Toyota Center all alone with a sorry a.ss record.

And the Hawks would've fell off the fuccin map had they not give Joe Johnson that money so obviously he's worth it.
they r overpaid relative to other players because the max contract imposes a price ceiling that doesn't let free market principles dictate the actual value of the players. joe johnson may actually be worth 20 mil or more to the hawks, but he's not worth more than wade or lebron. however, when there's a max contract and a salary cap, they can't be paid any more than he is no matter what even though they're clearly worth much more, so relatively speaking, he would be overpaid in a sense, but not in a free market.
 6 years ago '10        #78
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,182 | Props total: 8290 8290
 Blacknitro said:
You're wrong. Carlos and Joe Johnson are not overpaid. They got that money for a reason. It's not their fault, so don't blame them. Blame the ppl that give it to them if u wanna blame some one.

If I'm a worker I want as much as I can get. I don't give a fucc who the star on the team is. The star ain't worth sh*t by himself. Kobe and Lebron ain't sellin no tickets if they walk into the Toyota Center all alone with a sorry a.ss record.

And the Hawks would've fell off the fuccin map had they not give Joe Johnson that money so obviously he's worth it.

Carlos Boozer is past overpaid, you would have to make up a new word to descirbe how over paid he is. Nobody is running to the arena to see Carlos Boozer scream every time he grabs a rebound or misses a shot.

An Joe Johnson......Joe Johnson??????? Out of all the max NBA players in the league, this is the only guy that every team besides the hawks realizes that he was given a lottery ticket for a guy that nobody even cares about outside of Atlanta.

The concept is what kind of draw is this player how much do they generate. Bron and kobe are on another level of superstardom. You can easily tell the impact of a players as far as the bottom line is concerned by looking at their endorsements. Production on the court is one thing, but being able to sell tickets and products is another.

But thats where the problem is, its not the players its the owners, you have some owners that are looking to make huge returns on owning an nba team (Sarver. Dan Gilbert, Nolan, the clippers owner) and then you have guys that are competitive and want to win (Cuban, Buss, Boston's owners, Arison) there's the real problem. I feel like if you are an owner you should be in it to win. If you cant afford to compete with the rest of the league dont buy the team.
 10-02-2011, 12:24 AM         #79
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dollaz said:
ya missing the point in BUSINESS..This aint about how much money they make compared to the average human, or whether these players are clowns or not, thats completely irrelevant to the point.

If your WORTH a certain amount of money based on the revenue you single handedly bring to the corporation you work for you should be accurately compensated by that corporation for what you bring to the table.

So to say "the make enough" or "they don't deserve what they make" makes ZERO sense when their employer is making WAY more than that & undercutting the players that are responsible for bringing in a BULK of the revenue to begin with.

Example Dr. Buss said Kobe is worth $70 mill to the Lakers yet they ONLY pay him around 35-40% of what he's actually WORTH to the organization based on how much money he generates for them..

NO educated business man would agree that these superstar players (kobe, lebron, wade, ect) are making a fair amount BASED on the income that they actually GENERATE. bottom line.
son... these niccas are EMPLOYEES. when have employees ever been paid their fair share of the value they bring in? they get paid how much they are thought to deserve, that's it. The fu*k type of world have you been living in??

an educated business man would probably agree that they should get paid less. Oh, that's right mostly all of the owners of the NBA teams are prominent business men.

Last edited by ahenson; 10-02-2011 at 12:27 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #80
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,399 | Props total: 13103 13103
 Nautilus O said:
But thats where the problem is, its not the players its the owners, you have some owners that are looking to make huge returns on owning an nba team (Sarver. Dan Gilbert, Nolan, the clippers owner) and then you have guys that are competitive and want to win (Cuban, Buss, Boston's owners, Arison) there's the real problem. I feel like if you are an owner you should be in it to win. If you cant afford to compete with the rest of the league dont buy the team.
this dan gilbert?

"To me, NBA franchises are like pieces of art. There are only 30 of them. They aren't always on the market, especially a franchise that would have been such a natural fit. … If you just looked at the Cavaliers in terms of revenues, profits and balance sheets — and you paid this amount for it — people would say 'You're insane! You're nuts.' But if you look at all the tentacles, the impact on our other venues, it makes tremendous sense. We have now opened a Cleveland office [of Quicken Loans] and that's tremendously successful. Our employees love it that we're a.ssociated with the Cavs and can come to games — that helps us attract and keep better people. There are a lot of nonprofit things that can be done with pro sports. It brings an unbelievable amount of excitement."
he's full of sh*t
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy