Kobe Bryant reaches deal to play in Italy

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
199 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-30-2011, 05:11 PM         #41
TheMob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good move. Do it for the cash!!!! fu*k the fans.
 09-30-2011, 05:13 PM         #42
TheMob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whenever news comes in like this, there's something to it!

Kobe's going to southern Europe.

Q.E.D
 6 years ago '11        #43
kennyboy0707 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,128 | Props total: 64 64

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #44
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,916 | Props total: 10778 10778
This is the right move to put pressure on the NBA.

48 - 18 STRK: 3 w in a row WIN PCT: 72% 38 (+1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 20-14, Rank #101 | Aug 16: 163-114, Rank #57 | Aug 15: 638-305, Rank #25 | Aug 14: 350-224, Rank #32 | Aug 13: 442-331, Rank #18 | Aug 12: 1015-657, Rank #9 | Aug 11: 2019-1239, Rank #4 | Aug 10: 1992-1221, Rank #6 | Aug 09: 767-342, Rank #8 *
 6 years ago '04        #45
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,311 | Props total: 11363 11363
this is gonna make the owners pissed watch they gonna make a deal soon
 09-30-2011, 05:36 PM         #46
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sivraj said:
This is the right move to put pressure on the NBA.

6 years ago '06        #47
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
 wheezyfbaby said:
Is Manu playing on this team too?
he was offerered a contract as well.... If he decides to play anywhere, it will be here.... should be soon that we find out... last article I read said he would make a decision by the end of the month... kobe/manu teaming up would be interesting...
 6 years ago '05        #48
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,495 | Props total: 1357 1357
he probably just wants to play before his body gives out on him or he's too old
can't sit around for the NBA to make it's decisions
 09-30-2011, 06:21 PM         #49
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Superboy504 said:
its hard to stop makin money when you been makin so much.... i would go play elsewhere too until this thing blows over....
Yo, who that bi*ch in your avy n*gga?

6 years ago '04        #50
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
owners better get there sh*t together...
 6 years ago '04        #51
iketaurus 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$455 | Props total: 0 0
 DCballer40 said:
Rest for what? This is a paid vacation for him and his family. He's playing in 10 games for $3 million. Those 10 games will be his training camp/pre-season run before the lockout ends and comes in ready. Guys talking about rest up...he's been resting for the past 2-3 months. If he rests any longer them knees of his will start creaking.
Preach!
 09-30-2011, 06:57 PM         #52
Jamesflames6  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe is a older guard now. He already had a long offseason. He just cant jjump right back in reg season mode if hes chilling n boom the season is back! This way he can knock some rust off and see how his body feels. The comp aint the same over there. As long he dont have a freak accident he should be just fine. Damn most ya'll sound so scared that hes playing over there lol. Bet most of ya'll will volunteer to ice and rub him down after games to make sure hes ok for the NBA season lol. Ppl sayin the basics are overrated? Lol. So what is you got hops and speed if you dont kno how to use it in a NBA game. This aint streetball! Athleticism fades over time. Having the basics down pat keeps you in the league for years, even after you start to slow down!!!!John Stockton anyone? Was he ever fast? Wasnt he running PG for mad years. If that dosent relate I name another 4 u Laker fans.....Derek Fisher anyone? If you just want athleticism why is he still on your squad huh? Why is J Kidd still holding it down. He got mad slow, but still knows the game and how play right? Kobe was dead on saying ppl worry bout running, jumping and dunking. And Im not even a fan!
 09-30-2011, 07:08 PM         #53
redacted  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So called NBA experts said he wouldn't Play overseas. ESPN blowhards are looking mighty stupid right now.
 09-30-2011, 07:18 PM         #54
Ednyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
a verbal agreement ?
 09-30-2011, 07:19 PM         #55
Ednyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
il believe it when i see a signed contract.
 6 years ago '06        #56
Cezaroh 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,233 | Props total: 1550 1550
Whats he gonna do stay home get lazy and fat ,Dude needs to compete.
Plus getting paid millions to play over seas,
And the women....

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #57
daviddunn 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,782 | Props total: 2 2
 MPLSallstar said:
Kobe you son of a bi*ch

This n*gga is doing it for the money, he don't even want to rest, heal, and strengthen his knees. This dudes a fu*king idiot.

He's doing it to give the players leverage...wake up...

6 years ago '06        #58
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
u can get injures just as easily fu*king around in pick up games.... let alone not being in game shape when the season starts.... kobe has his own personal training team.... but non to less... some of these cats are actualy competitive and want to lock horns in some form of competitive play.... cats like kobe and manu aren't getting any younger.... kobe has strong ties to Italy as well... sure the groupies are aware though
 6 years ago '06        #59
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
hope he don't get hurt out there
 6 years ago '06        #60
kobe24mvp07 
space
space
$996 | Props total: 2 2
ROME -- The president of Virtus Bologna is optimistic Kobe Bryant will sign with the Italian club during the NBA lockout despite scheduling problems posed by other teams.

Claudio Sabatini told The a.ssociated Press on Friday that Bryant's agent, Rob Pelinka, agreed to an arrangement for 35 to 40 days worth more than $3 million -- for about 10 games.

"We're very confident the deal can be completed," Sabatini said. "We're prepared to make a big investment."

Sabatini said a Bologna-based food company is prepared to provide the cash.

Overseas Player Trackers
Which players are planning to make the move overseas? Who's suiting up for their countries? Check out our charts.
• Overseas tracker | National teams

"Kobe and his agent have been very professional throughout the dealings and it's been a pleasure to work with them," Sabatini said. "I have a huge amount of respect for Kobe not just as a player, but also as a person."

A source close to Bryant told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that Bryant is adamant that revenue from his presence in Italy benefit all 17 teams in the league's Series A division and not just Virtus.

Bryant, the source said, is aware that the entire Italian League has suffered under the current economic downturn in Europe. Part of the attraction to playing in Italy, as opposed to another foreign country, is the chance to resuscitate Italian professional basketball "as a whole," the source said.

Bryant grew up in Italy and speaks the language. He was 6 when Joe, his father and former NBA power forward, moved the family there to continue his basketball career, playing for four teams over a seven-year stretch.

Negotiations between Bryant and Virtus hit a snag when two smaller teams -- Cremona and Varese -- declined to adjust their schedules so that Virtus could play its first 10 games in the biggest available arenas, thereby maximizing ticket sales during Bryant's time in a Virtus uniform.

One means of making sure every team shares in the windfall of Bryant playing for Virtus would be to renegotiate recently signed TV deals with state-owned Radiotelevisione Italiana (Rai) and Telecom Italia Media's La7. The two networks both negotiated two-year deals to broadcast Series A games in mid-July.

"I think good sense will prevail," Sabatini said late Friday -- an upbeat outlook contrasted with a statement on his club's website earlier in the day.

"With great surprise, Virtus Basketball notes that, due to the negative view of some clubs, it's not possible to go forward with the 10-game agreement, therefore putting in serious doubt the economic deal behind the plan to bring Kobe Bryant to Italy," the statement said.

"We've got a chance to bring Bryant here ... and the nearsightedness of other clubs is making it impossible," Sabatini told Italy's Sky TV earlier. "If we were at the end of the season, with clubs f!ghting to avoid relegation or for the playoffs, I would understand. But now nobody has anything on the line."

Bryant was in Italy for sponsor appearances the past two days.

Virtus had been set to open the season Oct. 9 against Roma, but schedules need to be reworked after Venezia was added to the league as a 17th team. Sabatini wants to create a special schedule that a.ssigns Bryant's games to Italy's biggest arenas.

More on the Lakers
For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky Brothers. Blog

The deal would allow Bryant to return to the Lakers immediately if the lockout ends. The 33-year-old Bryant has three years and $83.5 million left on his contract with the Lakers, who could void the deal if Bryant is injured playing abroad.

Bologna would need to have the deal signed by the end of next week to register Bryant with the Italian league before the season starts.

Before the scheduling issues arose, Sabatini had said Bryant was expected to get a work visa and return to Italy next week.

"Kobe should be in Bologna by Wednesday or Thursday with his visa in hand for medical visits and then we can deposit the contract with the league," Sabatini told a local radio station. "I want to make clear that right now there are still no signatures. We've got to write the contract, which will then be read over and over again."

Between ages 6 and 13, Bryant lived in Italy when his father played with Rieti, Reggio Calabria, Pistoia and Reggiana from 1984 to 1991. The elder Bryant also once owned a small part of Olimpia Milano. He now coaches the Los Angeles Sparks in the WNBA.

Kobe Bryant, who still speaks Italian well, discussed his memories of his time in the country during an interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport two days ago.

"Italy is my home. It's where my dream of playing in the NBA started. This is where I learned the fundamentals, learned to shoot, to pass and to (move) without the ball," Bryant told the Italian newspaper. "All things that when I came back to America the players my age didn't know how to do because they were only thinking about jumping and dunking."

Bryant added that playing in Italy would be "a dream for me."

Bryant has been bothered in recent seasons by an arthritic joint in his right knee that required several minor operations. He sat out most of the Lakers' practices last season, and his scoring, shooting percentage and minutes decreased in his 15th NBA season.

Former USC guard Daniel Hackett, a dual citizen who plays for Pesaro in Italy, knows how he would play Bryant if he faced the former NBA MVP.

"The only way to stop a player that good is with a hard foul and he knows that," Hackett said. "I've got five fouls to commit and they're going to be the hardest five fouls I've ever committed."

Hackett also criticized speculation that Bologna will ask opposing clubs hosting Bryant's away games to chip in a portion of ticket sales to help pay Bryant's salary.

"I really hope Kobe doesn't lower himself to this level for economic and commercial motives," Hackett said, according to the Gazzetta.

The NBA season is scheduled to open Nov. 1 but owners and players have failed to agree on a new labor deal. The sides are at odds over how to divide the league's revenue, a salary-cap structure and the length of guaranteed contracts. Last week, the NBA postponed training camps and canceled 43 preseason games.

Virtus has won 15 Italian league titles but none since 2001, when it also won the Euroleague for the second time.

Bologna did not qualify for this season's Euroleague. The team has big ambitions, though, after signing former Clemson point guard Terrell McIntyre, who led Siena to four consecutive Italian titles before transferring to Malaga in Spain before last season.

Information from ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher and The a.ssociated Press is included in this report.

Doesn't look like a deal will get done.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy