Wade believes he and other superstars are worth $50M+ in a league with no cap

most viewed right now
 118
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 91
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 88
Damn!! Is all I can say
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 69
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$26,137 | Props total: 4536 4536
 Superboy504 said:
they make enough....what they trippin 4?
what is enough?

ii like rohns philosophy.

"How hard should you work? Use the ant philosophy. A man says to me, "I'm making about $50,000 a year. Isn't that enough?" Now, what would be your philosophical answer to someone who says, "I'm making $50,000 a year. Isn't that enough?" He said, "My kids are doing okay, and I got my bills paid." So what would you say if a guy says, "I'm making $50,000 a year"? It's enough if it's the best you can do. We don't call "enough" an amount. We only call "enough" your best. If you're capable of making half a million dollars a year, and you make $50,000 a year, we call you a loser.

Now, it isn't the difference between $50,000 and half a million that's important. What is important is the full extent of your reach. That's what's important. The only way to feel maximum good about yourself is to extend yourself to the full capacity of your reach — your intellectual reach and your physical reach and your potentials and possibilities — to do the best you can.

What should you do? All you can. How many books should you read? As many as you can. How many skills should you learn? As many skills as you can. How many people should you touch? As many as you can. What should you engage in? As many things as you can. Why not go to the max?"
 6 years ago '07        #42
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4839 4839
 Dollaz said:


So to say "the make enough" or "they don't deserve what they make" makes ZERO sense when their employer is making WAY more than that & undercutting the players that are responsible for bringing in a BULK of the revenue to begin with.

Example Dr. Buss said Kobe is worth $70 mill to the Lakers yet they ONLY pay him around 35-40% of what he's actually WORTH to the organization based on how much money he generates for them..

NO educated business man would agree that these superstar players (kobe, lebron, wade, ect) are making a fair amount BASED on the income that they actually GENERATE. bottom line.
in what world should an employee make as much as their boss or ceo?that makes zero sense.players share only in profit and in none of tha risk of runnin a franchise.players are not partners.they are employees.

if he was only paid 40% of what he helps generate that would still put him well above tha average worker.for instance micheal bay gets 30 mil to produce a film that generates 400 mil,tha guys who spend 100 hours in an editin room to bring his vision to life make a couple thousand.thats just tha way sh*t works

u miss tha point of tha owners and most logical people.kobe may be worth 70 mil,so lets say buss gives him 70,now how is tha value of tha otha 14 guys defined?is kobe worth 70 mil in a clippers uniform playin along side steve novak instead of pau gasol?i think not
 6 years ago '04        #43
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$26,137 | Props total: 4536 4536
 r.burgundy said:
in what world should an employee make as much as their boss or ceo?that makes zero sense.players share only in profit and in none of tha risk of runnin a franchise.players are not partners.they are employees.

if he was only paid 40% of what he helps generate that would still put him well above tha average worker.for instance micheal bay gets 30 mil to produce a film that generates 400 mil,tha guys who spend 100 hours in an editin room to bring his vision to life make a couple thousand.thats just tha way sh*t works

u miss tha point of tha owners and most logical people.kobe may be worth 70 mil,so lets say buss gives him 70,now how is tha value of tha otha 14 guys defined?is kobe worth 70 mil in a clippers uniform playin along side steve novak instead of pau gasol?i think not
i could name several companies that pay employees more than the ceo. not just any employee obvious C level employees
 6 years ago '05        #44
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12572 12572
Wade thinks he would earn 50mil on an open market?

Wade needs to sit the hell down and chill out somewhere.. Soccer players who play in a more lucrative and popular sport with a wider audience don't even make 50mil on a "open market"..
 6 years ago '07        #45
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4839 4839
 2totimes said:
i could name several companies that pay employees more than the ceo. not just any employee obvious C level employees
ceo as in actual owner not ceo as in executive
and it still doesnt change tha fact players only wanna share in profit
 6 years ago '05        #46
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12572 12572
 r.burgundy said:
ceo as in actual owner not ceo as in executive
and it still doesnt change tha fact players only wanna share in profit
^Players want to keep the same payscale that they are currently on.. Owners want to LOWER what they earn to offset losses.. Not to mention the owners from major markets refuse to share t.v revenue with smaller market teams, forcing small market owners to take away from players to offset losses...

Can't blame the players for being a little upset.
 6 years ago '04        #47
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$25,086 | Props total: 4432 4432
 r.burgundy said:
in what world should an employee make as much as their boss or ceo?that makes zero sense.players share only in profit and in none of tha risk of runnin a franchise.players are not partners.they are employees.

if he was only paid 40% of what he helps generate that would still put him well above tha average worker.for instance micheal bay gets 30 mil to produce a film that generates 400 mil,tha guys who spend 100 hours in an editin room to bring his vision to life make a couple thousand.thats just tha way sh*t works

u miss tha point of tha owners and most logical people.kobe may be worth 70 mil,so lets say buss gives him 70,now how is tha value of tha otha 14 guys defined?is kobe worth 70 mil in a clippers uniform playin along side steve novak instead of pau gasol?i think not
entertainment is completely different than the average work place

the players are the product being sold and the team owners are the salesmen

without the athletes there is no league
 6 years ago '07        #48
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4839 4839
 MosDefinition said:
entertainment is completely different than the average work place

the players are the product being sold and the team owners are the salesmen

without the athletes there is no league
and without a league owners still are multi-million - billionaires while tha players would be workin bball camps

when u need somebody to cut u check,u dont get to pick how much
 6 years ago '07        #49
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4839 4839
 Hold That said:
^Players want to keep the same payscale that they are currently on.. Owners want to LOWER what they earn to offset losses.. Not to mention the owners from major markets refuse to share t.v revenue with smaller market teams, forcing small market owners to take away from players to offset losses...

Can't blame the players for being a little upset.
of course they wanna keep it lol
why should owners when they in turn would be helpin a franchise like tha clippers which historically keeps a league mininum payroll just to insure profit
players want tha same salary regardless of what goes on in their workplace and thats plain retarded
nyc just laid off 1500 school aides cause times are bad.
simple soultion for tha league is either contraction or revenue share.solution for tha players,be happy wit what u get
 6 years ago '04        #50
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$25,086 | Props total: 4432 4432
 r.burgundy said:
and without a league owners still are multi-million - billionaires while tha players would be workin bball camps

when u need somebody to cut u check,u dont get to pick how much
and without athletes and entertainers msg is an empty building in the middle of manhattan

your analogy is like saying actors should be thankful for movie studios otherwise they would be performing in highschool gyms it goes both ways

there is no guarantee of profit when you sell something likewise there is no guarantee that anyone would want to pay to see you perform

athletes deserve at least 50% of the profits when they are the sole reason for a lionshare of the profits
 6 years ago '09        #51
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,433 | Props total: 12370 12370
So now guys want salaries close to what they bring to the team? Are they high? How the fu*k do they expect a team to pay players what they bring or are worth to the team and still function. That's why guys like Wade, Lebron and dudes in that area shouldn't be there negotiating. You see Kobe isn't coming to any meetings, he knows its a business and he understands what needs to be done.

The rest of these ignorant young stars need to go educate themselves.
 6 years ago '04        #52
meechy08 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 12743 12743
i aint read the whole article but all sports teams (owners, players) are over paid I would play for wnba money its better than what I do now. n*gga how is anybody on earth worth 50 mil to play basketball
 6 years ago '07        #53
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4839 4839
 MosDefinition said:
and without athletes and entertainers msg is an empty building in the middle of manhattan

your analogy is like saying actors should be thankful for movie studios otherwise they would be performing in highschool gyms it goes both ways

there is no guarantee of profit when you sell something likewise there is no guarantee that anyone would want to pay to see you perform

athletes deserve at least 50% of the profits when they are the sole reason for a lionshare of the profits
msg has penn station beneath an dolan is rich from cable vision so he hardly needs tha knicks.tha analogy is 1 of need vs want.owners want teams but dont need them at all.players need tha league more than vice versa

if there is no guarantee of profit then there should be no reason whatsoeva to guarantee 50 mil to 1 player
players got 57% of bri which is crazy
 6 years ago '09        #54
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,433 | Props total: 12370 12370
I read an article a couple years back that MSG is one of the biggest money making buildings in the world. They make money from all walks of life not just entertainment.
 09-30-2011, 10:48 PM         #55
BoutMyPaper 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ Wade putting him and D12 in the same class as LBj & Kobe.

Lebron in his 8 years in the league has easily already grossed more then half a billie for nba/cavs


Last edited by BoutMyPaper; 09-30-2011 at 10:51 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #56
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,583 | Props total: 9 9
Wade is delussional.


You get paid to perform on the court. Since when are we factoring in how many tickets or jerseys you sale? YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. They thinking to much,,, take your check and sit the fu*k down
 6 years ago '10        #57
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I read an article a couple years back that MSG is one of the biggest money making buildings in the world. They make money from all walks of life not just entertainment.
top 3 building in the world
 6 years ago '04        #58
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Dextromethorphan said:
what baseball player makes 50 million?
Nobody.
 10-01-2011, 01:17 AM         #59
buhdarific 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some of you are stupid, any place you work for makes money off of you. That is what employment is about you retard. Even in a profession like the NBA, these people are employed by the team owners.


These owners take on a liability when giving out these huge a.ss contracts, if a player gets hurt mid-season they still have to payout.


Any business cannot give someone what they "make" off of them. General rule of thumb is about 2x what a employee does you should take in. This does not include your costs, arenas,sh*t like that.

Now I know yeah it is a lot when you get to the big numbers but remember this. If these owners did not finance this and grow these teams the players would not have a place to play. The players play, the owners negotiate the tv contracts, have management for the stadium, come out of pocket for top of the line training, fly these players put them up in 5 star hotels for games, sh*t like that, get your fu*king head out yo a.ss.
 6 years ago '11        #60
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$6,197 | Props total: 0 0
No cap league would put the Knicks on top like the Yankees...



I'll go for it!


Last edited by 27Lives; 10-01-2011 at 01:49 AM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 34
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
84 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy