iPhone 5 To Have 21MB/s HSPA+ 4G Technology

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
157 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
92 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
6799 pageviews
96 comments

Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
iPhone 5 To Have 21MB/s HSPA+ 4G Technology

[pic - click to view]

Japanese blog Macotakara reports (via MacPost) that a China Unicom executive apparently confirmed during a presentation at this week's Macworld Asia that the "iPhone 5" set to be announced next week will indeed support HSPA+ "4G" technology, offering a maximum theoretical data speed of 21 Mbps. A slide showing the information was photographed by Japanese site PC Watch.

Japanese IT news site "PC Watch" tells that, Research vice president of China Unicom, Huan Wenliang, told iPhone 5 will support W-CDMA based high-speed data transfer standard HSPA Evolution "HSPA+" (21Mbps) at keynote speech in Macworld Asia 2011.

Many had been hoping that the next iPhone would support the even faster LTE standard that has begun rolling out on a number of carriers, but rumors have consistently suggested that Apple will hold back on supporting the technology until appropriate chips of acceptable size and power consumption are available to meet Apple's needs. Apple has historically been conservative in adopting the latest cellular network technologies, having elected to release the original iPhone as an EDGE-only device even as many carriers were already rolling out 3G technology.

Claims of the iPhone 5 supporting HSPA+ surfaced earlier this year, with many noting that the move would result in a significant network speed difference between AT&T and Verizon/Sprint customers in the United States. AT&T has rolled out the intermediary HSPA+ technology as a bridge to LTE, and has been calling HSPA+ "4G" in its marketing. Existing iPhone 4 owners upgrading should be able to see a speed boost if they live in a supported area.

Qualcomm's world-mode MDM6600 chip found in the CDMA iPhone 4 already supports 14.4 Mbps HSPA+, but the device itself is limited to CDMA networks.

China Unicom is Apple's current carrier partner for the iPhone in China, although China Mobile and China Telecom are also working hard to secure the ability to offer the device.

[pic - click to view]

'iPhone 5' to Support 21 Mbps HSPA+ '4G' Technology - Mac Rumors

96 comments for "iPhone 5 To Have 21MB/s HSPA+ 4G Technology"

6 years ago '05        #2
Rockobox 76 heat pts76 OP
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
... if iphone 5 gets 4g, the haters are gonna be mad as fu*k
n*ggas avoiding this thread already
 6 years ago '05        #3
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,383 | Props total: 8063 8063
ayeee
 6 years ago '07        #4
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,675 | Props total: 16963 16963
good to see.
 6 years ago '04        #5
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,340 | Props total: 2762 2762
[QUOTE=Maroon_Tiger;20762827]... if iphone 5 gets 4g, the haters are gonna be mad as fu*k[/QUOTE
Y would they get mad especially when everybody and there momma knows that apple is going to put 4g on their iphone. The real question is which 4g tech they are planning to use. Lte, or hspa+.
 6 years ago '04        #6
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,340 | Props total: 2762 2762
 Maroon_Tiger said:
many quality sources confirmed that apple wouldnt have 4g until 2012 ALL YEAR LONG

im already debating whether to cop the iphone 5 this year, and skip the first 4g, but if this is 4g, im def. copping
No most source says that the lte version of iphone is coming out in 2012.
 6 years ago '04        #7
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,543 | Props total: 532 532
n*ggas still using iphones when there are better fresh os's out there
 09-29-2011, 10:39 AM         #8
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VictoryThagr8 said:
No most source says that the lte version of iphone is coming out in 2012.
The article pretty much says they're still working on making the new phones LTE compatible, so I don't see that happeing until next year either. What I know for sure, is on the day it drops I'mma be headed to the Apple/AT&T spot like...

[pic - click to view]

Rockobox said:
Especially the ones thinking the few rumors about the specs they've heard were all the new phone would offer. Those who thought they knew what they were talking about when they said Apple would only release a 4S this year will avoid this thread too.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 09-29-2011 at 10:41 AM..
 09-29-2011, 10:46 AM         #9
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deadwrong03 said:
n*ggas still using iphones when there are better fresh os's out there
My preference is to put my money towards products that have been in the making for a year, rather than products that come out every month. I don't really give a sh*t what you do though...keep buying the cheap sh*t, to each is own.
 6 years ago '06        #10
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1085 1085
 Maroon_Tiger said:
... if iphone 5 gets 4g, the haters are gonna be mad as fu*k
 Rockobox said:
u n*ggas are pathetic, getting hyped cuz the iphone is finally getting 4g? are u fu*ktards serious?

android has been on that 4G swag for like 2 yrs now, yall n*ggas late to the party

ol im getting excited cuz my phone finally has 4g a.ss n*ggas
 6 years ago '06        #11
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,506 | Props total: 17939 17939
yeah but the 4g is barely available anywhere if this happens theyre def gonna boost the places that have 4g
 6 years ago '04        #12
space
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
My preference is to put my money towards products that have been in the making for a year, rather than products that come out every month. I don't really give a sh*t what you do though...keep buying the cheap sh*t, to each is own.
im on wp7 bruh way better than iphone smoother os by far. Apple is out of ideas now they're stealing sh*t from wp7 and android now
 6 years ago '05        #13
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
 deadwrong03 said:
im on wp7 bruh way better than iphone smoother os by far. Apple is out of ideas now they're stealing sh*t from wp7 and android now
ios isn't smooth?

anyway i guess this is good for you guys in the states but im pretty sure the sh*tty canadian telecomm companies don't offer 4g yet so no difference for me
 6 years ago '04        #14
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 deadwrong03 said:
It's a personal preference. I would definitely consider a WP7 over any Android device provided I liked the build and they had the Apps that I used all the time. Right now they don't so I keep copping iPhones.

Rockobox said:
Oh I'm sure they've been here, there's just nothing they can say
 6 years ago '04        #15
space
space
space
 jay964 said:
ios isn't smooth?

anyway i guess this is good for you guys in the states but im pretty sure the sh*tty canadian telecomm companies don't offer 4g yet so no difference for me
didnt say iphone wasnt smooth but wp7 is smoother
 6 years ago '05        #16
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,087 | Props total: 10768 10768
 6 years ago '05        #17
Rockobox 76 heat pts76 OP
space
space
 servesurite said:
u n*ggas are pathetic, getting hyped cuz the iphone is finally getting 4g? are u fu*ktards serious?

android has been on that 4G swag for like 2 yrs now, yall n*ggas late to the party

ol im getting excited cuz my phone finally has 4g a.ss n*ggas
Amazing how you say this while I type this from an HTC Evo
 6 years ago '04        #18
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Rique said:
yeah but the 4g is barely available anywhere if this happens theyre def gonna boost the places that have 4g
Apple wont make a LTE version till most of the country has it. Did the same thing with the 3g phone.
 6 years ago '04        #20
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,708 | Props total: 436 436
4G is not even everywhere

I have the iphone 4, and my sh*t loads web pages way faster than my friends Evo on 4G

Not really caught up in the 4G hype
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy