Lil Wayne Revisits Jay-Z Beef, Says It "Isn't About Competition"

most viewed right now
 58
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 52
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 38
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 37
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 09-29-2011, 05:53 PM         #1
6839 pageviews
80 comments


luckyy0013 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lil Wayne Revisits Jay-Z Beef, Says It "Isn't About Competition"
 

 

[pic - click to view]



Weezy echoes previous statements and says that he knows "there won't be any repercussions."

Lil Wayne has once again addressed his beef with Jay-Z, claiming that he knew what he was doing when he dissed Hov on “It’s Good.” In a cover story for VIBE Magazine, Weezy explained that he doesn’t consider other rappers as “competition” and that he’s just focused on his own career.

“There’s no competition [with any artists]. Music isn’t about competition no more. All the gangster rappers are happy, all the skateboard rappers are happy, all the white rappers are happy…,” he said. “Everybody just happy to do music these days. There are no problems. That sh*t died a long time ago with them old-ass rappers. We are just making music, making money and having fun feeding our families. Competition is for the old guys.”

He also spoke about how he knew others would look at his shots towards Hov as a diss, but says that he didn’t fear any repercussions.

“I know for a fact, music is about perception. You can't do anything but perceive what you hear. If I know that for a fact, I can never be upset about someone's reaction to it. I'm not gonna say I don't know what will happen before I say it [on record]. I do know what will happen. I am aware of it. It is what it is,” he continued. “Well, I'm a man. I believe as a man you should know that. Every man should know the repercussions and consequences behind whatever they do before they do it. And of course, I know there won't be any repercussions behind what I did.”


[pic - click to view]

 Lil Wayne Revisits Jay-Z Beef, Says It "Isn't About Competition" | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

80 comments for "Lil Wayne Revisits Jay-Z Beef, Says It "Isn't About Competition""

 6 years ago '07        #2
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,624 | Props total: 2469 2469
@ wayne saying competition is for the old guys ..that's why rap is so fu*king soft ..competition is the only thing that makes individuals better, him saying that just goes to show you his fans have made him so comfortable and content with doing what he's been doing that he doesn't feel the need to progress anymore..what a wack a.ss n*gga he is for saying some sh*t like that
 6 years ago '07        #3
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
 mileycirus said:
DAMN jay-z's d!ck is small!!
 6 years ago '06        #4
Adewale 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$4,422 | Props total: 1379 1379
 mileycirus said:
DAMN jay-z's d!ck is small!!


that's wat came to your mind first after reading that article
 09-29-2011, 06:29 PM         #5
360crazy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luckyy0013 said:

[pic - click to view]



Weezy echoes previous statements and says that he knows "there won't be any repercussions."

Lil Wayne has once again addressed his beef with Jay-Z, claiming that he knew what he was doing when he dissed Hov on “It’s Good.” In a cover story for VIBE Magazine, Weezy explained that he doesn’t consider other rappers as “competition” and that he’s just focused on his own career.

“There’s no competition [with any artists]. Music isn’t about competition no more. All the gangster rappers are happy, all the skateboard rappers are happy, all the white rappers are happy…,” he said. “Everybody just happy to do music these days. There are no problems. That sh*t died a long time ago with them old-ass rappers. We are just making music, making money and having fun feeding our families. Competition is for the old guys.”

He also spoke about how he knew others would look at his shots towards Hov as a diss, but says that he didn’t fear any repercussions.

“I know for a fact, music is about perception. You can't do anything but perceive what you hear. If I know that for a fact, I can never be upset about someone's reaction to it. I'm not gonna say I don't know what will happen before I say it [on record]. I do know what will happen. I am aware of it. It is what it is,” he continued. “Well, I'm a man. I believe as a man you should know that. Every man should know the repercussions and consequences behind whatever they do before they do it. And of course, I know there won't be any repercussions behind what I did.”

Why can't boxden n*ggas comprehend this and stop wasting moments of th3ir life on dumb sh*t?
 6 years ago '10        #6
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$26,611 | Props total: 30574 30574
:guns::guns::guns:
 6 years ago '04        #7
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
avatar space
space
$19,025 | Props total: 4649 4649
hes only sayin hes not gonna get k!lled behind it
 6 years ago '07        #8
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
 Deniro732 said:
@ wayne saying competition is for the old guys ..that's why rap is so fu*king soft ..competition is the only thing that makes individuals better, him saying that just goes to show you his fans have made him so comfortable and content with doing what he's been doing that he doesn't feel the need to progress anymore..what a wack a.ss n*gga he is for saying some sh*t like that
It's just an ego thing. Once you feel like you're the best player and have your formula worked out, you feel like everybody else is just wasting their time. Wayne usually admits that he's not the best technical rapper but he feels like he figured out what works best for him specifically. He feels like nobody can replicate what he does as a rapper and be as successful as he's been.
 6 years ago '05        #9
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
As much as I love me some Nicki and don't mind Drake's music. YMCMB is making rap soft as hell

 6 years ago '07        #10
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
 Swisher sweet said:
As much as I love me some Nicki and don't mind Drake's music. YMCMB is making rap soft as hell

That's because it's pop.
 6 years ago '08        #11
senseispab 
space
avatar space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
 luckyy0013 said:

“There’s no competition [with any artists]. Music isn’t about competition no more. All the gangster rappers are happy, all the skateboard rappers are happy, all the white rappers are happy…,” he said. “Everybody just happy to do music these days. There are no problems. That sh*t died a long time ago with them old-ass rappers. We are just making music, making money and having fun feeding our families. Competition is for the old guys.”

And this is why the old rappers > the new ones.

This sh*t ain't Woodstock.
 09-29-2011, 06:49 PM         #12
360crazy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deniro732 said:
@ wayne saying competition is for the old guys ..that's why rap is so fu*king soft ..competition is the only thing that makes individuals better, him saying that just goes to show you his fans have made him so comfortable and content with doing what he's been doing that he doesn't feel the need to progress anymore..what a wack a.ss n*gga he is for saying some sh*t like that
Ur a damn lie...I can be the best at anything based off the simple fact that I love that particular thing and work hard at it. Nobody drives me...that shows signs of insecurity.
That's for n*ggas who dnt know themselves.
 6 years ago '06        #13
Adewale 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$4,422 | Props total: 1379 1379
I dont know Wayne acts like there is no competition, cuz his boy Drake sends alot of shots to a bunch of rappers. There is competition, its just no one is gonna man up and say "Fukk that n*gga in the red jacket"
 6 years ago '10        #14
onlybuilt1906 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,530 | Props total: 1123 1123
So basically he didn't say anything in the interview. Lame.
 6 years ago '08        #15
The N 467 heat pts467
space
avatar space
space
$45,555 | Props total: 17211 17211
read between the lines, he still saying we just playing with these old guys, fu*k these old guys.
 6 years ago '05        #16
HUDA2daF 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,531 | Props total: 7660 7660
jay said a possible fact, weezy said some fairytale sh*t he know he aint gon do...
 6 years ago '05        #17
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
Saying there's no competition and then sh*tting on those people that do compete is a form of competing. Wayne is a complete idiot.
 6 years ago '10        #18
ImSoThoed 418 heat pts418
space
avatar space
space
$1,901 | Props total: 20 20
 HUDA2daF said:
jay said a possible fact, weezy said some fairytale sh*t he know he aint gon do...
Are you talking about the same Jay-Z that said "Run up on Yeezy the wrong way, I might murk ya"???

Hypocrite.

Now we all know Shawn aint gon' do a damn thing.
 6 years ago '05        #19
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
avatar space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
 Smooth Brother said:
Are you talking about the same Jay-Z that said "Run up on Yeezy the wrong way, I might murk ya"???

Hypocrite.

Now we all know Shawn aint gon' do a damn thing.
Jay-Z shot his own brother, and stabbed a guy. What has Wayne done other than shot himself?

I'm not condoning any of these actions by the way, I'm just saying Shawn has done dirt before.
 6 years ago '11        #20
wwnuts 147 heat pts147
space
avatar space
space
$5,054 | Props total: 12700 12700
so to my white rookie ears who grew up w n.w.a and "heeyy we want some puussay" and slick rick: it sounds like weezy is saying *i can say and diss the shyt outta Jay and i kno his puussy a.ss is just going to sit there and take it like a "skinny girls v*gina"*

...i mean what am i missing about that?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 8
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy