Wade believes he and other superstars are worth $50M+ in a league with no cap

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
5837 pageviews
101 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Wade believes he and other superstars are worth $50M+ in a league with no cap

When several of the NBA’s biggest stars march into the most important negotiating session in the history of the sport on Friday, there promises to be twisting of truths and fuzzy math and conservative owners determined to deliver themselves a dramatic redistribution of wealth. The biggest lie will go untouched, unchallenged.

Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, Dwight Howard and Dwyane Wade are the most underpaid and undercompensated people in these labor negotiations. They make far too little, and truth be told, most of their teammates make far too much.

For everything they do to drive TV ratings and gate receipts, the global advancement and relentless news coverage, it’s a farce that the elite of the elite have to listen to so many sorry, sloppy owners tell them they deserve rollbacks on present contracts and deserve future ones to be slashed. These stars are the NBA. They’re everything.

Nowhere in sports is the superstar more vital than basketball, because the ball’s forever in the star’s hands and a singular talent has the most transformational impact. Let owners bid on the true value the elite stars bring to a franchise, to the league, and Wade was asked where he believes the bidding would rise per season?

“I’m sure it would get to $50 million,” Wade told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday afternoon.

He’s right, and there’s still a compelling case that it wouldn’t properly compensate what a Kobe Bryant, a LeBron James, even means far beyond his own team. Privately, Jerry Buss has told people that Bryant – who will make a league-high $25 million this season under his current contract terms – is worth perhaps $70 million a year to the Los Angeles Lakers.
James has been the most prodigious talent – the compelling serial character – the sport’s manufactured. This list is short, but the impact is immense. This is the largely unspoken truism of labor talks: The superstars are wildly underpaid, and the largely interchangeable rank-and-file players make far too much money.

“In terms of driving revenue, if the NBA had no cap, the compensation would be totally different,” Wade said. “Like baseball, where they have no cap, you see the players that they feel fill arenas, that people come out to see, A-Rod, those kind of guys, look at how much money they make on their deals.

“You’ve got guys – starting with Michael Jordan, Shaquille O’Neal(notes), and Kobe and LeBron – all players that individually people wanted to come to see. And wanted to just have a glimpse, just one glimpse, to be able to say that I’ve seen that person play. For what they’ve done for the game, what they’ve done for organizations, I don’t think you can really put a dollar amount on it.”

Continued:
[pic - click to view]

Salaries don't match value for NBA stars - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

[pic - click to view]

101 comments for "Wade believes he and other superstars are worth $50M+ in a league with no cap"

09-30-2011, 11:38 AM         #2
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From a Marketing standpoint i'm sure Lebron/Kobe are worth more than that...and prime shaq and obviously Jordan...But Wade and D-12? i'm having a hard time seeing that.
 6 years ago '06        #3
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
What does this guy think endorsement deals are for

Getting paid millions to say for 4 words in a camera "Get.Me.Outtahere!" while being trapped in a closet with a pastel band-aid under one eye and you're underpaid
 6 years ago '08        #4
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269 OP
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:

Getting paid millions to talk into a camera saying "Get.Me.Outtahere!" while being trapped in a closet with a pastel band-aid under one eye and you're underpaid.

the heat's money and his endorsers' money are two different things
 6 years ago '06        #5
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Dee Grande said:
the heat's money and his endorsers' money are two different things
The heat's money which he is not getting taxed for, yet he's the only one publically complaining.
 6 years ago '07        #6
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,843 | Props total: 4829 4829
i agree wit wade,but its tha arenas and joe johnsons of tha league who are tha problem.guys who arent in that tier but wanna be paid like it.and i definitely wouldnt put wade or d12 in that group.really i would say only kobe and lebron belong in there,maybe a drose or dirk
 6 years ago '08        #7
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
The heat's money which he is not getting taxed for, yet he's the only one publically complaining.
what do taxes have to do with anything? if he's worth 50 mil to the heat, then he's worth 50 mil. you can't just short-change somebody by $35 mil, then act like it's okay because he has other revenue streams, or a govt tax break. micky arison isn't paying taxes either on that extra money he's pocketing

if you don't wanna see wade getting money, then just say that . but stop with the bad justifications
 6 years ago '04        #8
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 400 400
He's right. People complain about how much these athletes make, but when you consider the amount of revenue they're responsible for they're relatively underpaid.
 6 years ago '05        #9
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4760 4760
 Trill Clinton said:
From a Marketing standpoint i'm sure Lebron/Kobe are worth more than that...and prime shaq and obviously Jordan...But Wade and D-12? i'm having a hard time seeing that.
why not Wade? he is definitely one of the 'faces' of the league...
 KSoraci7 said:

Getting paid millions to say for 4 words in a camera "Get.Me.Outtahere!" while being trapped in a closet with a pastel band-aid under one eye and you're underpaid
what t-mobile pays him has nothing to do with what he is worth to the Heat...Heat shouldn't underpay him because he has a sponsorship...
 6 years ago '08        #10
space
space
at the end of the day, it probably all balances out to the owners. the magic - for example - underpay dwight howard, yet turn around and give that extra money to hedo and gilbert arenas on bad deals.

owners wanna make sure everybody gets fu*ked this next time around though
 6 years ago '07        #11
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
Yea, they are worth that much to the team based on the fact that they are the big attractions.

But then don't complain when you make $50-70 million a year and are playing with a bunch dudes on your team from the local YMCA who are playing for minimum wage
 6 years ago '06        #12
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Dee Grande said:
what do taxes have to do with anything? if he's worth 50 mil to the heat, then he's worth 50 mil. you can't just short-change somebody by $35 mil, then act like it's okay because he has other revenue streams, or a govt tax break. micky arison isn't paying taxes either on that extra money he's pocketing

if you don't wanna see wade getting money, then just say that . but stop with the bad justifications
I don't have a problem with Wade getting money, but NBA players are the most protected and spoiled out of all pro american sports. The NBA is losing tons of money already which is why we are in a lockout and players want more money? Be real.

Wade agreed to take less money for the Heat to afford James and Bosh, it was the only way it was possible so essentially he agreed to be underpaid did he not?

Kobe will be getting paid 30million for one year...The whole system is fu*ked up, as long as there's a salary cap Wade is just wasting his time.

Funny how NFL players don't come out and complain

And honestly, why don't you guys see the real "Bigger Picture" here...The league's competitveness would go that much more to sh*t, good players would ONLY go to major major sports cities why? Because they bring in more revenue which in turn would go into their pockets in terms of "what they are really worth to the team"

Why do u think there's a cap in place.

Last edited by Soraci7; 09-30-2011 at 01:02 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #13
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
 KSoraci7 said:
with how profitable NFL teams are, can you imagine (pre-injury) Manning, Brady, etc putting a price on what they are worth to the team if they were to be paid based how much money they bring in. Shiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeettt.
 6 years ago '10        #14
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,899 | Props total: 21182 21182
 KSoraci7 said:
I don't have a problem with Wade getting money, but NBA players are the most protected and spoiled out of all pro american sports. The NBA is losing tons of money already which is why we are in a lockout and players want more money? Be real.

Wade agreed to take less money for the Heat to afford James and Bosh, it was the only way it was possible so essentially he agreed to be underpaid did he not?

Kobe will be getting paid 30million for one year...The whole system is fu*ked up, as long as there's a salary cap Wade is just wasting his time.

Horrible example.

When you get 40 mill & 50 mill guaranteed contracts I doubt you're going to complain.
 6 years ago '06        #15
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
No salary cap would be the worst thing in the world for the league. See how lopsiede the MLB has become.
 6 years ago '08        #16
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:

the CBA, NFL, voluntary paycuts, etc are all moot points. if he's worth 50 mil to the team, then nothing you brought up changes that fact. if wade signs up for a system that prevents him from collecting it, then that's on him; but that money is still rolling in for the heat.

and if the nba is losing money, it's definitely not because of the superstars. in actuality, it's not necessarily the players' fault at all, considering they get paid based on a percentage of revenue. the owners just want the players to be the ones who have to pick up the slack for the sh*tty economy and the fact that it now costs more to operate on the scale that the nba prefers. like arenas said: they want players to buy their $20 million scoreboards
 6 years ago '08        #17
clenz7621 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,415 | Props total: 31 31
clowns dont even deserve what they make now
 09-30-2011, 01:30 PM         #18
Pito305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ him being asked a question and him answering being considered "complaining"

this forum has always had stupid n*ggas who cant read.
 6 years ago '06        #19
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 KSoraci7 said:

fu*k that bandaid wearin diva

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

smh @ givin his girl herpes
 6 years ago '10        #20
Superboy504 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,919 | Props total: 147 147
they make enough....what they trippin 4?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
183 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
49 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy